• 51 results
Posted by chris thompson (858 posts) - - Show Bio

Fight is in desert 
both at full strength 
Who wins
#1 Posted by k4tzm4n (49107 posts) - - Show Bio

IMHO Abomination should win due to physical superiority.  Thing is a smarter fighter and has better technique, (despite it rarely being shown LOL), but last I knew, Blonsky had him outclassed.
Staff
#2 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio

Abomination should win IMO! 
But i can see thing giving him a pretty good fight since he is better fighter and he is strong enough to hurt him of course! 
=]

#3 Posted by The Mjolnir Wielder (7906 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
"
IMHO Abomination should win due to physical superiority.  Thing is a smarter fighter and has better technique, (despite it rarely being shown LOL), but last I knew, Blonsky had him outclassed. "
Actually, both of them are Class 100, but, you're right, he's just too much for Ben to handle.
#4 Posted by PowerHerc (85100 posts) - - Show Bio

The Thing is out-classed physically, but fighting skill and sheer heart are in his favor.  Based on this, I pick the Thing to win this fight.   
Y'know Mike tyson was a 48 to 1 favorite to defeat Evander Holyfield in their first fight but Holyfield won.  Intangibles matter in the real world, so why not in comic universes?
#5 Posted by Xavier St. Cloud (1924 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc:
Yeah that fight was funny as hell... Holyfield made Tyson retarded, I remember Tyson, he was talking crazy, and I don't think he knew where he was, after a certain point... Holyfield punched him in the face so many times. lol
#6 Posted by lagoon_boy (10956 posts) - - Show Bio
Been done.
#7 Posted by crabtree (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

abomination wins in a war.

#8 Posted by goldenshot80 (7349 posts) - - Show Bio
@lagoon_boy:  Who wins? SPOIL IT!
#9 Posted by lagoon_boy (10956 posts) - - Show Bio
@goldenshot80:  Abomination.
#10 Posted by xdm (550 posts) - - Show Bio
@crabtree said:
" abomination wins in a war. "
#11 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

Abomination

#12 Posted by FearMonger (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Abomination wins I think. Abominations strength is obiously above the things. As for intelect, Abomination was in the militarty, his battle tactics should be higher. I know the thing did some military as well, but I do not think it stacks up against  Abominations military training.
#13 Posted by AssertingValor (5396 posts) - - Show Bio

Abomination mega stomp!!!
#14 Posted by Paracelsus (1719 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing wins_Abomination may be stronger but Ben Grimm just won't quit as a fighter!

'Nuff said!

Terry

#15 Posted by _slim_ (13258 posts) - - Show Bio

Abomination.

#16 Posted by Decept-O (7280 posts) - - Show Bio

Little doubt here but Abomination wins this and without too much difficulty.

I LOVE Ben Grimm and do agree he has the intelligence and heart but Blonsky isn't a slouch. His strength which is well above The Thing's and his other fighting abilities would knock ol' Blue Eyes down for the count. Thing might be able to get a few licks in but you also have to factor that Abomination, despite his size and build is a bit more agile than The Thing. Abomination would leap high, and land, slamming on top of The Thing before he ever got a chance. There are other scenarios but that is the first one to demonstrate how and why Abomination would win.

#17 Posted by k4tzm4n (49107 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

IMHO Abomination should win due to physical superiority. Thing is a smarter fighter and has better technique, (despite it rarely being shown LOL), but last I knew, Blonsky had him outclassed.

Still this.

Staff
#18 Edited by DeathsHead2 (1625 posts) - - Show Bio

Mutated Thing, who is only 20 tons below Abomination, could win here... Mutated Thing (Spikey Super Thing) is estimated to be at 130 tons, Abomination is at 150 tons. Mutated Thing IS BEN GRIMM at Full Strength! ;)

#19 Posted by cattlebattle (12997 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing has better feats, he wins

#20 Posted by k4tzm4n (49107 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: Abomination has him outclassed a fair amount in physicals.

Staff
#21 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9190 posts) - - Show Bio

The only version of Ben that can win is this IMO:

#22 Posted by cattlebattle (12997 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n: arguable, I recall Thing throwing down with almost every single powerhouse in the Marvel U....and doing quite well, cannot say I remember Blonsky doing this.
#23 Posted by Manchine (4184 posts) - - Show Bio

Abomination wins

Strength (Abomination)

Durability (Abomination)

Fighting (Thing Barely)

Just to much for Mr. Grimm to overcome. It would be a good fight though.

#24 Posted by k4tzm4n (49107 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: Abomination has taken on Namor underwater and had countless good fights with Hulk. To top it off, it's a fact he has better physicals than Thing. What more does he need?

Staff
#25 Posted by cattlebattle (12997 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:

@cattlebattle: Abomination has taken on Namor underwater and had countless good fights with Hulk. To top it off, it's a fact he has better physicals than Thing. What more does he need?

better feats, as I stated Thing has had better showings against all kind of opponents then . Thing has engaged Namor underwater and pummeled him more than once
#26 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Abomination has had far better feats in both strength and durability. The only real thing going for Thing is his fighting skills, but I doubt that it would do much to tame Blonsky's fury. Abomination wins this.

