• 116 results
#1 Edited by ShadowX (1218 posts) - - Show Bio

The battle is in times square. 
They can not go pass times square
It is the afternoon. 
There are four stationary cars. 
There are no innocent bystanders. 
They can go underground or on or in buildings as long as it is in the area. 
Motivation: 
Akuma is blood lusted because he is Akuma. 
iron Fist is blood lusted because Akuma killed
Collen WIng
Luke Cage 
Jessica Jones 
and 
Danielle cage. 

#2 Posted by RavenDark (792 posts) - - Show Bio

I played street fighter IV  and Akuma (also known the Demon) proved to be the best and over-powering of all the characters with possible multiple long ranged blasts...
So I think that Iron Fist will "die one thousand deaths!"

#3 Posted by evodmasters (571 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Fist has a way of seeing others techniques and countering them, but sideways fireballs are a dozy. But if Iron fist is blood-lusted, he would only need one chi filled punch to kill Akuma. I gonna  say Iron Fist.

#4 Posted by evodmasters (571 posts) - - Show Bio

Less Giant Bombers here today than yesterday....

#5 Posted by Vance Astro (91234 posts) - - Show Bio
@evodmasters said:
" Iron Fist has a way of seeing others techniques and countering them, but sideways fireballs are a dozy. But if Iron fist is blood-lusted, he would only need one chi filled punch to kill Akuma. I gonna  say Iron Fist. "
One chi filled punch he may not get.
#6 Posted by evodmasters (571 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @evodmasters said:
" Iron Fist has a way of seeing others techniques and countering them, but sideways fireballs are a dozy. But if Iron fist is blood-lusted, he would only need one chi filled punch to kill Akuma. I gonna  say Iron Fist. "
One chi filled punch he may not get. "
You saying he would not get it? IronFist is not exactly an amateur.
#7 Posted by Vance Astro (91234 posts) - - Show Bio
@evodmasters said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @evodmasters said:
One chi filled punch he may not get. "
You saying he would not get it? IronFist is not exactly an amateur. "
Neither is Akuma.He's not exactly easy to hit either.
#8 Posted by evodmasters (571 posts) - - Show Bio

Well i am willing to admit that akuma is probably faster than Danny, but with healing and countering its not going to be an easy fight.

#9 Posted by chewbaccazm (180 posts) - - Show Bio

Akuma is overpowered so he wins

#10 Posted by evodmasters (571 posts) - - Show Bio

Is self sacrifice out of the equation?

#11 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio
probably Akuma... dude is one of my favorite Street Fighter characters so I am a little bias 
lol 
#12 Posted by evodmasters (571 posts) - - Show Bio

Well if Vance Astro and King Saturn say Akuma, I guess it is time for everyone the yesmen/d!ck riders to come buy and agree. LULZ

#13 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio
@evodmasters said:
" Well if Vance Astro and King Saturn say Akuma, I guess it is time for everyone the yesmen/d!ck riders to come buy and agree. LULZ "
you better believe it...  
Hop Up On This Ding A Ling Train  !!!!! 
#14 Posted by Vance Astro (91234 posts) - - Show Bio
@evodmasters said:
" Well i am willing to admit that akuma is probably faster than Danny, but with healing and countering its not going to be an easy fight. "
Danny needs time to heal.He doesn't have healing factor.
#15 Posted by evodmasters (571 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @evodmasters said:
" Well if Vance Astro and King Saturn say Akuma, I guess it is time for everyone the yesmen/d!ck riders to come buy and agree. LULZ "
you better believe it...  
Hop Up On This Ding A Ling Train  !!!!! 
"
I'm so glad you have a sense of humor. Last time I said something like this, I got flamed to forum hell. I wanted to take pictures, but King Ban Hammer does not allow flash photography.
#16 Posted by evodmasters (571 posts) - - Show Bio

So anyway, what is the difference maker in this fight. Projectiles? Speed? Skill? I need some tangible feats before I will let this go.

#17 Posted by Vance Astro (91234 posts) - - Show Bio
@evodmasters said:
" So anyway, what is the difference maker in this fight. Projectiles? Speed? Skill? I need some tangible feats before I will let this go. "
Projectiles could be the difference maker since Akuma can launch them at will.Sure Iron Fist could dodge but depending on where they are the explosion that emerges as a result could be a problem especially if he continuously projects them.
#18 Posted by evodmasters (571 posts) - - Show Bio

Can Danny block chi-based projectiles? Is there a limit to the # of projectiles Akuma can make?

