Ok I'll bite, who is the first guy

Ebbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Ebbm

Gandalf, no one in the Harry Potter world can beat him. For as awesome as they are they are just human and mortal.
Pulsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Pulsar

Gandalf pimps this B1tch azz n!99@.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By MKF30

Gandalf will win this.

Avatar image for mysteriomaximus
MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By MysterioMaximus

Gandalf! I mean...A. Dumbledore never fought a giant flaming demon. B. Dumbledore can't come back from the dead. C. Gandalf has a sword. D. Gandalf has all the magical abilities of Dumbledore (and then some) but can also (unlike Albus) literally physically fight. E. Gandalf is effectively not just a wizard but really an angel or even perhaps a God. Not my opinion, truth. He's known as a Maiar, non-mortal. F. Rowling totally ripped off Gandalf with Dumbledore in more than a few aspects.  

Need I go on...? It's really not a contest!

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MKF30

Yeah, Gandalf in Hobbit/LOTR saga is considered the most powerful character by Tolkien with the exception of Sauron's spirit...pretty much.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Decoy Elite

Gandalf wins this. He's far more powerful than Dumbledore.

Avatar image for mysteriomaximus
MysterioMaximus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By MysterioMaximus
@MKF30 said:

"Yeah, Gandalf in Hobbit/LOTR saga is considered the most powerful character by Tolkien with the exception of Sauron's spirit...pretty much. "

Well that's not entirely true, depending! Excluding the Silmarillion, Gandalf the Grey is indeed powerful too, but he's outdone by the Wraiths, Saruman, Sauron, possibly Elrond, Galadriel, and Tom Bombadil, and the Balrog, which technically does defeat him, only he too simultaneously defeated it. Then he was reborn into Gandalf the White, significantly more powerful, which is saying something as Gandalf the Grey wasn’t a pushover. As White I’m fairly sure he was only outranked in power by Sauron with the Ring, but that he was equal to the Witchking of Angmar, most powerful and leader of the Nazgul. I know he still feared him, so I'm pretty sure he wasn't above him.

I'm positive that Gandalf the Grey could even fairly easily dispatch Dumbledore.

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MKF30

Oh yeah I agree, but was just saying what Tolkien has said a while ago about Gandalf and just how powerful he really is and is capable of being(which a lot of people underestimate him) :) except the LOTR fans of course. But yeah those other stories are totally separate like you said.

Braise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Braise
@MysterioMaximus said:
"

Gandalf! I mean...A. Dumbledore never fought a giant flaming demon."

Actually..  

Also, Gandalf is not a god, and ripping off Gandalf isn't really a valid reason for your argument. It's implied Gandalf is supremely powerful, but feats-wise, Dumbledore has better showings. Also, would the killing curse work on Gandalf?
marvelman20202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By marvelman20202

Your mother is a *beep beep beep*ing*beep*lorem ipsum*beep beep beep*admiumvenium*beep beep beep beep*turolagulio*beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep* hippopotamus*beep beep beep beep beep beep* Republican *beep beep beep* Daniel Radcliffe *beep beep beep beep* with a bucket of *beep beep beep beep* in a castle far away where no one can hear  you *beep beep beep beep beep beep* soup *beep beep beep* with a bucket of *beep beep* Mickey Mouse *beep beep* with a stick of dynamite *beeeeeepppp* magical *beep beep beep beep* ALAKAZAM!    the elder swear but i still think gandalf will win

Braise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Braise
@marvelman20202:
HEY. How DARE you call my mother a Republican!
marvelman20202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By marvelman20202

after all that thats what ur upset about

Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Fire-brand

gandalf, just because his magic isn't all flashy doesn't change the epicness of his power

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Korg
@Braise said:

"Also, Gandalf is not a god."

That's true, he's a demigod. 

@Braise said:

" It's implied Gandalf is supremely powerful, but feats-wise, Dumbledore has better showings."

