Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By theweltman
Alduin The World Eater
Alduin The World Eater

VS.

Darth Vader The Sith Lord
Darth Vader The Sith Lord

The battle takes place atop of a mountain, and Vader cannot use his force powers directly on Alduin (ex, no crushing his windpipe or throwing him around...Vader can still hurl objects at his opponent and the like.) Alduin cannot call upon the aid of other dragons in this fight either, nor can he flee to Sovangarde. Fight is to the death.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Floopay

Alduin is all but invincible, he would destroy Vader...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader Alduin is rather weak in the game. Lore wise though he is immensely powerful. I can see Vader picking up huge chunks of rocks and knocking Alduin out of the sky then decapitating him

theweltman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By theweltman

@Floopay said:

Alduin is all but invincible, he would destroy Vader...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Idk, I think that if he was able to be defeated with swords,bows, Magic and the like, a lightsaber combined with an immense amount of indirectly used force power should be able to do considerable damage to him.

@VercingetorixTheGreat said:

Vader Alduin is rather weak in the game. Lore wise though he is immensely powerful. I can see Vader picking up huge chunks of rocks and knocking Alduin out of the sky then decapitating him

I could see this as viable outcome, though I don't think that It would be quite that simple. Remember Alduin can summon meteor showers and breath fire, so Vader will likely have to focus on defending himself against Alduin's attacks whilst he is trying to kill him.

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theweltman: I was thinking of Alduins attacks and the meteor shower might do more harm to Alduin then to Vader.

I can see Vader easily redirecting it.

I am curious does Alduin know Slow Time?

theweltman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By theweltman

@VercingetorixTheGreat said:

@theweltman: I was thinking of Alduins attacks and the meteor shower might do more harm to Alduin then to Vader.

I can see Vader easily redirecting it.

I am curious does Alduin know Slow Time?

Perhaps though I would imagine it would take quite a bit of concentration... And I am unsure actually he never uses it but the dragons obviously know the full Dovah language so it is possible he knows all the shouts. If he did know the slow time shout I could see things tilting drastically in his favor.

Sethlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sethlol

Depends really..

Alduin in game vs lore Vader loses.

Alduin in lore vs lore Vader stomps ridic.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Floopay

Alduin was only defeated via Dragonrend...without it, he's just too much. He can feast on the lives of the dead, so doing anything force related to him could serve to empower him over actually harm him. I don't even think a lighstaber would harm him unless Dragon Rend were used.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By FourthDeity

Alduin.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

Since Vader cannot directly harm Alduin with the force, the first born of Akatosh wins.

MorganFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MorganFreeman

@Floopay said:

Alduin was only defeated via Dragonrend...without it, he's just too much.

Bingo. Alduin is essentially unstoppable unless someone uses Dragonrend on him. Unless the OP gives Vader the knowledge and ability to use Dragonrend, Vader's getting slaughtered.

But even that might not be enough. Post-fight, Alduin's soul was not absorbed by the Dragonborn as with every other Dragon's death. So it is quite possible that Alduin is really immortal. Able to be beaten but not able to be killed, making the "to the death" stipulation impossible for Vader to achieve.

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Frocharocha

@MorganFreeman said:

@Floopay said:

Alduin was only defeated via Dragonrend...without it, he's just too much.

Bingo. Alduin is essentially unstoppable unless someone uses Dragonrend on him. Unless the OP gives Vader the knowledge and ability to use Dragonrend, Vader's getting slaughtered.

But even that might not be enough. Post-fight, Alduin's soul was not absorbed by the Dragonborn as with every other Dragon's death. So it is quite possible that Alduin is really immortal. Able to be beaten but not able to be killed, making the "to the death" stipulation impossible for Vader to achieve.

Alduin is the son of Akatosh. Born in a time before the Dragons and Nirn. Like the Nephilims from the bible. So he's teh only immortal Daedra. I wouls say, unless Vader was a Dragonborn, Alduin wouldown him. LORE Alduin is ridiculous OP. He would one shot the Galatic Empire.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ShootingNova

No idea what Alduin has done, but a look at his title is enough to give me the impression Vader has no chance. As well as what people have been saying in this fight.

