alex mercer or spiderman (speed/agility/reflexes)

• 64 results
jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@monsterstomp: As i said, nothing spiderman can't do better, lol, apart from making shockwaves from falling which is pretty epic still

Pope052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Pope052

@monsterstomp:

Glitch or no glitch, it was an example. If thousands of soldiers kept attacking Connor and gameplay allows you to fight them endlessly, your logic suggests that its a useable feat. It isn't, because we don't write the story. It is possible to argue without gameplay, I've done it tons of times. We don't argue with non-canon feats on this forum. I don't naturally assume Connor has 1200lb strength just because gameplay allows it. That's flawed logic. My playing the game my way has nothing to do with what the character canonically did.

No, you didn't read my post properly but anyway that's not a valid comparison between my logic and that video because glitches are a result of broken or faulty game mechanics. I base the feats from game-mechanics on what the game clearly allows you to be capable of, unless it obviously contradicts the character such as your instance. Only several games limit you to stamina, so the majority that allow you to proceed to do accomplish any feat a limitless amount of times is because the game doesn't want you to become disinterested but the feats that you can achieve are what the character is capable of based on what the developers intended.

You can't use a feat that you just made up because gameplay allowed it. Its possible for a character to do so, but without other indication that he actually achieved such feat, he simply didn't achieve it. We know Mercer used the devastator AoA because you can't proceed the game without displaying that skill. We don't know if Mercer ran up a 20 story building with a military truck, despite game mechanics allowing you to do so. You can't just invent a feat. I can argue without game mechanics any day.

I perfectly understand what you're saying but you seem to be missing the primary points i'm making. Like I said, if that's your way of doing things if you wish to not include what's achievable through game-mechanics but implying that everybody who doesn't debate your way and only your way as flawed, is not up to you to decide.

We can use feats within game-mechanics that are based off the developers intent, because they made us be able to do that over and over again for primarily our enjoyment but also because the character him/herself can do it (just not a limitless amount). If we're speaking canonically, Mercer flung a 30+ Ton tank with a single hand so couple that with his ability to wall-run (parkour in the game is canon) with a vehicle of lesser weight and how exactly is that a feat we can't use? It's simply because the game-mechanics are based off of feats the character can (and sometimes have) achieved canonically, with the only contradiction being the replay value of the said feat(s) but other than that what you can do, is what he/she can do.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pope052: I withdraw my argument considering the OP allows game mechanics as canon feats.

I understand what you and darkazrael999 are saying too, but we only use feats a character has canonically achieved and gameplay mechanics aren't considered canon. If you could actually give an example, would be helpful. I know Alex can canonically use his devastator attacks because you can't proceed the game without achieving the feat. I don't know for certain that Alex can run up the side of a building with a military vehicle, because he hasn't done it. We don't write Mercer's feats, game mechanics contradicts that, which means we don't use game mechanics.

Pope052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp:

That's fair enough, but give you an example of what? Well, as I said parkour is canon as it indicates near the beginning "hold down said button (depending on the console) to wall-run" and he's canonically flung tanks with no effort so if you couple those two the ability to run up walls with a a vehicle is not exactly far-fetched.

Linark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speed: mercer. Those sprints.

Agility: Spiderman, hands down. Mercer was more of a brute who could ignore most attacks.

Reflexes: Spiderman, again, hands down.

In a 1vs1 fight? Mercer. Too powerfull.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By MonsterStomp

@pope052: Its not far fetched to say Mercer could do it, but it is far fetched to say he actually did it. There's a difference when saying what Mercer is capable of and what he actually did.

Pope052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Pope052

@monsterstomp:

Alright, but is that the type of example you were asking for anyway?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MisterGuyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the issue is a disagreement in semantics. Pope052 thinks gameplay feats are valid but I believe he only means the absolute minimum and nothing more. Monsterstomp is arguing more against the potential cap for gameplay feats. Connor, according to gameplay, should be able to kill any random bear or soldier walking around. You can't, however, just assume he can kill an army of bears and soldiers even if some one did it in gameplay.

I'd also like to point out the possibility that technically Spider-Sense might not fall under the category of reflexes. Even if Spidey has better dodging feats he has them with an unfair advantage of limited precog muddying the comparison further.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By jay_z94

Bump

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter would totally lose in a fight. But combat speed he easily has Alex beat. Let me know when he can do this.

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Spider Man

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points