#1 Edited by WillPayton (9158 posts) - - Show Bio

Alan Scott vs Darkseid

vs

Both in character, but fighting to win. No BFR, win by death. No prep. Both know who the other is and what they're capable of.

Both characters standard post-crisis pre-flashpoint versions.

Who wins?

#2 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2773 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid.

I.A.T.

#3 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

darkseid curbstomps effortlessly

#4 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

If Alan is in character, than Darkseid might win.

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

No he doesn't.

#5 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid

#6 Posted by CrimsonCake (2668 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm leaning towards Darkseid.

#7 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid in a tought fight, Alan isn't going down easily........

#8 Posted by beatboks1 (6992 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW said:

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

No he doesn't.

this. Dakseid would win in a tough battle. I can see Alan taking 3 or 4 out of 10.

Darkseid has defeated Dr Fate in straight up fights (Fate won only by plot) and has dictated terms to the Lords of Order and Chaos. Alan has defeated Mordru (the most powerful LOC) who I doubt would be so easily dictated to by DS. Mordru at his most powerful (30th Century enemy of LOSH) is at or above DS level, but this wasn't the level he was at when Alan defeated him. Alan stands a better chance against DS one on one than most but would still loose the majority.

#9 Posted by King Saturn (223812 posts) - - Show Bio
Darkseid defeats Green Lantern Alan Scott in a good battle... 
#10 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19912 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid in a long.. long.. battle..

#11 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11785 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 said:

@blackadamFTW said:

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

No he doesn't.

this. Dakseid would win in a tough battle. I can see Alan taking 3 or 4 out of 10.

Darkseid has defeated Dr Fate in straight up fights (Fate won only by plot) and has dictated terms to the Lords of Order and Chaos. Alan has defeated Mordru (the most powerful LOC) who I doubt would be so easily dictated to by DS. Mordru at his most powerful (30th Century enemy of LOSH) is at or above DS level, but this wasn't the level he was at when Alan defeated him. Alan stands a better chance against DS one on one than most but would still loose the majority.

you do know that LoSH Darkseid in GDS kicked Mordu's ass right .......

#12 Posted by beatboks1 (6992 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

you do know that LoSH Darkseid in GDS kicked Mordu's ass right .......

You do know the Mordru I'm talking about was pre COIE who was more powerful than pre COIE DS who soloed the combined SA JLA/JSA/LOSH and could do anything right? I said AT HIS MOST POWERFUL, at that level DS would be skrewed against him. DS at PC versions was at the level of Time trapper and both were below PC Mordru, who used the SA versions of ultra high powered characters as puppets and play things.

In the first scan he easily dispatches CLASSIC Fate (who was at classic Strange levels - multversal reality warper) In the second the Superman who could toe a dozen planets and sneeze away a galaxy can't even budge him with a blow.

I also said he wasn't at that level, he was however more powerful than any DS has faced when Alan defeated him.

I conceded DS wins the majority but he's never faced anyone on Alan's level before, Alan only ever looses to plot (and not for long). He's defeated Neron (in character), soloed all of Hell (in character), and defeated god's that could defeat many heroes (in character). he affected multiple universes (in character), and has battles and contained the starheart for decades (which is only ALL the evil magic gathered by the guardians at the dawn of time throughout the universe). he has complete control over time and is basically at Silver surfer level (most powerful).

DS will win but he's going to have to work damn hard for that win, it's NO STOMP.

#13 Posted by XMen1963 (484 posts) - - Show Bio

Alan Scott would win. I can't imagine Post-Crisis Darksied beating the Almighty Alan Scott.

#14 Posted by WillPayton (9158 posts) - - Show Bio

Even if Alan loses here, it'd be one heck of a fight (IMO). Alan is one of a few people in DC that can go one on one with DS and have a chance of winning without PIS.

#15 Posted by chriconz123 (582 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

Even if Alan loses here, it'd be one heck of a fight (IMO). Alan is one of a few people in DC that can go one on one with DS and have a chance of winning without PIS.

#16 Posted by Ston3face (86 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid easy-peezy.

#17 Posted by JediXMan (29560 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid.

#18 Posted by Killemall (18257 posts) - - Show Bio

@chriconz123 said:

@WillPayton said:

This.

Had this been morals off i would personally be voting for Alan Scott, unbound starheart is a beast.

#19 Posted by beatboks1 (6992 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton @killemall I agree. Alan of all DC characters stands by far the best chance in a one on one with DS. the reason I see him not winning the majority is that even Spectre couldnt kill DS because he is needed. since BFR isnt allowed by OP and the win condition is death that sort of makes it hard for Alan to win. of course since Alan is also pure magic energy and his personal perception determines how he is and feels. its alsk damn tough to kill him, but since tecnically all he has to do is beleive he's been killed to die it is possible

#20 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

darkside. its a stomp if darkside has wood.

