#1 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Normal Akuma vs tournament Kahn

2. Shin Akuma vs non tournament Kahn (full power)

3. Oni Akuma vs End of MK9 Kahn (before his fight with Raiden having consumed the souls)

#2 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio
Akuma in all three except for if Shoa Kahn is casting a spell from another dimension while Akuma is in another.  
 

So Kahn's only advantage is long rang (realm-wise)

#3 Posted by New_World_Order (13235 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#4 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Akuma will not be taking all three...

1. Akuma should win

2. Shao Kahn should win, the whole non tournament vs. tournament Shao Kahn really means little. Shao Kahn is Shao Kahn regardless.

3. Shao Kahn will win, only thing to stop him at that point were the Elder Gods at that point once they stepped in for being pissed of him breaking the rules...nuff said. At that point Kahn had absorbed most of Earthrealm's souls thus amping his power drastically where even Raiden(while he was jobbing, his power still wasn't doing much against Shao Kahn at that point) was having little to no effect...

#5 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio
Akuma in all three  except for if Shoa Kahn is casting a spell from another dimension while Akuma is in another.  
 

So Kahn's only advantage is long rang (realm-wise)

#6 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@SSJLozza: Akuma, if that battle w asura counts

#7 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man said:

@SSJLozza: Akuma, if that battle w asura counts

@Vaeternus said:

Akuma will not be taking all three...

1. Akuma should win

2. Shao Kahn should win, the whole non tournament vs. tournament Shao Kahn really means little. Shao Kahn is Shao Kahn regardless.

3. Shao Kahn will win, only thing to stop him at that point were the Elder Gods at that point once they stepped in for being pissed of him breaking the rules...nuff said. At that point Kahn had absorbed most of Earthrealm's souls thus amping his power drastically where even Raiden(while he was jobbing, his power still wasn't doing much against Shao Kahn at that point) was having little to no effect...

If you think there's no difference then how can he beat Shin Akuma but not regular Akuma who uses less than 50% of his true power? There is a big difference btw his powers are limited in the tournament and he is not immortal during the tournament.

#9 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5445 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Akuma
  2. Akuma
  3. Akuma
#10 Edited by NeonGameWave (7794 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Akuma

2. Shao Kahn, most likely

3. It could go either way

#11 Posted by Proxicide (48 posts) - - Show Bio

Oni Akuma rapes Shang Tsung. - Normal Akuma can split an island in a single punch. - Shin Akuma destroyed an asteroid with ease. And Oni is even more powerful than these two.

#12 Posted by LubeMan (1067 posts) - - Show Bio

@Proxicide said:

Oni Akuma rapes Shang Tsung. - Normal Akuma can split an island in a single punch. - Shin Akuma destroyed an asteroid with ease. And Oni is even more powerful than these two.

??? Shang Tsung isn't here!!

#13 Posted by Proxicide (48 posts) - - Show Bio

I meant Shao Kahn wow, I must have been high

#14 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Shao Kahn is 10x more powerful then shang is....lol, yeah these people follow mk....

@SSJLozza said:

@Rumble Man said:

@SSJLozza: Akuma, if that battle w asura counts

@Vaeternus said:

Akuma will not be taking all three...

1. Akuma should win

2. Shao Kahn should win, the whole non tournament vs. tournament Shao Kahn really means little. Shao Kahn is Shao Kahn regardless.

3. Shao Kahn will win, only thing to stop him at that point were the Elder Gods at that point once they stepped in for being pissed of him breaking the rules...nuff said. At that point Kahn had absorbed most of Earthrealm's souls thus amping his power drastically where even Raiden(while he was jobbing, his power still wasn't doing much against Shao Kahn at that point) was having little to no effect...

If you think there's no difference then how can he beat Shin Akuma but not regular Akuma who uses less than 50% of his true power? There is a big difference btw his powers are limited in the tournament and he is not immortal during the tournament.

what im saying is shao kahn watching is the same version who fights in mk tournament who snaps kung lao's neck and got a hole punched through his chest by liu kang but survived that.

BTW, just so you know dude and everyone else asura isn't canon. sf fans coonfirmed this in another sf topic not too long ago, if people are bringing that up then i'll just use dark kahn who would murk any version of akuma.@NeonGameWave said:

1. Akuma

2. Shao Kahn, most likely

3. It could go either way

Ahh, a logical assessment. nice job ;) although id switch 2 and 3, akuma isn't beating that version of shao kahn. he's just too strong.

#15 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

What's kahns greatest feats that does not have anything to do with the endings?

#16 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man said:

What's kahns greatest feats that does not have anything to do with the endings?

Canon feats that kahn did or has done-

1. Overtook and tricked Onaga centuries ago and took over Outworld for himself(Onaga was the original ruler of OW before Kahn took it from him) Onaga is more powerful then Shao Kahn overall, during deception they confirmed this that he overtook onaga & deceived him,also trapping him until deception came around.

2. Has been a thorn in Raiden's side for centuries, at the end of MK9 canon story he was stronger then Raiden because he had by that point absorbed all of Earth's souls except for the chosen warriors, souls amp hispower tremendously. Raiden outside of outworld normally is more powerful then kahn but in that case he was uber powerful.

3. Shao Kahn survived getting a hole punched through his chest literally by liu kang....quan chi helped him heal via his magic, but still that's a great durability feat...

4. Has very powerful dark magic, with it he can soul steal, use TK, soul transfer and create weapons via magical constructs(such as his hammer)

5. During the original mk3 arch, he just invaded earthrealm and from the portal to outworld literally drained the entire planet from their souls except for the chosen warriors/earthrealm's fighters under raiden.

6.During mk deadly alliances arch, it was later revealed that quan chi and shang tsung killed a clone of shao kahn that he created while the real one recovered and gained in power working with goro elsewhere.

7. During mkdeadly alliance, deception and mk armageddon he held off others betraying him such as shinnok, onaga, qc, shang etc.

8. in mk9, he literally restored shang tsung's old age to youth via his magic, then killed shang/transferred his soul from physical body into sindel's body thus giving her increased power and amping her...

9.During the end of MK armageddon/ MK9 beginning, it's revealed

that shao kahn killed blaze who was set in place by argus and delia centuries ago in edenia to keep the realms at bay,and prevent armageddon...however, the prize was whoever could defeat and kill blaze would gain invincible power and the ability to do whatever they wish with a mere thought....Shao kahn won and pretty much killed everyone, with raiden being the last one who could stop him at that point. Shao kahn with a thought became invincible, killed everyone and merged the realms with but a thought....he was more or less a god at that point then killed Raiden...however, before he did so raiden used his time travelling abilities ia messages to himself through time to prevent kahn winning in the future and thus prevent armageddon....

ohh he also created Ermac from rebel edenian warriors hundreds if not thousands who tried to fight kahn when he took over edenia ages ago, he literally transferred all those souls into one being/vessel called Ermac...Ermac is one of the most powerful mk characters with strong tk and good fighting skills...

Kahn also created skarlet who is made of pure blood...

#17 Posted by darklord_apoc (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

Kahn would soul rape lol

#18 Posted by darkelf35 (518 posts) - - Show Bio

yea

#19 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2545 posts) - - Show Bio

The only close rounds are R1 and R3, and even then they're not that close.

R1. Akuma is known for his incredible offense, but is also known for his incredibly low defense. Kahn is known for having both a strong O and a strong D. Kahn can take everything Akuma can dish out (yes, even a Raging Demon) and be fine. A few blows from Kahn though, and Akuma will be mush.

R2. Kahn might indulge in fighting Akuma, but then again him most likely wouldn't. Kahn has never been looking for a challenge like Akuma is, he's just looking to win. Kahn would kill Akuma outright by taking his soul and adding it to his collection, or he'd just blow him up without a second thought.

R3. If Oni from Asura's Wrath is in, then all Shao Kahn lore should be in play as well. While Oni and Asura battle broke the moon, Raiden and Kahn's battle almost broke the Earth along with Outworld (that is 2+ planets).

If Oni and Kahn fought at there theoretical hightest limits, Kahn either still:

- take his soul outright

- TK smash him until he's mush

- TK hold him, and just smash him with his hammer until he's mush

- fling him into the netherrealm (or any other number of realms) for a BFR win

...along with many more things.

Unless Kahn lets his guard down, or underestimates Akuma (which would/could only happen in R1), Akuma is outclassed in this match up in every way.

#20 Edited by LubeMan (1067 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vaeternus said:

@Rumble Man said:

What's kahns greatest feats that does not have anything to do with the endings?

Canon feats that kahn did or has done-

1. Overtook and tricked Onaga centuries ago and took over Outworld for himself(Onaga was the original ruler of OW before Kahn took it from him) Onaga is more powerful then Shao Kahn overall, during deception they confirmed this that he overtook onaga & deceived him,also trapping him until deception came around.

Kahn was Onag's adviser, and poisoned him, that's how Kahn become emperor of Outworld, poisoning someone is not a feat, for the record.

#21 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@LubeMan: that name makes me want to post this

#22 Posted by LubeMan (1067 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man said:

@LubeMan: that name makes me want to post this

Glad I could be of service

#23 Posted by Miki1111 (188 posts) - - Show Bio

Akuma wins he will curve Kahn>s spine like a rope :)

#24 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@LubeMan: loved catdog

#25 Posted by gingerpenny (947 posts) - - Show Bio

Shao Kahn stomps

#26 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio
@saiyan_earthling said:
  1. Akuma
  2. Akuma
  3. Akuma
Moderator
#27 Posted by NeonGameWave (7794 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vaeternus: Thanks! And I agree, 2 and 3 should be switched, at first I thought Oni had the advantage because of raw strength as well as speed but Shao Kahn should actually stomp due to the fact that he has telekinetic powers as he can also use magic, also he doesn`t fight fair so he would probably have Shang Tsung, Mileena and Quan Chi help him so that his victory can be assured. It took the might of the Elder Gods (nigh omnipotent beings) to defeat him as they had to interfere so he is not only a planetary threat but is also a threat to the realms which makes him above a planetary threat.

#28 Posted by terry2012 (5271 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Akuma

2. Akuma

3. Shao Khan.

#29 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@LubeMan said:

@Vaeternus said:

@Rumble Man said:

What's kahns greatest feats that does not have anything to do with the endings?

Canon feats that kahn did or has done-

1. Overtook and tricked Onaga centuries ago and took over Outworld for himself(Onaga was the original ruler of OW before Kahn took it from him) Onaga is more powerful then Shao Kahn overall, during deception they confirmed this that he overtook onaga & deceived him,also trapping him until deception came around.

Kahn was Onag's adviser, and poisoned him, that's how Kahn become emperor of Outworld, poisoning someone is not a feat, for the record.

Kahn planned taking over OW before poisoning him though...and trapping him until Deception's arch came to be, considering Onaga is way more powerful overall then Kahn, I'd say that's a feat....

Either way, Akuma's PIS feats aren't even canon with asura and him creating a crator in the Earth never happened...plus he's lost to Ryu who is also far lower in power compared to Kahn.

@darklord_apoc said:

Kahn would soul rape lol

Probably considering how easily he transferred Shang's soul into Sindel..

@onilordasmodeus said:

The only close rounds are R1 and R3, and even then they're not that close.

R1. Akuma is known for his incredible offense, but is also known for his incredibly low defense. Kahn is known for having both a strong O and a strong D. Kahn can take everything Akuma can dish out (yes, even a Raging Demon) and be fine. A few blows from Kahn though, and Akuma will be mush.

R2. Kahn might indulge in fighting Akuma, but then again him most likely wouldn't. Kahn has never been looking for a challenge like Akuma is, he's just looking to win. Kahn would kill Akuma outright by taking his soul and adding it to his collection, or he'd just blow him up without a second thought.

R3. If Oni from Asura's Wrath is in, then all Shao Kahn lore should be in play as well. While Oni and Asura battle broke the moon, Raiden and Kahn's battle almost broke the Earth along with Outworld (that is 2+ planets).

If Oni and Kahn fought at there theoretical hightest limits, Kahn either still:

- take his soul outright

- TK smash him until he's mush

- TK hold him, and just smash him with his hammer until he's mush

- fling him into the netherrealm (or any other number of realms) for a BFR win

...along with many more things.

Unless Kahn lets his guard down, or underestimates Akuma (which would/could only happen in R1), Akuma is outclassed in this match up in every way.

Good write up. I agree, overall Kahn takes 2 of 3 rounds no doubt.

@NeonGameWave said:

@Vaeternus: Thanks! And I agree, 2 and 3 should be switched, at first I thought Oni had the advantage because of raw strength as well as speed but Shao Kahn should actually stomp due to the fact that he has telekinetic powers as he can also use magic, also he doesn`t fight fair so he would probably have Shang Tsung, Mileena and Quan Chi help him so that his victory can be assured. It took the might of the Elder Gods (nigh omnipotent beings) to defeat him as they had to interfere so he is not only a planetary threat but is also a threat to the realms which makes him above a planetary threat.

Anytime dude, oni's post is also a solid one. The fact that it took Omnipotent Deities and the creators of the MKU to take out Kahn at that point kind of proves Shao Kahn at his best would murk any version of Akuma...

#30 Posted by War_Hulk_Kills_Sentry2 (559 posts) - - Show Bio

should be akuma all the time but jus coz he finds a way of always coming back to life

1. khan

2. khan

3. khan

#31 Posted by Grandmastersexyhd (305 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Gouki

2. Shin Gouki

3. Shao Khan

#32 Edited by P0rtal (872 posts) - - Show Bio

Kahn destroys Akuma in every facet.