No, Dumbledore has never done anything remotely as impressive as fighting a Balrog, let alone for the amount of time Gandalf did, and that was before he was Gandalf the White. Gandalf also has much better feats when it comes to actual fighting (partly because he has more than zero), and carries a magic sword.

@Braise said:

"Also, would the killing curse work on Gandalf? "

No. Even in the movies, Gandalf can shrug off a huge fireball from Saruman like it's nothing. A spell that has been easily dodged by teenagers dozens of times shouldn't pose any problems.
Braise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Braise
@Korg said:

"@Braise said:

" It's implied Gandalf is supremely powerful, but feats-wise, Dumbledore has better showings."

No, Dumbledore has never done anything remotely as impressive as fighting a Balrog, let alone for the amount of time Gandalf did, and that was before he was Gandalf the White. Gandalf also has much better feats when it comes to actual fighting (partly because he has more than zero), and carries a magic sword. "
Gandalf's definitely got the edge in H2H. Also, I'm gonna sound like a douche here, but what's impressive about fighting a Balrog?

@Korg

said:

"

@Braise

said:

"Also, would the killing curse work on Gandalf? "

No. Even in the movies, Gandalf can shrug off a huge fireball from Saruman like it's nothing. A spell that has been easily dodged by teenagers dozens of times shouldn't pose any problems. "
But would Gandalf die if it connected? To my knowledge, it's been dodged very few times. Not to mention Gandalf wouldn't know it's a killing curse until it actually hit him (though that's not to say he wouldn't defend against it).
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Korg
@Braise said:
" Seems to be his claim to fame. I'm gonna sound like a douche here, but what's impressive about fighting a Balrog?"
The Balrogs were also Maiar. A Balrog is basically a huge demon that made up the equivalent of heavy artillery and tank divisions in Morgoth's army. Morgoth was Sauron's teacher, and the most powerful of the Valar. 

@Braise said:
" But would Gandalf die if it connected? "
To my knowledge, there is no HP/LotR crossover. I would say no, considering it failed to kill Harry Potter, and his magical protection was basically nothing compared to Gandalf's. 

@Braise said:
" To my knowledge, it's been dodged very few times."
Your knowledge appears to have some gaps. The spell is dodged numerous times throughout the series, mostly by children. 

@Braise said:
" Not to mention Gandalf wouldn't know it's a killing curse until it actually hit him (though that's not to say he wouldn't defend against it). "
He would know it was a killing curse, because what else is another wizard he is fighting going to throw at him? A tickle hex? Dumbledore would respond to any attack as if it were lethal, because he is a warrior in addition to being a wizard, unlike Dumbledore, who is largely a pacifist, and has never used the killing curse in any case (speaking of feats).
Waffle Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Waffle Fries

Gandalf stomps this.

xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By xan84

You know what i don't understant ? Why the hell in the movies Gandalf always goes fighting with his sword (vs orcs and normal stuff) and does not trow some lighting bolts or other creap ?
WeaponX510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By WeaponX510

Dumbledor has a bitch ass wand, Gandalf has a pimp cane, you do the math.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Korg
@Xan said:

" You know what i don't understant ? Why the hell in the movies Gandalf always goes fighting with his sword (vs orcs and normal stuff) and does not trow some lighting bolts or other creap ? "

It's along the lines of a vulgar display of power. Gandalf was only allowed to act in a limited capacity on Middle-earth, which is why he didn't just obliterate everything in his way. He was a guide, not a tank. He took out the Balrog because it was necessary in the larger scheme of things. 

@WeaponX510 said:
" Dumbledor has a bitch ass wand, Gandalf has a pimp cane, you do the math. "
Forget the pimp cane, he's got Glamdring.
Waffle Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Waffle Fries
@Xan said:
" You know what i don't understant ? Why the hell in the movies Gandalf always goes fighting with his sword (vs orcs and normal stuff) and does not trow some lighting bolts or other creap ? "
He was sent to earth in a human body to help aid mankind against the forces of evil. He was only allowed to help guide people, he was barred by gods higher up the food chain to be able to use his full power to intervene. Mankind/Earth had to fight for their own freedom.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By xan84

Korg, @  Waffle Fries

Now would those restrictions apply to his fight with Dumbledore ?? Because if they are .... Dumbledore   would stomp.

