Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Abraxas
 Abraxas
Abraxas Info  
http://marvel.wikia.com/Abraxas_(Cosmic_Being) 
http://www.comicvine.com/abraxas/29-18246/ 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraxas_(comics) 
http://marvel.com/universe/Abraxas 

vs.

Zoom
 Zoom
Zoom Info 
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Zoom  
http://www.comicvine.com/zoom/29-41085/ 
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoom_(comics) 

Rules
-The fight takes place in an open field. 
-BFR,KO,or Death allowed  

Who wins?
Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

Ironically, I read the Abraxas saga today. Honestly Abraxas does not do that much on panel. He was supposedly spawned  in the centre of Eternity, and he existed as his opposite, the embodiment of total destruction. Now, two points are crucial against Zoom: 

i) Can he exist outside time, and space and
ii) Does physical damage affect him?

Considering that the Ultimate Nullifier had to be employed, in order for the damage he had caused to be repaired, and his supposed superiority even to beings like Eternity (and Galactus, he slaughtered numerous versions of him, after all), I believe it would be more logical to say Abraxas is an abstract entity, as well, but can also manifest into a corporeal body, if necessary. Since no one actually managed to physically harm him in the story, it is uncertain what pain, if any Zoom's punches would cause him.

In truth, based on stature alone, Abraxas has Zoom outclassed by millions.

The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Morpheus_ said:

Ironically, I read the Abraxas saga today. Honestly Abraxas does not do that much on panel. He was supposedly spawned  in the centre of Eternity, and he existed as his opposite, the embodiment of total destruction. Now, two points are crucial against Zoom: 

Considering that the Ultimate Nullifier had to be employed, in order for the damage he had caused to be repaired, and his supposed superiority even to beings like Eternity (and Galactus, he slaughtered numerous versions of him, after all), I believe it would be more logical to say Abraxas is an abstract entity, as well, but can also manifest into a corporeal body, if necessary. Since no one actually managed to physically harm him in the story, it is uncertain what pain, if any Zoom's punches would cause him.

"

This is one of the biggest mismatches I've ever seen on this site. Now, I still think that Vance is a great debater and I have a ton of respect for him, but this was obviously done out of spite or for personal amusement.
CAPiTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By CAPiTA
@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" @Morpheus_ said:

"
This is one of the biggest mismatches I've ever seen on this site. Now, I still think that Vance is a great debater and I have a ton of respect for him, but this was obviously done out of spite or for personal amusement. "
my thoughts exactly. i had to double check who created the thread.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@CAPiTA said:
" @The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" @Morpheus_ said:

"
This is one of the biggest mismatches I've ever seen on this site. Now, I still think that Vance is a great debater and I have a ton of respect for him, but this was obviously done out of spite or for personal amusement. "
my thoughts exactly. i had to double check who created the thread. "

To both of you. Vance had no knowledge whatsoever on either of them, hence the creation of the thread.
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Morpheus_ said:
" @CAPiTA said:
" @Morpheus_ said:

"

To both of you. Vance had no knowledge whatsoever on either of them, hence the creation of the thread. "

That was a big risk then on his part.............
CAPiTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CAPiTA
@Morpheus_ said:
" @CAPiTA said:
" @Morpheus_ said:

"

To both of you. Vance had no knowledge whatsoever on either of them, hence the creation of the thread. "
ohh, makes sense now. i wasn't downplaying him. it was just confusing. i thought it was a spite, lol.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
" That was a big risk then on his part............. "
I don't think Vance cares for such things, really.

@CAPiTA said:

ohh, makes sense now. i wasn't downplaying him. it was just confusing. i thought it was a spite, lol. "

I don't believe he makes spite threads, anyway. He hasn't read a comic with either of them in it; seeing the great respect Zoom gets from 95% of the people in these forums, and with Abraxas not being exactly what we would call "popular" for his abilities to be well known, it was not a hard mistake to make.
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Morpheus_ said:
" That was a big risk then on his part............. "
I don't think Vance cares for such things, really.

@CAPiTA said:

ohh, makes sense now. i wasn't downplaying him. it was just confusing. i thought it was a spite, lol. "

I don't believe he makes spite threads, anyway. He hasn't read a comic with either of them in it; seeing the great respect Zoom gets from 95% of the people in these forums, and with Abraxas not being exactly what we would call "popular" for his abilities to be well known, it was not a hard mistake to make. "

Although reputations can be severely dampered by threads like this, Vance has already established himself on this site. He has definitely earned my respect based on me debating him several times in various threads. Also, Abraxas is about the farthest thing from mainstream, so it's understandable that he didn't know much about him prior to making this thread.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

People are quick to call spite.Like spite doesn't have anything to do with motive.I don't have any feelings toward any of these characters.I don't know who or what Abraxas is and I wanted to gauge his abilities against someone who usually wins here in battle forums.I didn't read the bios that I posted I only posted them because it's battle forum rules now.I didn't read them because i've tried to debate based on a bio and I was proven to not have all the info.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Vance Astro said:
" People are quick to call spite.Like spite doesn't have anything to do with motive.I don't have any feelings toward any of these characters.I don't know who or what Abraxas is and I wanted to gauge his abilities against someone who usually wins here in battle forums.I didn't read the bios that I posted I only posted them because it's battle forum rules now.I didn't read them because i've tried to debate based on a bio and I was proven to not have all the info. "
Now, you know better. : )
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:
"People are quick to call spite.Like spite doesn't have anything to do with motive.I don't have any feelings toward any of these characters.I don't know who or what Abraxas is and I wanted to gauge his abilities against someone who usually wins here in battle forums.I didn't read the bios that I posted I only posted them because it's battle forum rules now.I didn't read them because i've tried to debate based on a bio and I was proven to not have all the info. "

Don't sweat it man
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
" @Vance Astro said:
"People are quick to call spite.Like spite doesn't have anything to do with motive.I don't have any feelings toward any of these characters.I don't know who or what Abraxas is and I wanted to gauge his abilities against someone who usually wins here in battle forums.I didn't read the bios that I posted I only posted them because it's battle forum rules now.I didn't read them because i've tried to debate based on a bio and I was proven to not have all the info. "
Don't sweat it man "
I'm not...I was just explaining myself.
BIackFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BIackFlash

Abraxas blinks

Zoom dies

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Baldy
@Vance Astro said:
" People are quick to call spite.Like spite doesn't have anything to do with motive.I don't have any feelings toward any of these characters.I don't know who or what Abraxas is and I wanted to gauge his abilities against someone who usually wins here in battle forums.I didn't read the bios that I posted I only posted them because it's battle forum rules now.I didn't read them because i've tried to debate based on a bio and I was proven to not have all the info. "
Go reed a comik book n00b!!!1!!one

;)
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BIackFlash said:

"Abraxas blinks  Zoom dies "

U actually felt the need to bump this thread?
Avatar image for gamorasbigdaddy
GamorasBigDaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GamorasBigDaddy
@BIackFlash said:
"Abraxas blinks  Zoom dies "

Yea, No doubt! 

Obviouly he does'n know anthin about Abraxas or he would of never put up against Zoom, lo... 

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Abraxas

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. Vance made this thread? 0_o

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Abraxas in an unholy murderstomp.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Outside of showing how painfully bad Vance was back in the day, bumping a mismatch is against the rules.

@akz said:

This is a stretch asf, Zoom gets ROFLstomped.

Really didn’t know Vance was like this back then...

Avatar image for sar_annihilator
SAR_Annihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers