Agent Venom VS Hawkman

• 180 results
GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

@uugieboogie: The whole 42 issue run is great. I recommend it. He starts out fairly weak though, but I didn't read it for his power levels. Thompson's story of restarting his life and going from super-soldier to super-hero is fantastic. Unfortunately his current tenure with the GotG had the potential to be great but Bendis is doing NOTHING with him.

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@bluebeetle1 said:

@granitesoldier: i wasnt listing those feats as something AV hadnt done. I was listing them to show hes very much deserving of being in this battle. A nuke essentially just KOd him since he comes right back. Should be noted that his Nth metal took the blast unscathed.

Futures end IS canon...for now. It will get thrown out later. Someone will go back in time and avoid all of this from happening, Im sure.

If it is, it shouldn't be. There's no explanation for Batman behaving that way and I found it a grievous out of character moment. I was shocked by it, and it was completely not something Bruce would do.

It's obvious I wasn't happy with Batman's showing there, huh? Lol.

lol just a little. Yea i dont worry about their behaviors being different. In fact i encourage it. Its captivating. It makes you wonder what kind of craziness theyve encountered to make them change so much. its awesome. its mysterioius. its great writing.

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluebeetle1: I like it when reasoning is given. I wouldn't mind it if it didn't just happen in a one-shot, then is never touched upon again. Unless they are going to build on it, in which case I may change my judgement. Otherwise DC is basically going "lol five years later anything goes!" and troll-facing the readers haha. I like character development and character change...just not random inserts that have no rhyme or reason. Hopefully they will expand and explain WHY Bruce did what he did, because I'm very, very curious.

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluebeetle1: I like it when reasoning is given. I wouldn't mind it if it didn't just happen in a one-shot, then is never touched upon again. Unless they are going to build on it, in which case I may change my judgement. Otherwise DC is basically going "lol five years later anything goes!" and troll-facing the readers haha. I like character development and character change...just not random inserts that have no rhyme or reason. Hopefully they will expand and explain WHY Bruce did what he did, because I'm very, very curious.

so am i. hell, more importantly i wanna know why hes not trusting the batfam to lead his legacy. I wanna know what changed him so much that hes beat to hell and needs medication, robotics and all kinds of rehab just to go on a single mission. But above all, i wanna know why he did all that to make a clone of himself. I love this stuff. i know you dont. and thats fine, but to me its really exciting and it makes me wonder/day dream of all the possibilities that could have happened in the 5 years. Especially since they keep teasing every issue about how all the heroes did unspeakable things.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AV has the versatility and physicals to take the majority.

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AV has the versatility and physicals to take the majority.

so does hawkman

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluebeetle1: Hawkman doesn't have the same amount of versatility. Flash has body morphing, webbing, weapons. He has more going for him than Hawkman imo.

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluebeetle1: Hawkman doesn't have the same amount of versatility. Flash has body morphing, webbing, weapons. He has more going for him than Hawkman imo.

He can morph his body to an extent. So he kinda does. Hawkman has projectile weapons too. Nth metal daggers and nets. He also has tons of weapons. Sooooo yea

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier said:

so am i. hell, more importantly i wanna know why hes not trusting the batfam to lead his legacy. I wanna know what changed him so much that hes beat to hell and needs medication, robotics and all kinds of rehab just to go on a single mission. But above all, i wanna know why he did all that to make a clone of himself. I love this stuff. i know you dont. and thats fine, but to me its really exciting and it makes me wonder/day dream of all the possibilities that could have happened in the 5 years. Especially since they keep teasing every issue about how all the heroes did unspeakable things.

I don't dislike it don't get me wrong, but I feel like it's going to be a one-time thing with no explanation as to why. I like the why. I accept out of character showings and changes when a reason is given. For it to just happen seems a bit abrupt and random, especially if it is never going to be explained later (most of these Future's End are all one-shots so they likely won't). That's my big issue, it's not going to be expanded on, which I would love to see. Is this a new policy for Bruce? Is he willing to kill now? Or at least leave people for dead? What caused the change? I want to see damn it!

