the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

-no prep -fight happens in a the Roman Colosseum
-Batman gets his standard gear batarangs, grapple hooks, gas pellets, only minus explosives (that could be unfair
- Achilles gets a standard bronze shield,spear, sword, and two ankle daggers
-morals on for Batman
who wins??

vs
vs
No Caption Provided

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By nefarious

Batman is a overall better fighter. Achilles showed some pretty impressive feats but Bats still outclasses him.

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Picard
@The Stegman:
So, Batman have modern day technology and Achilles, heve only waepons from bronze age? How this is fair?
Out_of_Space

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Out_of_Space

Batman has stuff that even don't exict in our time ( at least the bigger part ) and Achilles is only a strong warrior with swords and other old weapons. Here is really easy do decide who will win.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By cascadeking09
@The Stegman: I think Achilles should have his mythical durability here. In Troy they didn't really show him get touched by a weapon, though I would argue that he's has it and was just so skilled that he never got the chance to see the damage that he could take.
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PowerHerc

I got the impression that the Achilles from the "Troy" movie was supposed to be more in line with how things and people probably were; no gods, no invulnerability, nothing mystical or mythical at all.  Just bronze age warriors fighting a war.  Thus, with this being that Achilles (the one who wasn't invulnerable), I say Batman wins and does so fairly easily.
Ult_GBandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Ult_GBandit

Clearly no one here paid attention to the movie.. Achilles was fast, smart and great in combat. He was NO curbstomp

If Will Turner wouldn't have shot him from the distance when he was distracted no one would of beaten him in his time

Now Batman has the advantage BECAUSE of his many fighting styles from all over the world and modern age tech advantage. BUT Achilles wont be a puppy dog

Remember that Achilles in that movie took a whole beach filled with the enemy army and he only took 25 men and defeated Hector the greatest among Troyans.  That is greatness.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cascadeking09
@PowerHerc said:
I got the impression that the Achilles from the "Troy" movie was supposed to be more in line with how things and people probably were; no gods, no invulnerability, nothing mystical or mythical at all.  Just bronze age warriors fighting a war.  Thus, with this being that Achilles (the one who wasn't invulnerable), I say Batman wins and does so fairly easily.
I think they tried to leave that aspect of it as ambiguous as it would have been if it were real, but Achilles did claim to have seen the Gods and his origin was alluded to.

@Ult_GBandit
: It was 50 men actually and it's Trojans not Troyans, but I get your point. And I also counted about 20 on screen killings from him during the beach sceen and he did it all with out getting a scratch on him and taking out most of them without even looking.
Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Achilles seemed pretty invulnerable in that movie, until Huntress came out of nowhere with his skirt and bow. Batman would probably know that Achilles only weakness is his ankle/heel, but Bats would probably make quick work of him with evasiveness and tactics. He IS Batman.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PowerHerc
@cascadeking09
It's been a while, and I only watched the movie once, but I remember Achilles mocking the gods as if they weren't real. 
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cascadeking09
@PowerHerc said:

@cascadeking09: It's been a while, and I only watched the movie once, but I remember Achilles mocking the gods as if they weren't real. 

No he never mocked them. He just cut off the head of Apollo's statue, but he told Briseis quote: "  I know more about the gods than your priests. I've seen them."
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PowerHerc

I got the idea he didn't believe in them.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cascadeking09
@PowerHerc: I don't get how, the Apollo thing was just to show that he wasn't afraid of them and more than likely knew that he wouldn't be struck down for it.
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PowerHerc
@cascadeking09
That's exactly it; he wasn't afraid of them because he didn't believe in them.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cascadeking09
@PowerHerc said:
@cascadeking09: That's exactly it; he wasn't afraid of them because he didn't believe in them.
Why would he say he's seen people that he doesn't believe in? The reason he cut off the head of the statue in the first place was because Eudorus was afraid to go into the temple.
Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Scarbearer
@cascadeking09: @PowerHerc: Yeah I think Herc is right and the Movie heavily implies that Achilles doesn't believe in the Gods, though of course, as you say, it doesn't explicitly spell it out.

I would be curious to hear from the TC if he meaning to this to be a fight between Batman and Achilles as portrayed in the Movie, or if that was just an easy picture that people would reconize.  If we're talking Achilles as portrayed in Homer... this is a very different fight.
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PowerHerc

@cascadeking09
He'd say it to mock belief in the gods. 

He cut off the head of the statue to prove that he, or anyone else, could desecrate and/or mock the gods with impunity because they don't exist.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cascadeking09
@PowerHerc said:

@cascadeking09

He cut off the head of the statue to prove that he, or anyone else, could desecrate and/or mock the gods with impunity because they don't exist.

