#1 Posted by slacker the hacker (7816 posts) - - Show Bio

No prep fight takes place in a empty new york to the death both blood lusted both have all there powers and upgrades no bfr who wins

VS

#2 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7162 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't played darksiders so I can't really judge
#3 Posted by slacker the hacker (7816 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer said:
"I haven't played darksiders so I can't really judge "

Well from what ive seen im leaning more towards war still not sure though
#4 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7162 posts) - - Show Bio
@slacker the hacker: 

but alex can regenerate from being blown to bits by a nuclear bomb
#5 Posted by slacker the hacker (7816 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer said:
"@slacker the hacker:  but alex can regenerate from being blown to bits by a nuclear bomb "

War keeps heaven and hell in check lol
#6 Posted by WarBlade539 (4759 posts) - - Show Bio

War

#7 Posted by Simon_the_digger (3440 posts) - - Show Bio

War

#8 Posted by Outside_85 (10312 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm gonna go with War since I hear his entire spectrum of attacks is down to one button you just mash repeatedly, while Mercer is overly spoiled with moves.

#9 Posted by Sethlol (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

War.

#10 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2636 posts) - - Show Bio

@Outside_85 said:

Hmm gonna go with War since I hear his entire spectrum of attacks is down to one button you just mash repeatedly, while Mercer is overly spoiled with moves.

Lol!

War wins. It would be a hell of a fight though.

#11 Posted by Hyperlight (6629 posts) - - Show Bio

i would asusme since war is of divine influence he would win. would be dope to watch though. those two are probably some of these most powerful video game characters.... along with dante and kratos

#12 Edited by AndreySemyonov1337 (503 posts) - - Show Bio

War is stupid. Mercer wins 7/10

#13 Posted by leonkarlen123 (5640 posts) - - Show Bio

Alex have became even more powerful in Prototype 2, he was throwing tanks with 1 arm, meaning he is at least a 100 toner.

War is pretty slow, sure he got powerful weapons but mercer can slice his head off.

#14 Posted by Parryboy (1164 posts) - - Show Bio

i would asusme since war is of divine influence he would win. would be dope to watch though. those two are probably some of these most powerful video game characters.... along with dante and kratos

Somebody never heard of this guy.

#15 Edited by sacredweapons (1339 posts) - - Show Bio

@parryboy said:

@hyperlight said:

Somebody never heard of this guy.

laughed when i clicked the link

#16 Posted by sacredweapons (1339 posts) - - Show Bio

Alex regen is lobo level but damage output isnt as high as war.

#17 Posted by RealityWarper (4240 posts) - - Show Bio

War kick the ass of godlike beings even not at full power.
You can be pretty sure that is strenght is better than his speed but I guess he is damn quick and his real form is to become an unstoppable and indestructible juggernaut.
Even Alex Mercer is really strong and adaptative I go for War on this one...

#18 Posted by Hyperlight (6629 posts) - - Show Bio

@parryboy: hahah yeah ive heard of em. I didn't say they were the most powerful but they are up there

#19 Posted by Dr_Halloween (47 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to say war so bad but I don't know. I wish they made another Darksiders so we can see the horsemen's power with all the seals broken.

#20 Posted by Jmarshmallow (10546 posts) - - Show Bio

War should win, but Alex has better feats.

Jmarshmallow

#21 Posted by RealityWarper (4240 posts) - - Show Bio

A living virus Vs Divine Powers...
Yeaaaaaah guess who will win xD

#22 Posted by MonsterStomp (20606 posts) - - Show Bio

War should win, but Alex has better feats.

Jmarshmallow

Wait... What?

#23 Posted by DraciosV (751 posts) - - Show Bio

Alex have became even more powerful in Prototype 2, he was throwing tanks with 1 arm, meaning he is at least a 100 toner.

War is pretty slow, sure he got powerful weapons but mercer can slice his head off.

Throwing APCs. Not tanks. An APC.

#24 Posted by Jmarshmallow (10546 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: War SHOULD win, but Alex has better FEATS.

What part was confusing?

Jmarshmallow

#25 Edited by RealityWarper (4240 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Jmarshmallow (10546 posts) - - Show Bio

@realitywarper: War didn't destroy the world, his actions did.

It was actually the fighting between Heaven and Hell that destroyed the world.

So yes, technically "war" did destroy the world, but in the actual sense of the word war, not referring to the character War.

Jmarshmallow

#27 Edited by RealityWarper (4240 posts) - - Show Bio

@jmarshmallow: If he hit Mercer with his Chaos Bringer, Mercer is dead but he actually don't kill him...
His actions do... :D

#28 Posted by Jmarshmallow (10546 posts) - - Show Bio

@realitywarper: Are you saying that War's Chaos Bringer is more powerful then a nuke?

Jmarshmallow

#29 Posted by tparks (5418 posts) - - Show Bio

@realitywarper: Are you saying that War's Chaos Bringer is more powerful then a nuke?

Jmarshmallow

Mercer has nuke level power? Never played much of the game, and I've never seen that feat before. You have a video?

#30 Edited by Jmarshmallow (10546 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: Mercer tanked a nuke.

Just search "Prototype ending" on YouTube, Watch the video by tetraninja, and at around 9:00 is when it happens.

