• 183 results
#1 Posted by GreenLantern555 (2218 posts) - - Show Bio

Both are two of the most powerful beings in DCU (arguably). If the two were to get into a fight in Central City, no prep time, and Wally and Alan are at their peak! Who would win?

#2 Posted by Sexy Merc (42075 posts) - - Show Bio

I know normal Green Lanterns can put up shields in nanoseconds, but unless Alan Scott has time of auto-shield, Wally should win in no time.
#3 Posted by velle37 (6059 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:
"I know normal Green Lanterns can put up shields in nanoseconds, but unless Alan Scott has time of auto-shield, Wally should win in no time. "

He does. He has a shield around him at all times even when he's unconscious.
#4 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Which he will be and rather soon when facing the Flash.
#5 Posted by velle37 (6059 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom said:
"Which he will be and rather soon when facing the Flash. "

LOL. Alan has telepathy via the Starheart, invisibility, intangibility, and the ability to mimic Wally's powers. BUT Wally has more experience using those powers. And more mastery of the speed force. 

Still a tough decision.
#6 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

The ability to mimic Wally's powers?  Oh lets see scans of that.

#7 Posted by King Saturn (224220 posts) - - Show Bio
I dont recall Alan Scott being able to mimic the powers of The Flash... I am sure Alan has Super Speed via the Ring... but I dont see why Wally cant get the Ring away from Alan before he could react to use it
#8 Posted by velle37 (6059 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
"I dont recall Alan Scott being able to mimic the powers of The Flash... I am sure Alan has Super Speed via the Ring... but I dont see why Wally cant get the Ring away from Alan before he could react to use it "

Can't find scans, i'll look harder, but it wasn't from scans, his profile says he can use his ring to mimic powers (he did this to mimic Hippolyta's strength). 

And Alan is made of the Starheart, he is just a living flame, Wally can't take his ring and make his powers go away.
#9 Posted by King Saturn (224220 posts) - - Show Bio
@velle37 said:
" @King Saturn said:
"I dont recall Alan Scott being able to mimic the powers of The Flash... I am sure Alan has Super Speed via the Ring... but I dont see why Wally cant get the Ring away from Alan before he could react to use it "
Can't find scans, i'll look harder, but it wasn't from scans, his profile says he can use his ring to mimic powers (he did this to mimic Hippolyta's strength).  And Alan is made of the Starheart, he is just a living flame, Wally can't take his ring and make his powers go away. "
this must be something thats been shown recently... I recall Alan Scott using a Power Ring just like all the rest of the GLs do... 
#10 Posted by velle37 (6059 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @velle37 said:
" @King Saturn said:
Can't find scans, i'll look harder, but it wasn't from scans, his profile says he can use his ring to mimic powers (he did this to mimic Hippolyta's strength).  And Alan is made of the Starheart, he is just a living flame, Wally can't take his ring and make his powers go away. "
this must be something thats been shown recently... I recall Alan Scott using a Power Ring just like all the rest of the GLs do...  "

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Alan_Scott_(New_Earth

Go here, type in Alan Scott on your left, then click on his name, it should show his profile, but it's acting retarded.
#11 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll say Alan Scott can take this.

#12 Posted by King Saturn (224220 posts) - - Show Bio
@velle37 said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @velle37 said:
" @King Saturn said:
this must be something thats been shown recently... I recall Alan Scott using a Power Ring just like all the rest of the GLs do...  "

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Alan_Scott_(New_Earth)  Go here, type in Alan Scott on your left, then click on his name, it should show his profile, but it's acting retarded. "
its not working well... plus this site is a Wiki... new info can be added on into it as a characters story evolves with other things...  
from what I know of Alan Scott he used the Power Ring like other GL's... and I had not seen Alan do much outside of his use of the Ring... maybe he felt he didnt need to... 
#13 Posted by velle37 (6059 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @velle37 said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @velle37 said:
" @King Saturn said:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Alan_Scott_(New_Earth)  Go here, type in Alan Scott on your left, then click on his name, it should show his profile, but it's acting retarded. "
its not working well... plus this site is a Wiki... new info can be added on into it as a characters story evolves with other things...  
from what I know of Alan Scott he used the Power Ring like other GL's... and I had not seen Alan do much outside of his use of the Ring... maybe he felt he didnt need to... 
"

Well I've heard this from multiple sources. Not the mimicing powers, but the part about Alan being exposed to his ring so much that he has become made of living Starheart flame. He no longer needs a ring, to recharge, and i've even heard that he has no weakness to wood anymore. 

