#1 Posted by RidTom (214 posts) - - Show Bio

V.S.

Alex Mercer has attacked each individual game universe, threatening to spread the virus across the Platforms. Realizing the threat, The Outsider and the Elder Scroll Gods bring these 3 warriors to due battle against the monster that is Alex Mercer. Will they Prevail or Will all be for Naught?

Rules:

• These are Lore versions of these characters (I.E. canon main quest characters)
  • Dragonborn can be any race you prefer but he has mastered all shouts and has access to canonical weapons and armour
  • Corvo has every power and upgrade as well and canonical weapons
  • Cole is the same as the above
  • Alex is the same

The Battle takes place in an abandoned ruin:

#2 Edited by Pope052 (3477 posts) - - Show Bio

@ridtom: Nice battle, Probably Mercer in a long fight.

Anything Corvo can dish out Alex can take as far as i'm aware , Since Cole is fully upgraded he'll stand a strong chance but ultimately I see Cole getting consumed as well as Corvo. Mercer takes these two both 8/10 times at least.

Dovahkiin however is a different story...

He'll give Mercer the fight of his life. Shouting him while Alex is in the air, Storm Call seems stronger than Cole's lightning storm so it would do serious damage to Mercer, anytime Mercer gets close Dovahkiin can freeze him, burn him, etc. He also has his dozens of spells/weapons/armor to aid him, he can call Dragons to distract Mercer, conjure Atronachs aswell just for the sake of it. Only disadvantage is Dovahkiin being slow.

Mercer though is faster than Dovahkiin will ever be. Dovakiin's weapons wouldn't hurt Mercer much, his shouts would prove problems along with his spells and Dragons. Mercer is the more durable one though and he should be able to consume Dovahkiin if he grabs a hold of him. I see Alex winning 6/10 times especially if he gains the abilities of Cole and Corvo after consuming them.

So in conclusion, Mercer should take this fight most of the time...

#3 Posted by RidTom (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@pope052: Thanks, I wanted to try something different for a battle. I though Corvo's magic such as slow time and wind balst might help him out a bit, but is really that outclassed?

#4 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12483 posts) - - Show Bio

Dragon Born solos, any weapons and armor? All shouts? Wabbajack turns Alex into a goat or cheese. I really don't think I need to go into further detail about how much he solos...meh I will.

Mehrunes Razor=one shot kill, certain armors give insta regen, to list them all would take a long time.

#5 Edited by tshock (158 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: But could any of the team actually be fast enough to hit Alex? Alex is extremely fast even by superhuman standards.

#6 Edited by JediXMan (31573 posts) - - Show Bio
@tshock said:

@ancient_0f_days: But could any of the team actually be fast enough to hit Alex? Alex is extremely fast even by superhuman standards.

Corvo and Dragonborn have time slowing abilities.

#7 Posted by dondave (38975 posts) - - Show Bio

Team

#8 Posted by tshock (158 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: Oh yeah huh, but Alex is still far stronger and much more durable than any of the other characters. If even one of the main characters slips up, Alex would absorb them and possibly gain their abilities. He's far too unpredictable for the team.

#9 Edited by Wardemon32 (4941 posts) - - Show Bio

How is this fair? Cole solos

#10 Edited by Dextersinister (6632 posts) - - Show Bio

@tshock said:

@jedixman: Oh yeah huh, but Alex is still far stronger and much more durable than any of the other characters. If even one of the main characters slips up, Alex would absorb them and possibly gain their abilities. He's far too unpredictable for the team.

He actually has less variety than any character here, most of his abilities are merely variations on limb changes. He has only ever gained the abilities from other virus infected, power absorption would be pure speculation especially when he gains nothing from the super soldiers.

Corvo can possess him straight away, against any individual it's an incredibly overpowered ability.

In the Lore he wouldn't be capable of dodging Cole who can channel his electricity everywhere or just outright vaporize the area. As far as I am aware he is the most obviously powerful character on this page, the Dragonborn is supposedly very powerful but that's only from what I've heard.

He can't hide from the team either every character here has a locator power.

#11 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12483 posts) - - Show Bio

@tshock said:

not if he gets turned into a sweetroll

#12 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

Team, people greatly underestimate how powerful Cole actually is.

