Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By SOG7dc
No Caption Provided

Achilles vs Iron fist.

random encounter. both are fighting to kill. both fighting at their best. fight takes place on a beach. no outside help. round 1- strictly h2h no chi or whatever its called

round 2 danny can use chi and Achilles can use his weapons

round 3=they know of eachothers skill level and are bloodlusted. they go all out. who wins?

No Caption Provided

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What version of Achilles are we talking about?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@shawnbaby:

movie

Then he gets Curbstomped in every round. Danny is way above Brachilles. (Brad Pitt + Achilles = Brachilles)

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: You think so? Every round? Achilles didn't get touché in that movie and you think he couldn't get one win against Danny?

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@shawnbaby: You think so? Every round? Achilles didn't get touché in that movie and you think he couldn't get one win against Danny?

Everyone in that movie was Fodder. Danny is not.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SOG7dc

@shawnbaby: What about if this was classic Greek Mythos Achilles?

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@shawnbaby: What about if this was classic Greek Mythos Achilles?

A lot tougher for Danny since Myth Achilles is actually a demi-god and almost completely invulnerable. But Myth Achilles has one of the most well-known weak points of all time. If Danny knows who he's fighting against one shot to the Heel and its all over.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: But you have to remember Greek Mythos Achilles was hit in the tendon by a POISONED arrow. If it wasn't poisoned he could have done what Kobe did and just walked away lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@sog7dc said:

@shawnbaby: But you have to remember Greek Mythos Achilles was hit in the tendon by a POISONED arrow. If it wasn't poisoned he could have done what Kobe did and just walked away lol

Was also an arrow guided by Apollo. That's literally what it took to kill Achilles. Apollo reaching down from Olympus with his massive invisible god fingers and putting the arrow into Achilles' heel. On a serious note, it's hard to judge how hard it would be to kill Achilles without divine intervention.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Shawnbaby

@i_like_swords said:

@sog7dc said:

Was also an arrow guided by Apollo. That's literally what it took to kill Achilles. Apollo reaching down from Olympus with his massive invisible god fingers and putting the arrow into Achilles' heel. On a serious note, it's hard to judge how hard it would be to kill Achilles without divine intervention.

In Greek Myth Achilles was dipped into the River Styx by Thetis in an attempt to make him immortal. However, because he was being held by the ankle...that part of him was never exposed to the water and that is why his heel is the vulnerable spot. How the Arrow hit hisheel is unimportant...the reason Apollo guided it to that spot is because it was the only weak point achilles had. Paris didn't know of this so he didn't know to shoot the heel and therefore Apollo intervened. However, if Danny knows that the Heel is Achilles weak point...he won't need to be guided towards that spot. And if he knows its Achilles...he will know of the weak spot...as I have said...it's one of the most commonly known weakness in fiction. We use the term "Achilles Heel" in day to day conversation whenever we talk about a weak point.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CalebHara

Danny would completely dominate this fight. However, it is s a fight to the death. He eventually loses due to Achilles's pesky weak point.

Edit: If they have full info, Danny slaughters him via. hooks to tha heeeels.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

@sog7dc said:

In Greek Myth Achilles was dipped into the River Styx by Thetis in an attempt to make him immortal. However, because he was being held by the ankle...that part of him was never exposed to the water and that is why his heel is the vulnerable spot. How the Arrow hit hisheel is unimportant...the reason Apollo guided it to that spot is because it was the only weak point achilles had. Paris didn't know of this so he didn't know to shoot the heel and therefore Apollo intervened. However, if Danny knows that the Heel is Achilles weak point...he won't need to be guided towards that spot. And if he knows its Achilles...he will know of the weak spot...as I have said...it's one of the most commonly known weakness in fiction. We use the term "Achilles Heel" in day to day conversation whenever we talk about a weak point.

I know about the Myth. Plus it's invulnerable not immortal. The fact is, Apollo did guide the arrow. One of the things he represents is archery if I'm not mistaken. It would of been a lot more difficult for Paris to hit him with the arrow, even if he did know his weakness, without Apollos help. Aside from that, it's likely going to be difficult for Danny to even get to that weak spot. He's actually at a disadvantage in terms of not being invulnerable himself.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby:

It's too bad Achilles does'nt get to wear Promethium sandals on his feet...

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe Danny should fight DC Achilles

Xeno_Seeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fist would bury brachilles lol. he isn't fast enough to tag him with either sword or spear.