Waffle Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Waffle Fries
@Xan: Well, in context, Gandalf was sent to earth on a mission, which this isn't part of. This is Gandalf going up against a character from another universe. Even though he wasn't supposed to run around destroying everything in sight with his power he still had the ability to use his powers as evident with his fight against the Balrog and Saruman. So I would think he wouldn't hesitate to throw down against another wizard, especially one as powerful as Dumbledore.
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Korg
@Xan said:

"Now would those restrictions apply to his fight with Dumbledore ?? Because if they are .... Dumbledore   would stomp."

No, he could easily beat Dumbledore even with those restrictions. He is protecting himself. This means he can engage Dumbledore with all the ferocity he used against the Balrog, and more, since this is him after he returns as Gandalf the White. Dumbledore is going to get decapitated/run through with Glamdring.
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By xan84

@  Korg

I don't think Gandalf has any chance of winning this with his sword only.

Now about the protecting thing. He was protecting himself even vs those orcs and he was only using his sword (preaty much). 
Also this fight is not bloodlusted so Gandalf is not going to decapitate anyone. He will probably do all he can to take out Dumbledore without killing him. This si what i like about Gandalf he is depicted as a angel. Wise and very good/pure at hearth, his speaches are one of the best things i got to see/hear. 

Waffle Fries

I like your explanation better and i can agree with it.

Braise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Braise
@Korg said:
" The Balrogs were also Maiar. A Balrog is basically a huge demon that made up the equivalent of heavy artillery and tank divisions in Morgoth's army. Morgoth was Sauron's teacher, and the most powerful of the Valar. "
Tolkien actually never specified how big a Balrog was, not that this should take away from it's power. I get that Gandalf and the Balrogs are Maiar, and Maiar are said to be fairly powerful; (they can shapeshift, are formless, were present during the formation of Arda, etc), but they haven't really displayed many feats (not to mention I believe Gandalf is weaker in mortal, old-man-form, then in his true form). No one ever implies Dumbledore can turn invisible, he does it himself. He actively teleports, he can read the minds of others with ease and shield his own, he can cease momentum, he can bind/stun multiple opponents with ease, he can conjure firestorms, etc. The most I've seen of Gandalf is that forcefield he pulled against the Balrog and that flashy thing he does to blind his enemies. So I mean, on paper, Gandalf should win (because he's basically an angel), but Dumbledore demonstrated better feats, especially if we're going with movies alone, imo.

@Korg said:
"To my knowledge, there is no HP/LotR crossover. I would say no, considering it failed to kill Harry Potter, and his magical protection was basically nothing compared to Gandalf's."
 It failed to kill Harry because his mother had sacrificed herself; sacrificial protection is one of the strongest spells on the market, rebounding even the killing curse. Harry didn't do it on his own accord. 

@Korg said:

" Your knowledge appears to have some gaps. The spell is dodged numerous times throughout the series, mostly by children. "

Examples?
xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By xan84

Braise

That is what i was thinking, Gandalf never does naything that impresive in the movies (from casting spells point of view) expecialy in the movies. The only realy cool thing is his fight with the Balrog and that win looked more like a luky shoot. The Witch King was able to brake his staff in the extended edition realy easy. 

Now he should be more powerfull but all his feats are with the restrictions his got, now if we remove those he should beat the shit out of D.