#13 Edited by AnyWhichWayButUp (760 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't Cole steal life aura or something? Team by far: Time stops instant heals and no innocent by standers to get absorbed by Alex.

#14 Edited by reikai (4848 posts) - - Show Bio

Dovahkiin does have a shout that makes his melee attacks ridiculously fast. Works with Mehrune's Razor.

#15 Posted by JediXMan (31573 posts) - - Show Bio

@tshock said:

He actually has less variety than any character here, most of his abilities are merely variations on limb changes. He has only ever gained the abilities from other virus infected, power absorption would be pure speculation especially when he gains nothing from the super soldiers.

Corvo can possess him straight away, against any individual it's an incredibly overpowered ability.

In the Lore he wouldn't be capable of dodging Cole who can channel his electricity everywhere or just outright vaporize the area. As far as I am aware he is the most obviously powerful character on this page, the Dragonborn is supposedly very powerful but that's only from what I've heard.

He can't hide from the team either every character here has a locator power.

Lore-wise, I believe the Dragonborn is supposed to be the strongest. Gameplay-wise, I might give it to Cole.

Not sure how lore-Dragonborn would do against Cole as the Beast.

#16 Edited by Pope052 (3477 posts) - - Show Bio

@ridtom: No doubt it could harm Mercer, but Mercer can regenerate as far as i'm aware. If he consumes Cole before Corvo then Corvo is finished...

@calebhara: Very true indeed, but Cole is very slow and not as durable compared to Alex.

Besides that think about the missions in Infamous that Cole has trouble with, Alex would stomp through most of those missions without difficulty. Kessler wouldn't have proven much of a challenge if it was Mercer, but that's just opinion..

#17 Posted by tshock (158 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: Would Mehrunes Razor work on Alex? He's not technically a "living thing"

#18 Posted by SirMethos (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

Lore-wise the Dragonborn is a reality warping Demi-God. He could solo, and take out the other members of his team at the same time if he wanted to.

#19 Posted by RidTom (214 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#20 Edited by OpCharybdis (190 posts) - - Show Bio

Even if the other team had time-slowing abilities, you'd have to slow time by about 18x to even match Mercer. That means that if they slow time down to 18x slower, than a full-speed Mercer STILL matches.

I'd expect him to just bullet-dive them.

#21 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

Depending on the starting distance, Cole can solo.

#22 Edited by Argothor (115 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 wins. Dragon born uses the shout "storm call" on Mercer while Cole strikes Mercer with lightning, fire and or ice. Corvo distracts Mercer by teleporting.

#23 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@opcharybdis:

Oh come on. I'm a huge prototype fanboy and I can tell the team stomps.

Dovaahkin could literally just one shot him with the wabbajack after a hugely aoe shout, or go vampire or werewolf and be at his level and then change back or something.

Cole can heal the team really easily so mercer would have to absorb and typically he can only do that on bosses who are small and have been weakened.

#24 Posted by adamatiumman (90 posts) - - Show Bio

dovakiin wabbajacks mercer into cheese :P

#25 Posted by KingOfAsh (3636 posts) - - Show Bio

Even one of the other team could solo Mercer easily.

#26 Edited by CaineShaw (22 posts) - - Show Bio

The Wabbajack can't even transform the guards, what the hell makes you people think it'll effect Mercer? The worst he'll get is the thunderstorm effect which isn't even effective IF he can even hit mercer. Also, last time I checked Corvo could only posses living things. Trying to posses Alex would be like trying to possess a fork. And as for Cole http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/alex-mercer-vs-cole-macgrath-401395/. There is absolutely nothing stopping Alex from chucking the Dragonborn into orbit. Alex could speed blitz the entire team and win. Curbstomp.

#27 Posted by BajES (1 posts) - - Show Bio

@ridtom: To basically anyone here saying Mercer loses:

Mercer is IMMUNE to bullet damage (Considering he is more evolved than Heller->Heller has bullet immunity->Mercer has bullet immunity), so any weapon weaker than a bullet won't harm Mercer. Considering his superhuman abilities, wabbajack can't override the Blacklight virus, etc, so magic, while it is the best shot, can't do enough.

Corvo, as far as i know, would be able to delay Mercer, but not in any scenario i can think of to win. He cannot possess someone with blacklight.

