#1 Posted by MarvelJackAss433 (12238 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmmmm this one confused me 

#2 Posted by gunjin (716 posts) - - Show Bio

now i don't know much about mercer outside of what i read in his vine page, but i say wolverine, if we're going for hand to hand here. witchblade from what i've read needs to actively heal, and mercer couldn't consume wolverine's powers as he'd have to kill and eat him first. witchblade has been killed before, though not for long. 

#3 Posted by Fortified_Hooligan (2009 posts) - - Show Bio

Mercer would walk right over and consume wolverine.  
He doesn't have to kill a person, he just has to have them at his mercy.  
And wolverine is. 

i dont' know much about witch-blade, so i'll leave her out of this, but if she is in Mercer's league, then wolverine is going to die twice.
#4 Posted by MarvelJackAss433 (12238 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fortified_Hooligan:
when i've played prototype i always had to kill something to consume it,so i don't know what your talking about.
#5 Posted by rightprice (331 posts) - - Show Bio
@MarvelJackAss433 said:
" @Fortified_Hooligan: when i've played prototype i always had to kill something to consume it,so i don't know what your talking about. "
You only have to weaken the bigger monster things to be able to consume them.  The humans can be consumed right away, without weakening them first.
#6 Posted by gunjin (716 posts) - - Show Bio
@rightprice: i haven't played the game this guy is in. how much do you have to weaken them? wouldn't logan be able to damage him back and could this guy even digest the flesh in time, let alone adamantium skeleton, before wolverine started healing from the inside?
#7 Posted by Darkseid Elite (8424 posts) - - Show Bio

Mercer wins it here
#8 Posted by Tesseract (872 posts) - - Show Bio

Mercer survived Nuclear bomb....Hes pretty much like  Venom for regeneration if not better....mercer wins here.

#9 Posted by The Average Bear (2080 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fortified_Hooligan said:
" Mercer would walk right over and consume wolverine.  He doesn't have to kill a person, he just has to have them at his mercy.  And wolverine is.  i dont' know much about witch-blade, so i'll leave her out of this, but if she is in Mercer's league, then wolverine is going to die twice. "
How would Mercer consume the adamantium?
#10 Posted by Fortified_Hooligan (2009 posts) - - Show Bio

Mercer pulps humans and consumes them because they do not have anywhere near the strength necessary to resist him. 

He can consume Hunters, (which are able to throw cars hundreds of feet into the air to take down helicopters) after he dazes them. (And they don't have the where-with-all to resist) 

Wolverine has zero chance of resisting a consume. It will take about three seconds for mercer to consume a human sized body, way faster than wolverine can heal. What is happening there is mercer's tenticles are ripping the body apart on a cellular level and adding them to his mass. He also gains their genetic code, the structure of their brain is retained by some mechanism that allows  him to add their memories to his own. If he can't consume the bones, they would be stripped bare. 

As for wolverine damaging mercer, Sure, the blades should be able to cut, if they connect, but you have to remember that Mercer is dense as all hell. He has the mass of literally hundreds of people crammed into his body. He crushes cars when he walks over them, and causes craters when he drops off buildings. I don't think the claws are gonig to do all that much damage with wolverine's flimsy,slighty above human range muscles. 

I am also fairly sure that wolverine won't even get a chance to use them. Wolverine stands at like 5'2 " to 5'10", max. i don't remember the stat. Mercer's regular claws are probably longer than wolverine's whole arm. Add in the whip-grab, and wolverine is getting polished off in about five seconds. 

Not fast enough to dodge. 
Not strong enough to fight. 
Not agile enough to run. 

Dead.

#11 Edited by rightprice (331 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Average Bear said:

" @Fortified_Hooligan said:

" Mercer would walk right over and consume wolverine.  He doesn't have to kill a person, he just has to have them at his mercy.  And wolverine is.  i dont' know much about witch-blade, so i'll leave her out of this, but if she is in Mercer's league, then wolverine is going to die twice. "
How would Mercer consume the adamantium? "
Who knows.  He may or may not be able to.  When he consumes people in the game he consumes their clothing and anything else they're wearing.  In the game if you consume a marine wearing  fatigues , a gas mask, and a backpack you recreate those things when you shape shift into that marines form later on.  So he at least can consume synthetic fibers and plastics, but metals, particularly something like adamantium?  That's anyones guess.
#12 Posted by Fortanono (4889 posts) - - Show Bio

Witchblade.

#13 Posted by gunjin (716 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fortified_Hooligan: sounds good.
#14 Posted by Tesseract (872 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fortanono said:
" Witchblade. "
Why? 
#15 Posted by MarvelJackAss433 (12238 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fortified_Hooligan:
the consuming thing is like when you put a zombie in a fight match,everyone says one bite,the fight is done,which is true,but when you remove the bie from the match,it can drastically change. 
remove the consuming,the match changes.
#16 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8900 posts) - - Show Bio

Witchblade annihilates them both and returns home just in time to make sweet love to her boyfriend. Neither of them can take her. Even thinking of putting wolverine in this battle is ridiculous, he's not on the same level as Sarah Pezzini.

#17 Posted by Fortified_Hooligan (2009 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, 

I don't know why you want to do that, (Ok, lets have brock lesnar fight this nine-year-old, but he isn't allowed to use the uppercut!)  but I'll give a scenario without the consume. 

Wolverine and Mercer square off in the middle of central park. Mercer grabs wolverine  and throws him like a base-ball over the nearest seven story building. 

Mercergrabs wolverine with one hand, then clamps the other hand down right underneath wolverine's deltoid muscle. Then he squeezes until he hits admantium. Then he yanks, and wolverines flesh sloughs off like a snake skin under a belt-sander. 
 Repeat steps one, through three for all other parts of his body. 

Mercer grabs wolverine by the head and spins it around a few times. 

Mercer jams a thumb into wolverines eye socket, then pumps about forty pounds of tenticle through there, shoving wolverines entire brain out the other socket. 

Mercer spikes wolverine like a football player burying his head in the cement, then rips his guts out with a casual swipe. 

Wolverine gets the jump on mercer, and stabs him with his claws. Mercer blasts tenticles into wolverine's guts and then expands them rapidsly, and wolverine flies apart like viscera-confetti. 

do we need more to understand what is happening? 

Mercer can run around 70 miles per hour. 
Wolverine is slightly above peak human speed. 
Mercer can jump over a car, do a flip, snag the car mid-flip with his hands, complete the flip with car in-tow, and then toss the car hundreds of feet. 
Wolverine is slightly above peak human agility and strength. 
Mercer can dive off the top of a building, gain speed and smash into the ground with his body, cause a mini-earth quake and destroy vehicles in the immediate surroundings. 
Wolverine can heal from gunshots, stab wounds, and impacts in a handful of seconds. 
Mercer can pick up a destroyed helicopter, lift it over his head, then run strait up the side of a skyscraper. 
Wolverine has been known to take cover from machine gun fire. 

What do you want to see here? 
Wolverine cannot compete.
#18 Posted by rightprice (331 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fortified_Hooligan: Very nice analysis.
#19 Posted by gunjin (716 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fortified_Hooligan: well that was thorough, don't forget the cartilage and ligaments. but what about witchblade? crom-cruach seems to have a better idea of the character and a rebuttal.
#20 Posted by NexusOfLight (1715 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, this'll definitely come down between Mercer and Sara. I haven't played the game or read the comic Mercer was in, but thanks to Fortified_Hooligan I think I have a decent understanding on how he operates. 

So it's pretty safe to assume Wolverine is a non-factor in this fight. He's just simply out of his league against Mercer and Sara, so he should go down first. I gotta say from commercials I've seen of the game, it looks like he can do quite a lot of things. Looking at his page here, his powers are very diverse. The same can be said for the Witchblade. The Witchblade enhances all of Sara's physical stats to super human levels. Strength, durability, etc. It's also capable of taking on whatever form, weapon, and/or armor the wielder needs to take on a foe. Sara's taken on demons of various power levels and came out on top. It also provides a pretty decent healing factor. It can reanimate dead bodies, heal others, and heal the wielder without too much trouble. 

So how does this fight turn out? Well, I don't know. Despite what I've read up on Alex, I still don't really know how good he is. I'm sure he's up there, but since I haven't played the game or read his comic, I can't really say how Sara will fair against him. I do know Sara won't go down easily, though, if at all.

#21 Edited by Crom-Cruach (8900 posts) - - Show Bio

The way I see it. Sarah will start laying down the energy fire first to throw Mercer off his game and hamper his mobility. Multi-tasking, remember she can fly as shown recently. She'll burn, dodge and hack apart all those bio powers of hi and call upon the defensive powers of the blade to end the battle in a gruesome way. If Mercer's proving even more difficult. The wichtblade also has the ability to summon up creeps for support like the darkness can. This was shown at the last chapter of War of the Witchblades.

Mercer's never faced anything like the Balance before, he's in for a hell or a ride. And if I had to put money on it. I go with Sarah for the win without a doubt, she's taken on strong enough opponents to have earned her chops.

#22 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

Witchblade wins.  
Mercer can not consume Sara and her weapon... if  he even tries to, it will be his demise.

#23 Posted by Tesseract (872 posts) - - Show Bio
@IcePrince_X said:
" Witchblade wins.  Mercer can not consume Sara and her weapon... if  he even tries to, it will be his demise. "
How about slicing her head off?
#24 Posted by Fortified_Hooligan (2009 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't know about the witch-blade. 

Interested to see how she stacks up. Let er rip guys. 

#25 Posted by The Average Bear (2080 posts) - - Show Bio
@rightprice said:
" @The Average Bear said:

" @Fortified_Hooligan said:

How would Mercer consume the adamantium? "
Who knows.  He may or may not be able to.  When he consumes people in the game he consumes their clothing and anything else they're wearing.  In the game if you consume a marine wearing  fatigues , a gas mask, and a backpack you recreate those things when you shape shift into that marines form later on.  So he at least can consume synthetic fibers and plastics, but metals, particularly something like adamantium?  That's anyones guess. "
All of which are breakable substances. Adamantium is not.
#26 Posted by Doombert (519 posts) - - Show Bio

Sarah kills Mercer then goes back to being in love with logan making hairy little babies with perfect skin tone and lots of pointy things.

#27 Edited by Crom-Cruach (8900 posts) - - Show Bio
@Doombert said:

" Sarah kills Mercer then goes back to being in love with logan making hairy little babies with perfect skin tone and lots of pointy things. "

god that crossover ending was completely silly.

@Tesseract said:
""How about slicing her head off? "
Mercer's not even close enough strong to cut through a mystical artifact of immense power like the witchblade and she's always clad in armor. Plus the witchblade can regenerate it's wielder from mortals wounds, also shown in war of the witchblade's when Sarah was empaled by the Angelus's second in command.
#28 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tesseract said:
" @IcePrince_X said:
" Witchblade wins.  Mercer can not consume Sara and her weapon... if  he even tries to, it will be his demise. "
How about slicing her head off? "
The Witchblade always act before any imminent threat thus... slicing Sara's head will not happen as easy as it seems. 
For one... once the Witchblade sees a big threat what is stopping it from unleashing its power by creating an environment made of its substance and thus eliminating the threat almost immediately.
#29 Posted by MarvelJackAss433 (12238 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fortified_Hooligan:
i remove the consumtion because it's a easy end game without putting much effort.heck,sara might even get consumed in this fight.without mercer loses his healing factor ver time and also gets weaker(if we are going on game rules),there a beastys in the game that kill using only brute force,so wolverine's claw would do damage if given the right amount of time.still he gets beaten.as for sara,i'm not sure.

#30 Posted by MarvelJackAss433 (12238 posts) - - Show Bio
@Doombert:
wolverine and sara?that dosn't seem like a good couple lol
#31 Posted by Doombert (519 posts) - - Show Bio

Dont tell me!  Tell the writers!  I didnt make that up!

#32 Posted by Drache64 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER!!!!!!! 

