this is correct
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By TifaLockhart

Matt prosecutes Wesker in court for the 1998 incident. Or maybe I'm ultra-bored and have Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 on the brain.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Daredevil.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By xxxddd

Daredevil.

solesamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By solesamurai

Wesker >.>

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Vance Astro said:

Daredevil.

Really? I'd like to hear how.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@god_spawn said:

@Vance Astro said:

Daredevil.

Really? I'd like to hear how.

Chris Redfield beat Wesker.
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TifaLockhart

@Vance Astro: Wrong. Chris Redfield and Sheva Alomar beat Wesker through PIS.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

@Vance Astro: Wrong. Chris Redfield and Sheva Alomar beat Wesker through PIS.

It's always PIS when the overestimated guy loses.
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TifaLockhart

@Vance Astro: I'm not using it as an excuse.

Earlier in the game, a rocket made him woozy enough to be injected with more of the virus. Yet we're to buy that two rocket launchers to the head kills him?

When Daredevil loses his speed and survives being decapitated then we'll talk.

Wesker, toying around with Chris, beat him from Code Veronica X to RE5. Every. Single. Time.

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By GunGunW

@Vance Astro: Wow, I'm not the only person to think that wasn't PIS? Finally!

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Chaos Prime

@GunGunW said:

i call non PIS too :)

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@Vance Astro: I'm not using it as an excuse.

Earlier in the game, a rocket made him woozy enough to be injected with more of the virus. Yet we're to buy that two rocket launchers to the head kills him?

He didn't get hit with that first rocket. He caught it and Chris blew it up in his hands. 

When Daredevil loses his speed and survives being decapitated then we'll talk.

He doesn't need to do that because it's not relevant.

Wesker, toying around with Chris, beat him from Code Veronica X to RE5. Every. Single. Time.

Code Veronica is an younger version of Chris, i'm talking about RE5.
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TifaLockhart

@Vance Astro: It's an explosion from a rocket. Proximity from his hand to his head wasn't that big a gap.

How is Wesker's defeat not relevant? He was able to get shot in the head by two rockets cause he wasn't his dodge-y self. This was after he'd been injected too.

Code Veronica X was also a younger version of Wesker. What's your point?

In RE5 (leaving out Code Veronica X for whatever reason), Wesker had Chris dead to rights and he was taking on both Chris and Jill. At no point does Chris ever "beat" him in the way you're implying.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@Vance Astro: It's an explosion from a rocket. Proximity from his hand to his head wasn't that big a gap.

There's still a big difference between getting hit by a rocket and having it blow up in your hands. 

How is Wesker's defeat not relevant? He was able to get shot in the head by two rockets cause he wasn't his dodge-y self. This was after he'd been injected too.

His death is relevant. Your point wasn't. 

(leaving out Code Veronica X for whatever reason)

It's old, which means Chris was younger and less experienced. 

Wesker had Chris dead to rights and he was taking on both Chris and Jill. At no point does Chris ever "beat" him in the way you're implying.

Since I don't know, please explain to the class what happened.
Avatar image for genmacommander89
Genmacommander89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Genmacommander89

Wesker, you'd have to be someone like Midnighter or Gorgon to beat him. I don't think characters like Daredevil, Batman or Captain America could beat him

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Genmacommander89 said:

Wesker, you'd have to be someone like Midnighter or Gorgon to beat him. I don't think characters like Daredevil, Batman or Captain America could beat him

Why?
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TifaLockhart

@Vance Astro: Really? Hands are so much more durable against explosions than the head?

My point was that his defeat was because he didn't dodge. Take away Matt's radar sense and let's see him do any better.

Chris was Air Force and S.T.A.R.S. even back then. You're really reaching now.

It should be painfully clear what went down to someone who has actually played the game. If someone hasn't and is debating, that's their fault.

I'm betting you'd also pick Daredevil over Metal Gear Rex, since "Solid Snake beat it."

Avatar image for genmacommander89
Genmacommander89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Genmacommander89

@Vance Astro said:

@Genmacommander89 said:

Why?

No idea, maybe I've succumbed to all the Wesker wanking that's gone on over the past 3 years

then again Nightwing isn't as skilled as Daredevil, Bats or Cap and he cleaned Owen Mercers clock despite having Wesker level speed.

I'm starting to rethink this.

chaos-soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By chaos-soul

Dare devils sonar sence is more than enough to take out wesker as well as his ability. this guy has beaten spiderman and wolverine who both would slaughter wwesker

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@Vance Astro: Really? Hands are so much more durable against explosions than the head?

