#1 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9184 posts) - - Show Bio

Rules: 
Winner by death, KO, surrender. 
Random encounter. 
Morals off 
Normal equipment 
Start off twenty feet apart 

#2 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

wooo! I like Hercules, his movies were classic! Can't remember the actor's name though. Hmm, I haven't seen Titans yet... so I will wait for others to comment

#3 Posted by GhostRider2 (3250 posts) - - Show Bio

Well if it's movie versions i go with Perseus.

BUMP

#4 Posted by War_Hulk_Kills_Sentry2 (554 posts) - - Show Bio

Achilles owns goes through so many soldiers

#5 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Achilles rather easily. Hercules often gets tagged by common fodder, he jobs all the time (it's the nature of the show) so in this he'd likely die especially since his standard gear is nothing.

#6 Posted by niBBit (718 posts) - - Show Bio

Perseus takes this. In Wrath of the Titans he got smashed trough a couple of stone pillars and got punched in the face repeadedly by Ares who is strong enough to lift a fully armored human and toss him like a radgoll and strong enough to break stone with his bare hands. Perseus also fought Acrisius/Calibos who was strong enough to block a fully armored soldiers dropkick without flinching or moving while he was running at him. Acrisius/Calibos was also strong enough to crush a soldiers helmet with ease but when he grabbed Perseus he could't harm him. Perseus also fought a Minotaur who was impaling him with his horn and whatnot. All of that and more.

Along with Perseus durability and strength he also has shown to be fast and agile. When he fought Acrisius/Calibos the second time he was using spinning attacks, backflips and various jumping moves. Perseus also said that he didn't held a sword in his life (first movie) shortly after, Draco wants to train him. Perseus fails the first time and gets knocked down. He gets up and was able to best Draco much to his suprise. Its because he's a Demigod he apperently can learn superfast.

Achilles might be the most skilled fighter but its not gonna help him when Perseus simply overpowers him with his strength and speed, not to mention Perseus has better equipment that Achilles (Lightning Sword, Scorpinoch Shield)

#7 Posted by New_World_Order (12403 posts) - - Show Bio

Perseus.

#8 Posted by MonsterStomp (15343 posts) - - Show Bio

Achilles. Dude is undefeatable in combat and is immortal unless someone strikes his achilles tendon. Since there is no prior knowledge, I doubt anyone could kill him.

#9 Edited by Strider92 (16042 posts) - - Show Bio

Perseus. The guy was a confirmed demi-god with weapons to match. If he has his standard gear that most likely makes it a stomp in his favor. Heck Perseus even fought Ares (God Of War) in close combat. No-one here is close to that.

#10 Posted by GhostRider2 (3250 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonsterStomp: Perseus can kill him, did you see wrath of the titans or clash?I was more impressed by him than Achilles.

#11 Posted by MonsterStomp (15343 posts) - - Show Bio

@GhostRider2 said:

@MonsterStomp: Perseus can kill him, did you see wrath of the titans or clash?I was more impressed by him than Achilles.

Perseus isn't killing him, not without prior knowledge of his weakness. I don't care about Clash of the Titans or Wrath, both films were sh*t. It's been a while but did Perseus even accept his god status at the end of Wrath? He isn't winning as a mortal.

#12 Edited by GhostRider2 (3250 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonsterStomp: Damn i can't remember that but he killed Ares.

#13 Posted by theDCkid (874 posts) - - Show Bio

Based on

@nibbit said:

Perseus takes this. In Wrath of the Titans he got smashed trough a couple of stone pillars and got punched in the face repeadedly by Ares who is strong enough to lift a fully armored human and toss him like a radgoll and strong enough to break stone with his bare hands. Perseus also fought Acrisius/Calibos who was strong enough to block a fully armored soldiers dropkick without flinching or moving while he was running at him. Acrisius/Calibos was also strong enough to crush a soldiers helmet with ease but when he grabbed Perseus he could't harm him. Perseus also fought a Minotaur who was impaling him with his horn and whatnot. All of that and more.

Along with Perseus durability and strength he also has shown to be fast and agile. When he fought Acrisius/Calibos the second time he was using spinning attacks, backflips and various jumping moves. Perseus also said that he didn't held a sword in his life (first movie) shortly after, Draco wants to train him. Perseus fails the first time and gets knocked down. He gets up and was able to best Draco much to his suprise. Its because he's a Demigod he apperently can learn superfast.