Braise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Braise
@Xan: True. No restrictions = dead Dumbledore.
With restrictions? I think Dumby's got a fair case.
rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By rbysjti

Dumbledore because he is a more powerful wizard

rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By rbysjti

Dumbledore will win. Like i said he is a more powerful wizard. He doesn't need to speak to cast spells and has great knowledge about magic. So what Gandalf will use, surely he can find a way to block it, or make it disappear

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

fix

Waffle Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Waffle Fries
@rbysjti said:
" Dumbledore will win. Like i said he is a more powerful wizard. He doesn't need to speak to cast spells and has great knowledge about magic. So what Gandalf will use, surely he can find a way to block it, or make it disappear "
Gandalf does not need to speak to cast spells either... An Gandolf's power is far greater then Dumbledor's... Gandaolf is only called a wizard by people of middle earth. He's actually a demi god.
SSGL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SSGL1

gandalf the grey could easily dispatch dumbleydore

TheMightyThor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheMightyThor
@MKF30 said:
" Yeah, Gandalf in Hobbit/LOTR saga is considered the most powerful character by Tolkien with the exception of Sauron's spirit...pretty much. "
LOOOOL are you fucking stupid Frodo is far 
 more powerful, he has THE POWER COSMIC!
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Crom-Cruach

Gandalf would win this easy, Dumbledore would not even be a problem for him.
@TheMightyThor:
Conduct yourself in a civil manner.

TheMightyThor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TheMightyThor
@Crom-Cruach said:
" Gandalf would win this easy, Dumbledore would not even be a problem for him.
@TheMightyThor: Conduct yourself in a civil manner. "
LOL WHAT?!  
LOOOL JK I SHALL BE CIVILISED FROM NOW ON, BUT MY CAPS LOCK IS BROKEN, SOOOOOORYYY! 
CIVIL I SHALL BE
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@TheMightyThor:  no problem , but as I have said in the other thread you replied, insulting people and swearing are against forum rules. I'm not telling you this to scold you but only so you don't get the mods on you and they band you hereafter. It's fine to argue that one character or another would win, but you have to be careful or you can get into trouble. It's just a friendly heads up.
TheMightyThor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TheMightyThor
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @TheMightyThor:  no problem , but as I have said in the other thread you replied, insulting people and swearing are against forum rules. I'm not telling you this to scold you but only so you don't get the mods on you and they band you hereafter. It's fine to argue that one character or another would win, but you have to be careful or you can get into trouble. It's just a friendly heads up. "
THANKS GUY, I'LL TRY TO REMEMBER THAT, IT'S JUST THE WAY I TALK, CAN'T HELP IT. YEAH, SO TO GET BACK ON TOPIC, VEGETA STOMPS GANDALF.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MKF30

Uhh, MightyThor drugs are bad bud *wink wink* :P ....lol Frodo having power cosmic lmao?...this is LOTR, not DC or Marvel bud. Frodo could be an awesome GL though no doubt, he has a strong will ;) 

But seriously, we all know Gandalf The White rapes Dumbledore...

Avatar image for noobasaurus_rex
Noobasaurus_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Noobasaurus_Rex

Dumbledore is the greatest and most powerful wizard of all-time. Dumbledore wins.

Renee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#44  Edited By Renee

LOL. Mithrandir wins easily.

blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By blackadam
@Noobasaurus_Rex said:
"Dumbledore is the greatest and most powerful wizard of all-time. Dumbledore wins. "

dumbledore get stomped.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#46  Edited By Mercy_
@Renee said:
" LOL. Mithrandir wins easily. "
Avatar image for the_umbra_sorcerer
The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dumbledore Wins His Elder Wand Can not be Beated by anyone
blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By blackadam
@The Umbra Sorcerer said:
"Dumbledore Wins His Elder Wand Can not be Beated by anyone "

except for gandalf
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#49  Edited By Thor's hammmer

dumbledore was acctually more impressive than Gandalf in the movies but gandalfs powers werent for show
Renee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#50  Edited By Renee
@Thor's hammmer said:
" dumbledore was acctually more impressive than Gandalf in the movies but gandalfs powers werent for show "
What? Gandalf the Grey was more impressive than Dumbledoore. Gandalf fighting the Balrog of Morgoth is more impressive than anything Dee had done. Resisting the One Ring, battling Sarumon, orcs, etc...