Lol I thought this was team vs surfer

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By dondave

@beatboks1 Geoff Johns portrayed him as young during his run on JSA and he was still dropped by the Oak shaft

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I want to see someone make an argument for Alan Scott - I'm not claiming that Cyborg Superman is the definite winner here, but from what I've seen argued in THIS thread he is.

Awesomedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any of them can win.

Also, is ComicVine Bugging? I mean, is ComicVine sorta, broken? Stuff in the main page won't change.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any of them can win.

Also, is ComicVine Bugging? I mean, is ComicVine sorta, broken? Stuff in the main page won't change.

CV is HARDCORE broken right now.

Awesomedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: So broken in what way? Posts not appearing in the front forum page and needs 5 minutes to exist or broken in another way?

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: So broken in what way? Posts not appearing in the front forum page and needs 5 minutes to exist or broken in another way?

Notifications are bugged, posts aren't updating, posts aren't appearing after being notified of them.

At least that's what's happening on my end of things.

Awesomedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: Same happens to me, or probably to everyone.

On-topic = Going with either Cyborg Superman or SS.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@dondave: when? Because he portrayed him using his construct to affect wood

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Sy8000
Apocalypse3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver surfer but surfer vs Alan would be close

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Id give it to Alan.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll wait for more discussion before I conclude my thoughts.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still waiting to see arguments made for Alan & Surfer :3

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#69  Edited By beatboks1

@dondave said:

@beatboks1: JSA 16

Sorry didn't see a notification.

That was more under the pen of Goyer than Johns (though he did have a hand in that issue)

That would be correct and a few times after that in that series. When you said JSA I though you meant the 2006 series (should have realized). I also should have been clearer. the change to his power happened in the 98 story I mentioned (having changed his source) but as I also said his weakness after the change was basically whatever he believed it to be. he wasn't made aware of it until much later in that series (ironically from another wood based injury where he pulled the starheart back into him and healed himself even with the wood still in him because he was threatening the earth's existence (or something like that). At the time of that he wasn't aware his power had changed at all. In fact if you recall it was early in that series when fighting Mordru over the baby form of Hector Hall that Mordru referred to him as powered by the starheart and Alan corrected him by calling it "green Flame". He still very much believed that his power was the same as it always was at that point and had the same weakness.

Jbourne_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Discussion Time - Featuring TTBA & Killemall // Cyborg Superman + Silver Surfer

So - everyone in this thread, Killemall and I have decided to have a discussion about Cyborg Superman and Silver Surfer. This isn't a CaV, this isn't a "debate" just a simple discussion comparing feats, abilities, and overall awesomeness.

If you'd like to jump in and ask us anything about either character - feel free! I know I'm happy to answer any question I can about Cyborg Superman and I feel like Killemall is the kind of guy who'd love to share some information about Surfer, educating users on the Vine is rad because it enables y'all to go out and explore new characters!

Anyways - enough with the introductions - I figured I'd respond to Killemall's original thoughts on the matter.

Matter Manipulation

So Killemall opened up with the following statement:

I think Surfer biggest advantage would be matter manipulation having matter manipulated entire planet on 2 different occasions and repaired damaged wrought by enslaver while massively weakened.

Quite the incredible feat - planetary matter manipulation is just awesome; however, I don't believe that Henshaw is truly "weak" to such an attack. I'll admit that Henshaw's physical body might be manipulated and contorted - but since in the end Henshaw is only an electronic consciousness that enters and controls technology I don't exactly know if it'd work on him.

Would matter manipulation work on just a pure consciousness - because if Surfer uses that as his go to & messes up Henshaw's body, then Henshaw can just jump into another machine - quickly manipulate it via technomorphing to become like his traditional 'Cyborg Superman' body, and then begin the fight again.

Henshaw is like Swamp Thing but with technology - he can transfer his mind into any form of technology & rebuild himself with it.

Technically - Henshaw is immortal - his MAJOR goal in his stories is to find some way to die, he just want's to finally die. It's the reason why he became a herald of the Anti-Monitor during the Sinestro Corps War - the AM promised him death if he served him; however, the GLC arrived and then used a planet sized grenade on AM to bring him down - Henshaw stayed within the blast radius in an attempt to die but was only KO-ed and was quickly brought back by the Manhunters.

Energy Drainage

You've mentioned that Surfer's weakness is someone draining his energy - also stating that it's something Henshaw is fully capable of, which is true.

When Henshaw and Toymaster went up against Blue Superman [ the energy form one for those who don't know who I'm referencing ] he used a tractor beam to absorb him & imprison him while in his energy form. Now I'm not saying that Cyborg Superman is going to build something on the fly to just capture Surfer - but as you've mentioned he's fully capable of building something on the go to absorb Surfer's energy.

Doctor Doom was able to absorb some of Surfer's energy IIRC - so Cyborg Superman should be able to do the same, he's got an Ion Disruptor that - when obliterated by Blue Superman's Energy Attacks - locked onto his Bio Frequency. I figure Henshaw could use that again to learn what types of energy Surfer's packing & then technomorph a portion of his body into some sort of weapon to drain him.

Surfer's Speed

Surfer MIGHT be faster - I don't exactly know how fast he is, I'm sure he has plenty of Light Speed feats given the nature of his character.

Cyborg Superman is essentially the same physical stats of Superman - but potentially better since he's eliminated all of his traditional kryptonian weaknesses, he might've also amplified his own stats during one of his many "rebuilds".

To give an example of how fast Henshaw is - here's what he did to ROD Doomsday.

Now - I'm not sure if he flew right through him [ which is what I THINK he did given that in the first scan you see him flying at high speeds towards DD ] or used Heat Vision - but whatever it was to do THAT to someone of Doomsday's durability level is just straight up impressive.

Anyways - I look forward to this discussion because I've always wanted to learn more about Surfer & getting to have a discussion like this with such a well renowned user is just super cool. Hope to see your response whenever you're available - @killemall

You say Henshaw is completely immortal, but if SS projected his consciousness onto the astral plane and beat him there. Just an idea

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You say Henshaw is completely immortal, but if SS projected his consciousness onto the astral plane and beat him there. Just an idea

Yeah becuase that's a frequent and in character move that he does all the time.

Seriously though, he hasn't used it nearly enough for it to be taken into consideration.

Jbourne_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jbourne_32 said:

Yeah becuase that's a frequent and in character move that he does all the time.

Seriously though, he hasn't used it nearly enough for it to be taken into consideration.

Yeah he can still do though

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: @jbourne_32: as high stated it's not really a "go to" move for Surfer in a battle - plus Henshaw has fought on an astral plane before and while he was presumed dead he actually was waiting dormant inside the body of the Alpha Lantern Boodika ( spelling? ) so he could potentially win an astral battle as well - in the long run hahaha

Jbourne_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: @jbourne_32: as high stated it's not really a "go to" move for Surfer in a battle - plus Henshaw has fought on an astral plane before and while he was presumed dead he actually was waiting dormant inside the body of the Alpha Lantern Boodika ( spelling? ) so he could potentially win an astral battle as well - in the long run hahaha

cool

dcandmarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alan Scott is by far the most powerful green lantern he's a few showings which put him on a higher level Alan holds back most of the time and having no morals means he uses Starheart in a lethal way and this gonna be bad for both Surfer and superman Alan Scott FTW