Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@nick_hero22:

Sensory Receptor's main function is to relay information concerning a stimulus to the brain, it is entirely up to the brain how the stimulus is interpreted and responded to.

OK. Fair enough. Nothing in that Google researched sentence contradicts anything I've been saying though. If anything, it supports it. Being indestructible, by and large, does not automatically write off the possibility of a physiological exploit via nerve strike with enough knowledge of a given hero / alien / creature's physiological make-up.

At the very least, it's a plausible creative approach to the problem in comic books.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By nick_hero22

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@nick_hero22:

Sensory Receptor's main function is to relay information concerning a stimulus to the brain, it is entirely up to the brain how the stimulus is interpreted and responded to.

OK. Fair enough. Nothing in that Google researched sentence contradicts anything I've been saying though. If anything, it supports it. Being indestructible, by and large, does not automatically write off the possibility of a physiological exploit via nerve strike with enough knowledge of a given hero / alien / creature's physiological make-up.

At the very least, it's a plausible creative approach to the problem in comic books.

Not really, in order to effect a opponent physically you would have to target motor neurons which are responsible for muscle contracting and etc. They would be located near the muscles under the layers of skin, if you have enhanced durability it would require a lot more pressure to exploit these neurons.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22 said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@nick_hero22:

Not really, in order to effect a opponent physically you would have to target motor neurons which are responsible for muscle contracting and etc. They would be located near the muscles under the layers of skin, if you have enhanced durability it would require a lot more pressure to exploit these neurons.

No you don't actually. I've had nerves effected with but the lightest of touches. I'm sure there are some that would require more pressure than others ... but let's you and I not talk as though we're experts on all the many and varied nerve centers and pressure points riddled throughout the human body shall we?

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By nick_hero22

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@nick_hero22:

No you don't actually. I've had nerves effected with but the lightest of touches. I'm sure there are some that would require more pressure than others ... but let's you and I not talk as though we're experts on all the many and varied nerve centers and pressure points riddled throughout the human body shall we?

Fine, but I still have my doubts to a certain extent.

john_doe_0897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@Picard said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

@xxironspiderxx said:

Everyone is just sayin albert wins and listing his feats nobody will list matts. Im not saying matt wins im just saying stop underestimating him

Skill in the comic book realm should never be underestimated.

Classic case of skill versus stats. I do believe we on the Vine drool far too much over 'superior' stats. Fact is, comic book top tier fighters are superhuman in their own right (Matt actually redirects bullets with precision - them there are superhuman reflexes at work). And the fact is, they are consistently written taking down powerhouses they would have no business taking down in 'real life'. I can run off a list if anyone doubts ...

Matt has held up against far more impressive adversaries than Wesker has IMHO.

This is not a stomp.

Funny thing, I always thought that people on comicvine are overestimating skills, not stats. Logically someone who is simultaneously faster, stronger and more durable than you, will always defeat you in random encounter. Let's use the analogy: North American P-51 Mustang piloted by excellent pilot versus F-16 Fighting Falcon piloted by mediocre pilot, who would win? Or M4 Sherman controlled by greatly skilled crew versus M1 Abrams controlled by mediocre crew, again who should win? This is classical case of swordsman vs. gunslinger... Every time you will doubt that stats are more important than skills watch Riders of the lost ark: arabian swordsman shows off his skills with a sword, Indiana Jones just point a gun at him and shoot him on a spot. :) Yes, skilled peak humans defeted superhumans on many occasions - this thing have a name, it is called: PIS/CIS. It's either done for the sake of story, or it is done to uplift certain characters. For example let's talk about this pressure points thing. Not only this is a cheap way to win - in this same way you can say that Daredevil will win this fight because he will kick his opponent in the nuts ;) - but also I don't think that pressure points should work. If you have super durability, then your entire body is super durable including your nerves and all other weak spots. So I don't know why pressure points should be effective? And because of that Wesker stomps.

Your confusing real life logic with comics. It's that simple.

Martial skill in comic land does not operate under the same laws ... every-single-top-tier character has multiple feats attributed to him or her that in the real world would classify as superhuman and / or paranormal.

Top tier skill is an extremely potent superpower (and yes, I would classify it as such) to possess in comics.

Real world physics and logic have a very limited place whence debating the import and 'weight' of skill versus stats in comic books.

Sorry, I don't buy this. Everytime I point this out, I always get this same response: comic book logic is different that real life logic, it's like saying it's just comic book, what did you expect? It is like both authors and reader's didn't have respect for the medium. But it's not looney toons! This "diffrent logic" thing it's a cop out, a lousy excuse for bad writing. Basically everyone who claim that Daredevil and similar characters could defeat opponents that are way out of their league, is no different from that guy who claimed that T-1000 could kill Superman by poking his brain with stabbing weapon...

You speak my heart...even if it were years ago. I guess it's too much work for writers to come up villains and plots within the limit of their characters abilities. It must be easier to just let your characters do whatever plot demands rather than have them do things in the limits of their ability. It's very stupid. In one thread someone said that DD wielded a 400lb bar as you would a bo staff...gown stupid is that? That's clearly superhuman. Yet they offer no explanation for why he'd be able to do it. Atleast iron fist uses chi for his rediculous feats, so I can accept that. But if you're classified as human you shouldn't be dodging bullets or swatting bullets in DD case and the like. But like I said it'd be too much trouble for writers to stay consistent. But because of this foolishness we have people who can make a case for DD vs spiderman and other similar obvious mismatches smh. It's the curse of comics I'm afraid. They don't write stories expecting feats to be used in a "fictional vs thread", they only write them to be interesting and what humans are capable of in real life would bore us they're afraid