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By robertloucksjr

Mythology Achilles would win. Achilles died of poison. I don't think a non-chi punch to his heel would kill him. Really hard to hit the heel of an expert combatant who knows that is his only weak point. As a demi-god he would be way above peak human in strength and quickness.

Movie Achilles dies quickly.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby said:

@i_like_swords said:

@sog7dc said:

I know about the Myth. Plus it's invulnerable not immortal. The fact is, Apollo did guide the arrow. One of the things he represents is archery if I'm not mistaken. It would of been a lot more difficult for Paris to hit him with the arrow, even if he did know his weakness, without Apollos help. Aside from that, it's likely going to be difficult for Danny to even get to that weak spot. He's actually at a disadvantage in terms of not being invulnerable himself.

Achilles was supposed to be immortal in the truest sense of the word...In that he would never die, not from blade or from age.

I fail to see why Danny...who is a more skilled fighter than even Achilles of myth...would have difficulty hitting Achilles in his weak point if he knows where to strike. Yes, Danny is at a disadvantage not being invulnerable...but he also has trhe advantage of not having a critical weakness.

Mythology Achilles would win. Achilles died of poison. I don't think a non-chi punch to his heel would kill him. Really hard to hit the heel of an expert combatant who knows that is his only weak point. As a demi-god he would be way above peak human in strength and quickness.

Movie Achilles dies quickly.

There are multiple versions of the Achilles myth. The Poisoned arrow is only one of the ways in which Achilles meets his end. Some versions say the Arrow was Divine, Some say Apollo guided the Arrow (which is sometimes Divine, sometimes Poisoned, and sometimes neither), In some versions it is merely a normal Arrow with no guidance at all...just a lucky shot by Paris. In the earliest versions of the Myth...Achilles is never even mentioned as being invulnerable...nor his is his weakness ever mentioned. Even in the Illiad (the most well known version)...Achilles is not completely invulnerable. There is a point where his arm is grazed by a spear and it draws blood.

Myth Achilles did not know of his weakness. And as far as stats go....It's hard to say whether or not he would be superior to a comic book peak human (which is already far above real world "Peak Human"...which doesn't even exist anyway.). The myths don't go into detail of his physical stats other than that he was supposedly invulnerable (which isn't even in the original myth)

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SOG7dc

@shawnbaby:

you think danny is more skilled than Achilles?!

MirrorWave4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MirrorWave4

The way I see it, Achilles heel is as durable as a regular human's heel because the rest of his body got an upgrade toward immortality. So if you "break" Achilles ankle it won't kill him just make him have pain. The poison arrow thing sounds pretty silly because if only his ankle was weak then why did the rest of his body get sick because he is pretty much invulnerable?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Wolfrazer

@mirrorwave4: Because the heel was the weak point and upon hitting it, his body became mortal? Since he couldn't be touched by weapons other then his heel upon hitting the heel, the poison was then able to spread through his body and kill him. I look at it like a domino effect. 1 domino falls, the rest collapse with it.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@shawnbaby:

you think danny is more skilled than Achilles?!

Very much so. Achilles is a good fighter...but he doesn't have anywhere close to the kind of training Danny has.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby:

Achilles is basically a demi-god. he couldn't be touched. he was the perfect warrior lbvs his heel is the only weak point.....not even weak just vulnurable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@shawnbaby:

Achilles is basically a demi-god. he couldn't be touched. he was the perfect warrior lbvs his heel is the only weak point.....not even weak just vulnurable

Slightly building on this. Respectively, Iron Fist is a master martial Artist, while Achilles is a master in sword combat. So you need to compare their forms of combat before deciding the victor. It's worth noting that regardless of anything else, a sword does have more of a capability to injure/kill than being unarmed.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Shawnbaby

@i_like_swords said:

@sog7dc said:

@shawnbaby:

Slightly building on this. Respectively, Iron Fist is a master martial Artist, while Achilles is a master in sword combat. So you need to compare their forms of combat before deciding the victor. It's worth noting that regardless of anything else, a sword does have more of a capability to injure/kill than being unarmed.

Danny has Chi in the rounds where Achilles is armed...Chi is much more powerful than Achilles sword. In the round where Achilles is unarmed and Iron Fist can't use Chi..Danny is still the better fighter...although he will find it harder to kill Achilles...He can still cripple him.