#33 Posted by XBleeding_EdgeX (140 posts) - - Show Bio

Not only am I well versed in both games, I know my history.

Akuma takes all three, no matter what.

Kahn is arrogant, he will try to kill him easily and realize that by the time Akuma touches him, it's all over.

The raging demon kills you, instantly, for every sin you commit your soul feels that pain, and you die... That many times... Each time they face you're only amplifying the abilities and power of Akuma making it worse, and worse.

Akuma non-shin feats include - Punching an island into complete dust and rock (SFA), Splitting Ayers Rock in half (SFIII) Surviving at the bottom of the ocean without dying (SFIII 3s) Rising a sunken ship and destroying it (SFIII 3s) Killing off bison (SSFII T) Killing Gill who's a god with the raging demon, but his omnipotent power allows him to ressurect himself. (SFIII) Destroyed a huge surface area, and everything in it with just his power (SSFIV)

Akuma was able to catch Gill of guard, go do research if you want to know more about Gill, he's basically a greek god. Created an Island, parted the sea without effort being shown, etc etc.

Akuma in his Shin form only indicates he's more powerful, more serious, more intent on killing you, and he's not holding back. I don't have any canon feats, but from other games he was shown to be able to leap into space and punch an asteroid into nothing (Capcom Fighting Evolution) Shown to be able to be revived from death, as he's not allowed to die (Capcom vs SNK 2)

Oni is by far the most impressive. He can levitate, survive lava, he's a more amplified shin akuma, and in Asura Wrath, he's shown to be able to survive re-entry, survive the vacuum of space, and go toe-to-toe with Asura.

Shao Kahn has no impressive feats, period. I've played all the games. The only thing he's done is concur a realm. Other than that, he's not really anything than the big bad boss. He constantly got beat by Liu Kang, who's a normal shaolin monk. In MK9 the whole story, and everything was rebooted... Which further more proves him to be featless. Liu Kang beat him, but he healed from his loss, then ultimately the elder gods took him.

Shao Kahn loses, and loses badly....

I used to think MK >> SF.... But Akuma, Oro, and Gill pretty much seal the deal on this one. None of those three SF characters should ever be in an MK vs SF thread, ever.

Round 1 - Akuma

Round 2 - Shin Akuma effortlessly

Round 3 - Oni without a loss of breath

#34 Posted by New_World_Order (13235 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by King Saturn (224286 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Akuma def Shao Kahn

2. Akuma def Shao Kahn

3. Shao Kahn def Akuma

#36 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

kahn wins 2 of 3 rounds

#37 Edited by onilordasmodeus (2545 posts) - - Show Bio

@xbleeding_edgex said:

Not only am I well versed in both games, I know my history.

Akuma takes all three, no matter what.

Kahn is arrogant, he will try to kill him easily and realize that by the time Akuma touches him, it's all over.

The raging demon kills you, instantly, for every sin you commit your soul feels that pain, and you die... That many times... Each time they face you're only amplifying the abilities and power of Akuma making it worse, and worse.

Akuma non-shin feats include - Punching an island into complete dust and rock (SFA), Splitting Ayers Rock in half (SFIII) Surviving at the bottom of the ocean without dying (SFIII 3s) Rising a sunken ship and destroying it (SFIII 3s) Killing off bison (SSFII T) Killing Gill who's a god with the raging demon, but his omnipotent power allows him to ressurect himself. (SFIII) Destroyed a huge surface area, and everything in it with just his power (SSFIV)

Akuma was able to catch Gill of guard, go do research if you want to know more about Gill, he's basically a greek god. Created an Island, parted the sea without effort being shown, etc etc.

Akuma in his Shin form only indicates he's more powerful, more serious, more intent on killing you, and he's not holding back. I don't have any canon feats, but from other games he was shown to be able to leap into space and punch an asteroid into nothing (Capcom Fighting Evolution) Shown to be able to be revived from death, as he's not allowed to die (Capcom vs SNK 2)

Oni is by far the most impressive. He can levitate, survive lava, he's a more amplified shin akuma, and in Asura Wrath, he's shown to be able to survive re-entry, survive the vacuum of space, and go toe-to-toe with Asura.

Shao Kahn has no impressive feats, period. I've played all the games. The only thing he's done is concur a realm. Other than that, he's not really anything than the big bad boss. He constantly got beat by Liu Kang, who's a normal shaolin monk. In MK9 the whole story, and everything was rebooted... Which further more proves him to be featless. Liu Kang beat him, but he healed from his loss, then ultimately the elder gods took him.

Shao Kahn loses, and loses badly....

I used to think MK >> SF.... But Akuma, Oro, and Gill pretty much seal the deal on this one. None of those three SF characters should ever be in an MK vs SF thread, ever.

Round 1 - Akuma

Round 2 - Shin Akuma effortlessly

Round 3 - Oni without a loss of breath

Your assessment is WAY off, and it starts by saying MK9 is a reboot.

MK9 retconed a few characters (Mileena, Kabal), and changed a few story beats (Nightwolf and Quan chi at the MK1 tourney), but it didn't erase the history that was already established in the MKU. In fact, the only reason things went down in MK9 the way they did was because of how things went down in MK1 through MK8. MK9's story depends on the previous games through to the end.

Moving on, Kahn's only feat isn't "concuring a realm," as Kahn has concurred many realms. His best on-panel feat for his magic is warping reality to merge Earth and Outworld (which he also did in MK9)...

...and stripping the earth of all life...

Kahn's best combat feats were in MK Armageddon where he defeated all the MK characters in a battle royal, and in MK9's intro where he finished off Raiden.

Throughout the whole MK series, Kahn has lost one fight, and it was a HUGE plot driven point in the story. The only reason Liu had a chance to fight Kahn in MK3 in the first place was because Raiden protected his soul from Kahn's magic, and the only reason he had a chance to win in kombat was because Liu had Kung Lao at his side for a time during/prior to that fight. Looking at MK9, when Liu beat Kahn it was because Kahn underestimated him and held back (at least in the beginning), plus the tourney had rules so Kahn couldn't take his soul outright (more PIS).

With Kahn's magic in full effect, and since his magic can affect an entire planet, Akuma has no defense. That, and his proven skill in combat, equals Akuma cannot win.

About the Raging Demon...it would have no effect on Kahn...AT ALL.

The RD has been blocked, escaped, and taken point black and survived without prep or prior knowledge. Lore says the RD kills all, facts and showings say other wise. The characters who have stood up against the RD (Gen, Gouken, Bison) don't have a fraction of the knowledge/power that Kahn has, so I have no issue saying that the RD will not even phase Kahn.

#38 Posted by XBleeding_EdgeX (140 posts) - - Show Bio

MK9 restarted the whole story :| go back and replay it.... It starts literally from the first freaking tournament, your scans of mk 3 mean nothing

#39 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@onilordasmodeus is correct...

MK9 wasn't a REBOOT, it was a RETELLING of the canon plot with SOME minor changes...so yes MK 3 does matter since the same thing more or less happened, the only thing different was that Shao Kahn died due to him breaking the Elder Gods rule and they vaporized him....among a few other minor chances like Sub being turned instead of Smoke into a cyborg, few battle differences and some people died earlier then they did in the original timeline but the overall story hasn't changed. You even saw this at the end of MK9 with Shinnok and QC scheming a la MK4's plot...

#40 Edited by onilordasmodeus (2545 posts) - - Show Bio

MK9 restarted the whole story :| go back and replay it.... It starts literally from the first freaking tournament, your scans of mk 3 mean nothing

Wow. As someone who came out and said they were a fan of the MK story, and then to say that MK9 rebooted the "whole story" because it started at "the first tournament" you are really showing (and I'm not trying to be offensive) ignorance to the MKU. MK1 was the first game, true, but the story began a long time before then.

MK Mythologies Subzero, MK Special forces, MK Deception's Konquest mode, and MK Armageddon's Konquest mode all flesh out the MK story PRIOR to MK1, and MK9 didn't touch that. Shinnok is still out there, Deagon and Taven are still out there, Shujinko is still out there, along with all the other characters who weren't even touched upon in MK9.

MK9 changed a few things here and there but the overall universe is still intact and relatively untouched.

#41 Posted by McHotcakes (468 posts) - - Show Bio

Khan should take all three rounds.

#42 Posted by isgavin_5 (193 posts) - - Show Bio

Oni would rape Shao Khan, if he had any sexual desires. Oni is the Demon God of Fighting.

#43 Posted by godofnick (626 posts) - - Show Bio

Akuma wins R1 Kahn stomps R2 and R3

#44 Posted by flashback0180 (669 posts) - - Show Bio

Akuma 4 allrounds he can walk on lava and bust asteroids.

He should win because of greater feats.

#45 Posted by Sy9122 (28 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus: Actually it was Taven who defeated blaze. But Shao Khan Somehow killed Taven and took that power. Blah blah Gods, blah blah eternal power. Etc.

#46 Posted by TravisTouchdown (57 posts) - - Show Bio

Akuma all 3