Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By AtPhantom
claws said:
"

really its the one that took on the jla

"
He never took out the JLA. He never fought them, outside a comic book cover. He got taken out by Red Tornado and F5 winds. I doubt Abomination would go down so easily.
claws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By claws

everybodys been saying he did

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AtPhantom
claws said:
"everybodys been saying he did"
Yeah, I know. And whenever I ask them when, they say in the JLA. Well he didn't. Red Tornado took him out while the rest of the league was busy with Amazo. In fact, It was implied on several occasions in the comic that Wonder Woman could easily rip his head off.
ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By ecsnclr

Abomination through being smarter than Grundy

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
ecsnclr said:
"Abomination through being smarter than Grundy"
Actually there is an incarnation of Grundy that is very smart.
ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ecsnclr
Vance Astro said:
"ecsnclr said:
Actually there is an incarnation of Grundy that is very smart."
I didn't think this was that Grundy ?
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By King_Saturn
Abomination wins
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Vrakmul

Abomination may be nowhere near as strong but he's smarter so he wins.

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By acewasp23
ecsnclr said:
"Vance Astro said:
"ecsnclr said:
Actually there is an incarnation of Grundy that is very smart."
I didn't think this was that Grundy ?"

yeah that would be this grundy.

Dreadnaught said:
"Abomination may be nowhere near as strong but he's smarter so he wins."

he's not smarter than this grundy, but he still wins.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By the creator

It all depends upon the version of Grundy.
The recent intelligent one that faught the JLA would I think be defeated by Abomination as he did not appear anywhere near as physically powerful as earlier, dumber incarnations.
If we are talking about these earlier versions, then Grundy would kill Abomination. Don't forget that some of these earlier versions could exchange blows with other DC powerhouses like Superman, Capt Marvel and Green Lantern.

Shonen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Shonen

Abomination I'll go with him also I vouche for what phantom said.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By the creator

As I said it depends upon the version.

Just compare a dumber, far more powerful version of Grundy to the Abomination.
The Abomination on the Marvel strength scale was put exactly at 100 tonnes. He could not routinely lift more than 100 tonnes unlike Thor or Hercules.
When you look at the strength feats of the Abomination and the strength feats of other Marvel characters of a similar strength level, it would appear that his strength is measured in the tens of thousands of tonnes (maybe a hundred thousand tonnes).
Now compare that with some of the versions of Grundy, who have given beings of Superman level strength a hard time. That puts versions of Grundy at strength levels iat least in to the millions - billions of tonnes range. Additionally these versions of Grundy can easily withstand blows from beings as strong as themselves (like when he shrugs off attacks from Superman or Green Lantern). These versions of Grundy would hardly register Abominations best punches.

Echoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Echoes

Abomination would tear his ass up.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By the creator
Echoes said:
"Abomination would tear his ass up."
Please explain how the Abomination wins ?
Are you saying he beats all versions of Grundy ?
ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ecsnclr
the creator said:
"

As I said it depends upon the version.

Just compare a dumber, far more powerful version of Grundy to the Abomination.
The Abomination on the Marvel strength scale was put exactly at 100 tonnes. He could not routinely lift more than 100 tonnes unlike Thor or Hercules.
When you look at the strength feats of the Abomination and the strength feats of other Marvel characters of a similar strength level, it would appear that his strength is measured in the tens of thousands of tonnes (maybe a hundred thousand tonnes).
Now compare that with some of the versions of Grundy, who have given beings of Superman level strength a hard time. That puts versions of Grundy at strength levels iat least in to the millions - billions of tonnes range. Additionally these versions of Grundy can easily withstand blows from beings as strong as themselves (like when he shrugs off attacks from Superman or Green Lantern). These versions of Grundy would hardly register Abominations best punches.

"

Grundy can not lift millions of tons and Superman bitch slapped him into next week i would never call Grundy giving him a hard time
Echoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Echoes
the creator said:
"Echoes said:
Are you saying he beats all versions of Grundy ?"
Oh im sorry, the title of the thread didn't state one version of the abomination vs ALL versions of Grundy. By your statement, I assume you want him to fight all versions of grundy in succession or all at once?
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By the creator
ecsnclr said:
Grundy can not lift millions of tons and Superman bitch slapped him into next week i would never call Grundy giving him a hard time"
Then you obviosuly have never read far enough back.
There have been versions of Grundy (admittedly a lot time ago) that have given Superman a hard time.

Echoes said:
Oh im sorry, the title of the thread didn't state one version of the abomination vs ALL versions of Grundy. By your statement, I assume you want him to fight all versions of grundy in succession or all at once?"
I'll give you the benfit of the doubt and not assume you're an idiot.
The thread header says Abomination vs Solomon Grundy. As Grundy has died and come back numerous times, don't you think it would be wise to say which version of Grundy this fight centres on.
It's the same as saying Character X vs Superman. There have been many versions of Superman but without specifying (even through insertion of a picture), it's a little hard to narrow it down.
Now did I say that it was Abomination vs multiple (one after another) vsersions of Grundy. No I did not.
I simmply asked you to explain how Abomination can beat Grundy and to explain who a being far inferior to some of Grundy's incarnations could therefore beat any version of him.
Was that too complicated for you...
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By the creator
Echoes said:
"the creator said:
"Echoes said:
Oh im sorry, the title of the thread didn't state one version of the abomination vs ALL versions of Grundy. By your statement, I assume you want him to fight all versions of grundy in succession or all at once?"
If you read the Battle Forum rules thread it say

Be Specific About Fights

I think this is probably the most important rule, and when it’s followed, many other problems go away. When starting a battle you need to be specific about how everything is going to go down. This includes a lot of factors. A lot of posters just type "fighter 1 vs fighter 2, who wins?" and they're done. Putting just a little effort into it can sort out a lot of questions that pop up later. You can determine if the characters involved are acting in character (like they normally would as their personalities dictate), if they are “bloodlusted” or anywhere in between, how much time they get before the fight (prep), where they're fighting, what gear they have with them, which incarnation of the character, any power limitations, etc, etc. It really isn’t hard to flesh out the battle a little and it goes a long way.

Echoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Echoes
the creator said:
"ecsnclr said:
Grundy can not lift millions of tons and Superman bitch slapped him into next week i would never call Grundy giving him a hard time"
There have been versions of Grundy (admittedly a lot time ago) that have given Superman a hard time.

Echoes said:
I'll give you the benfit of the doubt and not assume you're an idiot.
The thread header says Abomination vs Solomon Grundy. As Grundy has died and come back numerous times, don't you think it would be wise to say which version of Grundy this fight centres on.
It's the same as saying Character X vs Superman. There have been many versions of Superman but without specifying (even through insertion of a picture), it's a little hard to narrow it down.
Now did I say that it was Abomination vs multiple (one after another) vsersions of Grundy. No I did not.
I simmply asked you to explain how Abomination can beat Grundy and to explain who a being far inferior to some of Grundy's incarnations could therefore beat any version of him.
Was that too complicated for you...
"
Firstly, before throwing around the idiot remark in any sense, spell check your crap for once.

Secondly, the problem with your request though is stating if he could beat all versions. If I were to claim Abomination's higher intelligence factor would best Grundy, you would reference Meltzer's Grundy who actually has a few brain cells (even though, as many have stated, is weaker). Basically, I could think one version, and you could think another. And when you say ALL versions, I assume you want me to come out with an explanation detailing how he could beat all versions. So yeah you're right on the fact that the guy needs to narrow it down, but since he hasn't, why bother trying to detail, just go in the thread, state your case, and leave. Excuse me if I didn't choose a version.

On the other hand....

Your main argument consists of statistics based on powers and abilities. While these do play an important role, Batman (who I don't want to use as a main point) is a person who, before Frank Miller, had average human strength and has beaten foes who should've handed him his ass based on strength alone. Not saying Emil is anywhere near Bruce's wits, but you have to understand that tactics also play a huge role in a fight, if not bigger. And by all means, grundy is an idiot. Also even though he has all of his near indestructable features, he is beaten in the most simple, slightly embarrassing ways. Getting hurled under a train? Come on.