Achilles could be touched..it's simply he couldn't be wounded. And, as I've stated...that really depends on which version of the myth you are going by. In the first versions...he was simply the world's greatest warrior...and he didn't have the general invulnerability or the Achilles Heel...He was killed by taking multiple arrows to his Body. But even in Homer's version...Achilles could still be wounded...its just that he could not be killed.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SOG7dc

@shawnbaby:

doubt it. I think ur lowballing Achilles

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Shawnbaby

@sog7dc said:

@shawnbaby:

doubt it. I think ur lowballing Achilles

You don't believe that Danny's Chi is more deadly than a Sword?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Could a Sword do that?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby:

Achilles gave gods trouble. that's impressive to me but I don't think Achilles would be intimidated

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@shawnbaby:

Achilles gave gods trouble. that's impressive to me but I don't think Achilles would be intimidated

And which Gods did Achilles meet in Actual Combat? The only one I can think of was Scamander...and Achilles was saved by Hera and Hephaestus when Scamander tried drowning him.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By dondave

Iron Fist ftw

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby:

You don't believe that Danny's Chi is more deadly than a Sword?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Could a Sword do that?

What the fcuk?!? Iron Fist is punching HELICARRIERS out of the sky now? Oh my God, man.. Was Quesada smoking something when this came across his desk and he let it go to print? What the hell kind of upgrade did Danny get to pull this crazy s**t off?

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aim for the heel

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Danny shatters Achilles' sword with his first punch, then speedblitzes the Greek hero to the point where his mind just can't comprehend what the fuck that blur in front of/all around him is.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@shawnbaby: Danny was given a pretty major upgrade not so long ago.

This may be the understatement of the century. What the fcuk, man. He should've been on the frontline during WWH. If Quesada has Iron Fist punching Helicarriers out of the air with ONE FCUKING PUNCH, he should've been there at Ground Zero during WWH to uppercut the Hulk back into space. Damn, man. And I used to like Iron Fist as a kid and during Volume 1 of "Heroes For Hire" back in the 90's, but this is just too much for me bro.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: Danny was given a pretty major upgrade not so long ago.

This may be the understatement of the century. What the fcuk, man. He should've been on the frontline during WWH. If Quesada has Iron Fist punching Helicarriers out of the air with ONE FCUKING PUNCH, he should've been there at Ground Zero during WWH to uppercut the Hulk back into space. Damn, man. And I used to like Iron Fist as a kid and during Volume 1 of "Heroes For Hire" back in the 90's, but this is just too much for me bro.

not really an understatement...I said it was Pretty Major...emphasize the "Major".

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@shawnbaby: not really an understatement...I said it was Pretty Major...emphasize the "Major".

Fair enough. Who gave him this insane upgrade in power? Shuma-Gorath? Dormammu? Mephisto? Quesada huffing a crack pipe?

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: not really an understatement...I said it was Pretty Major...emphasize the "Major".

Fair enough. Who gave him this insane upgrade in power? Shuma-Gorath? Dormammu? Mephisto? Quesada huffing a crack pipe?

I elieve it was one of those "reach your potential" type of deals

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@shawnbaby: I elieve it was one of those "reach your potential" type of deals

Wow. Please forgive my outbursts, as I'm sure they must have sounded like I was "shooting the messenger". But this is WAY too much, mon ami. I can't even justify this idiocy. Like I said earlier, if Marvel decided that they were going to bump Danny up to damn near Herald of Galactus levels, he should've been front and center during the whole WWH fiasco, uppercutting the Hulk back into space effortlessly. You know, right before leading Galactus to his next lunch break, or something...

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: I elieve it was one of those "reach your potential" type of deals

Wow. Please forgive my outbursts, as I'm sure they must have sounded like I was "shooting the messenger". But this is WAY too much, mon ami. I can't even justify this idiocy. Like I said earlier, if Marvel decided that they were going to bump Danny up to damn near Herald of Galactus levels, he should've been front and center during the whole WWH fiasco, uppercutting the Hulk back into space effortlessly. You know, right before leading Galactus to his next lunch break, or something...

Whoa there champ...there is a HUUUUUUUUUUGE difference between being able to smash a helicarrier and Herald Level. Iron Fist isn't even remotely close to Herald level. That punch that levelled the Helicarrier...WWH would laugh that off.

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby:Whoa there champ...there is a HUUUUUUUUUUGE difference between being able to smash a helicarrier and Herald Level. Iron Fist isn't even remotely close to Herald level. That punch that levelled the Helicarrier...WWH would laugh that off.

Fair enough. I'll concede the point. But IMO, Marvel took this guy (who once upon a time was squarely stationed firmly within the "Street Level" bracket) and stepped both feet on the gas for reasons only they understand. Their call I guess, but I'm not sure that even Venom could down the Helicarrier with a single punch (well, unless he was in the engine room that is).

Sylvain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I.F.