Avatar image for alexjmercer1979
alexjmercer1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By alexjmercer1979

Who will be last to face the legendary me?

eippihrellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By eippihrellik

you seem to be new here

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By Project_Worm

@alexjmercer1979: You know there's an entire board for battles right?

Avatar image for cerberusprime3k
CerberusPrime3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CerberusPrime3k

Sorta vague here you mean all the X-men or the standard group of em?

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SirMethos

Mercer hasn't shown any real defenses against Telepathy. There are plenty of powerful telepaths with the X-men, that would simply mind-rape him.

Avatar image for protectyournose
protectyournose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By protectyournose

@SirMethos said:

Mercer hasn't shown any real defenses against Telepathy. There are plenty of powerful telepaths with the X-men, that would simply mind-rape him.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Made a case some odd months ago about why telepathy would effect Mercer. Nothing has changed since then.

Protowiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Protowiz

@protectyournose said:

@SirMethos said:

This

Avatar image for beautifulrevery
beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By beautifulrevery

@god_spawn said:

Made a case some odd months ago about why telepathy would effect Mercer. Nothing has changed since then.

Can you post a link to that? I'm still of the mind that TP wouldn't affect Mercer due to the fact that he's a living colony of viruses.

If he can't be affected by TP then he murderstomps the X-Men(long as it's not the P5)

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11  Edited By Strider1992
cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cfrehse

@SirMethos: idk about that. ive played both games. He has absorbed so may memories and consumed so much that i think looking into his mind would be chaotic. i dont even know if you can shut him down. Hes not human hes an evolving everchanging virus. If telepaths have trouble with the hulk because of dual personalities i couldnt imagine trying to take over his mind. Sorry for the response a month later by the way. Just finished the second game.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@cfrehse:

Telepaths who look into the Hulk's mind can't because of a combination of rage, multiple personalities (he has more than two), and plot. It would be very easy to stop the Hulk if he was affected by telepathy. Any member of the X-men, with perhaps the exception of Psylocke, would mind rape Alex Mercer into oblivion. Emma Frost has on multiple occasion used her telepathy on multiple people, even alien beings. Also there is more to telepathy than just looking into someone's mind. Emma could simply command him to sleep, put him a complex illusion, shut down several parts of his body (like his powers), or make him think he's a woman. His brain is literally her play thing. Also, this is not the first time the X-men have fought someone like Mercer (a.k.a. Brood, Phallanx, Legacy Virus, Techno Organic, etc.).

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Deranged Midget

Depends on the roster.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

The top telepaths of the X-Men have mind controlled entire towns without an iota of effort on there part. Mercer consuming memories means nothing. Mercer gets stomped.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Hyperlight

@Deranged Midget said:

Depends on the roster.

i agree

Vengance101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Vengance101

Telepathy won't work on him, it's like saying telepathy would work on bacteria.

Franchise1590

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Franchise1590

I doubt Mercer could take out the entire X-men. Especially if multiple telepaths attack him at once.

Also I don't think he could absorb someone with high levels of durability without beating them down first and he'd be faces too many attackers.

I think Mercer collects a few bodies but gets overrun pretty quick.

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sideslash
  • Professor Xavier
  • Emma Frost
  • Jean
  • Hope
  • Psylocke

Do I win?

beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By beautifulrevery

@Franchise1590 said:

I doubt Mercer could take out the entire X-men. Especially if multiple telepaths attack him at once.

Also I don't think he could absorb someone with high levels of durability without beating them down first and he'd be faces too many attackers.

I think Mercer collects a few bodies but gets overrun pretty quick.

Without even counting the telepathy argument which will never be resolved imo because we need to know if each virus is independently thinking or how the virus's mental capabilities work. Mercer survived a nuke(he was a puddle of biomass after but he did survive) and he tanks military fire ranging from automatic fire to tank shells to rockets as well. That's not even counting the other members of the virus who had various ranges of superstrength(enough to shove tanks out of the way easily in some instances). Mercer is not getting overrun easily and it will take him seconds to snap the spines of some of the Xmen with human level durability absorbing them and possibly their powers/memories/knowledge of the other Xmen's weaknesses. Since this is in character the telepaths aren't going to go for immediate mind destruction and that gives Mercer a chance seeing as how he is willing to kill rather frivolously. If he takes out Emma he'll gain mental resistance and overrun the Xmen after a hard battle. All this counts on is whether there are telepaths present and whether he's affected by it/how his mind(s) function. If it's a cluster of viruses working together each with it's own mental capacity then the number can reach the billions and I doubt Emma/Xavier can handle that many separately functioning entities without assistance from a booster such as cerebro. I have it split down the middle 50/50. It can go either way.