EDIT: Also, I didn't make the thread, so if you want the rules to be followed, take it up with the guy that made the thread.
ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ecsnclr
the creator said:
"Echoes said:
"

Whats this ????
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By the creator
ecsnclr said:
"the creator said:
"Echoes said:
"

Whats this ????"
It's my browser playing up and not posting my repsonse.
ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ecsnclr
the creator said:
"Echoes said:
"
It's done it again LOL XD
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By the creator

Echoes said:

Firstly, before throwing around the idiot remark in any sense, spell check your crap for once.

Typing quickly and making an occasional spelling mistake does not appear to have prevented you from understanding my posting, now does it  :)

Secondly, the problem with your request though is stating if he could beat all versions. If I were to claim Abomination's higher intelligence factor would best Grundy, you would reference Meltzer's Grundy who actually has a few brain cells (even though, as many have stated, is weaker). Basically, I could think one version, and you could think another. And when you say ALL versions, I assume you want me to come out with an explanation detailing how he could beat all versions. So yeah you're right on the fact that the guy needs to narrow it down, but since he hasn't, why bother trying to detail, just go in the thread, state your case, and leave. Excuse me if I didn't choose a version.

Hey I only asked you 2 simple questions,

If you have an opinion be prepared for someone to ask the most basic of questions, "Why".
In this case why does Abomination win ?
The second question was to frame the first question.

On the other hand....

Your main argument consists of statistics based on powers and abilities.

Of couse the argument will involve statistics. If one character is massively stronger than the other, or there are significant differences in other attributes, it should be noted as makes understanding the fight dynamics easier.

While these do play an important role, Batman (who I don't want to use as a main point) is a person who, before Frank Miller, had average human strength and has beaten foes who should've handed him his ass based on strength alone. Not saying Emil is anywhere near Bruce's wits, but you have to understand that tactics also play a huge role in a fight, if not bigger. And by all means, grundy is an idiot. Also even though he has all of his near indestructable features, he is beaten in the most simple, slightly embarrassing ways. Getting hurled under a train? Come on.

Tell me when the Abomination (Emile Blonsky) has ever shown any real tactical thinking ?
In most instances he has simply punched his enemy or hit them with other objects. Only very rarely has he shown tactical thinking and that was usually when he had a fighting partner (like the Rhino).
So even though though the Abomination is more intelligent than most of Grundy's incarnations it does not seem that it will benefit him.

EDIT: Also, I didn't make the thread, so if you want the rules to be followed, take it up with the guy that made the thread."

Hopefully he will see the points raised and in future make more specific threads.

ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ecsnclr
the creator said:
"ecsnclr said:
I just wrote a 12 lined paragraph and pressed back and forgot to press post so it was all deleted }:-(

well i will give it in one yes you are right i only started reading DC since a few years ago so i apologize if I'm wrong since yes i am a marvel guy LOL
actionmaker518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By actionmaker518

Abomination beats grundy

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#32  Edited By PowerHerc

Solomon Grundy wins.

Fire_Ant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Fire_Ant

I'm sure someone can bring up feats to prove me otherwise, but I've always believed the adage "Hulk is strongest one there is!" Supers is obviously faster and has a dozen other powers that would give him the win, but I don't think he's stronger. Abomination's pretty much just the evil flip of Hulk right? In my eyes, (strictly in strength) Hulk>Superman>Grundy. Grundy doesn't even have any other nifty powers, so yeah, I go with Abomination.

kingsloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By kingsloth

grundy in his most recent incarnation in earth 2 wins

Thanofleeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Thanofleeze

Still Grundy.

ilikedonuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#36  Edited By ilikedonuts

some people here are seriously misunderstandin' somethin'. Abomination cant win cuz he's smarter. He fights with his fists, not his brain. He likes ta outmuscle an' overpower his opponents, not outsmart 'em. tryin' ta punch someone into submission aint outsmartin' someone, it's overpowerin' someone. I mean, Abomination's intelligence aint helped him beat the Hulk.

an' since you said it's the Grundy that took on the JLA, then Grundy wins in a ridiculous curbstomp.

Abomination jumps towards Grundy, Grundy grabs him by the throat in mid-air an' strangles him, an' squashes his throat.

mismatch

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Abom

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blonsky

DRDOOMSDAY390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah it really depends of different versions of both monsters however im have to go with Abomination on this one good bye.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hard one. I would like to see a case for Grundy.

MaiitoGuy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grundy

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
xMangog__Beastx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers