Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arcus1
No Caption Provided

Jinora, Ikki, and Meelo are on a mission to find Korra. Along the way, they must overcome a gauntlet of various opponents. Can they clear?

All fights take place on Air Temple Island in perpetual twilight. Starting distance is 25 feet.

The kids have their flight suits.

All are in character. Victory by ko

Round 1: S1 Zuko and Zhao

Round 2: Long Feng and 2 Dai Li

Round 3: Kya

Round 4: Azula

Round 5: Mako and Bolin

Round 6: Zaheer (no flight, with glider)

Round 7: P'li

How far do they go?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

I think Kya will probably stop them in their tracks. If not Azula definitely does. I think S1 Zuko and Zhao should be above Long Feng and the Dai Li too. Dai Li were fodder and I only recall Long Feng attacking Appa and being easily tossed aside into the water.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Kya will probably stop them in their tracks. If not Azula definitely does. I think S1 Zuko and Zhao should be above Long Feng and the Dai Li too. Dai Li were fodder and I only recall Long Feng attacking Appa and being easily tossed aside into the water.

Yeah I wasn't sure about their placement, but imo earthbending's a better counter for airbending than firebending

Why do you think Kya stops them, or Azula?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They struggle with 2 and 5

May lose someone(I bet Ikki) with 4.

But they stop hard at 7.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89 said:

Kya is an unfair opponent for them. All she has to say is go to your rooms,or I'm telling your father to win.

lol that could be an option

@koays said:

They struggle with 2 and 5

May lose someone(I bet Ikki) with 4.

But they stop hard at 7.

Any reasons?

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they probably lose at 2. the dai lee are much more experienced than these kids and they always gave team avatar a run for their money. hell, 2 of them did pretty well against aang, sokka and a toph who knew metal bending

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they probably lose at 2. the dai lee are much more experienced than these kids and they always gave team avatar a run for their money. hell, 2 of them did pretty well against aang, sokka and a toph who knew metal bending

Those 2 Dai Li were more of an annoyance than anything, not a serious challenge

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rogueshadow  Moderator

@arcus said:

@rogueshadow said:

Yeah I wasn't sure about their placement, but imo earthbending's a better counter for airbending than firebending

@arcus said:
@rogueshadow said:

I think her skill and experience will trump theirs overall, she was beaten by Zaheer, but he is a prodigy of the highest caliber. Jinora will be particularly troublesome, but I really can't picture them beating her, she's not.

Azula just has everything on them, I can't see how they could possibly beat her, too fast, skilled, experienced, powerful and cunning.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stop at Azula

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus but that was against opponents who are much more powerful than these guys here

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightofzero: true, but once the Gaang focused on getting rid of the 2 agents they took care of them pretty quickly iirc (I actually just remember Toph trapping one, don't remember what happened to the other)

@rogueshadow:

Azula will have to be fast to keep up against 3 airbenders. Jinora showed some crazy power with Opal, and by all rights Meelo and Ikki should be as strong as or stronger than Opal

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: She has them beat in every category.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Koays

@arcus: The Dai Li are just too skilled. And if their bending like they were during the eclipse it will be an up hill battle, that the kids win only because of speed and versatile.

Azula is fast agile and persistent enough to keep up with Aang so chasing one of them down won't be a problem. But they're numbers make it impossible for her and most others to win this solo. On the other hand, Azula will exploit any weakness so I wouldn't be shocked if she managed to take down one of them especially given how talkative they can be when winning.

Provided the team stays whole, Bolin and Mako move quick enough to give them a run for their money. And they aren't knew to seeing Airbenders in action. Again they just barely scrape by with agility and numbers, but its very close.

P'Li- Has a nuke in her brain. And i dont see them blocking or suppressing it like Aang. Plus she can firebend as well....they've got to keep moving to avoid a loss and with her blowing things up around them they're going to trouble. Any other opponent and they could just keep team wind blasting them back. But she fires too fast. No escape....but they go down fighting.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18: huh? 2 is Long Feng and the Dai Li, there's no she

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays:

I always saw the 2 during the eclipse as unusually skilled, more so than your average Dai Li

Let's assume that they're fully healed and all alive for each round

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Stormdriven

They could stop at 2 given earthbending is a hard (see what I did there?) counter to airbending, but they definitely don't make it past Azula.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: I guess Azula probably wouldnt bring anything less then the strongest ones all the way to the Fire Nation. But your right, even the ones we've seen since then havent been nearly as strong or focused.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: lol punny

The kids have handled earthbenders before (bison rustlers)

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: True, so they would probably pass more often than not. But I don't see them getting past Azula, given Azula has more experience than them and is much more ruthless i.e. won't go easy on them just because they're kids.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 juiceboks  Moderator

I'd argue they stop at 1. In character Meelo isn't going to listen to Jinora and would rather run off and take them on his own. One less airbender later, and Ikki will probably break down at the untimely cremation of her brother. Jinora will probably be affected by it too, but she may be mature enough to not let it bother her too much while danger is still present. Still, she has no feats of fighting off anybody as skilled and powerful as these two..so yea. Not getting past the duo.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 juiceboks  Moderator

@arcus: You said in character, and in character Meelo is a headstrong solo ops guy. Moreso than Season 1 Korra was.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: fine, then they're in character but working together

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@arcus: Alright. I'd still argue Team 1 beats them. Meelo has the most combat feats here and that's literally all against fodder and vines. Jinora has one feat with another airbender of making a whirlwind which took time that neither Zuko or Zhao will give them. Assuming of course Meelo and Ikki know how to do something like that and assuming that's the first thing they all decide on doing. And Ikki has no combat feats at all other than fighting Equalists..which at that point in LoK would hardly be considered a feat.

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By haoalchemist

@arcus: clears, Jinora solos up till 7

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks:

It barely took them any time to whip up that whirlwind. Ikki fought against the Equalists and Bison rustlers. Just because feats are against fodder doesn't make them invalid

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@arcus: A couple seconds of uninterrupted concentration isn't a luxury they'll have against two aggressive benders like Zhao and Zuko. And again this is assuming not only that Meelo and Ikki know this technique, but also that's what they'll decide to do right off the bat. Which honestly is only good for stalling..it wouldn't actually accomplish anything.

Those feats aren't invalid but they're not that useful if you're going to argue why they'd beat Zhao and Zuko since they're certainly not out of the firebending duo's capabilities. Both have experience fighting a bender who is quite a bit more powerful and a better fighter than all three combined, and have given him a good fight on more than one occasion. The kids on the other hand have never even fought a bender before..at least not by themselves..so they probably wouldn't handle their first time against aggressive firebenders well.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks:

Zhao's never given Aang a good fight, Aang toyed with him the whole time

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 juiceboks  Moderator

@arcus: I was more referring to Zuko when I made that statement, my bad.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: at ok. To be fair Aang's also been able to put Zuko down relatively easily when he gets serious

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^ i agree with his answer honestly.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@arcus: You mean like on Kyoshi Island? Granted he got up shortly afterwards, and Aang had fans which seemingly augmented his bending blasts. During their fight in the perfume making place, they were more or less even for quite a while and Aang was pretty serious during that time. Zuko has also straight up overpowered Katara at the end of season 1. His feats were already greater than any the kids have..even collectively.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Potentially, I think they could clear or at least make it to 7...however, realistically they probably stop at 3.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Azula or the pro-benders stop them, azula take on soukka katara and aang and she has kept them on the run sometimes, they even don't like facing her and these three are not up to them.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gizmorino: she took on an exhausted Sokka, Katara, and Aang when Katara only had a small amount of water @juiceboks: or when Aang beat him with his mattress, or even on Ember Island, might be others

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@arcus: The fight in his quarters showed how ingenious and unpredictable Aang can be. I doubt any of us expected him to airbend the mattress at Zuko, I know he didn't. Zuko was trying to make Aang get serious on Ember Island since he and everybody else was too lax. Plus Zuko wasn't K.Oed by the air blast anyway..just knocked down for a second.

I'm not saying Zuko is Aang's equal, just that he's shown throughout the series to be more than capable of making Aang work for his victories.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MetalJimmor

@arcus:

Zuko improved rather dramatically over the course of book one. That mattress fight isn't really valid. What counts is that toward the end of book 1 Zuko was able to fight fairly evenly with Aang for an extended period of time. Then Zhao was able to give Zuko a decent fight in their final duel, though Zuko wasn't exactly in his best condition. Aang also never really beat Zhao. He gained a moral and strategic victory, but it's a lot easier to focus entirely on evasion to beat someone than it is to actually risk attacking.

I don't see the kids getting past round 1. Zuko and Zhao are both quite a bit better than fodder, and Zuko has more experience than anyone on the list at fighting airbenders.

If they do somehow get past round 1 they should stop hard at round 3. Kya is much older, more experienced, and was able to hold her own against Zaheer, a man who regularly took down adult masters. The airbending kids just aren't able to compete at that level.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor:

I think casually toying with someone like Aang did to Zhao is a victory

Zuko was in pretty bad condition in his final fight with Zhao, that shouldn't just be dismissed

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: but she faces them multiple times like about 3 times, can't really remember

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: but she faces them multiple times like about 3 times, can't really remember

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus:

While Aang was toying with him, Aang wasn't really fighting him. Aang was dodging and luring Zhao into destroying the boats. Aang never landed a blow. He never even threw a blow. At the end of the fight Zhao was completely unharmed save his dignity. It was a victory from a strategic sense, you can't really call it a combat victory.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@arcus said:

@rogueshadow:

Azula will have to be fast to keep up against 3 airbenders. Jinora showed some crazy power with Opal, and by all rights Meelo and Ikki should be as strong as or stronger than Opal

She's displayed she is incredibly fast, she outpaced Aang, Toph and Sokka simultaneously without bending. We know how fast and powerful Aang is and Toph is easily quicker than the children in terms of reaction time, combat speed and has her pinpoint accuracy, given that she can do things like this:IS

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Azula being able to stay out of her grasp and Aang's simultaneously is a real testament to her speed. Plus Sokka, though that is obviously less impressive.

Given that she couldn't even bend at that point, she'll definitely be able to oupace them with her bending. No doubt in my mind they go down against Azula. I mean, they could very well stop at 1, then Kya schools them. Azula utterly decimates them. P'Li and Zaheer do the same. I don't really think Mako and Bolin should be above Azula.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Stops hard at 4. Azula owns the airbending kids hard. She's agile enough to keep out of their airbending, skilled enough to hold off all 3 of them and powerful enough to KO, incapacitate or even kill them with her potent firebending or lightning. The latter of which the kids have no defense against at all.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: fair enough, though do you really think Aang couldn't have beaten Zhao if he wanted to? @rogueshadow: oh she's fast for sure, though we can't forget that the Dai Li were helping her evade them @gizmorino: not by herself she doesn't