#19 Posted by Vance Astro (91234 posts) - - Show Bio
@evodmasters said:
" Can Danny block chi-based projectiles? Is there a limit to the # of projectiles Akuma can make? "
1.I believe so.Don't know the specifications of it though. 
2.It's limited by his chi.How much chi he produces is unknown.
#20 Edited by RavenDark (792 posts) - - Show Bio

Both characters can preform a "Death Blow" (one "hit" kills) , Danny lacks a proper ranged counter so he should dodge and cover (perhaps behind those cars..but Akuma could just KABOOM them with ranged)...
Danny has exceptional endurance, but Akuma is not technically a normal human being anymore (demon) and could be tireless (because he was buried alive for several years without any food and water and that did not even phase him)
Edit: The story of Akuma could be considered a rip-off of star wars, him like Darth Vader turning to the Dark Side and trying to turn Ken as well....(turn him into a demon like himself)

#21 Edited by evodmasters (571 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:

" @evodmasters said:

" Can Danny block chi-based projectiles? Is there a limit to the # of projectiles Akuma can make? "
1.I believe so.Don't know the specifications of it though. 2.It's limited by his chi.How much chi he produces is unknown. "
This raises more questions than answers.
#22 Posted by evodmasters (571 posts) - - Show Bio
@RavenDark said:
"  Both characters can preform a "Death Blow" (one "hit" kills) , Danny lacks a proper ranged counter so he should dodge and cover (perhaps behind those cars..but Akuma could just KABOOM them with ranged)... Danny has exceptional endurance, but Akuma is not technically a normal human being anymore (demon) and could be tireless (because he was buried alive for several years without any food and water and that did not even phase him) Edit: The story of Akuma could be considered a rip-off of star wars, him like Darth Vader turning to the Dark Side and trying to turn Ken as well....(turn him into a demon like himself) "
References?
#23 Posted by RavenDark (792 posts) - - Show Bio
@evodmasters: 
Akuma is the only guy in Street Fighter who literally lights his body with fire when he focuses on his Chi...and in that state he can supercharge his energy blast...So you pretty much have the character with the highest Chi in Street Fighter....
#24 Edited by evodmasters (571 posts) - - Show Bio

Well there are some irregularities when it comes to Akuma, in the game he can make projectiles instantly, but in the comics and anime it takes a few seconds to do the exact same thing. (Same with Ryu and Ken)

#25 Posted by RavenDark (792 posts) - - Show Bio
@evodmasters: I agree, in the game he is so overpowering that  you can't take it for granted...but in my opinion his...
Satsui no Hadou grants endless energy (chi) and it can only be countered with "the power of nothingness" (Kinda like you douse fire with water...Do you see the analogy? Fire+fire(combat) bigger fire...)
Iron Fist "could" know "the power of nothingness" or and equivalent style to counter Akuma's chi...
#26 Posted by evodmasters (571 posts) - - Show Bio
@RavenDark said:

" @evodmasters: I agree, in the game he is so overpowering that  you can't take it for granted...but in my opinion his... Satsui no Hadou grants endless energy (chi) and it can only be countered with "the power of nothingness" (Kinda like you douse fire with water...Do you see the analogy? Fire+fire(combat) bigger fire...) Iron Fist "could" know "the power of nothingness" or and equivalent style to counter Akuma's chi... "

Now this thread is alive with feats and plausible theories, it's starting to look like a real battle thread. Awesome!
#27 Posted by evodmasters (571 posts) - - Show Bio

At this point in time I can't decide who is the winner. I'll ask a few more questions. It has been shown that Iron Fist can shatter the ground beneath him, so in theory could Danny do a Chi-based equivalent of the thunderclap?

#28 Edited by Vance Astro (91234 posts) - - Show Bio
@evodmasters said:

" At this point in time I can't decide who is the winner. I'll ask a few more questions. It has been shown that Iron Fist can shatter the ground beneath him, so in theory could Danny do a Chi-based equivalent of the thunderclap? "

How does shattering the ground equate to being able to do a thunderclap? Danny can project his chi like a blast..but I think that's as far as it goes.
#29 Posted by RavenDark (792 posts) - - Show Bio
@evodmasters: 
I think that Shang Chi preformed something similar focusing chi into his palm...so I don't see why Rand could not...but it would still depend on the defenition of the thunder clap
#30 Posted by Vance Astro (91234 posts) - - Show Bio

When Iron Fist was fighting Steel Phoenix their kicks collided and it made a huge shockwave..however I think it was their chi together that made the effect not the impact of just Danny's chi alone.

