• 84 results
fatalsniper728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By fatalsniper728

Akuma from Street Fighter vs. Raiden from Mortal Kombat. Both are at full power, who wins ?

vs.

fatalsniper728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By fatalsniper728

both have god like abilities, its a great heavyweight match

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Raiden.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By onilordasmodeus

Raiden wins by a landslide.

Raiden has more versatility, skill, experience, speed, and strength, not to mention a well of power beyond that of any "normal" man; the entire Earth.

Counting Akuma's non-canon endings and comic appearances, he has some serious high end feats that show that his striking power is potentially far beyond Raiden's. But taking all Raiden's non-canon and comics into concideration as well, I don't see any thing Akuma can to keep up with, or compete with, the embodiment of lightning.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

Raiden

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By King_Saturn
Raiden at full power is like an Elder God being... 
Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By EssentiallyHeroes

Raiden. He is too versatile for even Akuma to handle. And I doubt even Akuma has resistance to physics defying electrical attacks.

fatalsniper728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By fatalsniper728

@King Saturn: does akuma at least have a little bit of advantage?

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vaeternus

Well, Raiden full power in Earth realm normal Raiden I imagine? Because Raiden at full full power is an unfair stomp being EG status...

Normal Raiden should manage though.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By Strider1992

@Vance Astro said:

Raiden.
Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By New_World_Order

@onilordasmodeus said:

Raiden has more versatility, skill, experience, speed, and strength, not to mention a well of power beyond that of any "normal" man; the entire Earth.

Counting Akuma's non-canon endings and comic appearances, he has some serious high end feats that show that his striking power is potentially far beyond Raiden's. But taking all Raiden's non-canon and comics into concideration as well, I don't see any thing Akuma can to keep up with, or compete with, the embodiment of lightning.

Raiden is not physically stronger.

BloodsunXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BloodsunXL

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

@onilordasmodeus said:

Yes he is.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@ThunderGodsWrath:

No, he's stronger. Akuma has high end feats of hitting harder than Raiden due to his hadou output, but Raiden has higher end feats of lifting things. Akuma has high spikes than Raiden does, but Raiden's average strength is much higher than Akuma's.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By New_World_Order

@BloodsunX said:

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

@onilordasmodeus said:

Yes he is.

How so?

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By New_World_Order

@onilordasmodeus said:

@ThunderGodsWrath:

No, he's stronger. Akuma has high end feats of hitting harder than Raiden due to his hadou output, but Raiden has higher end feats of lifting things. Akuma has high spikes than Raiden does, but Raiden's average strength is much higher than Akuma's.

I'll take striking strength over lifting strength any day. That's what really matters in a fight anyways.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Vaeternus

Despite physical power being relevant, Raiden at the end of the day is simply more powerful then Akuma. Period.

He can banish him, electrocute him, fly him into a building. It is a fight, but not limited to just physical strength...you use everything you have. Raiden doesn't need to match his physical strength which I'm sure he could if he needed to but still. He has several other powers at his disposal.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nick_hero22

@Strider92 said:

@Vance Astro said:

Raiden.
TERMINATORFAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TERMINATORFAN

Raiden easily.

fatalsniper728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By fatalsniper728

@TERMINATORFAN: do you think akuma's brutal strength would give him an advantage ?

ghostsuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ghostsuck

raiden

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

@onilordasmodeus said:

@ThunderGodsWrath:

I'll take striking strength over lifting strength any day. That's what really matters in a fight anyways.

As others have said, Raiden just has to many other things that he brings to this fight; and no, power is only a fraction of what is needed to win a fight.

As I said before, Raiden beats Akuma in speed, experience, skill (h2h is debatable, but the finesse he has in his power is unmatched by Akuma), versatility, and just depth and bredth of raw power. Akuma is a powerful mortal fighter, but Raiden at full power is the immortal and intangible embodiement of the storm. Akuma wouldn't be able to touch him unless Raiden allowed him to.

