Aldrich Killian (MCU) vs Captain Cold (CW)

Avatar image for deactivated-5a220d15cc740
deactivated-5a220d15cc740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
  • Random Encounter. No Prep. Both have complete knowledge of each other's abilities.
  • Standard gears for both. Killian is at his peak temperatures.
  • Both in character.
  • Fight to Death.
  • Fight takes place in the same shipyard where Killian fought Stark in IM3.
  • Starts 24 yards apart.
katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By katanalauncher

Killain on top of outclassing cold several tier in power is also a bad matchup for cold.

Killian stomps.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@katanalauncher: If what you're saying is correct, then I'm utterly disappointed in Snart. I thought this would be a good matchup.

UFT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

killian stomps

Chimaera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the starting distance is 50+ feet or far enough away so that Snart can cool him down before he blitzes him then Cap's got a chance. Otherwise Cold gets a 5000 degree karate chop to the skull.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Killian stomps him in less than 10 seconds and this should be locked.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm. Aldrich Killian for now.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When Killian gets within arms reach, and he will, seeing as Cap Cold doesn't have the temperatures to freeze him, he cuts off his head with a white hot karate chop.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killian.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By AllStarSuperman  Online

Cold

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12 Zetsu-San  Online

@the_fallen_lord: If CW actually understood the implications of "Absolute Zero" Cold would be able to one shit Killian.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimaera said:

If the starting distance is 50+ feet or far enough away so that Snart can cool him down before he blitzes him then Cap's got a chance. Otherwise Cold gets a 5000 degree karate chop to the skull.

Edited the starting distance.

Avatar image for thesilentripper
TheSilentRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chimaera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Chimaera

Killian can likely melt the ice faster than the gun can freeze in the time it takes him to sprint 24 yards.

The best real world timing for a 40 yard dash I could find after a quick Google search was 4.28 seconds, so cut the distance in about half to 24yrds and factor in Extremis enhanced physicals and you got him only needing to survive the cold gun for about a second and a half at full sprint.

Then again Smart could freeze the ground taking away Aldrich's traction in that time. At that distance Captain Cold has a chance but Killian still takes the easy majority.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:

If mods think that this isn't fair for Captain Cold then they can lock this, no problem.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spite Killian stomps

Jucaslucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think Killian is hot enough to counter absolute zero.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

This is a question of who can land a direct blow on the other person first. In which case, I think it's Captain Cold

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll back Cold. If he gets in a shot, it's over. And I think he'll get that shot before Killian does.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nfactor1995: Well, his blasts are Absolute Zero, so there is no melting through them. It's the point at which all motion stops, and motion is what generates heat. Even in universe, the only thing capable of stopping Cold's blasts were Heat Wave's blasts, which burn at a point of Absolute Heat. That's way hotter than what Killian can generate. Cold already one-shotted Deathvolt, who has basically the exact powerset of Killian. He'd have no issue with killing Killian. The issue would be wether he can land that shot before Killian closes that gap. I believe he could.

Jucaslucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nfactor1995: Well, his blasts are Absolute Zero, so there is no melting through them. It's the point at which all motion stops, and motion is what generates heat. Even in universe, the only thing capable of stopping Cold's blasts were Heat Wave's blasts, which burn at a point of Absolute Heat. That's way hotter than what Killian can generate. Cold already one-shotted Deathvolt, who has basically the exact powerset of Killian. He'd have no issue with killing Killian. The issue would be wether he can land that shot before Killian closes that gap. I believe he could.

I don't think Heatwave can generate flasmes that hot. Absolute hot is like 142,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Kelvin.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestormfate1919: Flash's suit melted Cold's blast and that was definitely not absolute heat or else it would've killed Flash in the process.

FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nfactor1995: @jucaslucas: I mean, the show says his blasts are at Absolute Heat. Obviously with real world application, Absolute Heat as well as Absolute Zero are impossible, and if materialized would cause catastrophic events. A blast from Heat Wave would do more damage than a Nuclear Warhead. Still, in the show the only thing that was supposed to stop one of their blasts, was the other person's blasts. They just aren't consistent. I love Flash, but this is a show where Barry skips from Mach 2, to Massively Hypersonic, to FTL depending on the episode. I know Barry doesn't get hit with the full force of The Absolute Zero due to his molecules moving at enhanced speeds, but The Suit melting the ice is still Questionable. Still, the biggest parallel here is his skirmish with Deathvolt. Deathvolt has the exact same power set, and is arguably even more powerful due to energy absorption capabilities. He has a constant field of energy/heat surrounding him just like Killian, but one shot from Snart and he goes down instantly. Given this is really the closest simulation to this fight, I think Cold takes it. It's definently close though.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: I agree they dont show it much but in the latest LoT episode he blasted a guy and he fell over dead instantly with frost coming off his body.

Jucaslucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestormfate1919: I don't remember they saying that he uses absolute hot. This kind of temperature is completely insane.

FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jucaslucas: It was in the episode when he was first introduced, and they say it a couple times after that in various other episodes. It was emphasized most though, when Barry has to do that Ghostbusters "cross the streams" thing due to the two absolute's. And yeah, it's completely unrealistic, but it should be enough to grant Snart the ability to down Killian.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-59d29c479f1ca
deactivated-59d29c479f1ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

captain cold easily wins .

USSJ3071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

killian does have ranged attacks. even if he throws his own arm at cold which would be hilarious