Avatar image for ultimate_magneto
Ultimate Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ultimate Magneto

The battle takes place in New York city. Absorbing Man and Sylar have both heard of reports on the news about a strange creature running loose and infecting and eating numerous people. Both from their respective homes/hideouts come across the creature in a fairly large form alongside numerous smaller ones. Absorbing Man takes on a steel form before the fight starts. 

Alex from a short distance away was disguised as a civilian and sees the two new boys and decides to pitch in and kill the monster (as well as the other two). A big free for all starts up with minimal -- if any -- knowledge on who or what the others can do. We are using the standard forms of each character here, before any short lived powers ups or downs. Aside from the obvious -- we all die in the crossfire -- who wins in the end?

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The thing, though squishy and blastable, would probably end up killing both sylar and absorbing man. It only takes a single cell of the thing to infect a host and convert them (over time).  

The question here would be can Mercer's own biology repel the thing's infection? Maybe it can, maybe not. 

Mercer should be able to absorb Sylar, if he is distracted by the chaos around him and doesnt see Mercer coming. Or actually, even if he had mercer pinned to the wall with TK, a sudden aoe devestator from that position should render him off-balance enough for mercer to do a standard consume on sylar. 

Steel-based absorbing man can trade knucks with mercer, but his durability won/'t hold up under prolonged attack by Alex. 

both sylar and absorbing man should be able to splatter any number of thing-forms, so if the rule is that there is only one, and there is no infection allowed, then the thing would be first to go down. If infection is allowed, then the thing is still first to go down, but ressurects later in myriad forms, and ultimately everyone would need to turn their attention to scrubbing it from the planet.
Ultimate Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ultimate Magneto
@Fortified_Hooligan: Good post overall. Anyone else? Any comments?
AndyKeel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By AndyKeel

maybe 1st  team

Ultimate Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ultimate Magneto
@starkiller95: First team? It's a free for all match; no teams.
AndyKeel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AndyKeel
@Ultimate Magneto:oh,sorry. than alex mercer
Superparody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Superparody

ill go with sylar...a radation blast of nuclear cababilities will destroy everyone at point blank range

Ultimate Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ultimate Magneto

@Superparody said: 

" ill go with sylar...a radation blast of nuclear cababilities will destroy everyone at point blank range "
Mercer was blasted by a nuke and reformed... And what's stopping Absorbing Man from just absorbing the radiation and becoming that?
Superparody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Superparody
@Ultimate Magneto said:
"   @Superparody said: 
" ill go with sylar...a radation blast of nuclear cababilities will destroy everyone at point blank range "
Mercer was blasted by a nuke and reformed... And what's stopping Absorbing Man from just absorbing the radiation and becoming that? "
Mercer didnt take the nuke a point blank range...
and can absorbing man absorb nuclear radation...wouldnt that turn him into pure energy and he would dissapitate?
Ultimate Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ultimate Magneto
@Superparody said:

" @Ultimate Magneto said:

"   @Superparody said: 
Mercer was blasted by a nuke and reformed... And what's stopping Absorbing Man from just absorbing the radiation and becoming that? "
Mercer didnt take the nuke a point blank range... and can absorbing man absorb nuclear radation...wouldnt that turn him into pure energy and he would dissapitate? "
 He's become water, helium, cocaine, and even absorbed Odin's energy blasts becoming just that. I don't see him having a hard time with radiation myself. Good point with the nuke, though it's still kind of iffy. If one cell remains of The Thing or Mercer they could conceivably reform.
Superparody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Superparody
@Ultimate Magneto said:
" @Superparody said:

" @Ultimate Magneto said:

"   @Superparody said: 
Mercer didnt take the nuke a point blank range... and can absorbing man absorb nuclear radation...wouldnt that turn him into pure energy and he would dissapitate? "
 He's become water, helium, cocaine, and even absorbed Odin's energy blasts becoming just that. I don't see him having a hard time with radiation myself. Good point with the nuke, though it's still kind of iffy. If one cell remains of The Thing or Mercer they could conceivably reform. "
though couldnt Syler hit them with the radation blast knocking Alex out or killing him, killing the thing or reducing it to a cell and then worry about taking absorbing ma...Alex needs flesh to regenerate and he would have died in the game had a crow not come up close and picked at his puddle of blood body
Ultimate Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ultimate Magneto
@Superparody: True, though I'm not sure what will happen from there between the two living viruses. Now what about Creel and Sylar? What's going to happen there? Can Creel absorb the properties of the Thing? Just many questions I'd love to have answered between all four of them and their "power/genetic/DNA" stealing abilities. Let's not forget that if one gets distracted by one of them, the other two can take the advantage for what it's worth and probably come out on top.
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Baldy

Creel wins this. They can't even touch him with anything he can't absorb.

Ultimate Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ultimate Magneto
@Baldy: Are you saying he'd absorb the properties of a virus (such as Alex or Thing) and basically become one himself? Sure that wouldn't infect HIM instead?
Superparody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Superparody
@Baldy said:
" Creel wins this. They can't even touch him with anything he can't absorb. "
or sylar cant telekentically lift him in the air and saw his scalp off
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Current Creel pwns anyone reading MA knows why

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Matezoide2

unless Creel got stronger,i say it is a stalemate betwen him and Mercer,simply because i dont think they can actualy put the other down

i wonder what would happen if Alex absorbed Creel,thought

@Son_of_Magnus said:

" Current Creel pwns anyone reading MA knows why "

he had an upgrade recently?
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#18  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Matezoide said:
" unless Creel got stronger,i say it is a stalemate betwen him and Mercer,simply because i dont think they can actualy put the other down

@Son_of_Magnus said:
he had an upgrade recently? "
He absorbed the Cosmic Cube
greenenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By greenenvy

I want to see alex vs cole now thats better in my point of view for a crossover. That will really test who is hero and villian between them because in the games cole can be superhero or infamous and alex being neutral all the time.

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By Matezoide2
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Matezoide said:
" unless Creel got stronger,i say it is a stalemate betwen him and Mercer,simply because i dont think they can actualy put the other down

@Son_of_Magnus said:
he had an upgrade recently? "
He absorbed the Cosmic Cube "
he did WHAT?!!??!

he absorbed the freaking Cosmic Cube O_o
wow...what he did with his new power?
Superparody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Superparody
@greenenvy said:
" I want to see alex vs cole now thats better in my point of view for a crossover. That will really test who is hero and villian between them because in the games cole can be superhero or infamous and alex being neutral all the time. "
Neutral my ASS how many innocents has Alex killed in order to find out that he was...
Ultimate Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ultimate Magneto

This is NOT Cosmic Cube/whatever Absorbing Man. This is him at a strong point in his career but that wasn't a recent or very extremely short lived upgrade, though I don't mind discussion going on about that sort of thing.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Enemybird

Alex mercer comes out on top...He is basically invincible with sufficient biomass around and since the fight takes place in new york city....Well you see my point.... I dont know exactly what sylars standard powers If i had to guess i would say TK & healing... Which means he would probably be absorbed my Alex eventually... thing would be killed...since alex is a virus... I dont think thing can take over his body... but its debatable...