#1 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Shattered007 (1422 posts) - - Show Bio

Even though Scott could shield himself from TP, Martian has already phased through constructs before, there isn't anything Alan can do to stop MM from ripping his heart out

#3 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shattered007: This is in character, Manhunter would do no such thing to Scott.
#4 Posted by Shattered007 (1422 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoops, I only saw the CIS PIS off

#5 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Alan has the chance to win this he has faced and defeated speedsters and characters with the ability to phase in the past he was the only JSA member capable of hurting KC Superman when he came to New Earth as well was able to drag Mordru to his feet so I think Alan has a good chance at winning if he keeps on his toes and keeps his imagination up. Though I would not be surprised is J'onn could pull out a win with his menagerie of abilities but current votes on Alan

#6 Posted by beatboks1 (7417 posts) - - Show Bio

First let me state I'm a HUGE Alan Scot fan (so I may be a little biased.
I would say this is one match that could go either way. Of all The GL's Alan has gotten around his weakness the most (he's usually only beaten by wood when surprised from behind or unexpected. He usually does this by using the Starheart energy to change or effect himself (which is actually the reason why he ceased to need the ring/Lantern due to constantly internalizing the power). I say if he sees the attack coming he uses the starheart energy to increase his molecular density (impervious and muscle for strength), to put himself on a more level playing field. If MM gets a surprise attack it goes to Jonn.

#7 Posted by lagoon_boy (10962 posts) - - Show Bio
@beatboks1:  I don't have a Ton of Knowledge of Alan Scott, But this Battle Seems to be very close don't you think?
#8 Posted by beatboks1 (7417 posts) - - Show Bio
@lagoon_boy said:
" @beatboks1:  I don't have a Ton of Knowledge of Alan Scott, But this Battle Seems to be very close don't you think? "
With out a doubt one of the closest VS' I've seen on any forum.
#9 Posted by lagoon_boy (10962 posts) - - Show Bio
@beatboks1:  Indeed, but i choose quite the opposite, Though The Specific Rules of the OP that the morals apply, Martian Manhunter Might Use a Speed Blitz, if he gets outclassed Early.
#10 Posted by King Saturn (224811 posts) - - Show Bio
Alan Scott could beat MM here
#11 Posted by Sexy Merc (42076 posts) - - Show Bio

How has this not been done before. Nice thread man. I think I'll wait before posting.
#12 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:
" How has this not been done before. Nice thread man. I think I'll wait before posting. "
Thanks, I appreciate it..I'm trying to bring more JSA into the battle forums.
#13 Posted by courtney12490 (3477 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:
" How has this not been done before. Nice thread man. I think I'll wait before posting. "
I think with some battles everybody assumes that they've already been done, even if they haven't. Also, this one had specific circumstances, so it wouldn't really count as the same battle. 

@geraldthesloth said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
Thanks, I appreciate it..I'm trying to bring more JSA into the battle forums. "
Yay!
#14 Posted by GreenLantern555 (2218 posts) - - Show Bio

Alan Scott is one of the most powerful beings in the DCU. He can shoot concussive force like ice or fire. He can phase through solid material, he can replicate any other being's power (like the Flash's speed, or Imperiex's strength, or Aqualads hydrokinesis theoretically). He is not portrayed to his full capabilities, but he is pretty sweet.
#15 Posted by velle37 (6060 posts) - - Show Bio
@GreenLantern555 said:
"Alan Scott is one of the most powerful beings in the DCU. He can shoot concussive force like ice or fire. He can phase through solid material, he can replicate any other being's power (like the Flash's speed, or Imperiex's strength, or Aqualads hydrokinesis theoretically). He is not portrayed to his full capabilities, but he is pretty sweet. "

Hilarious! You read my post about this didn't you?

As for this thread in general, bravo, i agree with the other posters above me, this is one of the best matches i've seen. Both of these characters are incredibly powerful, and some think stronger than superman (Superman fears MM himself). 

Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery close match. I'm undecided, and tempted to make it a draw.......... 

i'll come back later maybe.....
#16 Edited by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio

this is a tough one to call here, where is vuviper? he may have some good points to add to this battle

#17 Posted by GreenLantern555 (2218 posts) - - Show Bio
@velle37 said:
" @GreenLantern555 said:
"Alan Scott is one of the most powerful beings in the DCU. He can shoot concussive force like ice or fire. He can phase through solid material, he can replicate any other being's power (like the Flash's speed, or Imperiex's strength, or Aqualads hydrokinesis theoretically). He is not portrayed to his full capabilities, but he is pretty sweet. "
Hilarious! You read my post about this didn't you?  As for this thread in general, bravo, i agree with the other posters above me, this is one of the best matches i've seen. Both of these characters are incredibly powerful, and some think stronger than superman (Superman fears MM himself).  Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery close match. I'm undecided, and tempted to make it a draw..........  i'll come back later maybe..... "
HAHAHA! I was going to quote it from you, but I thought "I really hope he notices it and it makes him feel good about his input." Haha!
#18 Posted by WillPayton (9720 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with Alan in a tough fight here.

#19 Posted by XxGin (1412 posts) - - Show Bio

Alan

#20 Posted by Kingant27 (7075 posts) - - Show Bio

Alan Scott

#21 Posted by WillPayton (9720 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#22 Posted by reaverlation (16999 posts) - - Show Bio

Noticed it's in character. So J'onn

#23 Posted by Baron_von_Santa (4479 posts) - - Show Bio

John will (might) have a hard time TPing because Alan can do that himself too.