Adam Warlock (Marvel) vs. The Anti-Monitor (DC)

Avatar image for alternative_backup
alternative_backup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Adam Warlock (with the Infinity Guantlet):

No Caption Provided

vs.

The Anti-Monitor (Crisis on Infinite Earths):

No Caption Provided

COIE Anti-Monitor is preparing to invade the Marvel universe. Adam Warlock with Infinity Gauntlet learns Monitor the latent threat and decides to confront him. Both characters start a fierce battle.

Who wins in a fight for everything and full power?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Killemall

This has been done so many times, as in Infinity Gauntlet vs Anti Monitor..

alternative_backup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall Before performing versus, I searched if there was an issue related between the two characters. I did not find. However, although several times has been fighting between the Infinity Gauntlet and Anti-Monitor, I have specified the ported, who is Adam Warlock.

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This has been done so many times, as in Infinity Gauntlet vs Anti Monitor..

This.

Anyways I think this fight is a stalemate, though I've heard Adam Warlock with the Infinity Gauntlet is more powerful then Thanos with it so Adam might come out the winner after a long fight.

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackknight: I believe it was merely that Warlock, with his intimate connection to the soul gem, was able to use the powers with much more finesse.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@jackknight: @the_imperator: What has Warlock done with Infinity Gauntlet that shows he was better at it then Thanos? Thanos defeated Abstracts just as well, the only thing in Warlock favour is him being matched with LT, but we have no idea how that would have been played under Thanos.

Warlock has intimate connection with the infinity gem, because he was hand picked by the soul gem itself to be its weilder and he was merged with the gem perfectly which gave him connection to the infinity gem. That connection only helps him communicate with the gem, without the gaunltet on his hand, he is the only one who has thus far been shown to do so. That doesnt change the fact that with the gauntlet he doesnt have any more impressive feat that Thanos.

Avatar image for christhecomicpunk
ChristhecomicPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ChristhecomicPunk

IG wins.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I Read again COIE, and I'm sorry to ray that because I know of lot of members of this forum would not be happy, but IG is clearly above AM.

First part of the story, he was badly hurt by supergirl alone, through physical attacks! (that would never happen to IG)

Second part of the story, he use a weapon to destroy universes, and he become stronger because of that, but we don't know how much stronger. Again, the different SH were able to attack and hurt him.

I should take the time to scans some pages, but I guess most of you have the paperback or something equivalent. Read it again, AM feats (not the ones through his devices) do not justify putting him at the same level as IG (that's my interpretation anyway).

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackknight: @the_imperator: What has Warlock done with Infinity Gauntlet that shows he was better at it then Thanos? Thanos defeated Abstracts just as well, the only thing in Warlock favour is him being matched with LT, but we have no idea how that would have been played under Thanos.

Warlock has intimate connection with the infinity gem, because he was hand picked by the soul gem itself to be its weilder and he was merged with the gem perfectly which gave him connection to the infinity gem. That connection only helps him communicate with the gem, without the gaunltet on his hand, he is the only one who has thus far been shown to do so. That doesnt change the fact that with the gauntlet he doesnt have any more impressive feat that Thanos.

Warlock handwaved free the beings that had been caught, and IMO did a better and quicker job fighting them than Thanos did. But he also had prior knowledge and wasn't subconsciously holding back.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Warlock can win. If he really is stronger than Thanos because of his better feats with the IG and matched LT, then he wins. Though I'll be easily swayed because I never read many issues w/ Adam Warlock.

James_Lockart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to go with AM.

Just don't see him getting stomped by IG that's all.

alternative_backup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bullpr The Anti-Monitor was weakened in its confrontation against Supergirl. In the OP specified that both characters are at full power and Anti-Monitor at full power was latent multiversal threat planned to destroy creation.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bullpr The Anti-Monitor was weakened in its confrontation against Supergirl. In the OP specified that both characters are at full power and Anti-Monitor at full power was latent multiversal threat planned to destroy creation.

I disagree with that.

I'll come back with scans at another time.

Sethlol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sethlol

AM pretty easily.

alternative_backup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sethlol No way, Adam Warlock with the Infinity Gauntlet was much more powerful with Thanos with said artifact. Let us recall that the classic Infinity Gauntlet multiversal had potential. It would be a pretty close fight, but I share your opinion, Anti-Monitor would win, but not easily.

XxGin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anti

alternative_backup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump!

Avatar image for ifoughtgalactus
Ifoughtgalactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this fight takes place in the Marvel Universe, Warlock stomps. If this takes place in DC universe, anti-monitor stomps. It's really hard to cross comic universes when it comes to relics like the IG. If Flash's Speedforce doesn't exist in the Marvel U, why would the IG work in DCU?

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AM