• 97 results
#51 Posted by GodTriggerHulk (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

@misterguyman: As I recall it was Kyle Reese who stated that, he in no way designed the time machine and would be unaware of upgrades to it.

Also the T-1000 is miniectic poly alloy not flesh, so this whole tangent is a waste of time.

#52 Posted by MisterGuyMan (2027 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2:

So I point out issues mentioned in the original material and I'm grasping at straws? Haha yeah ok there, whatever you say. Perhaps you don't know your material because the first two movies are the highest tier of canon and the OP shows a picture of the T1000 from the second movie. Beyond that there are alternate timelines and different histories. In the first two movies time travel is only possible by organics. I don't think it makes sense either but it's there. You don't like it? Please inform Mr. Cameron to retcon it and I'll drop the point.

Moreover even in the extended universe this is still true:

Mercer wins either way with or without it.

I'm just pointing out that Mercer likely can absorb T1000 anyway because of the dumb rules in the first two movies.

#53 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Nowhere in the whole Terminator-verse is it stated that you can send non-organics back in time. If it where true that they could send full on machines back then why were both the T-1000 and T-X time displaced in human forms rather than their metallic or robotic forms? If the process did not require organic tissue then why go to all the trouble of sending them in flesh forms? Heck, why didn't they just send the T-1000 in Sphere form given the spherical nature of the displacement? All of these things make no sense unless the Time Displacement tech still requires organic tissue.

The T-Infinity was invented by a much more advanced form of Skynet as the Arnie doesn't know anything about it. It uses tech that is well beyond anything that Skynet has produced to date. That one has obviously solved the problem because its time displacement does not require it to be in a flesh form. The more advanced Skynet fixed the problem, the one that created the T-X and T-1000 did not.

Let me ask you a quick question, how does the T-1000 achieve its ability to move? How does it shapeshift into skin and clothes if it is in fact "Liquid Metal?" Why also does it require physical touch to be able to mimic its target? This suggests that it samples the DNA and modifies itself with the DNA of its intended target to achieve the mimicry. The fact is that it is very likely partly Organic which explains its ability to time travel, its ability to sample DNA, and its ability to move.

#54 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: It depends on which mercer we're talking about. In prototype 2, he was harder to destroy than the city itself, or all the previous bosses combined. Hell, according to the developers and Easter eggs he didn't even die when heller absorbed him! He is above death by the end of the second game, as a result of having absorbed so much biomass and so many other evolveds.

Good to know, however in this case I see nither by normal means ending the other. It is a stalemate as it is.

alex drops him on a lava.

problem t-1000?

Since we want to make dumb claims.

Why not Vaporise Mercer in a rip of Time and Space.

Skynet drops T-1000 on Mercer.

End Thread

#55 Edited by Equonox (964 posts) - - Show Bio

@misterguyman said:

Mercer can likely just absorb T1000 because only biological matter can go back in time.

..... sad logic......

@diredrill said:

@cadencev2: The problem with that is Mercer is faster and has a number of mobility powers that would allow him to escape death namely his gliding which will be incredibly easy given the thermals being constantly created by the volcano. That strategy would only work on someone who is not faster and more mobile than you are. Mercer is in every way, T-1000's superior. He will eventually find a means of victory and attain it.

Again that is not the case. This is a stalemate. Unless T-1000 gets his gear of Plasma Weapons from the Future.

Since Mercer needs Bio Mass and Plasma vaporises bio mass......

@equonox said:

Hasn't Mercer regenerated from basically nothing? Even if the T-1000 encoats him or whatever, this seems like a stalemate to me...

Wrong, he needs Bio Mass, when he was nuked by the "outskirts" of the Nuke, heed survived as a clump of meat, he then had to spend much time from Crow to other crap, to regain Bio Mass. No Bio Mass, No Regen.

Agreed, but what can the T-1000 do to eliminate all his biomass? Even if he coats him or cuts him to pieces or whatever, he can't get rid of his biomass so much as just contain or separate it. I still think this is a draw...

#56 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@misterguyman said:

@cadencev2:

So I point out issues mentioned in the original material and I'm grasping at straws? Haha yeah ok there, whatever you say. Perhaps you don't know your material because the first two movies are the highest tier of canon and the OP shows a picture of the T1000 from the second movie. Beyond that there are alternate timelines and different histories. In the first two movies time travel is only possible by organics. I don't think it makes sense either but it's there. You don't like it? Please inform Mr. Cameron to retcon it and I'll drop the point.

Moreover even in the extended universe this is still true:

Mercer wins either way with or without it.

I'm just pointing out that Mercer likely can absorb T1000 anyway because of the dumb rules in the first two movies.

And again you epicly failed to remember the simple fact he is made and stated as nothing more than Liquid Metal and Terminators can Time Travel without Flesh!

@diredrill said:

@cadencev2: Nowhere in the whole Terminator-verse is it stated that you can send non-organics back in time. If it where true that they could send full on machines back then why were both the T-1000 and T-X time displaced in human forms rather than their metallic or robotic forms? If the process did not require organic tissue then why go to all the trouble of sending them in flesh forms? Heck, why didn't they just send the T-1000 in Sphere form given the spherical nature of the displacement? All of these things make no sense unless the Time Displacement tech still requires organic tissue.

The T-Infinity was invented by a much more advanced form of Skynet as the Arnie doesn't know anything about it. It uses tech that is well beyond anything that Skynet has produced to date. That one has obviously solved the problem because its time displacement does not require it to be in a flesh form. The more advanced Skynet fixed the problem, the one that created the T-X and T-1000 did not.

LOL Look above.

Seriously both of you are failing hard to prove a totally made up and unfounded theory of T-1000 being Organic!? It is pathetic and laughable.

T-Infinity can Time Travel. Why Not T-1000, maybe the better explain reason is Things like T-Infinity and T-1000 are made of Metal that can Time Travel. T-1000 is Polly Alloy, a non existent metal.

Instead you both are grasping for straws of T-1000 being Organic so your fave character can win?

GTFO LMAO.

This is as best a Stalemate. I see no real way in this situation for T-1000 winning.

You you do not see me making **** about why T-1000 should win. Get over it, it is a stalemate.

Let me ask you a quick question, how does the T-1000 achieve its ability to move? How does it shapeshift into skin and clothes if it is in fact "Liquid Metal?" Why also does it require physical touch to be able to mimic its target? This suggests that it samples the DNA and modifies itself with the DNA of its intended target to achieve the mimicry. The fact is that it is very likely partly Organic which explains its ability to time travel, its ability to sample DNA, and its ability to move.

This is so sad..... Polly allow is a non existant and never will be real metal. Trying to slap unfound logic on it is a dumb as trying to prove God makes Thunder when he Bowls in heaven. Quit it. Just stop while your ahead.

#57 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@equonox: Unlike some fanboys on here who are blatantly making up crap to say Alex wins, I am not saying T-1000 can really win at all.

There is no way for either to take out the other. It is a stalemate from a .... Pay Attention Maercer Fanboys....

Logical Standpoint Base On Proof And Feats...

.... that neither can beat the other with standard physical brawling they do.

#58 Posted by MisterGuyMan (2027 posts) - - Show Bio

T-Infinity isn't canon to the first movies. After the second movie, everything from the future is from an alternate timeline. Moreover simple liquid metal can't look like flesh either so just saying it's liquid metal and expecting the issue will go away won't work.

The movie stated only organic material can go back in time. I don't think it makes sense either but it's not my movie so my opinion doesn't count. So for the record, neither of us like it but it's still true.

#59 Posted by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@misterguyman: We won't convince him, the Fanboy is strong in this one. He tends to completely ignore facts which disprove him in favor or just saying that it is wrong. He will never address anything that we have brought up with anything more than you are wrong.

#60 Posted by GodTriggerHulk (1998 posts) - - Show Bio
#61 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@godtriggerhulk said:

@misterguyman: The movie didn't state it, Kyle Reese did.

Well MisterGuy? Guess Kyle is the Expert... wait what did he say again? "I dont know why, I didnt built the damn thing!"

Sounds like your argument is so full of flaws its noticeable by others on here.

Nice remembering BTW. GTH I actually forgot that :/

@diredrill said:

@misterguyman: We won't convince him, the Fanboy is strong in this one. He tends to completely ignore facts which disprove him in favor or just saying that it is wrong. He will never address anything that we have brought up with anything more than you are wrong.

Coming from the guy who so DESPERATELY want to prove Alex Mercer can kill with no Acid or Heat Base Weapons the Liquid Metal T-1000.... well it is pretty clear who the fanboys are.

At least I stated Stalemate. Not "Durp, Alex Wins cause of some totally make believe logic that Mercer will open a Volcano with his non existent power or absorb Liquid Metal even tho all he absorbs is bio mass....durp" arguments.

#62 Edited by DireDrill (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Desperately? Where do you get that? I don't really care too much for Alex Mercer. Anything that dares challenge your understanding is automatically is desperate?

Kyle Reese says it and Skynet proves it time and again when they send all of their Terminators back in flesh forms. T-Infinity is a creation of a much later version of Skynet.

Most of the biomass that he absorbs comes from humans which have some metals in their system (Namely iron which is required for respiration) and anything that they are wearing including any body armor, metal zippers, metal belt buckles, helmets, and a myriad of other materials. At any given time, Alex has many non-biological materials in his system that likely prove useful when he replicates clothing and outfits worn by his targets. Even if the T-1000 isn't biological in nature, which is untrue based upon the rules of the Terminator-verse, there is nothing stopping Mercer from just absorbing him like he does the clothing of every person he has ever consumed. Once inside him, T-1000 will be torn apart by his system through enzymatic breakdown.

But you'll dismiss this because you can't counter it and simply say that I am wrong.

#63 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: However, Alex Mercer CAN absorb metal. He absorbed an evolved who had a metal pipe, and actually brought metal spikes (not biomass) up from the ground. He also can bring out the metal from the various things he's absorbed (mostly iron from the blood in people, but also their zippers, etc.) and use it for attacks.

#64 Edited by Bronze_Surfer (2962 posts) - - Show Bio
#65 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@bronze_surfer: I mean, it's possible, because he absorbed the weird reshape-able metal of the other Evolveds. But that is at least a CHANCE that Mercer has, whereas T-1000 could not possibly win. Mercer has a chance to be able to absorb the liquid metal, since he's absorbed similar things in the past.

#66 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2962 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium: A metal pipe, zippers on peoples clothing, and the iron in peoples blood does not equal liquid metal from the future. I say stalemate but if anyone was to win in a comic I would put mercer 5.1/10

#67 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@bronze_surfer: *and the liquid metals of other Evolveds

Though that's basically just the same thing, but it IS reshapable.

Thing is, if Mercer can absorb it, he wins every single time. If he can't, it's a straight-up 5/10.

#68 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: However, Alex Mercer CAN absorb metal. He absorbed an evolved who had a metal pipe, and actually brought metal spikes (not biomass) up from the ground. He also can bring out the metal from the various things he's absorbed (mostly iron from the blood in people, but also their zippers, etc.) and use it for attacks.

Actually I do not remember any of this from the Cut Scenes. I assume this is a game play mechanic then?

Assuming he can manipulate metal then yes, Alex definitely can win this.

@cadencev2:

Kyle Reese says it and Skynet proves it time and again when they send all of their Terminators back in flesh forms. T-Infinity is a creation of a much later version of Skynet.