The Dragonborn, according to most likely canon is a Nord, non-mage (Nords hate magic) melee warrior with a possibility of wielding a bow. Swords do no damage whatsoever to Mercer, and a bow & arrows would be useless. His shouts would be the only way he could even do damage, but freeze-shouts can't hold him, and the lightning storm from Dovahkiin is the only thing that can really deal damage assuming it hits.

Cole is the toughest one, but considering that Alex Mercer survived a nuclear blast there isn't much i have to say here. He could consume any living thing nearby to regenerate, and even if blood spatters are left around, Mercer will eventually regenerate from it.

#28 Edited by GhostRider2 (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

Alex consumes all of them or cut them in half, no stop the solo bullshit no one here can win against Mercer even as a team they lose.

#29 Posted by DeathSamurai (537 posts) - - Show Bio

@bajes: OP says Dragonborn can be any race and has all his shouts so he solos.

#30 Posted by GhostRider2 (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathsamurai: How?He isn't immune to damage like Alex and Alex is way faster than Dragonborn.

#31 Posted by DeathSamurai (537 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostrider2: He can summon and command Dragons, slow time, and turn into a werewolf. All of those are ways he can catch Alex and thats just a couple.

#32 Posted by GhostRider2 (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathsamurai: yeah but thats not going to help, he can't kill Alex.

#33 Posted by DeathSamurai (537 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostrider2 Well he might not solo but i guess as long as he can hold Alex, cole can finish him with his eletric whatever stuff.

#34 Posted by GhostRider2 (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathsamurai: that would hurt but not kill, besides Alex can reform.And if they split he can just consume one of them and gain new powers.Or he can do a devastator attack.

#35 Posted by i_like_swords (18336 posts) - - Show Bio

Just as a representative of the Dovahkiin...

Some of his best shouts include: Soul Tear (Kills someone, steals their soul, ressurects them as a dead minion), Slow time (Slows time a massive amount but not for the Dovahkiin), Become ethereal (means becoming ghost like, can't hurt and can't be hurt temporarily), Bend Will (This bends someones will and forces them to become a servant to the Dovahkiin. It works on wild animals, giants, mammoths, people and Dragons. This shout is no joke, neither are the others). There's more, but that's all I can think of right now.

Spells - Invisibility, useful. Paralysis, again, useful. Summon dremora/storm thrall (summons a Daedric warrior or stone-like magically powered creature that shoots lightning. Neither of these guys are a joke, and he can summon both of them, or two of them, at once.) Dragon Hide (gives the Dovahkiin the hide of a Dragon on top of his armor, making him practically inpenetrable). Calm, fear and frenzy spells (mind controlling spells that will either calm someone down completely, send them running in fear, or send them into a rage and attack anyone).

So conclusion.. best bet for the Dovahkiin is to slow down time. Now, unless Alex has a resistance to some of the best magical mind control the Elder Scrolls has to offer, he's going down eventually. Dovahkiin needs only to Slow Time, and calm him down initially. Then, after throwing around a couple of ideas on how to kill him, he'll find the one that works, paralyze a "calm" Alex, set his Daedra/Atronachs on him, turn invisible and unhearable and backstab him (which he could of done to start with, btw) and blast him with high level destruction spells and various shouts, while his teammates do their thing.

What counters has Alex got for any of that?

#36 Posted by GhostRider2 (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: thats by level, there is no guarantee that is going to calm/work (on) Alex.Paralysis won't work thanks to his virus, there are so many things that won't work on Alex.And remember he can reform.Alex can also go armor mode.

#37 Posted by i_like_swords (18336 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostrider2: I can't find an official Lore page for the Last Dragonborn that outlines his abilities.. annoying.

I don't see why it wouldn't if the Dragonborn had mastered it. Even then, he has "Powers" that act as spells, but they always work. Depending on what Standing Stone he chose or what powers he had unlocked.

He has no counter to Soul Tear or Bend Will. Even magical Paralysis? Does his virus cover magic too?

What are Alex's weaknesses because I'm sure after enough time the Dovahkiin would have something to put him down.

