Absorbing Man vs. Parasite

DWrathborne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Absorbing Man vs. Parasite (32 votes)

Absorbing Man 34%
Parasite 66%

I put this match on another forum a while ago, but I thought I'd see what the results would be here.

Absorbing Man vs. Parasite

The fight is a random encounter (God like beings pitting DC vs. Marvel in another crossover completion.) Neither has knowledge of the other's capabilities.

The battlefield begins in a raging storm on a beach of Paradise Island with the combatants standing 20 meters apart.

The Amazons won't interfere in the battle.

• 
Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crusher Creel ftw

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wavemotioncannon:

I wonder if these two wouldn't just nullify each other the way Rogue and Leech do when they come in contact with each other....

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@wavemotioncannon:

I wonder if these two wouldn't just nullify each other the way Rogue and Leech do when they come in contact with each other....

Absorbing Man can still mimic anything around him if he can't defeat Parasite via absorbing his power set. He'd be OP an unbeatable if he wasn't completely mentally challenged.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Absorbing Man is easy to trick.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Saren

Absorbing Man honestly doesn't deserve to even be used in battles. He's that useless.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dondave

Creel

CHUCKY47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only just became a fan of DC what's parasites powers and abilities and feats

DWrathborne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DWrathborne
@chucky47 said:

Only just became a fan of DC what's parasites powers and abilities and feats

In a nutshell, he absorbs energy, most notably life force energy. And if he happens to drain the energy from someone with superpowers, he gains their abilities. He's widely regarded by many to be one of Superman's top 10 most dangerous foes.

CHUCKY47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DWrathborne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By TDK_1997

Creel's an idiot,he loses in almost every battle.

Sylvain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sylvain

Parasite.

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Strongarm
No Caption Provided

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: He'd be OP an unbeatable if he wasn't completely mentally challenged.

Oh yeah, Creel is dumber than a bag of doorknobs. You get no argument from me on that one. And while Parasite isn't winning the Spelling Bee anytime soon either, he has proven to be somewhat tactical over the decades. But yeah, if someone like MODOK (for example) had Creel's powers, the Marvel U. would be in a world of hurt in no time.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Seriously this is not a contest Parasite wins easily for a couple of reasons.

1. AFAIK Creel still has to touch things to absorb them. Parasite has absorbed powers from Superman while watching him fly overhead from his prison cell.

2. Creel can only absorb powers or the innate properties of substances. Parasite can absorb life force. He can if he tries hard enough kill Creel just by looking at him by sapping every bit of life energy from him

DWrathborne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DWrathborne

Seriously this is not a contest Parasite wins easily for a couple of reasons.

1. AFAIK Creel still has to touch things to absorb them. Parasite has absorbed powers from Superman while watching him fly overhead from his prison cell.

2. Creel can only absorb powers or the innate properties of substances. Parasite can absorb life force. He can if he tries hard enough kill Creel just by looking at him by sapping every bit of life energy from him

Creel can also absorb the properties and powers of living beings as well, most notably when he absorbed the strength out of the Hulk in their first encounter, though I do believe he still has to touch his victims. IMO, Creel could absorb life force if he really wanted too, but he's never had any real reason to try.

At one point he was shown to absorb intelligence, and even capable of possessing victims, though I believe that storyline has been retconned that it wasn't Creel, but rather an inter-dimensional 'tourist' impersonating him.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@dwrathborne: unfortunately Parasite can do all that too. he actually thought he was superman at one point. the fact that he only has to see his victum and not touch them is what puts it in the bag

DWrathborne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwrathborne: unfortunately Parasite can do all that too. he actually thought he was superman at one point. the fact that he only has to see his victum and not touch them is what puts it in the bag

I'm aware of that (I don't know the top range of Parasite's draining ability, but I doubt it matters here). I was just pointing out that Creel can do more than just transform into what he touches. People tend to think that's where his powers stop.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: He'd be OP an unbeatable if he wasn't completely mentally challenged.

Oh yeah, Creel is dumber than a bag of doorknobs. You get no argument from me on that one. And while Parasite isn't winning the Spelling Bee anytime soon either, he has proven to be somewhat tactical over the decades. But yeah, if someone like MODOK (for example) had Creel's powers, the Marvel U. would be in a world of hurt in no time.

You should read Earth X, when he mimics Ultron and gains Ultron's intelligence, and essentially learns to use his powers to their greatest potential. He actually one shots Silver Surfer at one point....

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: You should read Earth X, when he mimics Ultron and gains Ultron's intelligence, and essentially learns to use his powers to their greatest potential. He actually one shots Silver Surfer at one point....

Whoa. Yeah, I need to check that out. That sounds crazy, mon ami. Was "Earth X" like Marvel's version of the Elseworlds, or was this a canon story?

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Creel.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: You should read Earth X, when he mimics Ultron and gains Ultron's intelligence, and essentially learns to use his powers to their greatest potential. He actually one shots Silver Surfer at one point....

Whoa. Yeah, I need to check that out. That sounds crazy, mon ami. Was "Earth X" like Marvel's version of the Elseworlds, or was this a canon story?

It's an alternate reality. There were a few stories in "Universe X", but Carl Creel was a main character throughout.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

absorbing man ftw

DWrathborne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just in case anybody was curious, this is how I saw it happening in the original thread.

With the questions of how accidental mutation stacks up vs. mystically induced transformation set aside, I can easily see these two locked into some kind of 'feedback' loop trying to drain each other dry. With neither being able to stop the event until it builds to a critical point at which point one of three things happen.

1. The two merge into the Absorbing Parasite.

2. The deadlock finally breaks, leaving them both with the exact same power set of combined abilities. In this case, I give it to the Absorbing Man due to his greater experience in the nuances of his power.

3. Both combatants 'burn out' their powers, and are temporarily deprived of all their super abilities. In this case Absorbing Man wins due to his better fighting skills, higher strength, and ruthless nature.

I give my decision to The Absorbing Man.

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Parasite.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting battle. Hmm, Creel is tough but Parasite is as well.

I'd back Parasite.