Alex Mercer isnt Alex Mercer..... he IS the disease. mercer was just the first victim of the disease and then the disease thought it was mercer. can the witch blade fight cancer? albeit a mutated, borg-style-resistance-is-futile-consume-and-change-everything-into-mutant-freak cancer. 

and to answer that question: 

#33 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

Why the heck is Wolverine even here?

#34 Posted by Drache64 (334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida: snikt?
#35 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll give this to Witchblade, for shiggles.

#36 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8900 posts) - - Show Bio
@Drache64:  Yes it can, the mystical properties of the witchblade can heal the wielder of anything. Diseases and mutations are a non-factor in this battle.
#37 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @Drache64:  Yes it can, the mystical properties of the witchblade can heal the wielder of anything. Diseases and mutations are a non-factor in this battle. "
I agree.
The witchblade can also act up to the atomical level of a substance. If the virus is not magical based, it may have problems absorbing the witchblade but the worst case scenario, the witchblade absorbs the virus itself and use it against others.
#38 Posted by Drache64 (334 posts) - - Show Bio
@IcePrince_X said:
 the witchblade absorbs the virus itself and use it against others. "
then the virus wins. its still alive and more powerful.
#39 Posted by NexusOfLight (1715 posts) - - Show Bio

So from the discussion, I gather that anything Alex can do, Sara can do better, right? Shapeshifting, armor, blades, etc. And given the fact that the Witchblade is magic based, that puts it ahead of whatever Alex can do. Alright, I can dig it. Sara Pezzini comes out on top.

#40 Edited by Crom-Cruach (8900 posts) - - Show Bio
@Drache64 said:

" then the virus wins. its still alive and more powerful. "

Ah no. The Balance makes this mutation virus her bi**h, being a primordial artifact that can cure anything affecting the wielder.

@NexusOfLight said:

" So from the discussion, I gather that anything Alex can do, Sara can do better, right? Shapeshifting, armor, blades, etc. And given the fact that the Witchblade is magic based, that puts it ahead of whatever Alex can do. Alright, I can dig it. Sara Pezzini comes out on top. "

Yes, I haven't seen Mercer do anything on the level of the Witchblade, especially since the War of the Witchblades arc or the recent issue 136
#41 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio
@crom-cruach 
the witchblade can also manipulate life forces such as in the story arc of Fire Sermon where she used the aura of a group of people to open and maintain an escape portal which can mean it is capable of sucking out the living daylights of any organism with bioluminesence.
#42 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8900 posts) - - Show Bio
@IcePrince_X: true, plus I mean, seriously. How can you compare a mutation to a mystical artifact meant to keep to primordial forces in check. Witchblade takes this.
#43 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

The only sad thing with this thread is wolverine.... he is Sara's sort off husband in a way LOL

#44 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8900 posts) - - Show Bio
@IcePrince_X said:
" The only sad thing with this thread is wolverine.... he is Sara's sort off husband in a way LOL "
I'm not a fan of that crossover despite the fact the most Top Cow crossovers have been fun as far as crossovers go. This one just bugged me.
#45 Posted by harry23 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see Alex is going to lose this fight due to him being Blacklight which is a virus you can kill. If he was a virus that was COMPLETELY resistant to ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING INCLUDING MAGIC then he would have this in the bag.

#46 Edited by Strider92 (16737 posts) - - Show Bio

Witchblade>Alex>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wolverine

Why was this bumped?

#47 Posted by AlexMercer2345 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I think most people are forgetting that Alex absorbed hundreds hell maybe even thousand of Marines and Blackwatch Soldiers combined gaining their experience in battles and hand to hand combat. It's not ALWAYS about power it's actually planning out your moves and attacks on the opponent and ALWAYS thinking one step ahead of your enemy gaining the upper hand, staying on your toes in the fight. And honestly considering the fact that Alex absorbed so many Gentek scientist you'd think he do some research on the Witchblade knowing where it came from and what it does.

#48 Edited by Pope052 (3341 posts) - - Show Bio

Mercer stomps Logan. Alex outclasses Wolverine in every way.

I don't know much about Witchblade but from what I see here she beats Alex.