• 89 results
Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arcus1

A battle between these two Avatars has been debated, but what about their families?

Aang's Family: Katara, Tenzin, Kya, Bumi

Korra's Family: Tonraq, Unalaq, Desna, Eska

Fight takes place in Republic City in Avatar Korra park by the river. Starting distance is 50 feet. Tenzin and Bumi can use gliders. Victory by KO or death

Round 1: in character but determined

Round 2: morals off, bloodlusted

Which Avatar's family will reign supreme?

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

Team 2 handily. Korra has a team of bending masters. Aang has Bumi and Kya.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By primebonnick

Yea Korra family on both rounds.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@juiceboks said:

I don't know bro I think you sleeping on Tenzin and Katara.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kya's a master too. Desna and Eska got one-shotted by Ming Hua

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@arcus Is this young Katara? P.S. You should have done young Korra with just water bending. She has a lot of water bending feats.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@arcus said:

@juiceboks said:

Kya got one-shot by Zaheer twice in a row and only tagged him when he was gliding away.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@juiceboks said:

Kya got one-shot by Zaheer twice in a row and only tagged him when he was gliding away.

A one-shot implies that one person incapacitates another with one attack. Kya wasn't one-shotted by Zaheer, she fought him briefly and landed hits of her own. Ming Hua took out Desna and Eska with her first attack

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus Is this young Katara? P.S. You should have done young Korra with just water bending. She has a lot of water bending feats.

Yeah, this is young Katara, since old Katara has no waterbending feats

I didn't want to include Aang and Korra, this is meant to be just their family members

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@thatguywithheadphones: He can't make up for his family, as good as he is he would hard pressed to beat Unalaq alone. He can't run damage control. Tonraq would also give Katara a good fight, if not take a slight majority.

@arcus And Kya got two shotted by Zaheer..cept she was actually knocked unconscious. Desna and Eska were only encased in ice, and last I checked Katara is the only waterbender to bend without moving. Kya would have been incapacitated the same way if Ming tried that tactic.

Kya has been in two fights both of which she was on the losing end of..her real master level waterbending comes from healing not fighting. Desna and Eska on the other hand have given Korra trouble and were just impressive in their power and teamwork altogether.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@arcus: No, she only got him when he glided away. He one-shotted her then guards arrived, Zaheer took them out while Kya got up only to have him dodge her attack and one-shot her again.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DeathHero61

Lets see a team of overpowered water benders along with the most agressive avatar vs Aang's team where the only one competent enough to make a difference is tenzin and aang himself. i think i can see where this is going.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks

Watch the fight again...

Loading Video...

Zaheer is on the back foot initially. He only really wins because he had a glider. In additon, the main reason for his victory was due to the plot. The creators couldnt have the mian villian who has been hyped up for the past few epeisode lose, could they?

All in all, Kya does much better against Zaheer than she does Ming-Hua. In her fight with Ming-Hua, she was on the back foot, with Zaheer, it was blow to blow. Without a glider, she wins.

Desna and Eska on the other hand have given Korra trouble and we're just impressive in their power and teamwork altogether.

Giving her trouble. Okay....

Loading Video...

Korra stomped them

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Arcus1

@deathhero61 said:

Lets see a team of overpowered water benders along with the most agressive avatar vs Aang's team where the only one competent enough to make a difference is tenzin and aang himself.

Aang and Korra aren't here. Korra's definitely not the most aggressive Avatar, from what we've seen that'd probably be Kyoshi. Katara's more than competent enough to make a difference. How are Desna and Eska overpowered?

@night4345 said:

@arcus: No, she only got him when he glided away. He one-shotted her then guards arrived, Zaheer took them out while Kya got up only to have him dodge her attack and one-shot her again.

You can't one-shot someone multiple times in the same fight. A one-shot ends the fight in the first hit

@juiceboks said:

@thatguywithheadphones: He can't make up for his family, as good as he is he would hard pressed to beat Unalaq alone. He can't run damage control. Tonraq would also give Katara a good fight, if not take a slight majority.

@arcus And Kya got two shotted by Zaheer..cept she was actually knocked unconscious. Desna and Eska were only encased in ice, and last I checked Katara is the only waterbender to bend without moving. Kya would have been incapacitated the same way if Ming tried that tactic.