Achilles might be the most skilled fighter but its not gonna help him when Perseus simply overpowers him with his strength and speed, not to mention Perseus has better equipment that Achilles (Lightning Sword, Scorpinoch Shield)

On top of all this he also beheaded Medusa, slayed the Kraken and defeated Kronos.

#14 Posted by i_like_swords (12733 posts) - - Show Bio

@nibbit said:

(I know it's an old post but I thought I'd rebuttle it to throw in my opinion.

I disagree with this. Perseus showed no real feats to suggest he can resist piercing damage. Sure he got knocked around a lot and kept fighting, but Achilles is clearly more skilled, but more importantly, can't be hit himself. We all must remember that Demigods are all born with a gift of their own. Achilles was his skill. If we are going by myth then it's definitely Achilles due to invulnerablity, but assuming it's movies, then it comes down only to Achilles' sheer skill advantage. I also don't believe Perseus is that much faster than Achilles. I see it being a close match but honestly, there is no substitute to being the far more skilled combatant, unless on a large scale. The only advantages Perseus has is weaponry and durability. Achilles has skill, arguably combat speed and combat experience.

I can't speak for Hercules but all I do know is that Achilles also defeats him for the same reasons.

*JUST TO SAY* Achilles was not invulnerable in the films, everyone just thought he was because he is never hurt in combat.
When the little boy says to him something like "Is it true what they say about you, that you really can't be killed" Achilles replies "I wouldn't be bothering with the shield then would I"
Also, when Hector tags him he is clearly stunned for a moment and checks to see his injuries. This implies he is very rarely ever tagged in combat. If he was invulnerable he would have picked up on it already from never being cut and bleeding before, but instead he actually checks to see if he is wounded.

#15 Posted by i_like_swords (12733 posts) - - Show Bio

Perseus. The guy was a confirmed demi-god with weapons to match. If he has his standard gear that most likely makes it a stomp in his favor. Heck Perseus even fought Ares (God Of War) in close combat. No-one here is close to that.

Achilles is also a confirmed Demigod. Perseus got his ass beat by Ares. The only reason he lasted two seconds in their fight was because he had two godly weapons. Ares only had one aswell mind you. As soon as he was relieved of those weapons Ares destroyed him. Not lowballing by any means but I'm just saying, it's not as if he hung with a god in combat. Achilles would have done the same in Perseus' place.

#16 Posted by OptimusPalm (1803 posts) - - Show Bio

Achilles. Shows the best feats. Has the most skill by far.

Theseus from Immortals would stand a better chance against Achilles. (if you go by feats from the films)

#17 Edited by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't Hercules lift the earth or something?

#18 Posted by whydama2 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Movie Versions: Perseus wins hands down.

Myth versions: It boils down to Achilles vs Hercules. Achilles does not have the strength to injure Hercules while Hercules doesnt know about Achilles heel

#19 Posted by Strider92 (16042 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: Nope film Achilles was never confirmed as a demigod. He was just a guy who was really good at fighting nothing more. If this was classic (Myth Achilles)then it would be a different story but Troy Achilles isn't a demigod.

#20 Posted by coolcat4 (189 posts) - - Show Bio

Perseus he killed the Minotaur by punching it

#21 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5218 posts) - - Show Bio

Achilles easily kills Hercules then after some time he kills Perseus. Granted the later received no more gifts from Zeus.

#22 Posted by i_like_swords (12733 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: I can't remember where but I think there may have been a small part where it mentions his mother being an immortal nymph. Aside from that, you do see him with his mother in the water, and she was able to predict his fate based on if he went to Troy or not. It doesn't scream out "This is Achilles' mother who is a goddess" but it's there.

#23 Posted by niBBit (718 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: I can't remember where but I think there may have been a small part where it mentions his mother being an immortal nymph. Aside from that, you do see him with his mother in the water, and she was able to predict his fate based on if he went to Troy or not. It doesn't scream out "This is Achilles' mother who is a goddess" but it's there.

No it doesn't mention his mother being an immortal nymph. The only thing that was said was about Achilles and his mother came from that boy in the beginning of the movie. The boy said ''Are the storys about you true? I heard that your mother is an immortal goddess, they say you can't be killed'' then Achilles replied '' I would't bother with this shield thing would i''

You replied to my post about Achilles being more skilled (see above) while i agree with this i must say that Achilles skill adantage will get him only so far. Achilles might be better than Perseus but not by a large margin, Perseus had some decent fighting skills, he isn't canon fodder, look att he 2nd Calibos fight. The problem is this, whats gonna happen when Perseus swings his sword and Achilles tries to block it with his shield? and yes Achilles can be tagged like in his fight with Hector where Achilles needed to block several attacks with his shield, Achilles won't be dodging every hit Perseus makes. We are talking about a guy who has enough strength to momentarly hold a Chimera and Ares who is strong enough to lift a fully armored soldier and toss him like a small child and brake stone pillers with his bare hands and more. Perseus swinged his sword against Calibos (2nd fight) and Calibos is seen catwheeling from a rock to the ground. One swing from Perseus and Achilles would break his arm from the impact and Achilles could kiss his shield goodby because Achilles has inferior weapons compare to Perseus who litterly has weapons from the gods.