Most of the biomass that he absorbs comes from humans which have some metals in their system (Namely iron which is required for respiration) and anything that they are wearing including any body armor, metal zippers, metal belt buckles, helmets, and a myriad of other materials. At any given time, Alex has many non-biological materials in his system that likely prove useful when he replicates clothing and outfits worn by his targets. Even if the T-1000 isn't biological in nature, which is untrue based upon the rules of the Terminator-verse, there is nothing stopping Mercer from just absorbing him like he does the clothing of every person he has ever consumed. Once inside him, T-1000 will be torn apart by his system through enzymatic breakdown.

I dismiss the laughable approach of agreeing with someone who thinks T-1000 is Biological. Polly Allow could be different and Time Travable, further proof suggest it as TX also had a Coating of Polly Alloy and T-Infinity has Polly Alloy for armor.

Ere Go Polly allow seems Time Travable while anything else is not. It make WAY MORE sense then arguing T-1000 is Biological.

If T-1000 was Biological, then the Freezing Temps would out right killed it like the worst case of Frost Bite ever!

It was the dumbest argument yet. Base around Kyle Reese statement that ends with (I do not know why, I did not build the damn thing!"

Yeah.... Reese is the real authority on Time Travel......

#69 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Both actually. In the final mercer vs heller fight, the cutscene before, one of the evolveds has the metal blades that are their specialty, and another is holding a pipe for...whatever reason. He also uses metal in his attacks.

Great, so cadencev2 thinks that Mercer can win this! I'd say this is a victory for us, considering you seem to be the Terminator expert.

#diehappy

#70 Posted by Wolfrazer (6042 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Well technically, the liquid nitrogen would have stopped the T-1000 if it wasn't for the heat melting it. Of course only temp until it eventually melted, unless they got all the pieces in a very cold environment room.

#71 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Well technically, the liquid nitrogen would have stopped the T-1000 if it wasn't for the heat melting it. Of course only temp until it eventually melted, unless they got all the pieces in a very cold environment room.

Point was Liquid Nitrogen on living Tissue equals instant Frostbite and death of tissue. For the whole argument of T-1000 being organic.

@cadencev2: Both actually. In the final mercer vs heller fight, the cutscene before, one of the evolveds has the metal blades that are their specialty, and another is holding a pipe for...whatever reason. He also uses metal in his attacks.

Great, so cadencev2 thinks that Mercer can win this! I'd say this is a victory for us, considering you seem to be the Terminator expert.

#diehappy

lol, cant fault that logic, so no need to drag it on.

#72 Posted by Wolfrazer (6042 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Ahhh...also the line is "I didn't build the ****ing thing!"

#73 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

I love that Line. I love how Reese gets more face time in the Dark Horse Novels. He actually single handily kills a second T-800 by himself..... before dying again after this time lol.

#74 Posted by Wolfrazer (6042 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer said:

I love that Line. I love how Reese gets more face time in the Dark Horse Novels. He actually single handily kills a second T-800 by himself..... before dying again after this time lol.

In the future he killed one?

#75 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 said:

@wolfrazer said:

Actually in the past. Mind Screw Spoiler.....

In the Dark Horse comic arc 2029-1984, it shows Reese as he grew up and led his own rebellion survivors before falling under John. He takes out a Hunter Killer Tank with a Dirt Bike and Grenade lol. Then it turns out after a attack on a Skynet base, the past Kyle (Movie Kyle) never actually died! He was near death and still had a faint pulse. He been held prisoner by the military and then Skynet for the whole war.

So this older Kyle has to convince his friend to go back in time and save him so he would not be capture. Ofcourse another T-800 was sent backl around the same time. So after Kyle is saved by his friend and Sarah, they have to kill this second T-800 while Sarah falls into Labor.

Anyway....

#76 Posted by Wolfrazer (6042 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer said:

@cadencev2 said:

@wolfrazer said:

Actually in the past. Mind Screw Spoiler.....