Too add, I said something like this in another thread, that Akuma fights to test his and his opponents limits. In the canon we have yet to see him really let loose in a fight, but we have seen him do things like split Ayers Rock, and flatten a forest with his power. In the non-canon he's done things like tank a Volcano blast (as Oni), train in depths of the sea, and we did see him let loose in his fight with Asura where he broke the moon as a byproduct of fighting in Asura's Wrath.

By comparison, in the canon Raiden has done things like destroying Shang's palace in MK Deception, and almost destroying the Earth / wiping out the dinosaurs as a byproduct of fighting against Shinnok. And in the non-canon he's wiped out humanity / destroy multiple realms (planets) on multiple occasions, as well as, catching a falling commercial plane and flying off with it, being harmlessly stabbed and electrecuting his attacker, falling from the heaven's and leaving a crater, as well as many other things.

Raiden is just all around too powerful.

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Bane_of_sith

Raiden wins by a landslide,,auk a rocks but he isn't going to win one in a series of ten against a full powered Raiden

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By terry2012

Raiden.

namezero12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By namezero12345

Akuma!!

i'm assuming this is not Raiden at full power

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By NeonGameWave

Raiden wrecks.

fatalsniper728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By fatalsniper728

@name12345: read my description

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By zr0c00l

raiden destroys him,its the only match up mk has over street fighter

namezero12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By namezero12345

@fatalsniper728: i see, if he's not in his mortal form, i think he can't be killed so... Raiden

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@zr0c00l: lol!

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Vaeternus

Raiden wins here. Normal Raiden(no power compromises in Earthrealm) should manage.

Full powered Raiden would be Elder God status in which he could solo the entire SFU(so that's a bit unfair)

fatalsniper728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By fatalsniper728

c'mom guys, have some sympathy for akuma lol

fatalsniper728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By fatalsniper728

@Vaeternus: would akuma's superhuman strength give him a little advantage ?

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@fatalsniper728:

I'm not @Vaeternus but I can answer your question.

Bottom line is that Akuma's strength (his striking power specifically) would give him an advantage in cqc, but only in the fact that if Raiden and him trade blows that he potentially would harm Raiden more. The reason Akuma's striking power kind becomes a moot point here thought, is the fact that Raiden is just so much faster than Akuma that he would be able to get out of there fairly easily; and then there are the facts that Raiden can heal himself (if he got hit), he can hit pretty hard himself, and can attack Akuma from any angle either up close or far away through lightning/teleportation. All that coupled with Raiden's experience and his other abilities and Akuma would be overwhelmed quickly.

Miki1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Miki1111

Akuma stomps Shun goku satsu is too fast for Raiden he won>t even see it coming plus Akuma can blow up mountains with his projectiles :)

Akuma ca jump higher than Raiden Akuma can teleport :)

fatalsniper728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By fatalsniper728

@Miki1111: you're basically saying that akuma stomps lol, remember that raiden controls thunder and lightning

Kellar21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Kellar21

Can't raiden just teleport around him spamming lightining and then do the "Just a scratch" Fatality.

Or if it's a real fight(no MK rules),can't Raiden just assume his energy form and rain down lightining on Akuma until he is fried.It's implied he could kill Shao Kahn easily if he was without the shackles the Elder Gods impose on him for Mortal Kombat.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Vaeternus

@onilordasmodeus said:

@fatalsniper728:

I'm not @Vaeternus but I can answer your question.

Bottom line is that Akuma's strength (his striking power specifically) would give him an advantage in cqc, but only in the fact that if Raiden and him trade blows that he potentially would harm Raiden more. The reason Akuma's striking power kind becomes a moot point here thought, is the fact that Raiden is just so much faster than Akuma that he would be able to get out of there fairly easily; and then there are the facts that Raiden can heal himself (if he got hit), he can hit pretty hard himself, and can attack Akuma from any angle either up close or far away through lightning/teleportation. All that coupled with Raiden's experience and his other abilities and Akuma would be overwhelmed quickly.

Pretty much, I think Oni did a good job here. While Akuma at full power could probably reach stronger "physical" power then normal Raiden, Raiden simply has so many other abilities to compensate for it plus as we've seen Raiden apparently has super human strength too(take the Motaro Feat flying him through a thick, concrete bridge into deep water) obviously we hardly see Raiden's durability but that's pretty impressive since that would kill a human or normal person lol. Plus, I think Raiden is one of those characters that has tons of powers we don't even know about (example MK9 we saw he has time travelling abilities via messages, can see visions of the future apparently, can heal, can cause blinding lights with his eyes etc, etc) I think his powers are pretty ridiculous and possibly limitless in terms of what he can do under his own power.

He may not have Akuma or Superman level strength physically but really doesn't need it given what else he can do...

@Miki111 The whole Akuma blowing up a mountain is not a bad feat by any means but keep in mind, Raiden literally blew himself up, Shang, Quan-Chi and a huge ass temple of countless hundreds souls and dead zombies filled inside that easily ran 5 blocks long given the size...via a vicinity blast so I'm sure Raiden can match anything Akuma has done via his powers...

Also, dude, Akuma can't jump higher then Raiden since Raiden can fly you know ;)

Flying>>>>>>>>>jumping high

That's kind of like Superman fighting Doomsday, DD can leap ridiculously high but Supes can fly thus giving him FAR better aerial advantage.

Avatar image for grandmastersexyhd
Grandmastersexyhd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raiden wins.. but Shin Akuma would fair much much better and Raiden wouldn't not stomp in this victory by any means. Pure strength goes to Akuma. They can both teleport just Raidens is faster at least thats how I see it. Then again since you stated it was at full power it technically is Shin Akuma Raiden is fighting. I think if Akuma could bait Raiden into a Ragon Demon in Shin form could actually end up beating Raiden but that goes without saying since Raiden would have to be worn out. Raiden is going to have to do more then sheer electricity to win this fight, i dont think his electricity is any stronger than Akuma's Gouhadou at full power considering at the end of SSF4 the range of that blast is ridiculous. Though Raiden has shown to beat down Shang Stung and Quan-Chi at the same time which speaks for itself. So Raiden is the winner but its close

Avatar image for darkknight96000
darkknight96000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By darkknight96000

What about Oni Akuma?

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Gracetrack

I have to say Raiden. :)

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By dondave

Raiden

JinSlayerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By JinSlayerX

Akuma is faster than Raiden and if he catches him with shin shun goku satsu, it's all over for Raiden

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@JinSlayerX:

How fast do you think Akuma is?

And why do you think a Raging Demon would have any affect on Raiden at all?

JinSlayerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By JinSlayerX

Akuma is easily fast enough to hit Raiden and his ultra would damage him badly, if not KO him

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@JinSlayerX:

Use the reply button as it makes it easier for your post to be seen and replied to, and you didn't answer either of my questions (not trying to be a jerk).

Just to be clear, the RD works by exposing the victim's soul to the demons of hell where they go to town it. What would that type of attack do to a divine being who has been to hell on more than one occasion?

And how would Akuma catch Raiden in the first place since Raiden is at base is at least one half the speed of light (the speed of lightning) up to relatavistic (the speed of light / instantaneous).

JinSlayerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By JinSlayerX

@onilordasmodeus:

Yeah I know how RD works and I see your point. I was on about if they were both fighting in the same game.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@JinSlayerX:

I'm not talking game mechanics, more base on feats that they have done in the lore.

Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Assman

@King Saturn said:

Raiden at full power is like an Elder God being...

Not really, that's another level. Just means that he's no restricted like when he travels earth realm and has a hand in the tournaments.

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SSJLozza

Raiden- at full power he's an Elder God.

Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Assman

@SSJLozza said:

Raiden- at full power he's an Elder God.

Actually, he's not, not sure why people are saying that? He was elevated to Elder God status at the end of MK4, and reliquished his elder god status in MK5 so he could help earth realm. Unless people state elder god status, which in itself would be spitefull in a battle like this, it just means a Raiden who's not holding back and at full power with his godly status, not elder god status, there is a difference between a god and an elder god, even in MK!