You say that Perseus probably can't resist piercing damage (we didn't see him resist that sure) but aside from that Perseus resisted: Blows from Ares and Calibos, intense heat from Kronos, surving falls like when he fell from that cliff in the forest scene with Calibos, getting smashed to some granite pillers by Ares and then getting back up, survived being hit by Hades shockwave/magic attack in the first movie when Hades appears before the King and Queen, getting smahsed against a pillar by the Scorpinoc, falling with Hades demon trough glass and into the fire (was not cut or burned), getting hit by full force with Ares's sharp mace several times and still getting back up.

Thats why i'm leaning towards Perseus. Achilles only has his skill other than that he is outclassed in every way, and like i said skill will get you only so far. You can be skilled all you want but it won't get you anywhere if your up against a guy who already has surved being hit by a sharp object (Ares mace) who has enough strength to tackle mythological beasts and gods, and has taken more punishment than Achilles could dare hope for.

#24 Edited by alexandrinus (428 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll go for Hercules in this one. I mean, sure he seems slow and a simple jobber in the series, but there is one thing that keeps happening in the series that always grants him the victory. He easilly adapts to every situation. In the first series he goes around smacking simple people, but has the series evolved he goes on to figth gods and Titans and always comes out victorious.

I mean he shows less skill in every department (apart form strength) than the other two candidates but so did he at the begginnig of the series. He goes from being simple strong jobber to an expert archer and swordsman. He is even good with the spear, the dagger, mace and shield. I also remember in the series that he is able to catch several arrows after being shot at him and even stops/grabs swords by the blade, wielded at him, with his bare hands. And those stupid moves he uses to dodge attacks... Will they work in this figth???? If so, Hercules wins.

About Achilles and Perseus, I think Perseus would win. Achilles is skilled, yes but that's all he has. If he was invulnerable like in the myths (actually his invulnerability from the myths was only mentioned in the 1th century AD while he "lived" even before the 7th century BC and Homer's Iliad actually mentions Achilles being hurt in an elbow when a spear hit him and ancient jar paintings show him dying with an arrow (or arrows) to the chest, not his heel.) he would be unbeatable, sure and even so the sword used by Perseus migth just be able to surpass that, since is a weapon made by the gods to figth otherl gods.

Persues his also skilled (maybe not has much as Achilles), but in addition wields much better equipement, able to shatter man made equipment. So, would Achilles shield be enough to parry Perseus attacks?

#25 Edited by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

Kevin Sorbo Hercules ftw. you guys must not remember all the ridiculous feats Hercules did in the legendary journey, i remember one instance where Herc breaks an enchanted chain made by Odin him self, homeboy was a beast.

#26 Posted by hyiena (1790 posts) - - Show Bio

Achillis movie version was just a very skilled plain man with no powers.

#27 Edited by christianjaysonantonio (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Perseus, killer of the Kraken re killed Cronus..... Hercules, killed the nemean lion with his bare hands, has a lot of physical strength.... they're well known Demigod... they are sons of Zeus the God of all Gods.... it's obvious that these two Demigod is much powerful compare to a normal man like a Greek hero Peleus (Achilles Father).... but Thetis a Sea goddess Nymph (Mother of Achilles) that's why Achilles is also a Demigod a combination of a Hero and a Sea Goddess, that destined to bear a son stronger than his father.. that is why Zeus and Poseidon not continued the courtship with Thetis because of the prophecy, ..... if the two demigods will not receive a help or a powerful weapon from Zeus, so it would be a fair match... I go with Achilles! he was invulnerable in all of his body except for his heel but he only fights with a normal Spear, Sword and a Buckler..... a welltrained soldier, a killer... always fights for his honor and usually prevailing, a greek hero of the trojan war...... that man was born to end lives ^_^

#28 Posted by ShootingNova (15352 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I could very well be supporting Perseus, killing Kronos is not a viable feat. The OP stipulates regular equipment, and the Spear of Triam is not among Perseus's regular equipment.