Avatar image for obeliskthetormenter
ObeliskTheTormenter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexjmercer1979: X-Men stomp Alex Mercer

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Magethor

Someone doesn't like Alex Mercer.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Dextersinister

@beautifulrevery said:

@god_spawn said:

Can you post a link to that? I'm still of the mind that TP wouldn't affect Mercer due to the fact that he's a living colony of viruses.

If he can't be affected by TP then he murderstomps the X-Men(long as it's not the P5)

People have tried to make silly claims to go as far as saying that he isn't really alive despite the fact that he metabolises, even if he was originally just a virus he needs an organic brain in some shape or form to be able to actually function so he should be susceptible to telepaths.

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Magethor

You don't need a brain for telepathy to work. All you need is a consciousness. How do think Psychics can communicate with ghost?

There are many of factors that Mercer can't beat here.

• TP
  • TK
  • EMTK
  • Magic
  • CK
  • and some brute strength and durability

And to stray off-topic here, I also believe "Eve" from Parasite Eve can easily defeat Mercer.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Dextersinister

@Magethor said:

You don't need a brain for telepathy to work. All you need is a consciousness. How do think Psychics can communicate with ghost?

• TP
  • TK
  • EMTK
  • Magic
  • CK

And to stray off-topic here, I also believe "Eve" from Parasite Eve can easily defeat Mercer.

I was thinking that of that as well, even Rockslide who is entirely made of stone is vulnerable to telepathy but highlighting that Mercer needs a brain would get the point home for anyone who is unfamiliar with X-Men telepaths.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Bo88gdan

MErcer would die

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Bo88gdan

Iceman Solos

beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By beautifulrevery

@Dextersinister said:

@beautifulrevery said:

@god_spawn said:

People have tried to make silly claims to go as far as saying that he isn't really alive despite the fact that he metabolises, even if he was originally just a virus he needs an organic brain in some shape or form to be able to actually function so he should be susceptible to telepaths.

It's not a silly claim because you do have to realize that we don't know how his physiology truly works. Let's not forget deadpool has some TP resistance because of his Healing Factor/constantly changing brain cells. We don't and can't know unless he comes up against a telepath or it's explained by the game's creators.

@Magethor said:

• TP
  • TK
  • EMTK
  • Magic
  • CK

That doesn't explain how Deadpool is resistant to telepathy due to his brain.

Also bolded: No, stop that. No amount of brute strength that the X-men can muster is going to be able to put down Mercer. Unless we're using Colossus with Juggernaut powers/PF powers.

Brings to to my next question, what team is the OP using in this battle? That really influences how this battle will go.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dextersinister

@beautifulrevery said:

@Dextersinister said:

@beautifulrevery said:

@god_spawn said:

It's not a silly claim because you do have to realize that we don't know how his physiology truly works. Let's not forget deadpool has some TP resistance because of his Healing Factor/constantly changing brain cells. We don't and can't know unless he comes up against a telepath or it's explained by the game's creators.

@Magethor said:

• TP
  • TK
  • EMTK
  • Magic
  • CK

That doesn't explain how Deadpool is resistant to telepathy due to his brain.

Also bolded: No, stop that. No amount of brute strength that the X-men can muster is going to be able to put down Mercer. Unless we're using Colossus with Juggernaut powers/PF powers.

Brings to to my next question, what team is the OP using in this battle? That really influences how this battle will go.

Deadpool's telepathy resistance is random ass pull writers need to pull often in the Marvel universe because telepathy is often an auto-win if you don't have any resistance to it. Look at AvsX Iron Man came along with some telepathy stopping nanites so that Emma Frost wouldn't shut down most of the Avengers despite knock out gas being more effective.

Anyway you can't assume immunity to a power, telepathy has worked on a lot of people with a healing factor or regeneration.

I've played the games Mercer wasn't that resistant to damage, at best he could tank bullets.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Floopay

Darwin by himself would destroy Mercer, I can probably list more than a few others that would destroy him as well. This is quite the mismatch IMO.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By beautifulrevery

@Dextersinister:

Not gonna quote cause I hate long quote chains lol. The thing about Mercer is he isn't a normal organism so it's not fair to assume either way. He's a walking cluster of viruses working in conjunction with each other that absorbs memories and skills. Can you prove Deadpool's TP resistance is WIS or what? I mean Batman is resistant to TP too through training but that's WIS as well. You would assume TP would shutdown Bruce in a half second but it doesn't, does it? My point is you can't assume either way with any character.

I've also played the games and Mercer was pretty resistant to damage at least in my play through. The only things that caused somewhat significant damage were other powerful members of the Black/Redlight virus strains and high level artillery fire(tank shells, rockets, etc).

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Floopay

@beautifulrevery said:

@Dextersinister:

Not gonna quote cause I hate long quote chains lol. The thing about Mercer is he isn't a normal organism so it's not fair to assume either way. He's a walking cluster of viruses working in conjunction with each other that absorbs memories and skills. Can you prove Deadpool's TP resistance is WIS or what? I mean Batman is resistant to TP too through training but that's WIS as well. You would assume TP would shutdown Bruce in a half second but it doesn't, does it? My point is you can't assume either way with any character.

I've also played the games and Mercer was pretty resistant to damage at least in my play through. The only things that caused somewhat significant damage were other powerful members of the Black/Redlight virus strains and high level artillery fire(tank shells, rockets, etc).

Deadpool is not immune to telepathy. There has been one instance in X-Force where he was temporarily mind controlled. Deadpool's immense resistance is said to not be a direct byproduct of his healing factor. It is said to do with his cancer cells over producing and constantly changing his brain, so it's a secondary byproduct of his healing factor. However, more powerful telepath users have problems controlling him because of his insanity. Deadpool's mind is so random, and so chaotic, it is impossible to pin down, or really understand.

Wolverine has also been mind controlled on multiple occasions, even moreso than Deadpool. However, since Professor X fortified his mental defenses, he has become relatively immune. Sabertooth has a great degree of resistance, that's never been explained why as far as I know.

However, most characters with resistance to telepathy have trained their minds to be resistant, though that doesn't work all the time. And others have immunity for other reasons, Hulk can become immune if he is too enraged, as can Wolverine in berserk mode. But at the same time, more often than not, telepaths can be extremely potent against entire squads or even armies of characters at once.

Mercer is going against too much here, even without the telepaths he'd have no chance of winning against all the X-Men.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Vengance101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Vengance101

@beautifulrevery said:

@Dextersinister:

As I said earlier saying telepathy would work on Mercer is like saying telepathy would work on bacteria.

:/

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Magethor

@Vengance101 said:

@beautifulrevery said:

@Dextersinister:

As I said earlier saying telepathy would work on Mercer is like saying telepathy would work on bacteria.

Mercer has a soul. Telepathy will work.

Vengance101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Vengance101

@Magethor said:

@Vengance101 said:

@beautifulrevery said:

@Dextersinister:

Proof he has a soul?

you do know that the real mercer is dead and that the mercer you see is just the virus mimicking him?

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Dextersinister

@beautifulrevery said:

@Dextersinister:

Actually telepathy has shut down Batman more often than it hasn't so that occasion would be WIS, Superman has had mental blocks that have prevented him from being controlled when he's on his own or resisted mind control by going mindless but they aren't mentioned again on other occasions when he's controlled like a puppet, a character only has telepathic resistance if we are told they do or if there's some trait they have that telepaths can't effect like being undead or robotic. As I've said before Mercer needs a living mind to function which is all a telepath needs to work there magic regardless of how strange his biology is, he has no traits that I am aware of that would make it hard for a telepath to control his mind.

He can take a beating but it will kill him including bullet fire unless you have that armored form which slows you down, people like a normal Colossus, Namor or Cyclop's blast hit a lot harder than any attack Mercer's ever taken and his durability in Prototype 2 was really bad. That fight was to short and to easy, I expected some giant monster battle.

beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By beautifulrevery

@Floopay said:

@beautifulrevery said:

@Dextersinister:

Deadpool is not immune to telepathy. There has been one instance in X-Force where he was temporarily mind controlled. Deadpool's immense resistance is said to not be a direct byproduct of his healing factor. It is said to do with his cancer cells over producing and constantly changing his brain, so it's a secondary byproduct of his healing factor. However, more powerful telepath users have problems controlling him because of his insanity. Deadpool's mind is so random, and so chaotic, it is impossible to pin down, or really understand.