#21 Posted by terry2012 (4776 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: Do you have scans of Dr. Fate vs Darkside?

#22 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid.

#23 Posted by beatboks1 (6992 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

If it was before 1982 when Alan had a weakness to wood yes. Since he hasn't had such since the sentinel upgrade NO.

Do try to keep up with the times.

#24 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 said:

@KainScion said:

If it was before 1982 when Alan had a weakness to wood yes. Since he hasn't had such since the sentinel upgrade NO.

Do try to keep up with the times.

Also, why the hell would Darkseid have any wood? :P

#25 Edited by beatboks1 (6992 posts) - - Show Bio

@terry2012 said:

@beatboks1: Do you have scans of Dr. Fate vs Darkside?

Here is DS telling teh high and mighty forces of Order and Chaos how it will be and them being his lap dogs.

here is the two issue battle of DS dominating not one but two Dr fates. They only won with plot in the end by spreading their love for each other with their magic making DS show mercy. It took everything they had to defeat a group of his parrademons after being trounced by him.

IIRC it was later retconned that it wasn't really DS that kicked the @$$ but one of his dopplegangers. or would be better to set that one straight.

#26 Posted by terry2012 (4776 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: Thanks for the scans

#27 Posted by thegreat4u (350 posts) - - Show Bio

I think darksieds got this

#28 Posted by Theraclese (100 posts) - - Show Bio

I go with Darkseid, Alan has alot of techniques that could help him evade, but offensively i don't think he can really harm DS, and DS will certainly pick up on the potential danger of the green flame quickly, so he won't mess around. Not to mention that the omega effect erases anything and everything, so any construct Alan conceives is pretty much just a shield to hold back DS until his energy depletes.

#29 Posted by CyborgZod (147 posts) - - Show Bio

leaning towards Alan Scott in a close fight

#30 Posted by batmannflash (6189 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid

#31 Edited by RetconCrisis (3339 posts) - - Show Bio

Alan Scott doesn't normally kill (unlike Hal or Kyle Post-SCW), so I'll lean towards Darkseid.

#32 Posted by wederdire (77 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid in a helluva fight. If Darkseid has wooden amor though...

#33 Edited by XiiX (7426 posts) - - Show Bio

@wederdire:Wood hasn't been a weakness of his for years.

Alan Scott wins.

#34 Posted by dondave (34429 posts) - - Show Bio

@xiix said:

@wederdire:Wood hasn't been a weakness of his for years.

Alan Scott wins.

It is.

#35 Posted by wederdire (77 posts) - - Show Bio

@xiix: This is classic Alan, yes the ring doesn't work on wood. N52 Alan, that's another story.

#36 Posted by WillPayton (9158 posts) - - Show Bio

@xiix: This is classic Alan, yes the ring doesn't work on wood. N52 Alan, that's another story.

Pre-52 Alan lost his weakness to wood, except in certain cases where he's weakened or believes himself to be weak. If he's at peak form then he shouldnt be weak at all.

#37 Posted by XiiX (7426 posts) - - Show Bio

@wederdire: @dondave: I heard it was similar to Martian-Manhunter's aversion to fire; a psychological infirmity that he'd since overcome.

#38 Posted by wederdire (77 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by XiiX (7426 posts) - - Show Bio

@wederdire: Yeah, that's what I was referring to.

#40 Posted by Hubris_exe (202 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: I think making Alan bloodlusted would've been more fair. But it's still a really good battle as is with Uxas taking a slight majority...

#41 Posted by WillPayton (9158 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: I think making Alan bloodlusted would've been more fair. But it's still a really good battle as is with Uxas taking a slight majority...

If Alan was bloodlusted he'd stomp Darkseid with ease.

#42 Posted by Hubris_exe (202 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: didn't darkseid destroy a planet in his origin issue? isn't that around the level of Bloodlusted Alan?

#43 Posted by WillPayton (9158 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by Hubris_exe (202 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: I know he soloed basically all of DC earth. Ask @frozen I'm not at my computer right now.

Off-topic- favorite Alan Scott moment was when he was fighting obsidian and he fired this huge energy beam the size of a planet straight at obsidian.

#45 Posted by WillPayton (9158 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: I know he soloed basically all of DC earth. Ask @frozen I'm not at my computer right now.

Off-topic- favorite Alan Scott moment was when he was fighting obsidian and he fired this huge energy beam the size of a planet straight at obsidian.

This:

#46 Posted by Eisenfauste (7314 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid.