• 156 results
Geth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Geth

The World-Eater vs the Whiny Super-Brat. The Literal Devourer of Time vs The Kid Who Got Pissed and Punched a Hole in the Fourth Wall.

Alduin is full of souls and ready to rumble, meanwhile, Superboy gets lost in Sovengarde while he's busy smashing through the multiverse. The whiny brat pisses off the self-proclaimed Firstborn of Akatosh, and shit hits the fan. But who's shit? That's what we're here to debate!

And PLEASE, for the love of Mighty Talos, read up on your Elder Scrolls lore before you come in here and say Super-Brat stomps. Alduin's job is eating the damn universe. Run that through your skull for a second. Yeah. Suck on that, Galactus.

Anyway, who wins. Alduin vs Superboy Prime.

EDIT: By popular demand, and also because Alduin does indeed lift when he's in Sovengarde we get a round two! Not one, but TWO rounds for the price of TWO! Deal with it.

So this time around, let's put 'em in Super Home-Boy's turf. Good ol' Earth-whatever Metropolis, complete with helpless civilians to slaughter. Also, the Daily Planet has been replaced with the Throat of the World, because that's how things are happening in this battle. Don't mind the gigantic-ass mountain in the middle of the city. Yes, I know there's weird cosplayers screaming up there. File a complaint with the police, sheesh.

So, just to recap, round two is in Metropolis. No more Sovengarde for Alduin.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SBP stomps.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ajax24601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geth: Aldudin

(Glad you're not biased)

Saltie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alduin stomps

Geth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ajax24601: Lmao Alduin is as much of a whiny brat as Superboy Prime.

Hell, ever realized how many times he starts talking about how badass his daddy is? Akatosh this, Akatosh that, waaaah, I have to end the Kalpa so a new one can begin.

It's just more fun to make fun of Superboy, because he kept the damn name SuperBOY XD

Geth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Razul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Razul

The setting definitly favours Alduin, doesn't he get stronger the longer he is in Sovngarde?

Geth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@razul:

Precisely. I gave him that, because Elder Scrolls deity's power levels tend to fluctuate. Alduin's job is devouring the universe, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's geared up for a soul feast of massive proportions at all times.

Saltie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Saltie

@geth: he can stop any time and eat the souls of heroes of sovengarde as a snack and get back to the main course. Plus the heroes might even help alduin because other then the accepted are allowed in to sovengarde and alduin is a dragon with shouts that call other dragons and drop meteors,freeze people and burn people to a crisp the odds r in alduins favor and sbp could only give damage back to alduin if he could shout dragonrend which he can not.

Sbp gets wrecked

Geth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saltie: Well, I mean, Dragonrend is to make Aldy vulnerable. Supes Jr. can fly and do massive damage on his own.

I don't think Dragonrend is gonna be necessary here. And what with the Dead dudes being in Sovengarde, to avoid interference, let's just say they're chillin' in Aldy's belly.

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right... Well Superboy Prime is not a completely immortal being. The only way Superboy Prime could kill him is with Dragonrend. He doesn't have anything in his arsenal that will allow him to substitute for the lack of that shout. So if it is a fight to the death Alduin will win eventually thanks to the fact that he has not been crippled here and has access to some some pretty ridiculous shouts that are not only magic. But completely bypass durability.

Alduin and Superboy Prime are two completely different beings. This thread does not make much sense.

dawnone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Prime stomps mismatch I could kill aldrin with a freaking shotgun.

Insertnewname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sbp throws him into the sun

Mismatch. Alduin is weak

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mee09

@iamnot:

1. The Sun will not harm Alduin and it definitely cannot kill him.

2. There is no sun in Soverngarde.

3. You obviously do not know very much about Alduin if you think he is weak.

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mee09

@dawnone: Lol you had better be being sarcastic.

XioKenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The into was 10/10 but isn't Alduin basically omnipotent in sovengard?

Saltie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the back up mee09

LpnQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alduinds role is eating the universe?

superboy prime can do that on a bad day.

Geth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Geth

@lpnq: So can Alduin, when he's not dicking around trying to rule the universe instead of snarfing it down like he's supposed to.

AlphaAboveAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Geth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OOH HAAAY

Check the OP peoples of the battles forum. I added a round two, for all you Superboy lovers.

tl;dr = less souls, more skyscrapers.

Geth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphaaboveall:

Gimme a reason or I'll feed your post to whichever "God" in this battle whines more.

Avatar image for bossdarksied355
Bossdarksied355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Insertnewname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mee09: okay 2 got me but it was to show the difference in strength.. hehe

And yea alduin IS trash I don't give a damn about lore if it would be right alduin wouldn't have lost to a brat like dragonborn. And he wouldn't be weaker than an ice giant. And so on

Legends=/= reality.

Sbp still stomps..

Geth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamnot: lmao don't give a damn about lore

You probably shouldn't be here then

Only reason he lost to the Dragonborn is because it's prophecy. Like I said, Elder Scrolls gods' power levels tend to fluctuate.

And no Ice Giant is taking down Alduin, lol. You played Oblvion, right? Remember the main bad guy, Mehrunes Dagon? One of the most powerful Daedra in existence? Yeah, Alduin created that dude because he was bored.

Insertnewname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Insertnewname

@geth: well what is a prophecy then? If it's his fate to die the existence of alduin IS pointless anyways. If he can loose to dragon born he WILL loose to superboy.

What has alduin actually shown that makes you think he can even scratch him?? Yea he summons meteors cool. Superboy prime would kick them so hard in alduins stomach that he would fly past the origin of the meteors summoned to harm sb at the first place..

An ice giant will wreck alduin all the times. The named one for sure.

Lore= legends. Do you believe all legends you heard? What's alduins best feat? I've heard he created Dagon or actually made actions that lead to him being created but besides that he is a silly dragon.

(Btw any legendary dragon can wreck him. How many are there??

.. infinite )

I am considering what is in the game as lore is not a reliable source like stated facts

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alduin eats SBP Soul.

CoinBiter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superboy Prime.

Alduin may be called "The World Eater", but there's no particular reason to think that's meant literally. It may just mean he's capable of inaugarating the world's destruction by bringing the death of every sentient being by boringly flying above them and raining an endless hail of meteors upon them. That would be fairly consistent with his staggeringly tedious MO.

Parthunaax is able to hold him off for at least a while... there's little to indicate he's anywhere near SBP's power level, apart from certain vague titles.

Holocron24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Geth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coinbiter: Y'know except the lore. Alduin's role on Nirn is to devour/destroy/get rid of some way or another anything and everything. He literally destroys time. When he gets done with whale does, a new universe begins. A new time. Aedra and Daedra survive, but are often times changed greatly. And I hope the meteor part was a joke, because debating video game characters using solely game mechanics sure is. Alduin chooses to take the form of a dragon due to its symbolism with destruction. And BTW, the only way Parthurnaxx was able to not get his shit stomped by Alduin then and there was because, well, first of all, he's an ancient, badass dragon that makes all the other survivors of the dragon war shit their pants, and taught the Nords how to scream hard enough dragons died, but also because Alduin is weakened greatly on the Time Wound, where Parthurnaxx spends all his time hanging out.

@iamnot: Dude. Lmao get out of here. Do you even know what you're talking about?

Lore isn't reliable? Lol. Ok. Then what is? Gameplay mechanics? Bro, you can't be serious right now. Alduin's sole purpose is do destroy the universe. You think some 20 foot ice gorilla can take him down? The prophecy is that the DRAGONBORN will defeat Alduin. His power is bound by his role as a deity, and his role is to be defeated by the Dragonborn. No such project states that he has to get his ass whooped by Superboy for the universe to continue. Dragonborn's win was VERY HIGHLY contextual.

Go read some lore and come back when you know what you're talking about. Please.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alduin.

CoinBiter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CoinBiter

@geth: Alduin has difficulty subduing three Nord heroes - two warriors and a wizard - giving them sufficient time to throw him out of time. Superboy Prime would have killed them all in milliseconds.

You can't blame this on game mechanics, I'm afraid. This is something that actually happened, because the Dragonborn witnessed it happen. It's something that is absolutely reliable, unlike the vague and grandiose statements of in-game books, which are frequently rife with biases, ignorance and errors of interpretation. To give a comparsion, Odin is often referred to as "omnipotent" in Lee/Kirby Thor. That doesn't make it so.

Avatar image for traskindustries
traskindustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By traskindustries

Prophecy this, lore that. Titles too. Doesnt sound like feats to me, just hyperbole, legends, and whatnot. The Devourer of Worlds, does he even have a continent-level feat?

SBP murderstomps.

Geth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coinbiter: They had an Elder Scroll. Funny thing about Elder Scrolls, they happen to be some of the most powerful objects ever. Completely indestructible and capable of, as demonstrated, sending gods through time. Not to mention these Nords knew Dragonrend.

Again. Contextual. That's like saying Aunt May beats Batman because one time she suddenly became invulnerable and stuffed Kryptonite down Superman's throat.

That and, like I've said, Elder Scrolls gods' power

Levels are dependent on their current role. This is Alduin in "world-eating" mode, not Alduin in "fuck around and try to rule the world and whoops, dragon war" mode.

CoinBiter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By CoinBiter
Geth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@traskindustries: Lol, well, his entire job being destroying this universe so that the next one may begin, he's destroyed countless universes, considering it's a cycle, and something has to repeat to be a cycle, and his whole dealio being timelines, he's already kinda royally stomped every Elder Scrolls that has been or will be.

So there's that.

And, uh, just an FYI, lore is literally the only debatable aspect of Elder Scrolls. Debating Alduin based on gameplay mechanics is like saying Punisher can kill Master Chief in two punches because you melee'd Elites to death in Halo 3 ODST, and Punisher is practically just an ODST sans-helmet, right? No. No, no. Lore is all we have.