What i do trust is that he is living flame, and can mimic powers, for them to take his only weakness opens new doors so i'm not sure if that happened.
#14 Posted by King Saturn (224220 posts) - - Show Bio
@velle37 said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @velle37 said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @velle37 said:
" @King Saturn said:

"
Well I've heard this from multiple sources. Not the mimicing powers, but the part about Alan being exposed to his ring so much that he has become made of living Starheart flame. He no longer needs a ring, to recharge, and i've even heard that he has no weakness to wood anymore.  What i do trust is that he is living flame, and can mimic powers, for them to take his only weakness opens new doors so i'm not sure if that happened. "
I did not say it was not true... but how long has this been so ? I just read a comic not too long ago where Alan Scott had to use his Power Ring to stop Grundy... 
#15 Posted by velle37 (6059 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @velle37 said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @velle37 said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @velle37 said:
" @King Saturn said:

"
Well I've heard this from multiple sources. Not the mimicing powers, but the part about Alan being exposed to his ring so much that he has become made of living Starheart flame. He no longer needs a ring, to recharge, and i've even heard that he has no weakness to wood anymore.  What i do trust is that he is living flame, and can mimic powers, for them to take his only weakness opens new doors so i'm not sure if that happened. "
I did not say it was not true... but how long has this been so ? I just read a comic not too long ago where Alan Scott had to use his Power Ring to stop Grundy...  "

Idk, i only heard this a few months ago, so it was probably a little longer. I just heard from someone in these forums that Alan no longer has his weakness a week or so ago. Still skeptical.
#16 Posted by NightFang (10070 posts) - - Show Bio

Could go either way.

#17 Posted by Waffle Fries (884 posts) - - Show Bio

The difference between Alan's ring and other GL's is that it is made from the Starheart. It has magical powers which do not need to be recharged like other GL's. From what I remember I thought he was still weak to wood, but maybe that has changed...

I'm going with Alan Scott on this.

#18 Edited by Fortanono (4889 posts) - - Show Bio

#19 Posted by King Saturn (224220 posts) - - Show Bio
@Waffle Fries said:
" The difference between Alan's ring and other GL's is that it is made from the Starheart. It has magical powers which do not need to be recharged like other GL's. From what I remember I thought he was still weak to wood, but maybe that has changed...  I'm going with Alan Scott on this. "
but the Ring itself still could be taken from him... even if it has Unlimited Charge... 
#20 Edited by Waffle Fries (884 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:

" @Waffle Fries said:

" The difference between Alan's ring and other GL's is that it is made from the Starheart. It has magical powers which do not need to be recharged like other GL's. From what I remember I thought he was still weak to wood, but maybe that has changed...  I'm going with Alan Scott on this. "

but the Ring itself still could be taken from him... even if it has Unlimited Charge...  "
 http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Alan_Scott_%28New_Earth%29

Nah, His entire body is made up of green flame from the Starheart. He has a constant shield around him and apparently he does have the ability to mimic other peoples super powers for a short period of time. And even if flash could take his ring away, I don't think that would really make a difference since his power is within him.
#21 Posted by velle37 (6059 posts) - - Show Bio
@Waffle Fries said:
" @King Saturn said:

" @Waffle Fries said:

but the Ring itself still could be taken from him... even if it has Unlimited Charge...  "
 http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Alan_Scott_%28New_Earth%29  Nah, His entire body is made up of green flame from the Starheart. Even if flash could take his ring away, I don't think that would really make a difference.  And the reason I'm going with Alan Scott, is that Flash would have a hard enough time with a regular GL. Alan Scott is stronger the most GL's by virtue of where he gets his powers. "

Trueness.
#22 Posted by King Saturn (224220 posts) - - Show Bio
@velle37 said:
" @Waffle Fries said:
" @King Saturn said:

