• 137 results
#51 Posted by GhostRavage (9486 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: I don't want to sound like im harassing you... But man... I love you <3.

Your comments are so well written its so easy to get convinced. Keep it up.

#52 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbuck: i agree, while i would take it as Void perhaps winning given his performance i can understand people thinking otherwise though. But yeah if Alex Ross draws it, Jim Starlin paints it (i love his use of bright colors and stuffs), Jonathan Hickman or Peter Davis writers the dialogue, i would totally have nerdgasm :p

#53 Edited by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio
#54 Edited by GhostRavage (9486 posts) - - Show Bio
#55 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: More than even I knew of Sentry/Void.

• Microverse wrecking.
  • Beat back Galactus,
  • Took on the combine might of Dr. Strange, X-Men, Avengers, and Fantastic Four while still winning.
  • Killing off Asgard, Norn Stone Empowered Loki, and the Avengers till went suicidal.
  • Beating Molecule man with ease.

This is pretty clear of being more than capable of beating the Starheart to me.

#56 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Also Specter is a joke.

He has such inconsistent powers levels.

#57 Posted by WillPayton (9829 posts) - - Show Bio

The fight with Molecule Man seem to say otherwise. And god know i have called that feat PIS so many times, but the more i try arguing against it (with Czarny_Samuels666 and Chibio in prominence) it seem Molecule Man was intended to be in the same power level.

The issue has molecule man say i can do anything , <-- very underwhelming proof.

He had his own version of Beyonder, Mephisto, Elder God Set, Enchantres and Zarathos

After having beaten Molecule Man Void/ Sentry is being compared with HOM Wanda, in fact alluded to perhaps even being more powerful.

And given Void himself hasnt actually ever been defeated, with a huge questionable plot involved, its hard to downplay that.

And Molecule Man is at the very least, a entire weight class beyond Skyfathers, a being who just lost to Sentry.

Problem is... what exactly is the power level of that version of Molecule Man? He's been retconned before. And, Sentry has showings that are much, much lower than that. Why would I take what appears to be a high showing (if we assume that version of MM is at high level) as proof of power, when Sentry in many other cases has shown to only be around Thor's level?

Second, all it'd show is that Sentry has a high matter manipulation ability. This is pretty meaningless against someone who is not made of matter... at all. So since matter/energy manipulation is irrelevant to the fight, and I dont even know how powerful that version of MM is, I'm ignoring that feat. It just makes no difference to the fight with Alan.

There is also few mention of Sentry being a "God" and not just a hero, from Void and later Norman Osborne, while underwhelming it does tend to support the feat was likely genuine.

Thor is a "God". It proves nothing.

#58 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: In reference to sentry's inconsistent powers, it was clearly explained. He had no clue how his powers worked when rediscovered in New Avengers up to Dark Avengers fight with Molecule Man.

It was only after the battle with Molecule Man that Sentry learn what his powers is and started to fully understanding them before going Void.

So any low feats he has is a low feat of not understanding what the heck he is doing and nowhere near his full potential. We can further see this proof as the Sentry Mini Series before New Avengers had Sentry holding off Galactus, his Micro Verse Showings, ect.

So to refer to his low showing pre Molecule Man fight is kinda pointless. Even then the proof of Void in those battles was superior to anything sentry feats shown.

#59 Edited by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

Problem is... what exactly is the power level of that version of Molecule Man? He's been retconned before.

Molecule Man has only been retconned once, from an all powerful godlike being, to a part of cosmic cube.

All the feats mentioned of molecule man are post retcon.

There has never been a third retcon to molecule man.

Alan Scott has a whole history of showings around Hal or Kyle's level, heck they have even fought as a friendly match with both being even, so i dont see how its any different from Sentry.

Not to mention that was meant to be his ascension, of him learning more about his powers.

Also we are not talking about Sentry here, but rather when he taps into Void's power, where he showing was nearly ripping out Ultron's head when they fought when the same Ultron made a mockey out of the team of Avengers.

Not to mention Void himself has never been defeated, so there is absolutely no consistently to lean on to suggest Void has a certain power level.

Second, all it'd show is that Sentry has a high matter manipulation ability.

It shows Sentry was more powerful than Molecule Man, and that his raw power had Molecule Man helpless

So its not just high matter manipulation but better molecule manipulation powers than an incomplete cosmic cube being, who have on panel affected, space, time and reality, you name it.

Every power Starheart has, a cosmic cube being has demonstrated, in a grander scale, let alone the most powerful cosmic cube being in existence.

Its not, you are going on about how Starheart cant be hurt, Green Lantern: Heart of Darkness shows a person tapping into even a small portion of starheart can hurt it , and even beat it, something Sentry could likely have.

Secondly, neither is Molecule Man given he was shown capable of merging with Beyonder, to create a cosmic cube.

Its not like Sentry is incapable of manipulating energy, or dealing with magic, so i dont see anything to suggest he cant handle Starheart simply because its made out of pure magic.

You cant just ignore a feat because you dislike is, thats not really correct now is it.

@killemall said:

There is also few mention of Sentry being a "God" and not just a hero, from Void and later Norman Osborne, while underwhelming it does tend to support the feat was likely genuine.

Thor is a "God". It proves nothing.

Please dont quote what i have said out of context.

My point was there are various thing that suggest Void actually being more powerful than Molecule Man:

1. Given he has never actually been defeated.

2. Given the fact that his powers were compared with HOM Wanda.

3. Given the fact that the issue itself seem to keep Molecule Man as powerful as he used to be

4. He was once called a god, and i have simultaneously saying the got part it itself is underwhelming but alongside everything else it makes sense that Void was pretty damn powerful.

Thats not including how you are talking about different thing. Thor is a "god" because he has connection to Asgard, thats the first way of being a god.

As marvel has outright gone out to say, god in marvel means:

1. Beings that cant normally die of old age.

2. Uses magic.

3. Is prayed upon by human , or was prayed upon by humanity at some point.

Apart from that when a being are considered all powerful they are labelled gods as well, such as Thanos with Infinity Gauntlet, Thanos with HOTU, Nebula with Infinity Unision, Dr. Doom with the power of Beyonder, Pr Beyonder himself etc.

Its pretty clearly based on what part is Sentry/ Void being called God, its clearly not based on his heritage, but based on his abilities.

Now i am not saying the "god" label is everything, i am saying the "god" label itself actually helps substantiate other feats that power he is as powerful.

#60 Posted by beatboks1 (7535 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton:

1. I did state my opinion. I think it's borderline ( as in can go either way). what I meant by not picking was that if I chise a winner i beleive it might be the fanboy in me escalating Alan to winning the majority where logically I see it more dead even.

2. important to remember with the Eclipso feat

a. he has his own power which in darkness ( like the dark side of the moon where they fought) is pretty up there.

b. he used the starheart to steal power from Spectre. It was actually Spectre's own power used to kill him and cut the spirits from the presence. the actual feats are not JUST starheart.

Do I think the Starheart entity can do that sort of thing itself? NO. It was stated to be the "stuff of creation" ( I'll load scan when home) but I dont think it can destroy the Spectre or cut Presence off crom power source.

#61 Posted by XLR87T3 (3043 posts) - - Show Bio

The true Green Lantern shall prevail. The empty Void cannot darken his emerald light, and Alan Scott's godlike willpower can warp reality to his very liking as well as any other ability that he wills himself to have (including . GL: And I shall shed my light over dark evil, for the dark things cannot stand the light. The light of … THE GREEN LANTERN!

#62 Edited by WillPayton (9829 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton:

1. I did state my opinion. I think it's borderline ( as in can go either way). what I meant by not picking was that if I chise a winner i beleive it might be the fanboy in me escalating Alan to winning the majority where logically I see it more dead even.