As an avid fan of Darksiders, I don't recall War's Chaos Bringer having that level of force.

Jmarshmallow

#31 Posted by AnnoyedImmortalSpirit (768 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by tparks (5418 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: Mercer tanked a nuke.

Just search "Prototype ending" on YouTube, Watch the video by tetraninja, and at around 9:00 is when it happens.

As an avid fan of Darksiders, I don't recall War's Chaos Bringer having that level of force.

Jmarshmallow

I don't know if I would call that tanking a nuke, but surviving and healing from it, because he had to completely regenerate his body as his entire body was blown away to nothing. Still impressive, but not really something to show off his durability, instead it shows off an amazing healing factor.

War might not be able to kill Mercer, but I would assume he could cut him down to the point it's considered a KO. It wouldn't be easy for either of them to get a win IMO though.

#33 Posted by Jmarshmallow (10546 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: I would definitely qualify it as tanking a nuke.

To "tank" something means to survive it, and Alex survived a nuke. Even if only a bit of him survived, that's still wouldn't count as a KO.

The fact that he healed from it is also an amazing regeneration feat, but being able to survive it in the first place is a durability feat.

And perhaps with Chaoseater he could cut down Mercer, but even that is debatable since he could just heal after each cut.

Jmarshmallow

#34 Posted by tparks (5418 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks: I would definitely qualify it as tanking a nuke.

To "tank" something means to survive it, and Alex survived a nuke. Even if only a bit of him survived, that's still wouldn't count as a KO.

The fact that he healed from it is also an amazing regeneration feat, but being able to survive it in the first place is a durability feat.

And perhaps with Chaoseater he could cut down Mercer, but even that is debatable since he could just heal after each cut.

Jmarshmallow

Ususally if you someone says a character "tanked" something they are referring to durability, they are saying the character took no damage or very little damage, and not that their entire body was dissolved to nothing and had to regrow. That feat had nothing to do with durability, other then to say his body can not withstand a nuke, without taking significant damage, even if he is able to heal from the damage.

It also took him a really long time to finally heal back, it's not like he did Wolverine level healing. The city was not even burning or anything by time he came back, so it must have been a while. Is there any other feats that actually show a time frame of how quick he can heal? If it is instantly, then he shouldn't be considered KO'd, but if it takes him any substantial amount of time like it did when he was nuked, then I think it should be considered a KO as far as battle thread purposes go.

I do agree though that healing back from nothing shows a great healing factor, it would just be nice to know how long it took him to do it. :)

#35 Edited by RealityWarper (4240 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry it is Chaos eater, but he has the Armaggeddon Blade too.
I guess for killing Godlike people it is better than a nuke even the powers aren't clearly described.

#36 Posted by Jmarshmallow (10546 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks said:

Ususally if you someone says a character "tanked" something they are referring to durability, they are saying the character took no damage or very little damage, and not that their entire body was dissolved to nothing and had to regrow. That feat had nothing to do with durability, other then to say his body can not withstand a nuke, without taking significant damage, even if he is able to heal from the damage.

To be fair, I'm fairly certain the term "tank" really came into popularity because of WoW. And in the game, a "tank" is a character who can withstand the brunt of an attack and not die.

So, technically, since Alex withstood the attack without dying, he "tanked" it.

Had Alex died because of the attack and been reduced to nothing, then he wouldn't have tanked it. But because he survived, even in pieces, he tanked it.

It also took him a really long time to finally heal back, it's not like he did Wolverine level healing.

Not true, we don't know how long it took him to actually heal.

In the game, after you've been damaged, healing is instant if you consume bio-mass. You still heal if you don't consume anything, but it takes a little bit longer.

After the nuke feat, Alex was able to find a crow, and it appeared that after consuming it he recovered pretty instantly. Who knows how long it would have taken him if the crow wasn't there, but with it there it was pretty instant.

Granted, in the OP New York is empty, so unless some stray birds come by he won't be able to consume anything. He'll just have to heal naturally, which means he'd have to stay out of combat for awhile. I don't think this will be particularly hard for him to do, as War isn't as agile as his brother Death. Alex will be able to run away and stay a safe distance if things get too hectic, because War doesn't have TOO many ranged attacks.

Alex does though, if push comes to shove.

The city was not even burning or anything by time he came back, so it must have been a while.

The city wasn't burning because the nuke exploded in the middle of the ocean. Alex drove a helicopter out to the middle of the ocean, dropped it off, and tried to escape before it exploded (but failed). The nuke never came close to the city.

Is there any other feats that actually show a time frame of how quick he can heal?

Again, it's instant if he consumes something.

But without bio-mass to consume, it typically takes around 10 seconds without being hit to heal in the game.

If it is instantly, then he shouldn't be considered KO'd, but if it takes him any substantial amount of time like it did when he was nuked,

It didn't take that long.

then I think it should be considered a KO as far as battle thread purposes go.

OP specifically said "to the death" in the thread, so a simple KO isn't going to work.

So War would have to output MORE damage than a nuke to actually kill Alex. And War just doesn't have that kind of damage output.

I do agree though that healing back from nothing shows a great healing factor, it would just be nice to know how long it took him to do it. :)

I agree! I wish they were more clear on that.

Jmarshmallow