#27 Posted by k4tzm4n (49107 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@k4tzm4n said:

better feats, as I stated Thing has had better showings against all kind of opponents then . Thing has engaged Namor underwater and pummeled him more than once

I'd love for you to present/cite these feats that prove Thing can compensate for Abomination's own impressive showings.

Staff
#28 Posted by cattlebattle (12997 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:

@cattlebattle said:

I'd love for you to present/cite these feats that prove Thing can compensate for Abomination's own impressive showings.

I could say the same for you
#29 Posted by DeathsHead2 (1625 posts) - - Show Bio

In Namor's defense, he BEAT Abomination right after that. Comparable to "Rocky 5" Rocky versus Tommy fight, at the end. Namor won that fight, despite his KO. Also, Abomination is amphibious as well, it's only natural that he could fight Namor well underwater. Thing has NEVER beaten Namor underwater. Ever. On land, Thing has stalemated Namor, at best...

#30 Posted by k4tzm4n (49107 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: I cited two specific examples, you've vaguely said "better showings against all kinds of opponents". Abomination briefly KO'd Namor while underwater (along with his allies) then slugged it out with him some more. Then there's the fact Abomination has countless and more impressive showings against Hulk than Thing does. That, in combination with superior physicals, means logically this is a large, uphill struggle for Thing. Would it be a decent fight? Sure, but Thing isn't taking a majority. When Hulk was Joe Fixit Abomination joked how pathetic he was. Thing just doesn't have the physicals to earn the majority here and his slight edge in skill isn't going to compensate for that gap, either.

Staff
#31 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

Abomination has had far better feats in both strength and durability. The only real thing going for Thing is his fighting skills, but I doubt that it would do much to tame Blonsky's fury. Abomination wins this.

I don't believe he does.Abomination has simply always been class 100 where as the Thing went from class 5 to class 60 to class 80 to class 100.The Thing's strength has changed quite a bit throughout the years so if you compare the Things oldest showings of strength and durability to that of Abomination..of course they'd be better but I think if you compare his most recent stuff to what Abomination has done as a whole..I don't think he's in Grimm's league.

#32 Edited by k4tzm4n (49107 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathsHead2 said:

In Namor's defense, he BEAT Abomination right after that. Comparable to "Rocky 5" Rocky versus Tommy fight, at the end. Namor won that fight, despite his KO. Also, Abomination is amphibious as well, it's only natural that he could fight Namor well underwater. Thing has NEVER beaten Namor underwater. Ever. On land, Thing has stalemated Namor, at best...

Actually, he didn't. After Abomination KO'd Namor (AND his friends), the two continued to fight. Namor began to use the water against Abom, but then Emil briefly BFR'd Namor by tossing him out of the water. The fight continued and when it was interrupted Namor appeared to have the edge in the panel, but Abom wasn't KO'd or anything like that.

Staff
#33 Posted by DeathsHead2 (1625 posts) - - Show Bio

Edge = Win. ;)

#34 Posted by k4tzm4n (49107 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathsHead2: But KOing him first doesn't count, right? ;)

Staff
#35 Posted by cattlebattle (12997 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:

@cattlebattle: I cited two specific examples, you've vaguely said "better showings against all kinds of opponents". Abomination briefly KO'd Namor while underwater (along with his allies) then slugged it out with him some more. Then there's the fact Abomination has countless and more impressive showings against Hulk than Thing does. That, in combination with superior physicals, means logically this is a large, uphill struggle for Thing. Would it be a decent fight? Sure, but Thing isn't taking a majority. When Hulk was Joe Fixit Abomination joked how pathetic he was. Thing just doesn't have the physicals to earn the majority here and his slight edge in skill isn't going to compensate for that gap, either.

Thing has beaten Dragon Man who is a 100 tonner, cracked the Champions rib, defeated an uber powerful Wrecker, knocked a weakened Galactus out cold, collision with Thanos..is unscathed, knocked out the Silver Surfer, and has engaged a enraged Silver Surfer, has fought Namor underwater on several occasions and has stalemated Professor Hulk in an arm wrestling contest as well as having several impressive showings against an savage Hulk in battle

Thing is a truly impressive fighter which gives him the upper hand in most battles against Hulk, it would not be so different against Blonsky, I would never say Thing stomps...he would be able to prevail though, Just because Abomby is physically stronger does not mean he wins, I mean She Hulk has beaten Abombination before
#36 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

She Hulk has beaten Abombination before

1.There were variables in that fight.

2.I think current She-Hulk would beat pebbles out of the Thing.

#37 Posted by k4tzm4n (49107 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: In regards to citing Thing beating the likes of Thanos, Silver Surfer, Galactus:

Yeah, She-Hulk also smacked the sh*t out of Iron Man in that same story arc. She-Hulk also displayed a level of skill I've never seen from Thing as well.