2. important to remember with the Eclipso feat

a. he has his own power which in darkness ( like the dark side of the moon where they fought) is pretty up there.

b. he used the starheart to steal power from Spectre. It was actually Spectre's own power used to kill him and cut the spirits from the presence. the actual feats are not JUST starheart.

Do I think the Starheart entity can do that sort of thing itself? NO. It was stated to be the "stuff of creation" ( I'll load scan when home) but I dont think it can destroy the Spectre or cut Presence off crom power source.

All good points, but we should also consider that Eclipso alone has never (that I have seen) shown anywhere near the ability to challenge the Spectre on his own. The amp from the Starheart was SIGNIFICANT.

Also, magic trumps matter manipulation. Yes, I understand that Void has abilities to resist magic, which is why this is even a fight and not a total curbstomp. But the Starheart is magic personified, on a universal scale.

#63 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton said:

Also, magic trumps matter manipulation. Yes, I understand that Void has abilities to resist magic, which is why this is even a fight and not a total curbstomp. But the Starheart is magic personified, on a universal scale.

This is flat out wrong in every sense.

Molecule Man trumped Classic Dr. Strange and Beyonder outclass every magical being from Mephisto, to Odin, to Dormammu, to Classic Dr. Strange, ect.

Void trumped Norn Stone Loki which is pretty dang Sky Father level. Loki was simply trumped.

By your logic Zanttana can beat Galactus.

Terrible logic.

Also for the guy who made this thread, your debating pretty hard for Alan to win. If you think he wins, why bother posting the match? Wanted to just try and prove Void is weaker somehow?

#64 Posted by WillPayton (9829 posts) - - Show Bio

Also for the guy who made this thread, your debating pretty hard for Alan to win. If you think he wins, why bother posting the match? Wanted to just try and prove Void is weaker somehow?

Do I have to get your approval before posting here? No, I dont think I do.

#65 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 said:

Of course not. You just look bias as hell and wanting to start fights.

Totally your discretion. I can understand wanting to put out points of why you think it is not a stomp in Voids favore, and by no means it is, however you seem adamant Void would lose handily, and thus come of as spiteful and bias.

Just my observation.... means nothing.

#66 Posted by GhostRavage (9486 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: You don't need any approval but you just don't make threads with a winner in mind. If you had this battle going around your mind because of a friend... Do a challenge a viner and try to win the battle. If you're biased then state it in the OP.

If you make the thread open to the public, you're going to get answers you were not expecting. People here have showed some pretty good points and arguments, and you are just trying to put "your" character up there. You don't need to act like a teen rebel just because someone made an observation (which is pretty darn accurate). You shouldn't block yourself to other people opinions, ask for prove and maybe you'll receive proof... But just don't go ignoring facts and stating flat blunt arguments just to make your character win. Just sayin...

#67 Posted by WillPayton (9829 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton said:

@cadencev2 said:

Of course not. You just look bias as hell and wanting to start fights.

Totally your discretion. I can understand wanting to put out points of why you think it is not a stomp in Voids favore, and by no means it is, however you seem adamant Void would lose handily, and thus come of as spiteful and bias.

Just my observation.... means nothing.

How am I "wanting to start fights"? I posted a battle, and I'm giving my opinion with arguments. I have listened to others arguments and even changed my opinion of who'd win. I initially thought Alan would win Round 1, and then changed my mind and admitted it. How is that biased? In fact, I think it's extremely reasonable and open minded.

What specifically do you object to? Is it that I havent changed my mind about the winner of round 2? Is that how you defined "bias"... whoever doenst agree with you is biased? You say that I look like I'm trying to start a fight, but YOU are the one accusing my motivations, calling me biased, and suggesting that I made the thread out of spite. You also seem to think that I cant make a battle if I already think one character will win. Only people without opinions are allowed to create battle threads. Is that right?