Wolverine has also been mind controlled on multiple occasions, even moreso than Deadpool. However, since Professor X fortified his mental defenses, he has become relatively immune. Sabertooth has a great degree of resistance, that's never been explained why as far as I know.

However, most characters with resistance to telepathy have trained their minds to be resistant, though that doesn't work all the time. And others have immunity for other reasons, Hulk can become immune if he is too enraged, as can Wolverine in berserk mode. But at the same time, more often than not, telepaths can be extremely potent against entire squads or even armies of characters at once.

Mercer is going against too much here, even without the telepaths he'd have no chance of winning against all the X-Men.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I didn't mean it was just his healing factor. I just didn't explain fully what it was but it's what you stated so I won't go into any more detail on that. The man tanked(I know I know, wrong use of the term but you know what I mean) a nuke. I still pose the question of who is on the team we're using for the Xmen? It makes a HUGE difference

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Floopay

@beautifulrevery:

It absolutely does, I know the following can probably solo him:

Iceman

Darwin

Anyone with the Phoenix Force

Omega Force (the Collective)

Legion

Either of the Richards children

Magneto

Vulcan

and there are probably more...

Plus we have all the speedsters for him to deal with.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

LordMachina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By LordMachina

@Vengance101 said:

@Magethor said:

@Vengance101 said:

@beautifulrevery said:

@Dextersinister:

Proof he has a soul?

you do know that the real mercer is dead and that the mercer you see is just the virus mimicking him?

Iceman solos. Boom.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Dextersinister

@beautifulrevery: Mercer didn't tank a nuke he survived it tanking implies you take the hit with little to no effect and keep going he was turned into a pile of goop that needed time to reform, how close was he to the center who knows perhaps he got blown back from where he was but his other feats of durability would put him a good level lower than what the X-Men can dish out.

Also Uncanny is the flagship so using that that as default seems like a good ideaand the recent and upcoming run have Magik who is incredibly powerful and could port him into the sun.

Vengance101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Vengance101

@LordMachina:He infects the x-men with the black light virus before getting frozen

boom

everybody is infected

gg

;)

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Sideslash

@Vengance101: Last time I checked, viruses don't like the cold...

(I hit the post cap.)

Vengance101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Vengance101

@Sideslash: well viruses don't usually get solved by using nukes.

Alex ain't no regular virus bro :]

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Sideslash

@Vengance101: Still isn't going to want to go anywhere near Iceman, given the fact that Iceman can reach temperatures of absolute zero.

Vengance101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Vengance101

@Sideslash:Shapeshifting + flash steps = getting in close enough to absorb Ice Man or infect him.

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Sideslash

@Vengance101: He's a conglomerate of viruses. Viruses will be wanting to stay away from Iceman, not near him. Any virus that gets near or inside him is going to be killed by the severe levels of cold he puts out.

Vengance101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Vengance101

@Sideslash:Alex isn't a regular virus he's capable of adapting, so yes he will be able to adapt just enough to defeat ice man there's no suggestion that shows Mercer has a weakness to cold if so they would have used nitrogen on him in the game.

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Sideslash

@Vengance101: Okay, you accept that Mercer is a virus, yes?

Viruses are vulnerable to extremes of temperature.

Iceman has this fancy move called the "Flash Freeze." It completely freezes an organism in a single move.

Vengance101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Vengance101

@Sideslash:And?

Mercer has a similar move except that's it's called the tendril barrage, besides I've never seen Iceman use flash freeze in all of his battles, it's once in a blue moon kinda thing.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Dextersinister

@Vengance101 said:

@Sideslash:Alex isn't a regular virus he's capable of adapting, so yes he will be able to adapt just enough to defeat ice man there's no suggestion that shows Mercer has a weakness to cold if so they would have used nitrogen on him in the game.

Every living creature is capable of adapting but there are some universal rules and a virus like a lot of other biological entities cannot function at extreme cold and you can't reasonably weaponize liquid nitrogen. You can only adapt to a certain extent, Alex adapting to the gas that was killing him is reasonable.

@Vengance101 said:

@LordMachina:He infects the x-men with the black light virus before getting frozen

boom

everybody is infected

gg

;)

This is the Marvel universe, there are super geniuses that could cure it before lunch, before breakfast if they just develop a cure using Wolverine's healing factor.