Afro Samurai runs the gauntlet.

mastermustard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mastermustard

Afro Samurai has to defeat these opponents with only a 20 second breather in between fights. How far does he make it?

Fight 1: Afro Samurai vs The Companions of the Hall (Drizzt, Bruenor, Wulfgar, Cattiebrie and Regis with standard gear and 5e stats)

Fight 2: Afro Samurai vs Balsa (from Moribito), Mugen and Jin (from Samurai Champloo). Each of them have had 1 month prep time.

Fight 3: Afro Samurai vs Kenshin Himura.

Fight 4: Afro Samurai vs Samurai Jack.

Fight 5: Afro Samurai vs Naruto Uzumaki at the peak of his abilities.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

You could argue he stops at 1. Drizzt alone would be a challenge.

mastermustard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drizzt is skilled. Probably more so than Afro Samurai, but AS has a bunch of superhuman feats to supplement his skill, while Drizzt only has superhuman agility and peak human strength, and I don't believe I've seen any feats from him that suggest he's a bullet-timer. If AS were to stop and fight them rather than blitzing them it could be a challenge.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#4  Edited By GraniteSoldier

@mastermustard: He's dodged lightning bolts and other spells. Does that cement him as a bullet timer? No, but bullets also don't exist in his realm. But I think lightning can be comparative. Not to mention he has Taulmaril, and his Drow abilities, giving him a range advantage and versatility.

And current Cattie-Brie is a very powerful wizard who is also a Chosen of Mielikki, she easily solos. If we are talking current versions.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well for a fact he stops at 4 IMO.

Keikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Keikai

@mastermustard: Why would put pit Afro against Naruto at his peak?, limit him to a specific arc/take him out.

I personally do not know these characters except for Afro and Naruto. I cannot answer the outcome of this gauntlet.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 juiceboks  Moderator

From what I've heard, he stops at 1. Barring that, he could stop at Jack.

mastermustard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't ever watched Afro Samurai's show, so this gauntlet was intended to be informative for me, but from the fierce debates that I've seen on the AS vs SJ posts I was led to believe that he was on a similar level. I've been reading about Drizzt in novels and D&D insider for nearly 20 years, and from what I've seen (just about everything) Drizzt would not best Samurai Jack in single, unprepared combat. Considering that it isn't the CotH's MO to gang up on single opponents it would be single-combat between him and Drizzt, at least until Drizzt is defeated, and at that point SJ or AS could blitz.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Done at 3 imo