Staff
#38 Posted by cattlebattle (12997 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:

@cattlebattle: In regards to citing Thing beating the likes of Thanos, Silver Surfer, Galactus:

Yeah, She-Hulk also smacked the sh*t out of Iron Man in that same story arc. She-Hulk also displayed a level of skill I've never seen from Thing as well.

So Abomination backhanding Hulk is supposed to make me concede?? So what about Thing making WWHulk bleed?? Does that count for anything, It just means the characters power levels fluctuate as per writer
#39 Posted by k4tzm4n (49107 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: That scan isn't a feat, it's a response.

Staff
#40 Posted by k4tzm4n (49107 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@cattlebattle said:

She Hulk has beaten Abombination before

1.There were variables in that fight.

2.I think current She-Hulk would beat pebbles out of the Thing.

lol.

Staff
#41 Posted by cattlebattle (12997 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:

Mature, maybe next time you can give a decent argument instead of just vacantly boasting "Abomination fights Hulk all the time ,derp"
#42 Edited by k4tzm4n (49107 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: It's a perfectly legitimate response to you saying Thing can take down the likes of Silver Surfer, Galactus, Thanos, etc. Use logic here, not extremely circumstantial stuff and then try to apply it to a direct match.

I love how you call me mature then throw in a derp. It's cute, but I'll move on.

I guess consistently doing very well against the Hulk doesn't mean much when fighting someone similar but worse than the Hulk, right? There's also the matter of stats comparison that was discussed.

Staff
#43 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Mature, maybe next time you can give a decent argument instead of just vacantly boasting "Abomination fights Hulk all the time ,derp"

Don't turn this into a personal argument.

#44 Posted by k4tzm4n (49107 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@cattlebattle said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Don't turn this into a personal argument.

NO, YOU.

Staff
#45 Posted by Vance Astro (91286 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:

NO, YOU.

My Hammer hand is itching.
#46 Posted by k4tzm4n (49107 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@k4tzm4n said:

NO, YOU.

Aim true, for if you miss I shall return with my...

Wait, I don't have a hammer.

/runs away

Staff
#47 Posted by cattlebattle (12997 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
@k4tzm4n said:

NO, YOU.

You'll break the keyboard

@k4tzm4n said:

@cattlebattle: It's a perfectly legitimate response to you saying Thing can take down the likes of Silver Surfer, Galactus, Thanos, etc. Use logic here, not extremely circumstantial stuff and then try to apply it to a direct match.

I love how you call me mature then throw in a derp. It's cute, but I'll move on.

I guess consistently doing very well against the Hulk doesn't mean much when fighting someone similar but worse than the Hulk, right? There's also the matter of stats comparison that was discussed.

I never said Thing takes down Thanos, just collided and was unharmed, I also mentioned Galactus being weakened, the fact is, me saying  that backs up the claim of impressive feats I had mentioned...and I didn't even scratch the surface. Abominations list of feats is likely nowhere near as impressive

Doing well against The Hulk is really all Abomination has in terms of combatants, Its subjective to the writer, he has lost to She-Hulk, Wonder man etc...both opponents Thing has fought or beaten. Abomination doesn't have an endless amount of performances against all sorts of powerhouses including Hulk that Thing has

IMO Things physical stats are not that much below Blonskys, he definitely has either equal or superior durability, is a better combatant and anyone who has ever seen Things feats knows that his strength level being 80 tons is debatable he has to be around 100 tons...the writers just prefer to use him as a punching bag
#48 Posted by k4tzm4n (49107 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: You're missing my point (and that could be my error for not elaborating enough). Citing anything Thing has done to Thanos/Galactus/Silver Surfer shouldn't matter because he requires circumstances there. There are none in this match.

As Vance and I pointed out regarding She-Hulk, not only were there factors, but she's also superior to Thing. That's something he's not likely to duplicate any day soon.

Abomination KO'd Namor underwater. Abomination has had more than a handful of very brutal battles with Hulk, a majority of them going beyond what Thing would be capable of handling in a bout with the Hulk. At the end of the day Abomination is simply a bigger threat. Ben is slightly more skilled and it would be a fun fight to watch, but Blonsky is simply too much for him.

Staff
#49 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

The Abomination ftw. His characteristic still exceed those the Thing, as they always have. His strength, endurance and durability are higher. The Thing is superior in terms of agility and reaction speed and importantly, in combat skill. It is his combat skill and sheer determination that has enabled him to fight the hulk and remain in these battles despite the Hulks overwhelming physical stats. However intimately the Thing loses. This battle will go the same but take longer.

#50 Posted by Scarbearer (732 posts) - - Show Bio

All your questions as to who could win this fight are answered by following one simple link and then clicking to read the comic......

http://marvel.com/digital_comics/issue/10106/marvel_adventures_fantastic_four_2005_33

*gets the hell out of dodge before people flame him straight to the 9th ring of hell for trying to use that as a source.*