No that's not my point. My point is he didn't get hit with a rocket that exploded on impact, catching it and getting hit with a rocket is two different things. 

My point was that his defeat was because he didn't dodge. Take away Matt's radar sense and let's see him do any better

He has radar sense though, so I don't get it. 

Chris was Air Force and S.T.A.R.S. even back then. You're really reaching now.

How am I reaching? Chris went through alot between those times. Code Veronica was 10 years before RE5. You think he didn't become more experienced between that time?  

It should be painfully clear what went down to someone who has actually played the game. If someone hasn't and is debating, that's their fault.

So you don't know then? 

I'm betting you'd also pick Daredevil over Metal Gear Rex, since "Solid Snake beat it."

I wouldn't, but you can think that if you want. Metal Gear R ex and Albert Wesker are two different things.
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By renamed040924

@Vance Astro

How is Daredevil even expected to hurt a guy who's taken as much as Wesker? Bullets barely faze him, and RPGs are quickly laughed off. He can even shrug off a dozen steel girders falling onto his head from several stories up. Daredevil will probably hurt his hand if he punches Wesker.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@nickzambuto said:

How is Daredevil even expected to hurt a guy who's taken as much as Wesker? Bullets barely faze him, and RPGs are quickly laughed off. He can even shrug off a dozen steel girders falling onto his head from several stories up. Daredevil will probably hurt his hand if he punches Wesker.

Because he's hurt characters more durable than Wesker.
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TifaLockhart

@Vance Astro: The rocket exploded all the same. Now you're splitting hairs.

As far as Wesker getting decapitated by the rockets, he didn't have his speed at the time and was surrounded by lava.

Yes, Chris did become more experienced. He even made B.S.A.A. How that takes away the fact that Wesker no-sold a bent steel pipe against him or survived that explosion I don't follow. Experience can only go so far when it comes to a human.

And since I can only assume you want a recap of RE5, Chris and Jill, both B.S.A.A. agents, shoot at Wesker, who dodges, then he slams Jill into a bookcase and grabs Chris. He's about to deliver the deathblow before Jill defenestrates him. Next fight, he gives Chris and Sheva seven minutes against Jill and himself. I'm not sure canonically how this one plays out, but nothing suggests Chris wins. The next one you seem to be an expert on. And finally, Wesker mutates into something much slower. He doesn't dodge bullets anymore. It ends when Chris and Sheva fire two rockets at Wesker.

But no matter how you slice it, "Chris Redfield beat Wesker" is grossly misleading.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By renamed040924

@Vance Astro said:

@nickzambuto said:

Because he's hurt characters more durable than Wesker.

Such as?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@nickzambuto said:

Such as?

Without using anything PIS, I can say Cage & Hyde.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@Vance Astro: The rocket exploded all the same. Now you're splitting hairs.

As far as Wesker getting decapitated by the rockets, he didn't have his speed at the time and was surrounded by lava.

Yes, Chris did become more experienced. He even made B.S.A.A. How that takes away the fact that Wesker no-sold a bent steel pipe against him or survived that explosion I don't follow. Experience can only go so far when it comes to a human.

And since I can only assume you want a recap of RE5, Chris and Jill, both B.S.A.A. agents, shoot at Wesker, who dodges, then he slams Jill into a bookcase and grabs Chris. He's about to deliver the deathblow before Jill defenestrates him. Next fight, he gives Chris and Sheva seven minutes against Jill and himself. I'm not sure canonically how this one plays out, but nothing suggests Chris wins. The next one you seem to be an expert on. And finally, Wesker mutates into something much slower. He doesn't dodge bullets anymore. It ends when Chris and Sheva fire two rockets at Wesker.

But no matter how you slice it, "Chris Redfield beat Wesker" is grossly misleading.

Before you start taking this too seriously I should tell you I was bluffing. I've never even encountered Wesker in RE5. Didn't get far enough. I have played alot of RE games and beaten them though. I don't know whether Chris beat Wesker or not.
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By renamed040924

@Vance Astro said:

@nickzambuto said:

Such as?

Without using anything PIS, I can say Cage & Hyde.

Daredevil has beaten Cage by hitting pressure points. I'm not sure whether that's PIS, some people say it is, others don't. I'm not sure about Hyde.

I still doubt Matt can KO Wesker though. His healing factor is almost Wolverine level, and he's tough enough to take 300 foot dives without trouble when Jill through them out the window. Later on he does the same thing again when he's tossed out of the plane. Does Daredevil's fist pack more force than a 300 foot fall?