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluebeetle1 said:

@granitesoldier said:

I don't dislike it don't get me wrong, but I feel like it's going to be a one-time thing with no explanation as to why. I like the why. I accept out of character showings and changes when a reason is given. For it to just happen seems a bit abrupt and random, especially if it is never going to be explained later (most of these Future's End are all one-shots so they likely won't). That's my big issue, it's not going to be expanded on, which I would love to see. Is this a new policy for Bruce? Is he willing to kill now? Or at least leave people for dead? What caused the change? I want to see damn it!

i see. so youre more of a pessimist. Im more of a realist. I understand that they might explain it. And since this is going to be going on for about 7 more months i belive it to be a big possibility. I dont walk around pissed off thinking they wont. I dont worry about it. I trust that in the next 7 months or however long we have left, theyll explain the horrific events theyve gone thru thats changed them.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier said:

@bluebeetle1 said:

@granitesoldier said:

i see. so youre more of a pessimist. Im more of a realist. I understand that they might explain it. And since this is going to be going on for about 7 more months i belive it to be a big possibility. I dont walk around pissed off thinking they wont. I dont worry about it. I trust that in the next 7 months or however long we have left, theyll explain the horrific events theyve gone thru thats changed them.

Lol well I'm not a pessimist, in fact I'm an optimist, so maybe you're misreading my statements or I'm not explaining them the way I'd like to. But I'm not "worried" about it...I'm simply curious why change a character like that. I like to read things and engross myself in the character and try to understand and figure things out as they are occurring, rather than just take it for face value and just be like "it is what it is". I like changing the status quo, but I don't like when characters aren't treated like the living being they are meant to represent. You just don't wake up one day and change your entire moral outlook, that's not how people are. So I guess I am a realist in that sense.

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluebeetle1 said:

@granitesoldier said:

@bluebeetle1 said:

@granitesoldier said:

Lol well I'm not a pessimist, in fact I'm an optimist, so maybe you're misreading my statements or I'm not explaining them the way I'd like to. But I'm not "worried" about it...I'm simply curious why change a character like that. I like to read things and engross myself in the character and try to understand and figure things out as they are occurring, rather than just take it for face value and just be like "it is what it is". I like changing the status quo, but I don't like when characters aren't treated like the living being they are meant to represent. You just don't wake up one day and change your entire moral outlook, that's not how people are. So I guess I am a realist in that sense.

Ah, ok. I get you. Still im sure theyll explain it. im not worried. and i dont think theyve just up and changed his personality over night. its been 5 years man

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier said:

@bluebeetle1 said:

@granitesoldier said:

@bluebeetle1 said:

@granitesoldier said:

Ah, ok. I get you. Still im sure theyll explain it. im not worried. and i dont think theyve just up and changed his personality over night. its been 5 years man

I know, but I'm really interested in seeing the catalyst for this change. Like I said, I enjoy the why's.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluebeetle1: Not in the way Flash can. he can make it so he can get decapitated but it won't hurt as his head isn't really there. He can use webbing to pull Hawkman to him if he flies away or just web his mouth and suffocate him. He's also shown that he can play dead so he has some stealth as well. But is he fast enough to be able to hit Venom?

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluebeetle1: Not in the way Flash can. he can make it so he can get decapitated but it won't hurt as his head isn't really there. He can use webbing to pull Hawkman to him if he flies away or just web his mouth and suffocate him. He's also shown that he can play dead so he has some stealth as well. But is he fast enough to be able to hit Venom?

Hawkmans Nth metal can make it so that he doesnt get decapitated either as it will create a neck piece instantly(as its done before).

He can use his Nth metal axe to cut thru his webbing.

Not sure. How fast is Venom?

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By BlueBeetle1

@granitesoldier: i know. im saying im sure theyll explain it. thats what ive been saying. i enjoy the whys too. but i like a little mystery before im handed the answers.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: i know. im saying im sure theyll explain it. thats what ive been saying. i enjoy the whys too. but i like a little mystery before im handed the answers.

You said Future's End is supposed to be going on for the next, what, 6 months? If that's the case I'm sure we'll get more. I saw "one-shot" on the cover and felt like DC was going to leave us high and dry. I don't really look too far in advance on titles and events, I kind of take them as they come.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluebeetle1: nth metal is a problem as it's Dc's version of adamantium sort of. Venom is supposed to be as fast/faster than Spider-Man but he doesn't have the same feats Pete does. He's around Spider-Man level though.

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluebeetle1: nth metal is a problem as it's Dc's version of adamantium sort of. Venom is supposed to be as fast/faster than Spider-Man but he doesn't have the same feats Pete does. He's around Spider-Man level though.

These guys are very close . Hawkman and Deathstroke stalemated but it did seem like Deathstroke was a little faster. But because of Hawkmans stats it wasnt a big enough gap that he couldnt counter.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluebeetle1: Didn't Slade also have the Nth armor? It wouldn't have boded too well for him if he didn't. Not to mention New 52 slade has better stats than pre 52.

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluebeetle1: Didn't Slade also have the Nth armor? It wouldn't have boded too well for him if he didn't. Not to mention New 52 slade has better stats than pre 52.

kind of. Everyone always says that but i have to train myself to not just go with the flow. the truth is slades armor is a mix. not true Nth metal.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluebeetle1: I don't read his so I wouldn't know for sure. Him tanking a sub explosion is still impressive though.

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluebeetle1: I don't read his so I wouldn't know for sure. Him tanking a sub explosion is still impressive though.

oh, no doubt. But i'm just making sure you know.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days  Online
RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean said:

I think a lot of it is the fact that Hawkman is considered a 3rd rate hero and people are ignorant on him because they don't bother reading. When standing beside Superman, Green Lantern or the Flash, guys like Hawkman or Aquaman sorta seem like they are lacking in the power department. Oh Hawkman can fly? Who in DC can't? Hawkman has some super strength? Well Superman can move planets. So on and on. When people care more about power then persona, we get low key guys like Carter flying under the radar.

@granitesoldier I really need to give Agent Venom a shot. I read the first trade for Scarlet Spider based on your recommendations. I thought it was pretty fun. As for this battle, until I get caught up in trade I think I'm gonna say flip a coin as far as this fight is concerned.

I whole-heartedly agree with your first statement. I'm not going to sit back and say Hawkman is my favorite anything, or that I know everything about him, but he unfortunately is one of those characters who gets "lost in the mix" and "isn't impressive" simply because no one looks at him for who he is.

As for your second I really do recommend it. It's only 42 issues, and you see a big difference in Thompson from when he starts (drugged symbiote, and he doesn't get along with the suit) to where he finishes (he actually comes to an understanding with the suit). The series really felt like it was finally hitting it's stride when it was cancelled, and unfortunately the editors wanted Bunn to just wrap up a few plot points instead of write an epic finale, so the ending is weak. Thompson is an amazing protagonist though, and as a fellow service man you may relate to him as I do.

I wasn't calling you out with that post. Not at all. That first paragraph was because it seems not reading a character/knowing about a character equals hating a character. I was talking more to those other guys in that one because I don't feel it's the case.

I'll definitely give it a shot. I plan to take 2015 off from picking up Marvel (because Captain America, Thor and Wolverine are all dicked up, and Marvel doesn't deserve my money for it's current slate.) I'll get a few things from the past that I've missed and continue with DC, Valiant, and indies I like. Speaking of, I read "Last days of American crime" by Remender, and it was pretty decent. If you like Noir, you may dig it. If you're not already reading it, Invincible has been great in the trades I've read, and as for tv, Strikeback. I'm still selling you on that. You'll thank me once you give it a shot.

And to keep it on topic for the general public reading this, I'm still pretty much at the flip a coin stage with this fight.

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Tough match they have similar stats and are probably on the same level regarding overall power. I'd go with Venom in a very close fight.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agent Venom.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

Venom stomps...

stronger, faster, better, and more versatile.

this isn't that close

Yarva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawkman.