• 110 results
DraciosV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@draciosv:

I don't think they were in plain attire, being that well, they never explicitly use that tactic. So otherwise, I'll go with the first. But he won't know who 47 is.

But he'll know 47 is following him, yes?

Aside from from just sniping him, or outdrawing frank by shooting him in disguise. I'll just assume 47 is sent into the city unarmed.

Really? Outdrawing him? Frank's paranoid as hell, and his reaction feats overshadow 47's by leaps and bounds. I'm not seeing it. Okay, sniping him from a mile away works, I guess, but then there aren't many characters who couldn't just be sniped, so it's not really an impressive victory. Even then, 47 would need to follow Frank around to get a beat on his daily patterns, right? So Frank would pick up on that and kablam, 47 is now the hunted rather than the hunter. And then he dies.

• Put a bomb on a car in a city, and when punisher walks by, detonating it.
  • Poison anything he eats really. Use chemicals that cannot be detected by human senses.
  • Place live wires from an electrical source into a puddle. And when Frank steps on it. Electrify him.
  • Sneaking into any of punisher's safehouses and making it explode through various means. Whether it be a home made bomb or better yet, Frank's own armory. Or just once again, poisoning his food.

Just to name a few.

• 47's okay with splattering civilians all over the pavement? How's he going to be able to plant a bomb on a car without Frank noticing him following him around first? When he picks up on 47 following him like he did the Hand, he's liable to take a different route him.
  • Shame Frank prepares his own meals, eh.
  • Frank has survived being electrocuted before. In fact in an issue I read recently Frank was electrocuted in the pouring rain (and this was after being slashed across the gut and suffering heavy blood loss) and he remained concious and functioning. Regardless of all that, though, you'd need to be asserting the point that Frank is an absolute idiots who walks into puddles that have electric wires lying in them.
  • LOL. Really?

And it's not like he can't get into one of Frank's warehouses. 47 has gotten into secure corporations, military bases, terrorist bases and he got into the whitehouse and killed the vice president. If we're going to use extra senses like those, 47 has those too, and they are canon.

Dude, there's a reason SHIELD, the FBI, police - anyone, really - cannot find Frank's safehouses. Even while they're actively looking for him. I highly doubt 47 is going to have better luck. And what canon extra senses might those be?

But again, I'm arguing 47 can assassinate frank. Frank wins majority in any hand to hand match up. Otherwise, 47 assassinates him. He doesn't play around within those he hunts. And with 47's well...aimbot accuracy, in a fire fight, punisher gets headshotted like everyone else he fights because if punisher, good as his marksman ship is, does't even 47 in one shot, 47 will.

Nah, Frank wins every single time in hand to hand, or a shootout, or a prep war, or anything really.

Aimbot accuracy? You mean the autoaim the game gives you?

Are you now seriously trying to tell me that 47 is going to outshoot Frank in a straight up fire fight? I really can't wait to hear about all the speedsters, precognitive metahumans, bullet timers and insane targets 47 has hit over the decades.

Yes he'll know somebody is following him.

Sniping Frank would be literally just be a matter of him acquiring him in his scope and pulling the trigger.

• 47 does have a problem with unnecessarily killing civilian usually but he will kill if he needs. He does so in blood money, killing an innocent priest and reporter who discovered his identity. More than likely, the explosion would be in a parking lot of some kind. But it isn't something he wouldn't do if he had to. He often just looks for the best way to do it. As for without frank knowing. By doing when he is not in the area. Or planting multiple bombs.
  • He has to get ingredients.
  • No no. I mean taking a long puddle. Such as the ones below. The wires are behind a corner and out of view. Then when triggered, it travels along. And he simply won't see the wires. Frank surviving the wires after is believable. But frank would be pretty vulnerable during that time, during which, 47 come show himself and kill him when he weakened. Come to think of it. He can break his disguise and shoot frank close up. Even if frank attempts to dodge. He just will lead his shot and shoot where he will be.
  • I'll concede to that. 47 cannot find Frank's warehouses.

As for the extra senses, Diana in a trailer, while breaking the fourth wall, states "filling the role of this man is beyond most of you..." At that point, she explains why these mechanics exist. It's to help the player be able to do a mission in a way that 47 actually would be able to do. Says so around :34. Also explains how 47 improvises everything, knows who is a target, who is hostile. Can anticipate the path that enemies take or in her words. "glimpse into the immediate future..." Kind of like eagle vision. Or just..a strange form of intuition. Which kinda ties into his understanding of human nature.

Loading Video...

Even with all that. Frank still misses. He still shoots people in the chest when he intends to kill them. He still makes a lot of mistakes, like not stabbing the russian in the throat or crotech and instead going for his hardened abdomen. Or striking while he was laughing. 47 simply straight to the point kills people and doesn't like giving them a chance to retaliate.

@draciosv said:

@monsterstomp said:

@draciosv said:

@monsterstomp: There are certain things that are gameplay mechanics.

But any which way you wanna flip it around. There are scripted parts where 47 kills people in creative ways that are clearly canon ways that it could have gone down. EX. 47 sabotages a grill by adding gasoline to it. You sit there. Watch. Guy turns it on. And he lights himself on fire. Clearly something that he can do. There are some moments, like with point shooting (basically dead eye). That are all player skill.

47 didn't pour gasoline to a grill (iirc), I'm pretty sure he swapped the sauce for the gasoline and the guy did it himself. Aside the point, that is gameplay mechanics. Why? Because the player has more options then that and its extremely hard to distinguish what feats are canon without outside media like books or comics to back it up.

That is an example.

No. I disagree there. That is clearly something you are meant to be able to do. It simply means that it could have been what happened. Meaning that it is a relevant feat. That and that in canon, 47 is never detected.

No, you're wrong... again.

You don't play Call of Duty, no scope a target from 100 feet away with Soap MacTavish in campaign-mode, and call that a feat because "the gameplay allowed it". That logic doesn't apply here. You don't know what 47 canonically did unless you analyse the dialogue and draw conclusions from the cutscenes (Absolution). There is no other novelized media or tie-ins to support 47 from what I know. So unless you bring real credible feats into this debate, its over.

Punisher has years of feats against established combatants. 47 doesn't stand a chance... unless Frank was disabled in some disadvantaged way where I could beat him.

I get what your saying but that's...not the same thing...at all...

As for there being no novelized media, as I've said, there is a novel....

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@draciosv: Isn't it? You weren't saying that gameplay mechanics can be used as feats?

DraciosV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: Not all gameplay mechanics can be used as a feat. But at the same time, not all of them can be ignored. For example. Kratos rips people in two in gameplay. Sam Gideon is a super soldier who decapitates mechs. It's just up to the debaters to decide what counts and what doesn't. What is just....silly and what isn't. And then you combine that with cutscenes. You can't do this with every game. But many games you can. One common video game character everyone uses (and many seem to hate) is Dante.

Jimmy_McDon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

'nuff said.

Jueix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Punisher.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going to bump this. I give it to the engineered killer.

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agent 47 absolutely stomps The Punisher

SpinnerComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Frank delivers the punishment (pun very much intended)

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spinnercomix: Not a chance. Agent 47 is the definition of a Super human. If you unloaded an entire clip of AK-47 bullets into him. It literally wouldn't even phase him and he'd survive. He has a healing factor if you guys haven't realized this already.

SpinnerComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@mee09: really now?

Loading Video...

Show me Agent 47 with that much drive, and that much pain tolerance, then come talk to me.

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agent 47 is hired? he could seriously just go costumed and bring up his badass silverballers and bang bang