In the Dark Horse comic arc 2029-1984, it shows Reese as he grew up and led his own rebellion survivors before falling under John. He takes out a Hunter Killer Tank with a Dirt Bike and Grenade lol. Then it turns out after a attack on a Skynet base, the past Kyle (Movie Kyle) never actually died! He was near death and still had a faint pulse. He been held prisoner by the military and then Skynet for the whole war.

So this older Kyle has to convince his friend to go back in time and save him so he would not be capture. Ofcourse another T-800 was sent backl around the same time. So after Kyle is saved by his friend and Sarah, they have to kill this second T-800 while Sarah falls into Labor.

Anyway....

Hm....well then..

#77 Posted by MisterGuyMan (2027 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2:

Kyle says only organics can go back in time. However much you want to imply he doesn't know what he's talking about, he still knows more than you. Moreover, the Organic limitation was created to explain why none of the time travelers go back with a huge arsenal. Let's assume you're right. So basically the Terminators and Kyle himself all go back in time naked for no reason? Maybe John Connor wants to pull off an elaborate hazing for his Dad by sending him back with no weapons and making up a stupid limitation about how only organics can go back. Ok, but then why doesn't Skynet send the T800 back with weapons too?

Moreover, Mercer absorbs enemies in their entirety. He absorbs their memories, body and even their clothes. So T1000 is liquid metal. Ok, well Mercer absorbs soldiers including their metal equipment all the time.

#78 Posted by oceanmaster21 (7742 posts) - - Show Bio

T1000 wins

#79 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@misterguyman said:

@cadencev2:

Kyle says only organics can go back in time. However much you want to imply he doesn't know what he's talking about, he still knows more than you. Moreover, the Organic limitation was created to explain why none of the time travelers go back with a huge arsenal. Let's assume you're right. So basically the Terminators and Kyle himself all go back in time naked for no reason? Maybe John Connor wants to pull off an elaborate hazing for his Dad by sending him back with no weapons and making up a stupid limitation about how only organics can go back. Ok, but then why doesn't Skynet send the T800 back with weapons too?

Moreover, Mercer absorbs enemies in their entirety. He absorbs their memories, body and even their clothes. So T1000 is liquid metal. Ok, well Mercer absorbs soldiers including their metal equipment all the time.

The Evidence is shown that T-X, T-1000, and T-Infinity all have Polly Alloy, all have it in common of not needing living tissue for time travel.

Connection? I think so. It seems pretty obvious Polly Allow can time travel. Just because Reese says in the first movie (Before the existence of Polly Allow) nothing Dead can go through amounts to jack crap for the following reasons.

1) There was no Polly Allow.

2) Reese is in no way a expert of the Time Travel device.

3) T-X (Coated in Polly Allow), T-Infinity (shows Polly Allow in art and repairs), and T-1000 (Straight up 100% Polly Allow) all Time Travel with no Bio-matter covering.

4) Reese comments was when Reese use the Prototype device, before the existence of Polly Allow, and the advances in Time Travel to allow such substance thru.

I... I can almost see a obvious pattern here.......

That is my point.

#80 Posted by MisterGuyMan (2027 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2:

That's an interpretation. Can you prove it from the source material? I doubt you can. Can you explain how a supposedly pure metal can look like actual skin, hair, nails and even other organic items like wool? Your argument is essentially Polly Allow is metal therefore it cannot be organic. First of all Polly Allow doesn't exist so how do you know what it can and cannot be? Second there are special organic metals developed today so your assertion that anything metal cannot be organic is also wrong.

Finally your assertion that a better time travel machine was created that can transport metals has several issues. Why was the T800 sent back without any weaponry in T2? Why wasn't the T1000 sent back likewise with any weapons? Why was the TX sent back naked in T3? Polly Alloy can be sent back but it's obviously not a normal metal. It can look organic. It can travel in time whereas neither Skynet nor Connor are sending normal weapons back either.