#38 Edited by GhostRider2 (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: yes why not, they can hurt him but not kill him.I'm not sure if he has a soul (he is the virus), in that case soul tear fails.Like i said if they split he can consume them.And he has no weakness, they can only hurt him.

#39 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio

Alex Mercer wins. His opponents don't have the strenght / speed / durability to compete with him.

For the sake of the fight: Let's say that Alex Mercer would survive the first minute of the fight, if he would decide to run in. He certainly has the agility and abilities to dodge and absorb a lot of damage. He would then hide and try to separate them to take them out one by one. After killing the first one, which shouldn't be all too hard, especially because he could stand everywhere, because of his ability to wall-run and glide. From such a safe position he can easily attack one of his opponents with underground claws and then consume him. What holds him back from going to the second opponent and just kill him casually, when he is not holding back?

But Mercers only real weakness seems to be electricity. In the first game he even got KOed, when someone used a taser on him, so Cole might be a problem, but then again Cole is not a Supreme Hunter and therefore he doesn't have the durability to survive Mercers attacks.

#40 Edited by i_like_swords (18336 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostrider2 said:

@i_like_swords: yes why not, they can hurt him but not kill him.I'm not sure if he has a soul (he is the virus), in that case soul tear fails.Like i said if they split he can consume them.And he has no weakness, they can only hurt him.

"Yes why not" I'll take that as a concession that the virus isn't shown to resist magic of any kind, which makes me believe that I can treat Alex the same way an enemy in Elder Scrolls can be treated. So, this means that the following could hurt him: Paralyze, calm, soul tear (kills immediately, takes the soul, ressurects as minion), bend will (bends his will to the Dragonborn, making him a live minion. This works on the most powerful enemies in the game, including Dragons and Giants), various forms of Destruction magic, the Imperial or Nord race abilities (Calm and Fear spells that always work) along with others I can't remember at this moment.

@chibio said:

Alex Mercer wins. His opponents don't have the strenght / speed / durability to compete with him.

Don't need it.

@chibio said:

For the sake of the fight: Let's say that Alex Mercer would survive the first minute of the fight, if he would decide to run in. He certainly has the agility and abilities to dodge and absorb a lot of damage. He would then hide and try to separate them to take them out one by one. After killing the first one, which shouldn't be all too hard, especially because he could stand everywhere, because of his ability to wall-run and glide. From such a safe position he can easily attack one of his opponents with underground claws and then consume him. What holds him back from going to the second opponent and just kill him casually, when he is not holding back?

As soon as the fight starts the Dragonborn slows time down to near enough a complete halt, walks over to Mercer, paralyzes him, calms him, and then will repeat the process until he figures out a way to kill him indefinitely. He can keep topping up his paralysis spell so Mercer can never get up, and as his shouts regenerate and his magic comes back he can keep experimenting ways to kill him. These include Soul Tear (instant kill that takes the soul and ressurects the body as a minion)...

@chibio said:

But Mercers only real weakness seems to be electricity. In the first game he even got KOed, when someone used a taser on him, so Cole might be a problem, but then again Cole is not a Supreme Hunter and therefore he doesn't have the durability to survive Mercers attacks.

... and Lightning magic. While paralyzed the Dovahkiin summons two Storm atronachs who blast him. He then uses his master level lightning spell in conjunction with his thralls, and Cole, and Mercer is well and truly dead. Or at least KOed.

See 2:20 for Master level lightning. See 3:10 for Paralysis. See 7:40 for Storm Atronach. He can have two of these.

See 9:30 for Slow Time.

See 1:48. He uses Soul Tear on a giant (one of the most powerful enemies, and normally too powerful to ressurect), instantly kill it and bringing it back as a minion.

#41 Posted by GhostRider2 (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: he can't be calmed, that works by levels, let's not ignore that.Now enough with Alex defenses, what makes you think the dragonborn is going to have a chance to use all of his powers?And they won't start 5 m apart so dragonborn fails to slow time.What defenese do they have against a devastator attack?Also let's not ignore the split possibility.

#42 Posted by i_like_swords (18336 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostrider2: I don't get what you mean by "it works by levels." Please explain? You think Alex is too strong or what?

What defences? Why wouldn't he have a chance to use them, he's slowed time down significantly. He can go further than 5m and all he has to do is slow Alex down enough so he can fire an AoE paralysis spell at him, then he can keep topping that up keeping Alex paralyzed until he can KO him.

Point I'm making is, once the Dovahkiin slows time and paralyzes Alex, he's done for. I talked about lightning magic and Storm atronachs above. I think they'd be sufficient to kill a paralyzed Alex along with Cole. Alex won't have time to get off an attack.

Tell me about the "Split." I'm not too knowledgeable on the character.

#43 Edited by GhostRider2 (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: If they won't stay as a group/team...split.And yes i Alex is too strong and that works by level.So if they split Alex can catch them one by one and consume them.It's enough to consume one to develop new powers.

#44 Posted by i_like_swords (18336 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: If they won't stay as a group/team...split.And yes i Alex is too strong and that works by level.So if they split Alex can catch them one by one and consume them.It's enough to consume one to develop new powers.

Well considering we aren't going by "levels", Alex has no actual defense against magic, and the Dragonborn has used this magic on the strongest opponents he's faced (stronger than Alex) I think it's safe to say they would work on him.

You still haven't really countered slowing down time or the use of magic, as well as the Soul Tear shout which would easily be enough.

#45 Posted by GhostRider2 (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: he is the virus i don't think he has a soul, Alex kinda died that is the virus itself.Magic?That won't kill him.He survived a nuke and reform.Soul Tear?He has no soul, soul tear fails.

#46 Posted by i_like_swords (18336 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, his weakness is electrical attacks. The amount of electrical strain my strategy puts him under would surely KO him.

What actually happened with the Nuke then? Link me? If I was a betting my man I'd bet it at least KOed him.

What do you mean he is the virus? How can he have no soul? You're saying he died, and the virus took over his body?

Still, even if Soul Tear doesn't work, my previous strategy stands.

#47 Posted by GhostRider2 (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

What do you mean he is the virus? How can he have no soul? You're saying he died, and the virus took over his body?

Yes.

#48 Edited by i_like_swords (18336 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by Busytree1 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

While you guys where arguing over who gets the first slice, Alex already took the cake.

#50 Posted by TheSpiderSilva (71 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry for bumping an old thread.

Alex only showed a weakness to electricity pretty early in the game when he was still getting used to his powers. As the game progresses, he becomes exponentially more powerful in every way.

His durability is toned down during gameplay anyway. During gameplay he can be killed if he gets hit with enough tank missiles, but during cutscenes he survived a nuke 5x the size of the Hiroshima bomb and fully reformed in seconds after consuming a crow. This also shows that the amount of health he gains from consuming something is toned down during gameplay as well. During gameplay consuming a person won't give him full health, but during cutscenes he can completely regenerate after consuming a crow.

He also shows an ability to become immune to things that hurt him. The military created something called "Blood tox" specifically designed to hurt the infected, and he eventually became immune to it.

He was also never knocked out by electricity, at most it was a minor inconvenience for him (and it only hurt him in the first place for gameplay reasons) and he was seconds away from killing the guy who was using it against him before he was bombarded with a series of frightening memories that weakened him for some reason (PIS in my opinion), just long enough for the guy to inject him with a weaponized cancer that was supposed to kill him.

One thing being overlooked here is intelligence. When Alex consumes someone or something, he gains EVERYTHING about them, including their intelligence, knowledge, skills, abilities, appearance, etc. The story will have you consume multiple military personnel of varying ranks, as well as scientists. Alex should have a very large advantage in overall cognitive reasoning, and he's also very well-versed in advanced military tactics and strategies.

He also has area affecting devastator attacks that would easily kill everyone on the team opposing him, and he's just generally too fast, maneuverable, strong, powerful, and durable for them.

I doubt Corvo could possess something as powerful as him, he had to work his way up just to possess a person (for a limited time iirc), and Alex isn't even technically alive anyway. The most Corvo could do is stop time, and even then he has no way to hurt Alex.

Dragonborn's shouts won't hurt him at all, unless his shouts are suddenly more powerful than anti-tank warfare and nuclear bombs. Soul tear won't work on the undead, which is pretty much what Alex is.

The thing is that any of them would instantly be killed by whatever Alex used against them (his least powerful punches will instantly kill a person, and his most powerful punches will make them explode) and none of them can hurt Alex.