#1 Posted by Porter (84 posts) - - Show Bio

Can Wolverine's claws cut through Colossus's organic steel skin?

#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio

Porter says:

"Can Wolverine's claws cut through Colossus's organic steel skin?"

I don't think so.But when A bunch of skrulls were revealed in Illuminati,there was one with Colossus arms and Wolverine's claws and the claws have to break the skin to come out so it's possible.

#3 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

Porter says:

Easily is there is sufficient force behind them.

#4 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"Porter says:
Easily is there is sufficient force behind them. "

I agree.

#5 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Quick question a little off-topic:

Doesn't DC have a metal that is like adamantium?

#6 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

This is no match even the weakest admantium is stronger then colussus armor i think it may be what omega red has so then take that back lol but still its way stronger. Colussus has even been hurt in his metal form.

#7 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"Quick question a little off-topic:Doesn't DC have a metal that is like adamantium? "

Yes but not cared enough to talk about.

#8 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"Alpha says:
"Quick question a little off-topic: Doesn't DC have a metal that is like adamantium? "
Yes but not cared enough to talk about."

I'll take that as u don't know.

#9 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"zee crusher says:
"Alpha says:
"Quick question a little off-topic: Doesn't DC have a metal that is like adamantium? "

I'll take that as u don't know. "

No as i asked the same question a few months ago and they told me but dc's metals were never that popular to talk about just as i stated up their.

#10 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"Alpha says:
"zee crusher says:
"Alpha says:
I'll take that as u don't know. "
No as i asked the same question a few months ago and they told me but dc's metals were never that popular to talk about just as i stated up their."

I think its called Promethium. I remember in a Action comic where a guy stole Supes body and ripped Cyborg apart, Cyborg said he wished he had his promethium body. But, as you said, "who cares". Back to topic.

Has Colossus body ever been cracked, dented, or cut?

#11 Posted by Kalossus (50 posts) - - Show Bio

I know Hulk broke his arms during World War Hulk: X-Men, so his metal can be broken.

#12 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

It has been quoted as having a melting point of approx 9000 deg F and a freezing point of -390 deg F (after which it becomes brittle).

The steel has ben pierced by shuriken (likley a special metal) thrown by Riptide of the Maurauders.

So yes his steely form is far easier to damage thatn adamntium or even secondary adamantium.

#13 Posted by Superboy-Prime 10000 (402 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

Supermanium is used to build Supermobile,used by Earth-One Superman under a red sun environment.Does that count?

#14 Posted by ThePeoplesMatt (15 posts) - - Show Bio

By Definition A living metal is invulnerable, the very nature of its tissue indicates that it may rebuild itself on a cellular level (hmmmm sound familiar?),  this would explain why the whole theoretical skrull claw problem.
just for the record though Colossus' skin/tissue is invulnerable he does not have wolverines awesome healing capabilities, and thus when damaged , is weakened considerably.

#15 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

colossus should give himself a adamantium shower lol :p

#16 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

ThePeoplesMatt said:

"By Definition A living metal is invulnerable, the very nature of its tissue indicates that it may rebuild itself on a cellular level (hmmmm sound familiar?),  this would explain why the whole theoretical skrull claw problem.
just for the record though Colossus' skin/tissue is invulnerable he does not have wolverines awesome healing capabilities, and thus when damaged , is weakened considerably.
"

How can a living metal by definition be invulnerable ???

Invulnerable is not the correct word as it means incapable of being hurt or damaged. As Colossus can be hurt and damaged, he is therefore clearly not Invulnerable.

#17 Posted by ThePeoplesMatt (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Which is stronger, a solid or a liquid
Living that as its shape is changed its sum mass remains the same, i.e. cut or not his skins mass remains constant,
while when organic matter is damaged normally it dies and in the case of scar tissue is rebuilds by flooding the effected area with new cells. the fact that he does not scar shows that his cells are self sufficient.
and my point was that his skin was invulnerable not him

#18 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio
ThePeoplesMatt said:
"Which is stronger, a solid or a liquid
Living that as its shape is changed its sum mass remains the same, i.e. cut or not his skins mass remains constant,
while when organic matter is damaged normally it dies and in the case of scar tissue is rebuilds by flooding the effected area with new cells. the fact that he does not scar shows that his cells are self sufficient.
and my point was that his skin was invulnerable not him
"
Why does it matter if a liquid is stronger than a solid ?
What relevance does it have to this argument ?

If his skin is cut, it is likely that the mass will not remain the same as even the nature of cutting with a scaple or even an energy beam causes the removal of some small area of skin.

To be honest, I cannot remember Colossus scarring but he does not rapidly heal over from wounds either as demonstrated in the after effects of the Maurauder member Riptides attack on him.

If his skin is invulnerable, how is that he is still able to be damaged i.e. cut and cracked. He is the same osmium steel alloy throughout.

#19 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
Porter said:
"

Can Wolverine's claws cut through Colossus's organic steel skin?

"
He had those claws outside his body not in the inside.