@Frocharocha said:

He would one shot the Galatic Empire.

Hmmm..... so what exactly has Alduin achieved to make you think this? World-busters alone are not enough, but I'm assuming there's more to Alduin then that.

deadpool6_6_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deadpool6_6_6

@ShootingNova: I agree with everything there.

MorganFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MorganFreeman

@ShootingNova said:

@Frocharocha said:

He would one shot the Galatic Empire.

Hmmm..... so what exactly has Alduin achieved to make you think this? World-busters alone are not enough, but I'm assuming there's more to Alduin then that.

As far as in-game gameplay for Alduin goes, there is absolutely nothing suggesting he could one-shot the Galactic Empire. Alduin's in-game appearances show his attacks are not sufficient to destroy a small town save for one attack which consists of meteors slowly raining on the area around Alduin, but even those are not large and would need a bit of time to lay complete waste to a small village-sized settlement. Alduin COULD destroy Star Destroyers and the like; it would just take a lot of time to do. It's not like one fiery breath from Alduin would melt a Star Destroyer. Far from it. How he destroys worlds is not clear but it is assumed he just razes everything on the surface and keeps working until nothing remains.

Alduin's greatest strength comes from his immortality. Prophecies say a Dragonborn can destroy Alduin. But the final fight in Skyrim shows that perhaps not even a Dragonborn can do the job. Elder Scrolls prophecies are subject to change and are not set in concrete, after all.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ShootingNova

@MorganFreeman: Alright.

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Frocharocha

@ShootingNova said:

@MorganFreeman: Alright.

-Defeated Mehrunes Dagon and punished him god knows how.

-Destroyed (eated) Mundus two times. In this case, Mundus is the entire realm of the mortals in The Elder Scrolls.

-The Deadra fears him. A lot.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ShootingNova

@Frocharocha: Might I ask who are the Mehrunes Dragon and the Deadra?

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Frocharocha

@ShootingNova said:

@Frocharocha: Might I ask who are the Mehrunes Dragon and the Deadra?

Deadra are a pantheon of gods opposite to the Aedra. They are considered to be extremely evil and the main reasons of what happens in the mrotals days. Such as the wife cheatting on you. They are extremely powerfull, are immrotal and have their own realms.

It's believed that Mehrunes Dagon created the Morthal realm as one of hsi own. But another god tooked it fro mhim. So he tried to take back again many times. He showed some impressive feats. Like the destruction of many cities in seconds while possesing a body of a mortal girl while watching from his own realm.

Mehrunes Dagon is a god/Daedra in The Elder Scrolls Universe. Basically the god of disasters. And considered to be one of the most powerfull ones. Responsible for the extinction of many races and many destroyed citys and islands.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By Vrakmul

Both of these people are all talk and no game. Anakin was propped up to be the most powerful force user ever, yet his son and Sith Mentor showed much better and much more consistent feats than Anakin ever did despite being stated as being weaker from a midichlorian count perspective.

Alduin's in game feats are not consistent with his lore feats as devouring worlds, turning Mehrunes Dagon into the monster he is now, and pretty much being second banana only to Akatosh himself, whom a mere avatar of was able to defeat Mehrunes Dagon in his full glory.

I say they both lose when they meet one another after hearing all the trumpeting about them both, as the sheer underwhelmingness will lead them both to just walk away, shaking their heads in disappointment.

End of rant

It is worth noting though, that the Dragonborn, created by Akatosh himself to be a natural predator and the bane of dragons, had to use a specific reality altering shout to make Alduin harmable by mortal weaponry in the first place. And even then he/she had to beat him multiple times and could only destroy his physical body in one of the many afterlives of the elder scrolls universe,Sovngarde in particular. As Vader doesn't know the Thu'um, he cannot use Dragonrend, thus Alduin will be completely unharmable to Vader.

As Vader is unable to hurt Alduin at all, the firstborn of Akatosh will quite simply eat him.

