#1 Edited by WillPayton (9823 posts) - - Show Bio

Alan Scott vs Classic Dr Strange

vs

Random encounter, bloodlusted. Alan is pre-52 and has full power of Starheart. Dr Strange is classic version. No BFR. Win by KO, death, or permanent incapacitation.

Who wins?

#2 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8869 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic strange would win.

#3 Posted by Sethlol (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange.

#4 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sethlol said:

Strange.

@Crom-Cruach

said:

Really? Why?

#5 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5326 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Strange

#6 Edited by ToO_RaW (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@Sethlol said:

Strange.

@Crom-Cruach

said:

Really? Why?

Classic Strange can be Galactus level at his full potential.

#7 Posted by Ddecourt (803 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange.

#8 Posted by TheSecondOpinion (614 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Alan against Magneto would be more intresting. You need bigger guys to face Strange like In-Betweener or someone like that.

#9 Posted by WillPayton (9823 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSecondOpinion said:

I think Alan against Magneto would be more intresting. You need bigger guys to face Strange like In-Betweener or someone like that.

Not even close to interesting. Alan Scott, even at normal power levels would crush Magneto. Any Earth GL would crush Magneto, and Alan is more powerful than they are.

Alan Scott at full power is a universal-level threat.

#10 Posted by dondave (38895 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton:The same can be said for Classic Dr Strange

#11 Posted by TheSecondOpinion (614 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton: I honestly don't see how any Green lantern's light contructs could effect a non-jobbered Magneto. Light is electromagnetism. But anyway, we can save that for another time. Dr. Strange is Marvel's protector of the Multiverse. He was the 1st character in Marvel whose sole purpose was to defend the multiverse from outside sources.

#12 Posted by beautifulrevery (1521 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Strange stomps horribly. Starheart Scott is really powerful but I don't see him in Strange's league

#13 Posted by WillPayton (9823 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSecondOpinion said:

@WillPayton: I honestly don't see how any Green lantern's light contructs could effect a non-jobbered Magneto. Light is electromagnetism. But anyway, we can save that for another time. Dr. Strange is Marvel's protector of the Multiverse. He was the 1st character in Marvel whose sole purpose was to defend the multiverse from outside sources.

It's not known what GL constructs are made of. But, they are not simply made out of light. And as far as controlling EM radiation, GLs can emit and absorb EM radiation, as well as matter manipulation and many other powers that dwarf Magneto.

In any case, Alan is not a normal GL. His power comes from magic. In fact, he is entirely magical in nature. He was able to (easily) solo DC Earth's heroes, while mind controlling other heroes and villains, and endowing other regular humans with powers to fight on his behalf.

#14 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12392 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by WillPayton (9823 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@WillPayton: I'm pretty sure this has been done.....

Alan Scott vs Dr. Strange - Comic Vine

That battle is between "peak level" Alan Scott vs Dr Strange, while this one is between both bloodlusted and Alan is fully consumed by the Starheart.

: any opinions on this battle?

#16 Posted by Needlebay (1967 posts) - - Show Bio

Toss up.

#17 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott ftw

#18 Posted by spiderbuck (2452 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

@TheSecondOpinion said:

Not even close to interesting. Alan Scott, even at normal power levels would crush Magneto. Any Earth GL would crush Magneto, and Alan is more powerful than they are.

I was a little surprised to see Alan Scott being manhandled in the SG and PG v Avengers thread.

Still, as far as this thread, Dr. Strange in a stomp, I think that's pretty clear at this point.

How do people think Alan Scott would match up with current Dr. Strange? If IIRC, he's the Sorcerer Supreme again, but still far from Classic levels.

#19 Posted by NeonGameWave (9141 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Strange wins after a good battle.

#20 Posted by beatboks1 (7531 posts) - - Show Bio

Since I posted in the other thread, we have seen for a second time Alan being cut off from the power of the starheart. The second time was by eclipso using the power of Shade to control Jade. the first time was by Mordru. Classic Strange would be every bit as capable of severing the link and making Alan weaker, ergo earning the win. Without that plot it would be a hard battle to call. bunClassic Strange ( like Fate) had plot work for him a lot

#21 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@beatboks1 said:
Since I posted in the other thread, we have seen for a second time Alan being cut off from the power of the starheart. The second time was by eclipso using the power of Shade to control Jade. the first time was by Mordru. Classic Strange would be every bit as capable of severing the link and making Alan weaker, ergo earning the win. Without that plot it would be a hard battle to call. bunClassic Strange ( like Fate) had plot work for him a lot
IMO best answer to this moment in this thread.
IDK why people are bringing Magneto, JLA, GLs or other beings that has nothing similar with Strange (or Alan) here.
#22 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@ToO_RaW said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Sethlol said:

Strange.

@Crom-Cruach

said:

Really? Why?

Classic Strange can be Galactus level at his full potential.

Really now?

@WillPayton said:

@TheSecondOpinion said:

Guy Guardner would lose to Magneto.

#23 Posted by WillPayton (9823 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 said:

Indeed, some characters benefit a lot from PIS, WIS, and plot.

From in another thread:

Alan Scott is considered likely more powerful than all 3(top) earth Green Lanterns combined, and is a noted reality warper/energy manipulator. Wielding the Starheart, he's restrained the likes of Mordru, who's at least a skyfather-level threat

Restraining Kyle Rayner(after he'd just recently charged his ring)

Here Obsidian has became an entity that engulfs the whole planet with shadows and darkness. Alan destroys Obsidian with one PLANET SIZED blast, and takes all the shadows away.