Really, it looks to me that you are the one who posted simply to start a fight. But, hey, that's just my observation.

@willpayton: You don't need any approval but you just don't make threads with a winner in mind.

Oh, hey, another one who thinks that I can only start a battle thread if I have no opinion whatsoever about the outcome.

People here have showed some pretty good points and arguments, and you are just trying to put "your" character up there.

No, he's not "my" character. I'm not trying to make him win, and I really resent the two of you calling me biased and just generally personally attacking me. Is this how you handle discussions where people dont agree with you? You cant just let it go and consider that maybe the other person simply disagrees with you... no, it has to be that they are biased. Could it possibly, just possibly be that I'm not convinced by the arguments that you think are so great?

It's funny that you talk about "ignoring facts". Why are you ignoring that I think Alan will actually lose Round 1 here? Why are you ignoring that I actually did what you claim I'm not doing, I listened to the arguments from people and then changed my mind? Tell me, how am I biased if I did that?

#68 Posted by GhostRavage (9486 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: Whats this?

You are claiming Alan doesn't curbstomps because Void has some magic resistance...

Second, all it'd show is that Sentry has a high matter manipulation ability. This is pretty meaningless against someone who is not made of matter... at all. So since matter/energy manipulation is irrelevant to the fight, and I dont even know how powerful that version of MM is, I'm ignoring that feat. It just makes no difference to the fight with Alan.

You're low balling and totally ignoring that feat because you don't even know how powerful that version of MM was... Let me enlighten you a bit... It was very powerful and considered an incomplete cosmic cube... He still had matter manipulation on a extra dimensional level.

I'm going with:

Round 1: Void wins in a good fight.

Round 2: Alan beats Void down pretty decisively. Alan wins: 9.5/10

But my mind can be changed with good arguments, especially for round 1.

Edit: I changed my mind about Round 1. Previously had it for Alan. But, Alan holds himself back when not bloodlusted, and I have to admit he has enough low showings to make me think Void would win.

Here its so obvious it makes my balls go harlem shake... You're biased... you didn't even know much about Void... You are totally discarding Voids best feats... JUST to make Alan totally superior therefore to say he stomps... Because taking it 9.5/10 means stomp...

I'm just pointing out it's a hyperbolic statement, not accusing you of making it up. I've seen it before since it's in the comics, but it's just something the characters said... and I havent seen any evidence that it's true.

It is not a hyperbolic statement... Sentry indeed comes from a universe of a million suns exploding. Sentry coming from a Paradox universe makes assumption takes it place... And again, making 100% statements without knowing the character...

Sentry's fight with WWH when he wasnt holding back was hardly evidence of such power.

Sentry didn't use his full versatility... He let Hulk keep punching him because he was losing control over his "million exploding suns" while going all out. He wasn't bloodlusted either, he was fighting his friend Banner... He didn't use Void either which he's doing here...

Being above Molecule Man... I dont know how to take that other than simply inconsistent writing.

Again, low balling something Sentry SHOULD be able to do given the fact the purpose he was written in the first place. Its not inconsistent writing, it was actually something that fits the character pretty good...

But I still see most of his power coming from physical strength and matter manipulation.

Void can do that and even more... He's an intangible being, a shadowy presence we don't even know for sure his full potential... He treated MM like garbage owning him in his own field... Its doesn't mean Void's best power comes from Matter Manipulation, it could be Void mocking about MM like he always do with characters, humiliating him in his own area... He mocks at people because of their ignorance.

Starheart-possessed Alan has no atoms or any kind of matter or energy that Void can manipulate. So matter/energy manipulation will do nothing.

From where did you get this? What makes you think Magic doesn't have atoms? What makes you think Void wont be able to manipulate it? Again... Not knowing of the character yet making voided statements...

Look, there's probably more but im really tired and im going to sleep. Have a good one.