Finally you're ignoring the fact that Mercer can absorb inorganic materials. The soldiers he absorbs are have metal in their equipment for example.

#81 Posted by Chibi_cute (4452 posts) - - Show Bio
#82 Edited by Dextersinister (5765 posts) - - Show Bio

Why don't people use Heller over Mercer when he is the stronger within the prototype universe? He did beat him in a straight up canon fight.

No fanfiction about how Mercer wanted to be eaten please.

#83 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Why don't people use Heller over Mercer when he is the stronger canon within the prototype universe? He did beat him in a straight up canon fight.

No fanfiction about how Mercer wanted to be eaten please.

If Mercer was so powerful why not eat Heller rather the other way around? Is that what your asking?

#84 Posted by GhostRider2 (3268 posts) - - Show Bio

@dextersinister: they wanted to kill Alex, thats why they made Heller consume him, anyway Alex is cooler they should have continued the story with him.

#85 Posted by Equonox (964 posts) - - Show Bio

@equonox: Unlike some fanboys on here who are blatantly making up crap to say Alex wins, I am not saying T-1000 can really win at all.

There is no way for either to take out the other. It is a stalemate from a .... Pay Attention Maercer Fanboys....

Logical Standpoint Base On Proof And Feats...

.... that neither can beat the other with standard physical brawling they do.

Yea I think we are in agreement.

#86 Edited by Wolfrazer (6042 posts) - - Show Bio

Just a small thing, but why is everyone using a W for Alloy? Its Mimetic Poly Alloy not Allow....unless of course there is also a different spelling, but just something I noticed.

#87 Edited by JohnnyZ256 (2237 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, it's poly-alloy. I'm assuming it was a misspelling.

#88 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Just a small thing, but why is everyone using a W for Alloy? Its Mimetic Poly Alloy not Allow....unless of course there is also a different spelling, but just something I noticed.

Yes, it's poly-alloy. I'm assuming it was a misspelling.

I always misspell that **** word. Word check accepts both, so whateves.

#89 Posted by JohnnyZ256 (2237 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2:

I'm warning you, Cadence: If you screw up the spelling again, I'm going to send the T-X after you.

#90 Posted by OpCharybdis (190 posts) - - Show Bio

Cadence, shut up.

You're like a smarter version of Name55555 (smarter, mind you. Name was stupid enough to say he won when every single one of his posts were debunked by several people). You don't think T-1000 wins, but can't accept that Mercer does win.

First off, you have yet to counter why Terminators and Humans go back in time without non-organic material. Even if T-1000 was inorganic, Alex has absorbed and reformed working radios...He can absorb a somewhat Organic metal.

#91 Posted by CaptainDoeo (789 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: I have to point this out, Mercer wasn't on the outskirts of the explosion. He was closer to the center.

#92 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@dextersinister:

He really isn't.

Even IF we disregard ALL canon about Mercer being above death, etc. Mercer had 4x the HP of Heller -and there's a reason for this. He'd absorbed a million people by the end of Prototype 2, and it would have been child's play for you controlling Mercer to kill Heller.

#93 Posted by OpCharybdis (190 posts) - - Show Bio

Alex fights until he's bored.

He then tosses T-1000 away and go eats some random New York Zero-er.

#94 Posted by OpCharybdis (190 posts) - - Show Bio

@opcharybdis: Cadence, I rebunk myself. I think I was half-asleep and drunk during this comment (the insult, I'm 100% about my first comment). Anyway, I just say that it's Mercer 5.5 out of 10 just to finish it...

#95 Posted by MarvelouFury (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Stalemate or Mercer wins... One or the other.

#96 Edited by ProfZ (274 posts) - - Show Bio

Throwing the T-1000 into lava ought to do the trick. Mercer has the strength to do this. Also the T-1000 has nothing in his arsenal to do any effective damage to Mercer.

#97 Edited by Aeon-Rising (458 posts) - - Show Bio

Alex Mercer stomps. He was godly in the second game.