Also, the Avatar of Akatosh (big flaming dragon god of time) vs Mehrunes Dagon.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ShootingNova

@Frocharocha said:

Deadra are a pantheon of gods opposite to the Aedra. They are considered to be extremely evil and the main reasons of what happens in the mrotals days. Such as the wife cheatting on you. They are extremely powerfull, are immrotal and have their own realms.

It's believed that Mehrunes Dagon created the Morthal realm as one of hsi own. But another god tooked it fro mhim. So he tried to take back again many times. He showed some impressive feats. Like the destruction of many cities in seconds while possesing a body of a mortal girl while watching from his own realm.

Mehrunes Dagon is a god/Daedra in The Elder Scrolls Universe. Basically the god of disasters. And considered to be one of the most powerfull ones. Responsible for the extinction of many races and many destroyed citys and islands.

I appreciate this, but "extremely powerful" is a meaningless term. What feats do they have? Or at least, what power level are they meant to be at?

So the Mehrunes Dragon is a Deadra? And most other Deadra gods are as powerful as the Mehrunes?

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Floopay

@ShootingNova said:

@Frocharocha said:

I appreciate this, but "extremely powerful" is a meaningless term. What feats do they have? Or at least, what power level are they meant to be at?

So the Mehrunes Dragon is a Deadra? And most other Deadra gods are as powerful as the Mehrunes?

Sheogorath can literally make it rain flaming cats and dogs around a town just for fun.

As for Alduin himself, when he first appeared he was capable of destroying an entire city with his shout, causing it to rain meteors from the sky and shattered stone, steel, and flesh alike. He can consume the life force of the dead, and is completely immune to harm from mortal weapons and attacks. This is saying a lot considering this is a world that has powerful magic. Dragonrend was the only way to defeat him and that was an attack that tore at his very soul and essence and forced his mind to feel the effects of mortality.

He was capable of raising armies of dragons, and it was said he was to bring about the destruction of the world. Even the Daedric Princes feared him, and their reality warping abilities allow them to create entire pocket dimensions for fun, play with the laws of time and space, alter the minds of mortals with a wave of their hand, and so much more.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Frocharocha

@Floopay said:

@ShootingNova said:

@Frocharocha said:

Sheogorath can literally make it rain flaming cats and dogs around a town just for fun.

As for Alduin himself, when he first appeared he was capable of destroying an entire city with his shout, causing it to rain meteors from the sky and shattered stone, steel, and flesh alike. He can consume the life force of the dead, and is completely immune to harm from mortal weapons and attacks. This is saying a lot considering this is a world that has powerful magic. Dragonrend was the only way to defeat him and that was an attack that tore at his very soul and essence and forced his mind to feel the effects of mortality.

He was capable of raising armies of dragons, and it was said he was to bring about the destruction of the world. Even the Daedric Princes feared him, and their reality warping abilities allow them to create entire pocket dimensions for fun, play with the laws of time and space, alter the minds of mortals with a wave of their hand, and so much more.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

This. Clavicus Vile, the Deadric Prince of Power also made the vampires to be immune (partially) to the sun after an arragement. Otherwise they would melt. He usually fuck up entire races just for fun.

Molag Bal also likes to screw around and rape people just for fun. By raping a mortal, he created the vampires.

Outside that. They like to screw over because of boredoom. Examples from Floopay ^^

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ShootingNova

@Floopay: @Frocharocha: Alright.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By tg1982

It should also be mentioned that only a Dovahkiin (Dragonborn) can permanently kill Alduin, by "devouring" (absorbing) his soul. Even when dragonrend was used on Alduin centuries ago. The best the heroes of that time could do was to use an Elder Scroll to send Alduin through time to the current time which was Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, where the Dovahkiin, you, could deaft Alduin by devouring his soul. So unless Vader is also a Dovahkiin, he can't defeat Alduin.

I blocked this part out because it has some spoilers of the game. I thought better safe than sorry.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Vrakmul

@tg1982 said:

It should also be mentioned that only a Dovahkiin (Dragonborn) can permanently kill Alduin, by "devouring" (absorbing) his soul. Even when dragonrend was used on Alduin centuries ago. The best the heroes of that time could do was to use an Elder Scroll to send Alduin through time to the current time which was Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, where the Dovahkiin, you, could deaft Alduin by devouring his soul. So unless Vader is also a Dovahkiin, he can't defeat Alduin.

I blocked this part out because it has some spoilers of the game. I thought better safe than sorry.

Alduin is the only dragon you don't absorb the soul of. When you beat him, his spirit shoots straight out of Nirn rather than towards you. Either he cannot be absorbed by another dragon or dragonborn, or Akatosh himself is snatching him away to be punished. I personally believe that it's a mixture of both. As Alduin is...freakishly complicated in his nature, and is a necessary portion of the universe, he should not be able to be slain by anything less than Akatosh coming down and smiting his soul into nonexistence. And because he had strayed from the path laid out to him by his father/that which he is an aspect of (he both is and isn't Akatosh, it's complicated), he was likely going to receive a very stern talking to from flaming time dragon jesus.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By tg1982

@Vrakmul: You know, come to think of it, you're right. I never noticed it until now, you don't absorb his soul.

But still, I think my point is valid only a Dragonborn would have the power to kill him for what ever reason. The 3 heroes (I forget their names) couldn't even after using dragonrend, I think it still has something to do with only a Dovahkiin being able to kill Alduin.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Vrakmul

@tg1982 said:

@Vrakmul: You know, come to think of it, you're right. I never noticed it until now, you don't absorb his soul.

But still, I think my point is valid only a Dragonborn would have the power to kill him for what ever reason. The 3 heroes (I forget their names) couldn't even after using dragonrend, I think it still has something to do with only a Dovahkiin being able to kill Alduin.

On the first page, you'll see that I agree with you. Alduin is simply unharmable by Vader as he neither has the soul of a dragon, nor does he have dragonrend. So Alduin can probably just push past Anakin's force powers and then snatch him up in his jaws and eat him, then devour his soul as he devours his body.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By tg1982

@Vrakmul: Yeah. At best Vader would only be able to give Alduin the runs. LOL.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Vrakmul

@tg1982 said:

Too much Vitamin Emo in this meat.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Shawnbaby

@tg1982 said:

I think it's more that Alduin could only be actually killed in Sovngarde

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Vrakmul

@Shawnbaby :

Well, forced from the mortal plane is the more accurate term, but Dragonrend is needed to make him harmable in the game. Otherwise you can plink him with Daedric arrows of Flaming murderdeath all day long and it will accomplish jack and squat.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By tg1982

@Vrakmul said:

@tg1982 said:

Too much Vitamin Emo in this meat.

LOL.

@Shawnbaby said:

@tg1982 said:

I think it's more that Alduin could only be actually killed in Sovngarde

Possibly, but even still, I don't think Vader could make it into Sovengarde.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Shawnbaby

@Vrakmul said:

@Shawnbaby :

Well, forced from the mortal plane is the more accurate term, but Dragonrend is needed to make him harmable in the game. Otherwise you can plink him with Daedric arrows of Flaming murderdeath all day long and it will accomplish jack and squat.

Yeah, well...i think that's more due to game Mechanics than anything else but even so, Dragonrend may have been the only thing in the game that could hurt him...but Vader brings in a whole new element of attacks. There's nothing to say that Alduin is Lightsaber Proof.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Vrakmul

@Shawnbaby :

Lightsabers are just contained beams of heat right? Being flame resistant or fire proof would translate into resistance to lightsabers, right?

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Shawnbaby

@Vrakmul said:

@Shawnbaby :

Lightsabers are just contained beams of heat right? Being flame resistant or fire proof would translate into resistance to lightsabers, right?

Lightsabers can cut through almost any material in the Starwars Universe. There's a pretty big difference between a lightsaber and a flaming arrow.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Vrakmul

@Shawnbaby :

Well, it is magic fire, one that seems to be incapable of self propagation for some reason, but hey, a realistic fire engine would kill your Rig's performance every time you chopped off someone's head with your daedric greatsword of flaming hellmurder.

But in the end, a lightsaber still uses heat to cut, right?

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Frocharocha

@Shawnbaby said:

@Vrakmul said:

@Shawnbaby :

Lightsabers can cut through almost any material in the Starwars Universe. There's a pretty big difference between a lightsaber and a flaming arrow.

That's not the problem itself. Alduin is unharmeble, like a Deadric Prince, he is immortal and immortal only. Even with Dragonrend, Darth Vader wouldn't be able to defeat him. Unless he had an Elder Scroll of course.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Shawnbaby

@Vrakmul said:

@Shawnbaby :

Well, it is magic fire, one that seems to be incapable of self propagation for some reason, but hey, a realistic fire engine would kill your Rig's performance every time you chopped off someone's head with your daedric greatsword of flaming hellmurder.

Please stop trying to Low-Ball Light Sabers.

For one thing they certainly put out more heat than anything Alduin ever hit me with....

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Vrakmul

@Shawnbaby said:

@Vrakmul said:

@Shawnbaby :

Please stop trying to Low-Ball Light Sabers.

For one thing they certainly put out more heat than anything Alduin ever hit me with....

I'm not trying to lowball them, I'm trying to see if they're using heat rather than some magnetic doohickey some people say they do. So a fair temperature for a lightsaber would be several tens of thousands of degrees right? Easily hot enough to cut through metals with the ease you see them do without having to wait for them to slowly change state? Hot enough to hurt Alduin that's for sure, but at the same Token, Alduin has a lot of tricks with his Thu'um that Vader isn't used to, while most force tricks Vader has been shown to use aren't really beyond the capability of TES magic or Thu'um. Slow time is the biggest game changer in my eyes, while most of the rest are something Vader has seen before. Marked for death may also be a nasty surprise.

But hey, at least Vader has...

...Knee armor...

Volosous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Volosous

@vercingetorixthegreat said:

you'd be right except for 3 things.

#1 Vader is not a dragonborn. Nor is he a dragon. Vader does not have the ability to kill Alduin. Ever tried force-choking a dragon? He'd get right back up.

#2 Have you forgotten all the help you get when fighting Alduin? He barely attacks you before you start using dragon rend.

#3 Those rocks would go crashing down with one FUS. Vader would be crushed by a FUS RO DAH. Even if he couldn't push them back, he could use slow time to dodge them or become Etherial to be unaffected by them. And even then, Vader doesn't have anywhere close to the affinity with the force that it would take to throw a boulder big and fast enough to one-hit K.O. Alduin, even if he did find one lying around. And besides Alduin may not be able to summon dragons to fight for him, but he could still summon a dragon, kill it, absorb it's soul, and boom! Stronger Alduin.

@vrakmul the lightsaber would still effect him, were Alduin to start to durp out and get close to him. A resistance to fire doesn't mean immunity to incineration.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh.. possibly Alduin. Alduin is pretty powerful in his own right even when we aren't overrating him to f*ck based on nothing. He's like the Revan of The Elder Scrolls.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also people need to hop off this "lore" bullsh*t that doesn't exist. There are no real "lore" feats for Alduin. At all. I challenge anyone to quote some for me.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 rogueshadow  Moderator

I don't know what to do with Star Wars threads anymore, the EU is non-canon and I haven't seen TCW [I highly doubt DV has feats in that anyway], so since DV has only movie feats Alduin stomps.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know what to do with Star Wars threads anymore, the EU is non-canon and I haven't seen TCW [I highly doubt DV has feats in that anyway], so since DV has only movie feats Alduin stomps.

The Legends EU, or as I call it, the Original EU, is it's own universe now. So.. use that version.

Syndicate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader has knee pads. He's got this.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:

The Legends EU, or as I call it, the Original EU, is it's own universe now. So.. use that version.

It's just not the same...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

said:

@rogueshadow said:

..why not?

Syndicate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because we're just pretending. :( Disney sucks.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:

said:

@rogueshadow said:

..why not?

It feels icky.