And in one alternative reality Proteus was able to cut Colossus arm in metal form so I can imagine that so can Wolverine but in another alternative reality that was lunch during 2001 Colossus was kidnappe by Weapon X and his organic still was mix with Adamantium, making extremly strongh but incapable of turning back to him. I say those two options show us that depending on the situation and power put on him he can be cut or be inpenetrable
#20 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

Quote for Colossus's durability,

In his armored form Colossus is highly resistant to most forms of bodily harm. His armor is capable of withstanding ballistic penetration, including that of a 110 millimeter Howitzer shell. He could survive a collision with a loaded, one-ton flatbed truck at 100 miles per hour or an explosion of 450 pounds of TNT. He can survive extremes of temperature from 70 degrees above absolute zero (-390 degrees Fahrenheit) to approximately 9000 Fahrenheit. However, it is theorized that above the latter temperature, his armored form would begin to melt. Colossus's armored form cannot rust under normal Earth conditions.

Now for Adamantium,

True Adamantium is nearly as strong as Captain America's shield, and is, for all practical purpose, indestructible. The degree of impermeability varies directly with the thickness of the Adamantium. A sufficient mass of Adamantium could survive a direct hit from a nuclear weapon. Only a device celled a Molecular Rearranger can alter the form of hardened Adamantium.

There a huge difference between these materials. One being almost indestructible, the other nowhere near it.

#21 Posted by Erik (33329 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe that Riptide actually makes the shurikens that he tosses. They are crystalized secretions actually. These secretions actually pierced Colossus' skin so he would easily be cut by adamantium if there was enough force behind it. Colossus' whole body becomes this organic metal and he bleeds energy.

#22 Posted by Chaos Burn (1787 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverines adamantium claws vs. Colossus' organic metallic skin???

Like pretty much EVERY versus question..... the answer is...

It depends on the writer...

#23 Posted by Eddie Brock/Venom (353 posts) - - Show Bio

uhh isnt captain americas sheild MADE out of adamantium? and uhh I dont know who would win but I think adamantium=strongest metal

#24 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio

Adamantium.CURBSTOMP

#25 Posted by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio
Eddie Brock/Venom said:
"uhh isnt captain americas sheild MADE out of adamantium? and uhh I dont know who would win but I think adamantium=strongest metal"

actualy it is made of adamantinium with some vibranium,but yes i agree Adamantinium >>> Colossus armour
#26 Posted by Omen (9 posts) - - Show Bio

As far as Colossus vs Wolverine, I don't think Wolverine should win(depends on the writer) given that he doesn't have the super strength needed to harm colossus in that way, but it's a tricky question.

As for Adamantium vs Osmium, it's not even a question. Adamantium is a stronger metal, but not nearly as flexible as osmium as is also the main toss up with Omega Red's Carbonadium (Carbonadium being the Soviet version of adamantium that is not as strong, but more flexible).

However, has anyone thought of Adamantine, the Olympian god metal that adamantium got its name from? Cause that could be a fun topic too.

#27 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio

A metal harder than diamond vs a metal a bit harder than glass, hmm physics say that with enough force the admantium will go through all the time and that the organic steel will never go through admantium.

#28 Posted by Omen (9 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure where you're getting the "a bit harder than glass" thing from, (it can easily stand up to things like high calibre bullets and dynamite) but regardless of composition, it will only go through the organic steel with enough force and it's still subject to mass and density (this applies to both the adamantium and the organic steel). But, other than those couple details, you're pretty much right. Adamantium is a stronger metal.

#29 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio
Omen said:
"I'm not sure where you're getting the "a bit harder than glass" thing from, (it can easily stand up to things like high calibre bullets and dynamite) but regardless of composition, it will only go through the organic steel with enough force and it's still subject to mass and density (this applies to both the adamantium and the organic steel). But, other than those couple details, you're pretty much right. Adamantium is a stronger metal."
Ever heard of the Moh's scale?  Steel is a bit above glass on it, a material below another on the scale is incapable of scratching it.   Thus because bullets are made of lead, they cannot scratch steel due to their far lower score on the scale.
#30 Posted by Omen (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Acctually I have heard of it, but I wasn't thinking of it when I wrote that. You raise a good point... touche' salesman. But do keep in mind that we technically don't know the exact composition of Colossus' organic steel. All we know is that it's been said to resemble steel. 

#31 Posted by Hulkstrongerthan1 (1041 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dreadnaught said:
" A metal harder than diamond vs a metal a bit harder than glass, hmm physics say that with enough force the admantium will go through all the time and that the organic steel will never go through admantium. "
colossus metal is far harder than diamond.
adamantium is the strongest metal know

colossus armor comes in after carbondanium
#32 Posted by why so serious (1388 posts) - - Show Bio

osmium is stronger.