I think you have a very strange way of interpreting things. It wouldn't make any sense to say he's seen something to mock it, to me that sounds more like him thinking "I've met Apollo before, he won't care about this stupid statue."
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PowerHerc
@cascadeking09 said:

@PowerHerc said:

@cascadeking09

I think you have a very strange way of interpreting things. It wouldn't make any sense to say he's seen something to mock it, to me that sounds more like him thinking "I've met Apollo before, he won't care about this stupid statue."

You can think it's strange if you want to, but it absolutely makes sense to say he's seen something that everyone else believes in, but he doesn't, as a way to mock it. 

It's more like "Apollo's gonna come down here and kick my ass?!?  Yeah, right!  Sure he is. Hah!"

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By cascadeking09
@PowerHerc: How does that make sense? Wouldn't he say something more like "Have your priests ever seen a god?" or something like that if he didn't believe? Why would he have more knowledge than people who dedicate their lives to learning on something that he doesn't believe in? It would be a huge waste of time that he doesn't even have while fighting in wars and being called into battle.
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PowerHerc

@cascadeking09
Dude, I'm not trying to get you worked up or anything.  It's my opinion that the depiction of Achilles in the movie 'Troy' was as a non-believer in the ancient Greek religion.  He's still a warrior and a very good one at that.  So if he's not exactly debating about theology or trying to convince others that the gods don't exist with a lot of dialogueon the field of battle, I think that's natural and very believable. 

If you don't see it, I'm obviously not going to convince you.  That's okay.  I'm not calling your view strange or nonsense, we just disagree.  To me; the movie/Brad Pitt Achilles was a highly skilled ancient badass warrior with no divine powers whatsover whom also didn't believe in the gods of the time.  To you; he believed in the gods and he even met Apollo once and knew what would offend him or not. 

We simply see it differently.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By spiderbuck1
"Later legends (beginning with a poem by Statius in the 1st century AD) state that Achilles was invulnerable in all of his body (except for his heel)."

The outcome depends completely on whether or not Achilles is aware of his weakness.  If he is, the he wins this contest, imo.  Brutally, as he can't be hurt or injured anywhere (but his heel) and will batter bats into oblivion but more likely kill him because he is a bloodthirstily killer by nature.
spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By spiderbuck1
@cascadeking09 said:
@PowerHerc: How does that make sense? Wouldn't he say something more like "Have your priests ever seen a god?" or something like that if he didn't believe? Why would he have more knowledge than people who dedicate their lives to learning on something that he doesn't believe in? It would be a huge waste of time that he doesn't even have while fighting in wars and being called into battle.
You're right.  He has divine lineage, and knows it.  His adventures have put him in the presence of gods..  His grandfather on his mother's Thetis' side is the  sea-god Nereus.  Achilles has this, imo.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By cascadeking09
@PowerHerc said:

@cascadeking09
Dude, I'm not trying to get you worked up or anything.  It's my opinion that the depiction of Achilles in the movie 'Troy' was as a non-believer in the ancient Greek religion.  He's still a warrior and a very good one at that.  So if he's not exactly debating about theology or trying to convince others that the gods don't exist with a lot of dialogueon the field of battle, I think that's natural and very believable. 

If you don't see it, I'm obviously not going to convince you.  That's okay.  I'm not calling your view strange or nonsense, we just disagree.  To me; the movie/Brad Pitt Achilles was a highly skilled ancient badass warrior with no divine powers whatsover whom also didn't believe in the gods of the time.  To you; he believed in the gods and he even met Apollo once and knew what would offend him or not. 

We simply see it differently.

I'm not gettin worked up, I just don't see it that way, that's all. Like you said we can agree to disagee.
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By PowerHerc
@cascadeking09
OK, cool.
Avatar image for captain_justice95
Captain_Justice95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Picard
do you anything about Achilles. Achilles has one weeknes and i dont think batmans going to find out, Achilles is a demi god. Batmna gets a spear throuh his chest 
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By cascadeking09
@Captain_Justice95 said:
@Picard: do you anything about Achilles. Achilles has one weeknes and i dont think batmans going to find out, Achilles is a demi god. Batmna gets a spear throuh his chest 
This is the movie version. That weakness wasn't shown and then at the end of the movie he's shot with 4 different arrows and then dies.
Captain_Justice95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cascadeking09
Where does it movie version, I was going off of the book. Movie version looses but from the book he wins
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By cascadeking09
@Captain_Justice95: There's a picture of the movie version in the OP. What book?
Captain_Justice95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cascadeking09

Achiles is 10 times more badass in the book. Like i said if its book he wins, if its movie he looses

theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By theicon

batman would know achilles weakness, and win

Avatar image for deathstrokesrevenge
Deathstrokesrevenge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how old is powerherc? he isn't very observant

shihan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how old is powerherc? he isn't very observant

You bumped a 4 year old thread to say this about a veteran debater? I can tell you one thing, PowerHerc isn't the unobservant one here.

Also, comic Batman stomps.

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman.

TheMan44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this the mythical Achilles the one with unbreakable skin. If not he looses if he does it would be like Luke cage vs batman.