willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By willpayton

...VS...

Alan Scott versus a Guardian of the Universe. Both in character, morals on, but highly motivated and fighting to win.

MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MenaceForever2

Guardian

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By beatboks1

Considering when Krona possessed the body of Alan back in Green Lantern v2 # 40 he defeated ALL the Guardians (well he immobilized them while he fought and defeated Hal) . Also considering that that was well before the power ups and up grades of the Starheart. I'd Say Alan is in with a shot here against a single Guardian. Now there was the fact that Krona's will played a big part in that feat, but Alan has much better will feats since then as well. IMO it depends a little on "which" Guardian. If it's Ganthet or Appa Ali Apsa then no the others he has a chance to beat.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By blackadamFTW

Alan certainly has a shot. I just might have to go with him.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By beatboks1

OK I just found the issue. My memory isn't as good as I thought. But here are the scans

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

So it was actually Krona in Alan's body who over powered and controlled the Guardians. Krona defeated all the Guardians and was then defeated by the combined will of Alan and Hal. I hate ABC logic, but since Hal and Alan together can defeat a single Oan/Multan who can beat all the others than it's not too much of a stretch to believe either of them can beat a single Oan/Multan. Like I said except Appa (who it took all the rest of the Guardians and the GL cors to defeat after Mosaic) or Ganthet when he was the vessel of ALL the power of all the Guardians.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By dernman

Can he? *shrugs* Haven't thought about it. Should he? No

spawn_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By spawn_123

@menaceforever said:

Guardian
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By willpayton

@Dernman said:

Why "shouldnt" he?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dernman
@WillPayton said:

@Dernman said:

Why "shouldnt" he?

Guardians are ancient beings and they should be above the abilities of Humans. 
That's how I see it should be.Can he actually do it though? Again haven't given it much thought. Maybe I mean IIRC Hal did so even though I consider it PIS.
beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By beatboks1

@Dernman said:

@WillPayton said:

@Dernman said:

Why "shouldnt" he?

Guardians are ancient beings and they should be above the abilities of Humans. That's how I see it should be.Can he actually do it though? Again haven't given it much thought. Maybe I mean IIRC Hal did so even though I consider it PIS.

Yes but the Guardians have their "power source" ( the collective will power of the universe- which they share with each other and nearly 3000 Green lanterns ) while Alan's source is ALL the magic that was present in their universe when they collected it. Plus that source of power has grown. due the fact that the starheart resided in it's own dimension for a while and increased it's power substantially. His power source is only shared with his daughter and partly his son.

Besides which he hasn't been "human" for a few decades. he's a living manifestation of that magic, who forms what he is from his own belief of what that is.

The way I see it, the source of the Guardians power is probably greater but as it's shared to a lot more, the amount that each one wields of it would be less or equal than/to Alan of the Starheart (with the exceptions I've noted).

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dernman
@beatboks1: The Guardians have two power source. Yes the battery but they can generate it from within also separate from the source they shared. It was only in recent comics that suggested they also shared a source. Also they have millenia of experience. It's debatable that Alan is human but he still has a human mind. Also until reacently he only had a small portion of the star heart and when he did get the full of it he has to take every second to remain in control. 

Don't forget it was the Guardians who originally sent the Starheart to Earth by separating it from their power source of they consider impurities. Although that may have been retconned. Either way it's not unreasonable to assume they also could assume some form of control of that energy. 

Regardless this is all opinion on who should be made more powerful. Not on who actually is more powerful.