Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By willpayton

...VS...

Dr Fate
is the most powerful version... Nabu I think.Alan Scott with the full power of the Starheart.

Both bloodlusted, no prep, no holding back. Battle in space.

Moon_Bat_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Moon_Bat_87

Just for clarification, when you say they are in space, is it empty space? Can they travel through solar systems?

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jayfournines

Wasn't Fate the one who took control of Alan when he went all nutty?

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By willpayton

@Moon_Bat_87 said:

Just for clarification, when you say they are in space, is it empty space? Can they travel through solar systems?

Why would that matter?

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By beatboks1

Alan was the one who took control of Fate when he wnt all "nutty", however that was Kent V Fate ( far fom most powerful). Classic Fate would be the most powerful ( his showings against spectre are equal if not better than Nabu). of Classic fale his most powerul time was when he merged with his wife Inza to battle an alliance between a Lord of Order and a Lord of Chaos ( Ynar and Vandeamon in immortal Dr Fate mini 1985 - last iss IIRC). I would say that version of Fate might just edge Alan with the full starheart out. The two Lords showed to be ( together) Classic Mordru level ( who even Classic Fate could not match in JLA/ JSA/ LOSH cross over) and Fate won. Alan has beaten modern Mordru but his levels are well below classic. nice battle ( especially for me since Alan and Fate are 2 of my 3 fav characters)

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Killemall

Classic Fate should win, its magic vs magic and thats Fate's department.

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By greenteaforme

Isn't the Starheart the accumulation of all the former magic in the universe?

This would mean he has much more magical power at his disposal than anyone else in the universe, including Fate.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By willpayton

@greenteaforme said:

I believe that's correct.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Killemall

@greenteaforme said:

This would mean he has much more magical power at his disposal than anyone else in the universe, including Fate.

Its not really the accumutation of all formal magic, its more like the magic that Guardians could find. No reason to believe they fought all the magic in the universe.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By beatboks1

@Killemall: @WillPayton:

@greenteaforme said:

The Starheart was all the magic or "chaotic" energy that the Guardians could find within the Earth 1 universe when they collected it (pre COIE they expelled it into the E-2 universe in a star). They clearly didn't collect all magic or mages from early DCU history like Arion etc would not have existed (he and several others were E-1). Fate get's his power from both the Lords of Order (through the Helm of Nabu and the cloak of destiny) and Chaos (through the amulet of Anubis which was from the Lord of Chaos Osiris).

The Lords of Order and Chaos in pre COIE history and just after were stated to have been created to bring about creation. The energy that cause creation ( or in DCU retconned history the God wave) was generated by the battle between them. Since the creation of the DCU created originally multiple universes. That in and of itself would indicate that there is a much greater magical power available to Fate than Alan.

The version of Fate I mentioned merged with his wife Inza to also attain the power of the human spirit both man and woman. As it was shown several times throughout the history of DCU magic this is a highly powerful source. The Gray man for example drew incredible power form the dreams of men enough to challenge ALL the Lords of Order in their own realm. Inza Nelson when she performed the role of Fate drew on the power of humans hear a dead body to bring them back to life, when she was denied her power by the Lord of Chaos who gave it to her she again received enough power from the faith and belief of the humans in her part of NY that she could defeat the Lord of Chaos. When Phantom Stranger was depowered for choosing to ignore his role and actually intercede he was repowered by the faith of those humans watching him oppose a high level demon seeking to destroy earth and bring hell to this realm he received his power back and defeated him. I could list dozens of other examples but as a case in point all DCU god's receive their power from worship, that's why the Greek pantheon created the amazons so that they would continue to have power when the Greeks lost faith ( it was the wisdom of Athena that gave them the reason to do so). In short that is also QUITE powerful.

All in all there is plenty to show Fate to be the more powerful with a LOT more feats to back it up.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By blackadamFTW

Classic Fate should win.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jeanroygrant

BUMP.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jayfournines

gonna have to go with Classic Fate, Beatboks1 gave a great explanation.

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fate wins

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Silver Age Kent Nelson vs Full Starheart Alan Scott? I'm thinking Kent ftw. Alan was no joke probably Odin level but then I'd Kent was Galactus level in comparason.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've always seen Classic Fate to be a vastly powerful character; and while Full Starheart Alan is an impressive beast, I think Kent and his crazy Silver Age feats help him surpass Alan.

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr. Fate FTW

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Silver Age Dr. Fate wins.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can anyone make a case for Starheart Alan Scott?

MrStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MrStranger

@supermanwithatan01: I can't imagine so.

His showings are too limited(not to mention unimpressive in comparison the opposition here).

mrtrickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

so this is basically starheart vs nabu

nabu wins, starheart is ridiculous himself too just not nabu level

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points