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TifaLockhart

@Vance Astro: I don't get it. Are you being serious? This is the Internet where I cannot detet sarcasm so I'm honestly asking.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By renamed040924

We need you...

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@nickzambuto said:

Daredevil has beaten Cage by hitting pressure points. I'm not sure whether that's PIS, some people say it is, others don't. I'm not sure about Hyde.

Wait what? DD didn't win the fight where he used pressure points. You're talking about DD Cage Match right? He was hurting Cage but Turk poisoned him after the first round and he started spazzing out. Once DD saw he was out of control, he wanted to stop. Hyde used to be a Thor villain. When Daredevil fought Hyde he hit him with a nerve strike that temporarily kept him from breathing and he passed out.

@nickzambuto said:

I still doubt Matt can KO Wesker though. His healing factor is almost Wolverine level, and he's tough enough to take 300 foot dives without trouble when Jill through them out the window. Later on he does the same thing again when he's tossed out of the plane. Does Daredevil's fist pack more force than a 300 foot fall?

Pressure points don't do much to Wolverine but Wolverine also has far better healing factor feats so I don't know whether pressure points would work on him or not.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@Vance Astro: I don't get it. Are you being serious? This is the Internet where I cannot detet sarcasm so I'm honestly asking.

I'm being serious. Everything I just said to you was a bluff. Everything I know about Wesker is before RE5. I've never even made it off the first level of that game. I also don't have a clue whether DD can beat Wesker. I just tried to challenge myself and see if I could make a case for DD.
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By renamed040924

@Vance Astro said:

@nickzambuto said:

Wait what? DD didn't win the fight where he used pressure points. You're talking about DD Cage Match right? He was hurting Cage but Turk poisoned him after the first round and he started spazzing out. Once DD saw he was out of control, he wanted to stop. Hyde used to be a Thor villain. When Daredevil fought Hyde he hit him with a nerve strike that temporarily kept him from breathing.

@nickzambuto said:

Pressure points don't do much to Wolverine but Wolverine also has far better healing factor feats so I don't know whether pressure points would work on him or not.

Daredevil can successfully use pressure point attacks on guys like Luke Cage and Hyde, but it's a lot harder to do that to someone who's faster than you.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@nickzambuto said:

Daredevil can successfully use pressure point attacks on guys like Luke Cage and Hyde, but it's a lot harder to do that to someone who's faster than you.

Daredevil has fought plenty of character that are faster than him.
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TifaLockhart

@Vance Astro: Dude, not cool. IMO very unprofessional. How can you excuse the amount of attitude you just gave me?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By renamed040924

@Vance Astro said:

@nickzambuto said:

Daredevil has fought plenty of character that are faster than him.

And he's never had to use very precise, tricky pressure point jabs to harm them like he will Wesker. Against a slow guy like Luke Cage it's easy, but if you're trying that on someone faster than you, you're pretty much screwed.

Maybe if Matt wasn't five times weaker than Wesker this would work, but he is.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@Vance Astro: Dude, not cool. IMO very unprofessional. How can you excuse the amount of attitude you just gave me?

If you can't tell whether i'm being sarcastic or not, I don't get how you can tell i'm giving you attitude. I also don't get what you're saying about professionalism. I don't work for Comicvine, I have no obligation to "professional". I'm allowed to debate on what I want and how I want as long as it's within the rules. I didn't insult you, I didn't suggest you were stupid or didn't know what you were talking about. I made my points and that's it.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@nickzambuto said:

What does his strength have to do with speed and precision.
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By renamed040924

@Vance Astro said:

@nickzambuto said:

What does his strength have to do with speed and precision.

Strength=Durability.

If Wesker wasn't so durable, Matt wouldn't need to use pressure points and nerve clusters to win, but since Wesker is durable, he will. And since Wesker is pretty fast, Matt will lose.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@nickzambuto said:

Strength=Durability.

If Wesker wasn't so durable, Matt wouldn't need to use pressure points and nerve clusters to win, but since Wesker is durable, he will. And since Wesker is pretty fast, Matt will lose.

Oh ok.
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By renamed040924

@Vance Astro said:

@nickzambuto said:

Strength=Durability.

Oh ok.

Glad to see you submit to your better. I hereby strip you of your modship and cast you off.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@nickzambuto said:

Glad to see you submit to your better. I hereby strip you of your modship and cast you off.

Don't be ridiculous. You can only win if I let you :P
nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By nick_hero22

@GunGunW said:

Your not alone