#33 Posted by "Colossus" (4111 posts) - - Show Bio
@why so serious said:
" osmium is stronger. "
Actually carbondanium is the weakest form of adamantium. colossus armor comes in right behind it.
dont forget colossus broke vibranium before
#34 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
Adamantium
 carbonadium 
then osmium...
vibranium

colossus has bn pierced by calcium shurikens from rip tide... he has bn hurt by nerve blows by ord..... he ahs bn scratched by logan's claws by accident... he has stated that logan can cut him and is afraid of logans claws on panel..... the X- cutioner cracked his armor and left him nearly dead with his shia'r staff..
#35 Posted by TheDarkHeart (49 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember reading old X-men books where Wolverine fought Colossus and was just able to scratch him up. I think someone covered this earlier in the thread when they mentioned the strength behind the adamantium claws. They used to go back and forth quite a bit with Colossus not being afraid of Wolverine they seemed about equally matched

#36 Posted by "Colossus" (4111 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
"

Porter says:

I don't think so.But when A bunch of skrulls were revealed in Illuminati,there was one with Colossus arms and Wolverine's claws and the claws have to break the skin to come out so it's possible.

"
scan?
#37 Posted by TheDarkHeart (49 posts) - - Show Bio
@the creator: The only thing I can remember about Colossus and scaring was he used to heal when he switched forms. So no Scarring. This memory is from a long time ago, like during the time of the original Dark Phoenix and when she was a bad bad little girl. When it seemed the X-men were always just dealing with alien civilizations or preventing Magneto from dealing with alien civilizations in that special way of his. So it easily could have been reconed. Hope this helps.
#38 Posted by RavenDark (792 posts) - - Show Bio

In the canon, if Colossus suffered huge internal damage while in armor form (Had his guts pulled out), he had to be fixed before reverting to human form, so he would not die when all that organic steel turned soft-tissue...

#39 Edited by the darknessss (2750 posts) - - Show Bio

easy answer,,,,,,,,,,,can hulk bend adamantium?? if not,its stronger therefore it will cut osmium with the right pressure.
#40 Posted by xan84 (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman shows up, grabs logan and guts Colossus.
#41 Posted by Captain_Awesome85 (452 posts) - - Show Bio

Cut? I would assume yes, but puncture? I dont think his skin could be. The amount of pressure to no only break the skin but continue through when his entire body converts to metal would be ridiculous. Adamantium is stronger but when it comes down to pushing a knife, no matter what the material, through a giant solid block like Colossus I dont think I could be done. PS, it took WW hulk to bend them so if he can break a plant he should be able to break either of the two metals.

#42 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the following order for density is:

Marvel:

1. Adamantium
  2. Vibranium //// Fake Adamantium
  3. Carbonium //// Organic Metal

DC:

1. Volatile Prometheum
  2. Depleted Prometheum
  3. Nth Metal

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#43 Posted by whydama (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

Marvel:

1. Adamantium

DC:

1. Volatile Prometheum
  2. Depleted Prometheum
  3. Nth Metal

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Density and material strength are not the same thing. And I think Uru should be heavier than Vibranium

#44 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@whydama said:

@Floopay said:

Marvel:

1. Adamantium

DC:

1. Volatile Prometheum
  2. Depleted Prometheum
  3. Nth Metal

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Density and material strength are not the same thing. And I think Uru should be heavier than Vibranium

I meant non-mystical. And I did mean strength, dunno why I said density.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#45 Posted by God_Spawn (38102 posts) - - Show Bio

Colossus has already expressed fear of Logan's claws a few times and Logan scored him in a practice session. If it was an actual fight, yes, Logan wins. And considering those claws have stabbed/sliced/cut through Thing, multiple versions of Hulk, Namor, Thor and even Thanos, then that adds more towards a yes.

#46 Posted by whydama (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

@whydama said:

@Floopay said:

Marvel:

1. Adamantium

DC:

1. Volatile Prometheum
  2. Depleted Prometheum
  3. Nth Metal

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I meant non-mystical. And I did mean strength, dunno why I said density.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Vibranium is stronger than adamantium

Vibranium>Adamantium>Carbonium

#47 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@whydama:

I believe Captain America's Vibranium shield was dented by Thor, that is, his original shield. I also recall it being shattered at one point. I don't ever recall seeing adamantium so much as scratched by anything other than adamantium. Fake manufactured adamantium has, that is, the kind Tony Stark and Stryker usually use, but the real stuff, like the stuff in Wolverine's body, is pretty much indestructible.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#48 Posted by Lord_Johnathan (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

@whydama:

I believe Captain America's Vibranium shield was dented by Thor, that is, his original shield. I also recall it being shattered at one point. I don't ever recall seeing adamantium so much as scratched by anything other than adamantium. Fake manufactured adamantium has, that is, the kind Tony Stark and Stryker usually use, but the real stuff, like the stuff in Wolverine's body, is pretty much indestructible.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Captain America's shield is made out of an Iron-Vibranium alloy that is stronger than Adamantium. It's just that it happens to run up against things like Cul Borson or Infinity Gauntlet Thanos. Recently, Cap's shield has had Uru added into it's alloy, making it even STRONGER.