#69 Posted by beatboks1 (7535 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton:

Eclipso on his own has matched the spectre a few times. granted one was an unbound ( so weaker) Spectre and when Corrigan took back the Spectre he kicked his proverbial.

some points of context on Eclipso's power ( as it is pertinent to the feat I showed)

1. we normally only see Eclipso when a single shard of the black crystal containing his essense is involved. in other words a very small portion of the overall being.

2 it was established some time ago that Eclipso deliberately makes the world think of him as only a minor villain so he can affect and turn more souls.

3. he is more powered in any form in darkness ( dark side of the moon as good as deep void)

4. he does have some Very good showings on his own under only his power. he has defeated Phantom Stranger and was powerful enough that PS's best attack felt like nothing. he has also soloed all DC earth when he gathered a few slithers of the black crystal. he managed to take over and use as his puppet many dozens of heroes.

I wouldn't by any means right off his power level

#70 Edited by WillPayton (9829 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton:

Eclipso on his own has matched the spectre a few times. granted one was an unbound ( so weaker) Spectre and when Corrigan took back the Spectre he kicked his proverbial.

some points of context on Eclipso's power ( as it is pertinent to the feat I showed)

1. we normally only see Eclipso when a single shard of the black crystal containing his essense is involved. in other words a very small portion of the overall being.

2 it was established some time ago that Eclipso deliberately makes the world think of him as only a minor villain so he can affect and turn more souls.

3. he is more powered in any form in darkness ( dark side of the moon as good as deep void)

4. he does have some Very good showings on his own under only his power. he has defeated Phantom Stranger and was powerful enough that PS's best attack felt like nothing. he has also soloed all DC earth when he gathered a few slithers of the black crystal. he managed to take over and use as his puppet many dozens of heroes.

Ok, I didnt know some of those things. I stand corrected.

Starheart-possessed Alan has no atoms or any kind of matter or energy that Void can manipulate. So matter/energy manipulation will do nothing.

From where did you get this? What makes you think Magic doesn't have atoms? What makes you think Void wont be able to manipulate it? Again... Not knowing of the character yet making voided statements...

The Starheart is made of magical energy, aka the Green Flame, hence it's not made of atoms because atoms are matter.

He is "pure magic"

And I'm not even sure what that scan of Sentry is supposed to show. I never said he didnt come from a universe of a million exploding suns, I said that I havent seen any evidence that he has that kind of power. The scan certainly doesnt say anything about Sentry's power level.

#71 Posted by thanosii (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: @killemall: @beatboks1: @cadencev2: hey I would like credit for the Norn stone empowered Loki observation, and strange part :(

I find it pretty strange when Will argues a mute point for a character given Void has defeated the best magicians in Marvel...

But arguing against two of the current best debtors and the Starheart historian seems just odd to me

#72 Posted by Saren (25125 posts) - - Show Bio

Also Specter is a joke.

This was the Spectre voluntarily allowing Batman to hurt him. On the very next page, Batman himself is shocked at being able to hurt Spectre, and Allen tells him that he allowed Bruce to hurt him so that he'd feel better about being incapable of stopping him from killing a criminal.

And you wonder why people keep calling you out for mediocre research.

It is not a hyperbolic statement... Sentry indeed comes from a universe of a million suns exploding. Sentry coming from a Paradox universe makes assumption takes it place... And again, making 100% statements without knowing the character...

Age of Sentry is not canon, the entire story was a bedtime tale between Reed and Franklin. Perhaps you should do some research on a character before claiming other people do not know anything about the character.

#73 Posted by Cooldes (4192 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanosii: I think Will might just have his mind already made up on this one.

you, killemall, and cadence have shown some excellent points and given proof to back your logic but i think our friend here has already decided who wins in his thread

#74 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenbane: At the same time Bane I really do not care about DC since DC kinda is a Bore to me. I let people with knowledge on DC explain why I am wrong on their characters.

I rather do my research on Dark Horse and Marvel.

#75 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12418 posts) - - Show Bio

such a lulzy thread....so much lulz to be had here

#76 Posted by Saren (25125 posts) - - Show Bio

Not even touching this.

#77 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 said:

Not even touching this.

Which is why you already have. Thanks for the info on Specter.

#78 Edited by spiderbuck (2452 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: who is that entity what is the story behind this version of Sentry's origin? Thanks in advance.

#79 Edited by WillPayton (9829 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes said:

@thanosii: I think Will might just have his mind already made up on this one.

you, killemall, and cadence have shown some excellent points and given proof to back your logic but i think our friend here has already decided who wins in his thread

I make up my mind based on evidence and arguments. I've seen good arguments for Void winning round 2, but I'm not convinced that he does.

@thanosii said:

I find it pretty strange when Will argues a mute point for a character given Void has defeated the best magicians in Marvel...

Alan has also defeated the best magicians in DC, easily mind controlled people like Dr Fate, Obsidian, and Miss Martian, and is by definition a universal-level magical powerhouse. He is literally made of the magic from an entire universe.

@thanosii said:

But arguing against two of the current best debtors and the Starheart historian seems just odd to me

Why is it odd? Am I only allowed to have opinions that are the same as other people??? I find your statement odd. Also, beatboks1 has not even said that he thinks Alan loses round 2, he's simply abstaining from choosing.

#80 Posted by thanosii (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: still the general consensus agrees he loses and your argument was void can't fight magical beings which is untrue as he has and always won

#81 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

The void crushes him in both, if u go by feats the void has better feats, Alan Scott really doesn't even have a way to beat the void, and Alan still has a weakness to wood

#82 Posted by WillPayton (9829 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanosii said:

@willpayton: still the general consensus agrees he loses and your argument was void can't fight magical beings which is untrue as he has and always won

I agreed that he has a way to fight magical beings, I simply think he'd lose.

The void crushes him in both, if u go by feats the void has better feats, Alan Scott really doesn't even have a way to beat the void, and Alan still has a weakness to wood

<sigh>

It was already pointed out at least a couple of times on this thread that Alan has no weakness to wood.

#83 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

What is Alan Scott's best feat, supposedly soloing DC earth but, with most of there heavy hitters missing, and he had the full starheart. Void soloed marvel earth with all there heavy hitters, they could do nothing to him plus the fact that he stands up to sky fathers on the regular, so yea, I'd say Alan Scott gets crushed.

#84 Posted by WillPayton (9829 posts) - - Show Bio

What is Alan Scott's best feat, supposedly soloing DC earth but, with most of there heavy hitters missing, and he had the full starheart. Void soloed marvel earth with all there heavy hitters, they could do nothing to him plus the fact that he stands up to sky fathers on the regular, so yea, I'd say Alan Scott gets crushed.

Solo'ing DC Earth is quite a feat especially when you consider how he did it. Even without some of the top-tier characters like Superman and Martian Manhunter, Alan still easily took on people like Mordru, Dr Fate, Obsidian, Captain Atom, Green Lantern, Supergirl, Power Girl, Miss Martian, Jay Garrick, and many others. At the same time he was causing major city-destroying disasters throughout the world, mind-controlling and giving ordinary people super-powers like gravity control,... all of it remotely from the Moon and teleporting around as he pleased.

He was able to accelerate a whole world in time until it was destroyed, and this was just regular Alan w/o bloodlust or full Starheart power. He could open and close dimensional rifts that threatened thousands of universes. He could go toe to toe with Mordru, a Lord of Chaos. Again, without the full Starheart, he created a magical energy blast that dwarfed the Earth. He faced off against Neron and his armies in Hell to save his wife's soul.

Those are the ones I remember off the top of my head. If you want more, ask @beatboks1 and he might help us out with feats and scans if he has time. He's the expert, not me.