" @Waffle Fries said:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Alan_Scott_%28New_Earth%29  Nah, His entire body is made up of green flame from the Starheart. Even if flash could take his ring away, I don't think that would really make a difference.  And the reason I'm going with Alan Scott, is that Flash would have a hard enough time with a regular GL. Alan Scott is stronger the most GL's by virtue of where he gets his powers. "
Trueness. "
I need scans of this to prove it... not just some wiki
#23 Posted by velle37 (6059 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @velle37 said:
" @Waffle Fries said:
" @King Saturn said:

" @Waffle Fries said:

Trueness. "
I need scans of this to prove it... not just some wiki "

Alan holding Jade, made completely of Starheart energy.
#24 Posted by King Saturn (224220 posts) - - Show Bio
@velle37 said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @velle37 said:
" @Waffle Fries said:
" @King Saturn said:

" @Waffle Fries said:

Trueness. "

Alan holding Jade, made completely of Starheart energy. "
I have something to combat this... 
this happened recently... here Solomon Grundy destroys Alan Scott Lantern... in the Process it leaves Scott Powerless... now if Alan Scott has the Starheart Power within him how could he be left Powerless if his Lantern is destroyed ? 

#25 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio

currently, alan scott is the starheart. 

#26 Posted by velle37 (6059 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @velle37 said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @velle37 said:
" @Waffle Fries said:
" @King Saturn said:

" @Waffle Fries said:

Trueness. "

Alan holding Jade, made completely of Starheart energy. "
I have something to combat this... 
this happened recently... here Solomon Grundy destroys Alan Scott Lantern... in the Process it leaves Scott Powerless... now if Alan Scott has the Starheart Power within him how could he be left Powerless if his Lantern is destroyed ? 

"

Didn't really know when and where it came from, it was just the only availabel pic i could find, i have seen other pics with Alan's body looking more like a flame than just a green silver surfer. 

But i counter with what the human juggernaught said.
#27 Posted by King Saturn (224220 posts) - - Show Bio
@the human Juggernaut said:
" currently, alan scott is the starheart. 

"
how exactly does this prove that Alan Scott doesnt need his Power Ring at all though ? I mean his Ring his still the Main Source of Energy based on the the way its depicted in the Scans... even if Alan's Ring has Unlimited Magical Charge... how exactly does this show that he has no need for the Power Ring anymore ? 
#28 Edited by velle37 (6059 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @the human Juggernaut said:

"
how exactly does this prove that Alan Scott doesnt need his Power Ring at all though ? I mean his Ring his still the Main Source of Energy based on the the way its depicted in the Scans... even if Alan's Ring has Unlimited Magical Charge... how exactly does this show that he has no need for the Power Ring anymore ?  "

Because his body is made of the energy was inside the ring before he became the starheart. Plus There is a forcefield around Alan at all times, so Wally would have to get through that to get it off of Alan and by then Alan would know what was happening, plus Alan has telepathy, BUT wally can superspeed his thoughts so that telepathy doesn't work on him, BUT Alan can become intangible so wally could run right through him, plus Alan can turn invisible.
#29 Posted by velle37 (6059 posts) - - Show Bio

You are right though Saturn. I will go look for more solid proof.
#30 Posted by King Saturn (224220 posts) - - Show Bio
@velle37 said:
" @King Saturn said:

"
how exactly does this prove that Alan Scott doesnt need his Power Ring at all though ? I mean his Ring his still the Main Source of Energy based on the the way its depicted in the Scans... even if Alan's Ring has Unlimited Magical Charge... how exactly does this show that he has no need for the Power Ring anymore ?  "
Because his body is made of the energy was inside the ring before he became the starheart. Plus There is a forcefield around Alan at all times, so Wally would have to get through that to get it off of Alan and by then Alan would know what was happening, plus Alan has telepathy, BUT wally can superspeed his thoughts so that telepathy doesn't work on him, BUT Alan can become intangible so wally could run right through him, plus Alan can turn invisible. "
so his body is made up of Starheart Energy... but if his Lantern is destroyed he is Powerless ? how exactly does that work ? also... do we have any real feats of Alan using his Starheart Power without his Power Ring at all ? that would be nice to see... everything I see with Alan Scott has him using his Power Ring... 
#31 Posted by Waffle Fries (884 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn: Alan may possibly still need his ring, but even if he does, I still don't see how Flash is going to get it from him. Alan has a constant force field up and he has other powers which are going to make it difficult for Flash to even touch him let alone get his ring off.
#32 Posted by King Saturn (224220 posts) - - Show Bio
@Waffle Fries said:
" @King Saturn: Alan may possibly still need his ring, but even if he does, I still don't see how Flash is going to get it from him. Alan has a constant force field up and he has other powers which are going to make it difficult for Flash to even touch him let alone get his ring off. "
well there have been a few occasions where people with Superhuman Reaction Time has been able to get the Power Ring away from Elite Green Lanterns... 
#33 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:

"
its a new story arc...alan scott is now the starheart, he still has the ring but he is apparently possessed by the starheart.  He's fighting the JLA/JSA in the next issue.
#34 Posted by Waffle Fries (884 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @Waffle Fries said:
" @King Saturn: Alan may possibly still need his ring, but even if he does, I still don't see how Flash is going to get it from him. Alan has a constant force field up and he has other powers which are going to make it difficult for Flash to even touch him let alone get his ring off. "
well there have been a few occasions where people with Superhuman Reaction Time has been able to get the Power Ring away from Elite Green Lanterns...  "
But if Alan has his force field up how will flash get the ring off? Plus Alan has super speed, can go intangible, can become invisible, ect.
#35 Posted by King Saturn (224220 posts) - - Show Bio
@the human Juggernaut said:
" @King Saturn said:

"
its a new story arc...alan scott is now the starheart, he still has the ring but he is apparently possessed by the starheart.  He's fighting the JLA/JSA in the next issue. "
hmmm... sounds pretty cool 
I will be buying it when it comes out 

#36 Posted by King Saturn (224220 posts) - - Show Bio
@Waffle Fries said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Waffle Fries said:
well there have been a few occasions where people with Superhuman Reaction Time has been able to get the Power Ring away from Elite Green Lanterns...  "
But if Alan has his force field up how will flash get the ring off? Plus Alan has super speed, can go intangible, can become invisible, ect. "
well The Flash has been shown to be able to Vibrate through things... maybe Alan's Force Field is a stretch but he may could do it... now those other abilities Alan Scott has will be a problem for Wally... assuming The Flash cant get the job done before he thinks to use any of those other powers... 
#37 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @King Saturn said:

"
its a new story arc...alan scott is now the starheart, he still has the ring but he is apparently possessed by the starheart.  He's fighting the JLA/JSA in the next issue. "
hmmm... sounds pretty cool 
I will be buying it when it comes out 

"
fighting against the JLA/JSA i mean.
#38 Posted by Waffle Fries (884 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @Waffle Fries said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Waffle Fries said:
But if Alan has his force field up how will flash get the ring off? Plus Alan has super speed, can go intangible, can become invisible, ect. "
well The Flash has been shown to be able to Vibrate through things... maybe Alan's Force Field is a stretch but he may could do it... now those other abilities Alan Scott has will be a problem for Wally... assuming The Flash cant get the job done before he thinks to use any of those other powers...  "
Yes, Wally can vibrate through solid objects. But can he vibrate through a force field powered by magic?
#39 Posted by King Saturn (224220 posts) - - Show Bio
@Waffle Fries said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Waffle Fries said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Waffle Fries said:
well The Flash has been shown to be able to Vibrate through things... maybe Alan's Force Field is a stretch but he may could do it... now those other abilities Alan Scott has will be a problem for Wally... assuming The Flash cant get the job done before he thinks to use any of those other powers...  "
Yes, Wally can vibrate through solid objects. But can he vibrate through a force field powered by magic? "
hey... I said it was a bit of a stretch... lol 
maybe I can find something to help the cause...
#40 Posted by velle37 (6059 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @Waffle Fries said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Waffle Fries said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Waffle Fries said:
Yes, Wally can vibrate through solid objects. But can he vibrate through a force field powered by magic? "
"

Infinity mass punch and insane amounts of speed helps (which Alan can debatably copy). 

