progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By progenitorigin

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

Wesker uses martial arts moves in RE5, for what it's worth. Tiger Uppercut is priceless.

No Caption Provided
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#52  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Adamantium claws, Laura being skilled in her own right,no showboating, a better HF and not being so slow that she can't tag Wesker is enough for me to give her the majority.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By progenitorigin

@god_spawn: He only showboats against Chris Redfield due to the fact that they have such a past, otherwise against more serious enemies he takes it much more seriously, and for each time X-23 does manage to tag Wesker, that's about 2 Cobra Strikes in retaliation he can deliver, which have the impact velocity to send 3 men flying, he has the strength to KO her before she delivers enough damage to wear him down. Not to mention he's a genius-level intellect, he's not going to be so easily lured into a fight he can't win.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By TifaLockhart

@progenitor: Him and Claire. He seemed to enjoy beating her around.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By progenitorigin

@progenitor: Him and Claire. He seemed to enjoy beating her around.

True, but he knew Claire was Chris' sister, I see it more as him "sending a message."

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@progenitor said:

@god_spawn: He only showboats against Chris Redfield due to the fact that they have such a past, otherwise against more serious enemies he takes it much more seriously, and for each time X-23 does manage to tag Wesker, that's about 2 Cobra Strikes in retaliation he can deliver, which have the impact velocity to send 3 men flying, he has the strength to KO her before she delivers enough damage to wear him down. Not to mention he's a genius-level intellect, he's not going to be so easily lured into a fight he can't win.

I know from previous debates that we discussed Wesker's ego only really applies to Christ and Co. The statement was more along the lines that she isn't as played up as much as Wolverine is. I can't argue Wesker is indeed stronger and faster but he isn't so fast that he is going to have much of an advantage. Laura's healing factor should let her take hits from class 100's and keep fighting and is much faster than Wolverine's healing. She is also faster, more nimble than Wolverine (who we agreed beats Wesker) and isn't one to kid around. Before Wesker does nail the necessary moves he will probably be losing limbs or his head anyways. X-23 isn't as smart as he is but she is intelligent in her own right, such as bleeding Wolverine out by stuffing his wounds with gravel. I just think adamantium claws and Laura going for the proper strikes is the key to victory and she is incredibly hard to put down and her style is a bit more radical at that and Wesker would probably be losing limbs shortly in the fight.

mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By mavfan626

@god_spawn: X-23 is not faster then Wolverine

mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By mavfan626
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By progenitorigin

@god_spawn said:

@progenitor said:

I know from previous debates that we discussed Wesker's ego only really applies to Christ and Co. The statement was more along the lines that she isn't as played up as much as Wolverine is. I can't argue Wesker is indeed stronger and faster but he isn't so fast that he is going to have much of an advantage. Laura's healing factor should let her take hits from class 100's and keep fighting and is much faster than Wolverine's healing. She is also faster, more nimble than Wolverine (who we agreed beats Wesker) and isn't one to kid around. Before Wesker does nail the necessary moves he will probably be losing limbs or his head anyways. X-23 isn't as smart as he is but she is intelligent in her own right, such as bleeding Wolverine out by stuffing his wounds with gravel. I just think adamantium claws and Laura going for the proper strikes is the key to victory and she is incredibly hard to put down and her style is a bit more radical at that and Wesker would probably be losing limbs shortly in the fight.

I did agree that Wolverine would beat Wesker--but I also said it would be a hardfought battle. That being said, Wesker has shown to be very talented in counter-attack, as shown in almost every cutscene of him during Resident Evil 5. While I agree that Laura is incredibly nimble, and has what it takes to tag Wesker, I don't believe she would be able to keep up with his speed in regards to making him lose a limb, chances are he would take her by the wrist and slice her own throat with her own blades, or use his speed to blitz and delve his hand through her torso, an attack that should incapacitate her long enough to give him a victory. It's definitely not out of character for Wesker to fight dirty, and while the same could be said of X-23's fighting technique, I just think Wesker's physical stats put her at a distinct disadvantage.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By TifaLockhart

One thing's for sure, if she wants the title of "best there is" she has to get that thing off Wolverine's lawn.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By progenitorigin

One thing's for sure, if she wants the title of "best there is" she has to get that thing off Wolverine's lawn.

But someone already took that title!

No Caption Provided
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By TifaLockhart

I think Maximus Lobo could take Mr. X. Then again, that might be my bias creeping in.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@progenitor: I'll get to this tomorrow. I need to get a paper typed in the morning for a project.

@mavfan626: I'll take the statement with a grain of salt for now. I vaguely remember her being faster and more agile due to the adamantium not weighing her down and her having a lighter frame and I'm not talking about her healing factor. I'll get back to it.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By TifaLockhart

How much does an adamantium skeleton weigh, anyway? At the airport, they asked what Wolverine was doing with 8 lbs of metal.

mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By mavfan626

@god_spawn said:

@mavfan626: I'll take the statement with a grain of salt for now. I vaguely remember her being faster and more agile due to the adamantium not weighing her down and her having a lighter frame and I'm not talking about her healing factor. I'll get back to it.

Your right in a way but on paper she really isn't.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@mavfan626: If I'm right, Sarah Kinney stated X-23 was faster than Logan and Laura also did manage to beat his time Target X by 3 minutes or so IIRC. So there is that evidence that she is faster even if by a small amount.

doomsboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Albert Wesker wins.

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

king_majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

X-23, now known as Wolverine, takes Weaker to town.