I'm not trying to low-ball Void, because I know he's extremely powerful and versatile. But people trying to say that Alan gets curbstomped or "gets crushed" here is simply ridiculous.

#85 Edited by beatboks1 (7535 posts) - - Show Bio

@moonman78:

o_O.

that wasnt his best feat and the heavy hitters weren't missing anyway. There are several feats of his that are better.

#86 Edited by GhostRavage (9486 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 said:

Also Specter is a joke.

This was the Spectre voluntarily allowing Batman to hurt him. On the very next page, Batman himself is shocked at being able to hurt Spectre, and Allen tells him that he allowed Bruce to hurt him so that he'd feel better about being incapable of stopping him from killing a criminal.

And you wonder why people keep calling you out for mediocre research.

@ghostravage said:

Age of Sentry is not canon, the entire story was a bedtime tale between Reed and Franklin. Perhaps you should do some research on a character before claiming other people do not know anything about the character.

So what its not canon? Are they lying just because its not canon? This scan can be used for reference of what is told about the character... From the very beginning it was stated Sentry has the power of a Million Exploding Suns... I don't know why we should discard that scan just because its not canon. Its just the graphic representation of what is told about him...

I know Sentry, i have sufficient knowledge to notice when someone has less knowledge than me or just don't know anything at all... I've never said im an expert in Sentry, i just have some knowledge about him. So perhaps you should notice im not an expert but atleast know some stuff about him.

@ghostravage: who is that entity what is the story behind this version of Sentry's origin? Thanks in advance.

His name is Destroyer Darkmass.

@beatboks1 said:

@willpayton:

Ok, I didnt know some of those things. I stand corrected.

@ghostravage said:

The Starheart is made of magical energy, aka the Green Flame, hence it's not made of atoms because atoms are matter.

He is "pure magic"

And I'm not even sure what that scan of Sentry is supposed to show. I never said he didnt come from a universe of a million exploding suns, I said that I havent seen any evidence that he has that kind of power. The scan certainly doesnt say anything about Sentry's power level.

So what he is pure magical energy? That doesn't mean he doesn't have atoms... In that scan no one is saying he doesn't have atoms... It would be even more impressive if that guy said "My examination says you don't have atoms!" rather than "You're a magical being"...

Also, it doesn't need to say anything at all about Sentry's power lvl... I just posted the scan just to show there is graphic proof of the infamous "Sentry has the power of a Million exploding suns"

#87 Posted by GhostRider2 (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

Void both rounds

#88 Posted by WillPayton (9829 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage said:

@citizenbane said:
@ghostravage said:

So what its not canon? Are they lying just because its not canon? This scan can be used for reference of what is told about the character... From the very beginning it was stated Sentry has the power of a Million Exploding Suns... I don't know why we should discard that scan just because its not canon. Its just the graphic representation of what is told about him...

If it's not canon then it's not canon. Who said anything about "lying"? You cant use scans or feats from non-canon sources.

@ghostravage said:

So what he is pure magical energy? That doesn't mean he doesn't have atoms... In that scan no one is saying he doesn't have atoms... It would be even more impressive if that guy said "My examination says you don't have atoms!" rather than "You're a magical being"...

I dont understand the confusion. He's "pure" magical energy. That means 100% magical energy. Atoms, molecules, and subatomic particles are matter. Hence he is not made of atoms, not even a little.

Also, it doesn't need to say anything at all about Sentry's power lvl... I just posted the scan just to show there is graphic proof of the infamous "Sentry has the power of a Million exploding suns"

Except the scan you posted didnt say anything about having the power of a million exploding suns, it just said he comes from a universe of a million exploding suns. That's like me saying that "I come from the Milky Way galaxy" and you thinking that means that I said that "I have the power of the Milky Way galaxy". Those are completely different things.

#89 Posted by GhostRavage (9486 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: So let me get this straight... Alan Scott is not a host? I can guess he still have atoms. But the Starheart itself its energy. Im getting confuse. @beatboks1 can you explain please?