BUT Alan can fly and has strength that doesn't need to be backed by speed, Flash can only do these indirectly.
#41 Posted by King Saturn (224220 posts) - - Show Bio
@velle37 said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Waffle Fries said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Waffle Fries said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Waffle Fries said:
"
Infinity mass punch and insane amounts of speed helps (which Alan can debatably copy).  BUT Alan can fly and has strength that doesn't need to be backed by speed, Flash can only do these indirectly. "
I just saw a scan of Jay being able to actually hit Alan Scott and Alan did not have a Force Field up... so its possible Alan does not have Auto Force Field... and if this is so Wally could simply Speedblitz Alan and KO him... 

#42 Edited by velle37 (6059 posts) - - Show Bio

That is older and these new developments are just happening around Alan, so him being the Starheart and having the shield could prevent it, if he doesn't have it Wally could blitz him (assuming Alan isn't already intangiible). Jade also has this force-field. they say it's up even when they're unconcious. Him turning into the Starheart is recent so maybe this permanent force-field is too. 

*shrugs*
#43 Posted by King Saturn (224220 posts) - - Show Bio
@velle37 said:
" That is older and these new developments are just happening around Alan, so him being the Starheart and having the shield could prevent it, if he doesn't have it Wally could blitz him (assuming Alan isn't already intangiible). Jade also has this force-field. they say it's up even when they're unconcious. Him turning into the Starheart is recent so maybe this permanent force-field is too.  *shrugs* "
hmmm... I guess 
but for now... I am thinking Wally can speed blitz Alan and KO him... based on what I have seen so far Auto Force Fields are not a given for Alan Scott... but it could be possible Alan Scott could show to be much more powerful in the very near future... 
#44 Posted by KidSupreme (829 posts) - - Show Bio

I think  Alan Scott would WIN hands down!

#45 Posted by The Mjolnir Wielder (7906 posts) - - Show Bio
@Waffle Fries said:
"@King Saturn said:

" @Waffle Fries said:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Alan_Scott_%28New_Earth%29  Nah, His entire body is made up of green flame from the Starheart. He has a constant shield around him and apparently he does have the ability to mimic other peoples super powers for a short period of time. And even if flash could take his ring away, I don't think that would really make a difference since his power is within him. "
For the sake of factual information and your reputation on this site, never use a wiki to support your argument.
#46 Edited by Waffle Fries (884 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mjolnir Wielder said:

" @Waffle Fries said:

"@King Saturn said:

" @Waffle Fries said:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Alan_Scott_%28New_Earth%29  Nah, His entire body is made up of green flame from the Starheart. He has a constant shield around him and apparently he does have the ability to mimic other peoples super powers for a short period of time. And even if flash could take his ring away, I don't think that would really make a difference since his power is within him. "
For the sake of factual information and your reputation on this site, never use a wiki to support your argument. "
So what? If the information was wrong that would be one thing, but it wasn't. The information I used was true which is why I used it. The points I brought up were validated by more then one person in this thread. There was no need to dig up a scan when I know something is true. It is not my job to go out of my way to correct others. If they want to know exactly what happened in the comic they can go read it for themselves. I bring this up because I want to clarify something. I post on this website to share the love of comics but don't mistaken that for me caring what people think of me on this site. And I could especially care less for people getting on me for a wiki link.
#47 Posted by GreenLantern555 (2218 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @velle37 said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @velle37 said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @velle37 said:
" @King Saturn said:

"
I did not say it was not true... but how long has this been so ? I just read a comic not too long ago where Alan Scott had to use his Power Ring to stop Grundy...  "
I think that Grundy comic was more of an origin story. That was set awhile ago. It wasn't a present comic.
#48 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio
@GreenLantern555 said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @velle37 said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @velle37 said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @velle37 said:
" @King Saturn said:

"
I think that Grundy comic was more of an origin story. That was set awhile ago. It wasn't a present comic. "
uh, no it wasn't, if anything it was a "death of grundy" story.  It was set right before Blackest Night
#49 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Well if a wiki said it, it must be true... 

Green Lantern is now a lightspeeder.

#50 Posted by SlimJ87D (9970 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom said:
" Well if a wiki said it, it must be true...  Green Lantern is now a lightspeeder. "
Proof?