Geth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coinbiter: Lmao smartass

Alduin's role is destroying the current universe so that the next one can begin. The timeline, too. This is something he has done before and will continue to infinitely. This makes him an omniversal being.

But, if you want to deal in what he's accomplished in this Kalpa alone (the one in which the mainstream Elder Scrolls Universe resides), we can do that right now.

Let's see, just right off the top of my head, he created the powerful Deadric Prince of Destruction, Mehrunes Dagon, on a whim. This creation would go on to cause the Oblivion Crisis, during which portals to Oblivion opened up all over the damn place and proceeded to pour out Daedra who rekt everybody. It took a player character to end that shit. And we all know how PISsy player characters can get. *cough* PROPHECY *cough* >_>

Let's see, just in Skyrim we see how he shrugged off getting ripped around time (probably because he pretty much made time his bitch), and starts eating the souls of Skyrim's greatest heroes (they have a thing for screaming at dragons, eapecially in such a way that they become weak as shit. See Dragonrend) like god damn popcorn, while also raising legit fecking dragons (worshipped as gods by ancient Nords, functionally immortal unless faced with extremely powerful magic such as elder scrolls or powerful enough dragon shouts). No biggie there. And he does this because he fecking can, that's why. Requires no effort on his part.

Lore-wise, dragons are damn terrifying. There's a reason they were worshipped as gods before they killed each other off. Some of the most powerful figures in Elder Scrolls lore are such because they learned how to talk like dragons. And also scream like them. In lore, a single word of the dragon tongue is enough to level entire cities. Helgen was as simple as Alduin telling you to "Fuck Off."

So not only did this dude raise an army of winged Demi-gods for shits and giggles, he also created the lord of destruction who damn-near broke the world himself because he got bored. And those are both things seen in-game by your precious little lore-hating eyes.

Deal. With. It.

CoinBiter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geth:

"Debating lore" doesn't mean you accept every hyperbolic statement or in-game book as being true. If that were the case, then according to Mankar Camaron Nirn is just another Plane of Oblivion. The point of the Monomyth, for example, is that the Elves and Men perceive reality differently. The books and NPCs can't even agree on recent history - the history of Markarth, for example - let alone mythic history.

You compare the statements made in lore with what happens during the course of the games. We see in Morrowind that Azura is an effective long-term master planner and ultimately will wreak her revenge on those who disrespect her. We see in Oblivion that Mehrunes Dagon can create pocket dimensions and that his physical presence in Nirn needs to be thwarted by an avatar of Akatosh. We see in Shivering Isles that yes, the Daedric Princes are pretty damn powerful within their realms.

In contrast, we see in Skyrim that Alduin has fairly weak bite attacks (as shown by his fight against the three Nord warriors), the admittedly impressive ability to create a meteor shower, and almost nothing to justify his hyperbolic title of "World Eater".

Regardless of what Alduin is mythically theoretically capable of doing, there is nothing to show that he can do what is claimed. Actual feats beat implied or third-party-stated by mead-addled Nord scholar feats.

Therefore, Superboy Prime stomps.

Avatar image for traskindustries
traskindustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alduin, omniversal. Hahaha. Make a Alduin vs any multiversal character thread and it will get locked.

SladeWilstomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I killed alduin with a sword. Superboy rips him in half like a phone book.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feats for Alduin that make this a remotely fair fight? I'm not doubting him, i've just never seen him or heard about anything he can do that makes me think he can beat SBP.

Geth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coinbiter: Dude. I just gave you in-game feats.

@traskindustries: Sad, isn't it? Some people just have better things to do than ponder Alduin's status as the ender of universes and realize his omniversal status.

@sladewilstomp: Can't tell if trolling, or just stupid.

@silverrings: Read some of the thread. I've spent the whole thing defending the fucking devoured of time to people who played Skyrim on Easy difficulty and live by game mechanics.

Insertnewname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Insertnewname

@geth: @coinbiter:

Thx coin

@geth: Destroying the universe my *ss. As I said what's his best feat??

Btw dude you overhype the meaning of a prophecy. It's not like things have to

happen according to it, more like it does predict what will happen. Dragon born won because of dragonrend and his ssword/magic/whatever , not because he could defeat universe level beast. That's just rediculous to think.

And yes I know a lot about tes. But you just can't compare lore to real world. You know what some sources of lore are? Books in the game. You know what people in middle age/ aka skyrim time period write down in books? Yes, legends...

Geth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamnot:

Prophecy in ES = will happen. Dragonrend > Alduin because it was custom-made to fuck him up.

But Alduin ain't dead, because he has to be alive, because the prophecy must be fulfilled.

Geth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renchamp: lol okay

Won't happen again. Me, I mean. Can't speak for him, of coarse.

Not that I'm saying he'll do it again.

Just saying I can't speak for him.

Yeah.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By zaied  Online

Prime, easily. Alduin's only legit showings are destroying Helgen and losing to the Dragonborn twice. Anything else is really just conjecture.