#90 Edited by WillPayton (9829 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage said:

@willpayton: So let me get this straight... Alan Scott is not a host? I can guess he still have atoms. But the Starheart itself its energy. Im getting confuse. @beatboks1 can you explain please?

I'm sure beatboks1 can do a better job of explaining, but, correct... Alan is not a host. He's not human at all, he's just made of the Green Flame (Starheart) magic energy. He uses his willpower to keep it under control, which is why he normally only uses a small fraction of its power. But when he's bloodlusted it takes him over completely and it's just the Starheart entity in full control, using its full power.

Since he's made of pure magic, his "body"... what we see... is just a construct. It can look old, young, or any way he wants. If you cut off his arm, he can just "grow" a new one. It only depends on how Alan feels about it. If he subconsciously feels old, he looks old. If he feels young, he looks young.

#91 Posted by TDK_1997 (15110 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage said:

Well nobody is lying but it's just a made-up story by Reed.And non cannon feats can't be used.

#92 Edited by spiderbuck (2452 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderbuck said:

His name is Destroyer Darkmass.

---

Good looking out, thanks!!

@killemall said:

@spiderbuck: i agree, while i would take it as Void perhaps winning given his performance i can understand people thinking otherwise though. But yeah if Alex Ross draws it, Jim Starlin paints it (i love his use of bright colors and stuffs), Jonathan Hickman or Peter Davis writers the dialogue, i would totally have nerdgasm :p

My pull box would +1 with the quickness

#93 Posted by Saren (25125 posts) - - Show Bio

I know Sentry, i have sufficient knowledge to notice when someone has less knowledge than me or just don't know anything at all... I've never said im an expert in Sentry, i just have some knowledge about him. So perhaps you should notice im not an expert but atleast know some stuff about him.

Do you need instruction regarding canon? If it's not canon, it never happened and it can't be used. It's as simple as that. There is no graphic proof of Sentry's hyperbole beyond a made-up bedtime story between a father and son. What you feel about it is irrelevant.

#94 Edited by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton said:

No. Destroying some atoms in the Microverse is not the same as destroying planets in the real universe. If you cant understand that then there's no point in arguing.

I already told you. The Microverses are something exclusive to the Marvel comics. They appeared first in the Fantastic Four, if I remember correctly. Doctor Doom went there to be thei ruler and the FF followed him to stop in. Microverses are so tiny that atoms are planets there and on them there are entire civilizations, which Doctor Doom wanted to rule them. Photon and Sentry were fighting there.

Destroying planets is always a questionable feat. How big was the planet that got destroyed by Gladiator? How big was the planet that got destroyed by Binary? How big was the planet that got destroyed by Hulk and Red She-Hulk? How big were the planets that got destroyed by Sentry and Photon, while they were still holding back? Not even the writer can tell you that, but they still have these feats, which put them above planet busters. And if you see energy expanding even beynod simple planetary scale, then you can start assuming stuff if the pictures show you certain things and Sentry's energy leaving the Microverse is certainly interesting.

@willpayton said:

He is "pure magic"

Just some food for the thoughts: The Norn stones were pure magic as well. They were capable of empowering beings greatly by giving them reality warping powers. Loki fired a direct magical blast at Void, who basically ignored it and eradicated Loki and the Norn stones with one attack. Void ignored Mjolnir attacks in the past. A Void amped Sentry ignored Thor's attacks. Are you really that sure that Alan can magically beat the crap out of the Void, while ignoring everything Void throws at him?

#96 Posted by WillPayton (9829 posts) - - Show Bio

Still going with Alan for the win in round 2.

#97 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (7084 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry.

#98 Posted by CyborgZod (155 posts) - - Show Bio

Alan Scott

#99 Posted by WillPayton (9829 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#100 Posted by XiiX (9474 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1. Void

Round 2. Leaning towards Alan Scott