#31 Posted by evodmasters (571 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @evodmasters said:

" At this point in time I can't decide who is the winner. I'll ask a few more questions. It has been shown that Iron Fist can shatter the ground beneath him, so in theory could Danny do a Chi-based equivalent of the thunderclap? "

How does shattering the ground equate to being able to do a thunderclap? Danny can project his chi like a blast..but I think that's as far as it goes. "
This is what I am saying, he powers up both fists with chi, slams them together, causing a wide outward projection when they are combined.
#32 Posted by QuantomMan (216 posts) - - Show Bio

For all reasons listed above, as much as I like Danny, I'm going to say Akuma

#33 Posted by Vance Astro (91234 posts) - - Show Bio
@evodmasters said:
This is what I am saying, he powers up both fists with chi, slams them together, causing a wide outward projection when they are combined. "
That could work..but how long would it take him to put together that level of energy? Can he do that quickly in the middle of a fight or would he need the time and space? It's hard to tell in a comic battle because you don't know the passage of time between panels.
#34 Posted by RavenDark (792 posts) - - Show Bio

OK. know I'm convinced that a chi based shock wave is possible, though not necessarily hitting the ground

#35 Posted by Vance Astro (91234 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is the character in the scan?

#36 Edited by evodmasters (571 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:

" @evodmasters said:

This is what I am saying, he powers up both fists with chi, slams them together, causing a wide outward projection when they are combined. "
That could work..but how long would it take him to put together that level of energy? Can he do that quickly in the middle of a fight or would he need the time and space? It's hard to tell in a comic battle because you don't know the passage of time between panels. "
From what I have read, it doesn't take but a few seconds for him to gather chi to his palms, but unfortunately I have finals to prepare for so I am leaving this discussion for today. Do you wish to pick this up Tuesday? 
#37 Posted by RavenDark (792 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: Heh...ironically named "Thunderclap" ..He fried a guy accidentally in the Civil War,,
#38 Posted by Vance Astro (91234 posts) - - Show Bio
@evodmasters said:
" @Vance Astro said:

" @evodmasters said:

That could work..but how long would it take him to put together that level of energy? Can he do that quickly in the middle of a fight or would he need the time and space? It's hard to tell in a comic battle because you don't know the passage of time between panels. "
From what I have read, it doesn't take but a few seconds for him to gather chi to his palms, but unfortunately I have finals to prepare for so I am leaving this discussion for today. Do you wish to pick this up Tuesday?  "
We can pick it up whenever you want.
#39 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio

akuma should win here, he is more versed in his chi manipulation 

#40 Posted by evodmasters (571 posts) - - Show Bio
@RavenDark said:
" @Vance Astro: Heh...ironically named "Thunderclap" ..He fried a guy accidentally in the Civil War,, "
Thought that was Piledriver from the Wrecking Crew.
#41 Posted by evodmasters (571 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: Around 3:30 pm good for you?
#42 Posted by RavenDark (792 posts) - - Show Bio
@evodmasters: here is a new pic..I chose the first one cause of the 'clap

Sorry for digressing...
#43 Posted by evodmasters (571 posts) - - Show Bio
@RavenDark said:
" @evodmasters: here is a new pic..I chose the first one cause of the 'clap

Sorry for digressing... "
It's cool, do it all the time myself.
#44 Posted by evodmasters (571 posts) - - Show Bio
@evodmasters said:
" @Vance Astro: Around 3:30 pm good for you? "
I'm taking that as a yes, goodbye.
#45 Posted by Vance Astro (91234 posts) - - Show Bio
@evodmasters said:
" @evodmasters said:
" @Vance Astro: Around 3:30 pm good for you? "
I'm taking that as a yes, goodbye. "
Just PM me.
#46 Posted by RavenDark (792 posts) - - Show Bio

Rand is still in a disadvantage (IMO) the fighters cannot leave times square, how large is the times square (with four cars inbetween)? Which character benefits the most because of it? Who benefits by going underground or entering buildings? Who benefits in setting ambushes? Taking a breather? This small factors can effect your decision...
And we do not have to agree over the same thing to get along...Lord knows I'd strangle 70% of marvel writers if that was true...bye

#47 Posted by death monger (992 posts) - - Show Bio

AKUMA WILL TEACH HIM THE MEANING OF PAIN.
#48 Posted by evodmasters (571 posts) - - Show Bio

Well we still have not established Akuma's delay in his chi projection. Which is cannon the game, the comic, or the Anime?

#49 Posted by Argentino_18 (955 posts) - - Show Bio

Four words... 

Shun Goku Fu$%&# Satsu

#50 Posted by Vance Astro (91234 posts) - - Show Bio
@evodmasters said:
" Well we still have not established Akuma's delay in his chi projection. Which is cannon the game, the comic, or the Anime? "
The game is the only thing that's canon but if we just use that...Iron Fist definitely doesn't have a chance.