Achilles vs Kratos (non-god form)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactived-3246821
deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactived-3246821

Who would win?

Avatar image for deactived-3246821
deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By deactived-3246821

Does Achilles stand a chance?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dondave

Kratos ftw

N0tS0An0nym0us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By N0tS0An0nym0us

@dondave said:

Kratos ftw

why did you bump this after 5 years

Posting in a thread

• Is an old thread a clear spite match and you're bumping it just to point that out? Don't post, just flag it and a mod will likely lock it.
MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MonsterStomp

@N0tS0An0nym0us: dondave didn't oppose the rules now did he/she?

N0tS0An0nym0us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By N0tS0An0nym0us

@MonsterStomp said:

@N0tS0An0nym0us: dondave didn't oppose the rules now did he/she?

Well..if you'd look at the rule itself ......

@N0tS0An0nym0us said:

Posting in a thread

• Is an old thread a clear spite match and you're bumping it just to point that out? Don't post, just flag it and a mod will likely lock it.

Straight out of the battles bible.....yeah he/she kind of did oppose the rules by bumping a spite thread that is 5 years old

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MonsterStomp

@N0tS0An0nym0us: Its not a spite. Kratos is reduced to mortal form. Achillies body was invulnerable to physical attacks except his heel.

N0tS0An0nym0us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By N0tS0An0nym0us

@MonsterStomp said:

@N0tS0An0nym0us: Its not a spite. Kratos is reduced to mortal form. Achillies body was invulnerable to physical attacks except his heel.

Current Kratos was basically a god and killed Zeus, he had the other gods weapons and some serious magic powers..... Achilles was still vulnerable to getting chopped in half ......, not to mention that Kratos is super strong......think that over, then tell me this isn't spite

Laurcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Laurcus

@MonsterStomp said:

Even non-god form Kratos was still capable of pwning Zeus. In fact god Kratos is one of his weaker incarnations. Not his weakest, but he's got way better feats in God of War 2, and ridiculously better feats in God of War 3.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MonsterStomp

@N0tS0An0nym0us said:

@MonsterStomp said:

Current Kratos was basically a god and killed Zeus, he had the other gods weapons and some serious magic powers..... Achilles was still vulnerable to getting chopped in half ......, not to mention that Kratos is super strong......think that over, then tell me this isn't spite

This isn't spite. I'm talking about the OP making Kratos mortal due to his opponent being mortal.. So all of Kratos' powers are negated. That's if I'm understanding the title right.

N0tS0An0nym0us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By N0tS0An0nym0us

@MonsterStomp said:

@N0tS0An0nym0us said:

@MonsterStomp said:

This isn't spite. I'm talking about the OP making Kratos mortal due to his opponent being mortal.. So all of Kratos' powers are negated. That's if I'm understanding the title right.

non god form is after GOW2 ..... meaning GOW3 when he was only a demi god (again) and still proceeded to kill all the gods and Cronus

Laurcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Laurcus

@MonsterStomp said:

@N0tS0An0nym0us said:

@MonsterStomp said:

God form Kratos typically refers to the version that's used from the end of God of War to the start of God of War 2. Kratos then gets his god powers taken away, after which time he becomes vastly more powerful throughout God of War 2 and 3.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MonsterStomp

@Laurcus: Makes sense. Kratos gets his powers taken and he's vastly more powerful.

@N0tS0An0nym0us: Apologies sir/ma'am. I'm not 100% on the GOW series. I'm an xbox guy.

N0tS0An0nym0us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By N0tS0An0nym0us

@MonsterStomp said:

@N0tS0An0nym0us: Apologies sir/ma'am. I'm not 100% on the GOW series. I'm an xbox guy.

so, like I said......

@N0tS0An0nym0us said:

@dondave said:

Kratos ftw

why did you bump this after 5 years

Posting in a thread

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MonsterStomp

@N0tS0An0nym0us: Cool. Flagged.

Laurcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Laurcus

@MonsterStomp said:

@Laurcus: Makes sense. Kratos gets his powers taken and he's vastly more powerful.

He becomes more powerful over time. At first he's stripped back down to his base level, (demigod) and then after he dies he starts gaining the powers of the titans, and eventually the sisters of fate. Then he fights Zeus and beats him, which is something god Kratos couldn't have done. After God of War 2 he loses his powers again from swimming through the river styx. This power decrease, despite removing all his God of War 2 upgrades, seems utterly insignificant to him, as he goes around curbstomping gods easily. At the end of the game, he beats Zeus again, but this time he has the power to finish him off. Zeus then comes back as a spirit and starts killing Kratos. After a near death experience Kratos unlocks Hope, the power from Pandora's box. This makes him totally invincible, (the game takes away your health bar) and he proceeds to kick Zeus's butt, forces his soul back into his body, then he punches him to death, brutally I might add.

"Hope Kratos" is much more powerful than Kratos as the God of War. But even supposedly normal demigod Kratos in God of War 3 had much better feats than god form Kratos. The only thing god form Kratos had going for him was he could make himself like 200 feet tall if he wanted. Or something like that, not sure of his exact size but he does crush buildings.

Btw, Kratos at his weakest, (pre God of War 1) held up the weight of the planet for a sec when he chained up Atlas at the end of Chains of Olympus.