Alexander the Great vs Saruman (read first)

Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By ThisIsGonnaHurt

This is not a head-on fight.

This is a duel between who is a greater commander.

Both have their respective armies at the height of their power and the fight is in a canyon running through a desert.

Rules to win:

A commander's army must completely destroy their opposition.

The commander must not interfere unless it is to give orders or encouragement. NO fighting on the commander's part.

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ThisIsGonnaHurt

sighs

Bump

Avatar image for the_devil_tiger
The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The Devil Tiger

Ok, I think Saruman would win. In a First time, Alexander would have the upper hand, cause the phalanx tactics of the Greeks would disband the sheer physical and brutality of the Urukhai, but, Saruman use his "magic" to destroy the rank and the disciplined of the troop of Alexander. The greek phalanx disband, the Urukhaï rush into their line, where their better ferocity whins the fight : The rest is Butchery.

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ThisIsGonnaHurt

The Devil Tiger says:

"Ok, I think Saruman would win. In a First time, Alexander would have the upper hand, cause the phalanx tactics of the Greeks would disband the sheer physical and brutality of the Urukhai, but, Saruman use his "magic" to destroy the rank and the disciplined of the troop of Alexander. The greek phalanx disband, the Urukhaï rush into their line, where their better ferocity whins the fight : The rest is Butchery. "

Okay, but please note:

Warsman says:

"This is *not* a head-on fight. This is a duel between who is a greater commander. Both have their respective armies at the height of their power and the fight is in a canyon running through a desert. Rules to win: A commander's army must completely destroy their opposition. The commander must not interfere unless it is to give orders or encouragement. NO fighting on the commander's part."
The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The Devil Tiger

Ok, but Saruman DID NOT figth himself, by magic, I talk about the explosive powder that open a breach in the Helm's deep. Denying the rigth of using the technology of one army is like deniyng the right to use his tactics. Anyway, I forgot the High quality of the Armor and Weapon f the Ururkhaï, Who use Weapon of Steel superior in this way over the Weapon of the reek army, who's rely of weapon of Brass.

Despite all of that, I think Alexander is a more better strategist than Saruman, and technology aside, he would win. Saruman is more an underhanded politician. Maybe he could win by bluff, but in this battlefield described by you, I doubt that he can do it.

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ThisIsGonnaHurt

The Devil Tiger says:

"Ok, but Saruman DID NOT figth himself, by magic, I talk about the explosive powder that open a breach in the Helm's deep. Denying the rigth of using the technology of one army is like deniyng the right to use his tactics. Anyway, I forgot the High quality of the Armor and Weapon f the Ururkhaï, Who use Weapon of Steel superior in this way over the Weapon of the reek army, who's rely of weapon of Brass. Despite all of that, I think Alexander is a more better strategist than Saruman, and technology aside, he would win. Saruman is more an underhanded politician. Maybe he could win by bluff, but in this battlefield described by you, I doubt that he can do it. "

I thought you were talking about Saruman himself using a magic blasting fire like in the books. I'm talking about his army at the height of its power, meaning they do have mines and ballistae.

The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The Devil Tiger

So, like I said, The Greek are Screw, Sorry for them, In an Open ground, I don't see The Great Alex and his fellow survive the battle for long. Even Individually, the Soldier of Saruman are Better : The Urukhaï can run, fight for DAYS without rest for Christ Sake ! The soldier of Alexander are brave, yet human, without the technology, they could rely on their tactics, but with the mines and the ballistae, teirs is no way they can win.