Kya has been in two fights both of which she was on the losing end of..her real master level waterbending comes from healing not fighting. Desna and Eska on the other hand have given Korra trouble and were just impressive in their power and teamwork altogether.

Eska bent without moving when she melted the ice around Mako and Bolin while making out with Bolin. She should have been able to break out of the ice if she was conscious, but it looked to me like they were unconscious.

Desna and Eska only gave Korra trouble when she was all emotional and unfocused after getting dumped, and she was overwhelming them before the dark spirit showed up. Kya did better against Ming Hua than Desna and Eska did

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 juiceboks  Moderator

@avatarreiko

Zaheer is on the back foot initially. He only really wins because he had a glider. In additon, the main reason for his victory was due to the plot. The creators couldnt have the mian villian who has been hyped up for the past few epeisode lose, could they?

What the hell are you talking about? Zaheer tried to leave because he didnt wanna have to fight the whole damn temple. The only reason Kya tagged him was because he used the glider to fly away, he outright owns her when he takes the time to fight her. He didn't even use the glider in combat.

All in all, Kya does much better against Zaheer than she does Ming-Hua. In her fight with Ming-Hua, she was on the back foot, with Zaheer, it was blow to blow. Without a glider, she wins.

It was most certainly not blow for blow. Zaheer blocked each and every one of her water blasts, and obviously Kya couldn't do the same.

How? How in the hell could you get that Korra stomped them when they dodged each and every one of her blasts? When the only person that got tagged by anything was her? I feel like you're trolling me now.

@arcus

Eska bent without moving when she melted the ice around Mako and Bolin while making out with Bolin. She should have been able to break out of the ice if she was conscious, but it looked to me like they were unconscious.

Being partially encased in ice shouldn't knock someone out, and we didn't exactly see what happened to them right afterwards since it immediately cut to Ming freeing P'Li. So maybe they did free themselves(your point on Eska melting water without moving actually substantiates this) and then they got K.Oed by Ghazan or Zaheer. My point still stands on how Kya would be unable to free herself if Ming actually tried that tactic since we haven't seen her bend without moving. Ming was only able to try that move because she was in an environment that allowed it, unlike the Air Temple.

Desna and Eska only gave Korra trouble when she was all emotional and unfocused after getting dumped, and she was overwhelming them before the dark spirit showed up. Kya did better against Ming Hua than Desna and Eska did

Korra wasn't any less powerful or skilled in battle because she got dumped, you just made that up. That giant water spout was one of the best displays of waterbending she's showcased. And no, she was not overpowering them. The only person that got tagged by anything was Korra.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Even though Aang's family lack feats, I still think they can win.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks It is not a 'one shot' if your opponent gets back up again. It would be a 'one shot' had he KO'd her with one hot and she never got back back up.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: IIRC they seemed to go limp when the ice hit them, I might need to watch it again. Point being that as far as we know Ming Hua took them down with one attack. The environment would have benefited Desna and Eska as much as it did Ming Hua.

Well she was certainly very emotional at that time. If I had just gotten dumped I wouldn't be completely focused, and Korra's even more emotional and angsty than me (especially Season 2 at that time). Desna and Eska couldn't do anything to break through her waterspout, it was stronger than them.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@arcus said:

@juiceboks: IIRC they seemed to go limp when the ice hit them, I might need to watch it again. Point being that as far as we know Ming Hua took them down with one attack. The environment would have benefited Desna and Eska as much as it did Ming Hua.

Well she was certainly very emotional at that time. If I had just gotten dumped I wouldn't be completely focused, and Korra's even more emotional and angsty than me (especially Season 2 at that time). Desna and Eska couldn't do anything to break through her waterspout, it was stronger than them.

They were still for a second, but again we didn't see what happened afterwards so we don't know if they got out or not. Except that Ming was too agile for them to hit her with anything, and she wasn't wasting anytime trying to fight them since she was seriously bent on freeing P'Li. The only reason Ming was able to incapacitate them like that was because of the environment they were in. So her encounter with the twins and Kya aren't comparable in that sense. If Kya had fought Ming in the North instead of the twins, it probably would've gone the same if not worse for her.

She was emotional, but she was still pretty level-headed when it came to fighting. She was more in control of her emotions even towards the end of season 2. They were in the spout for all of a few seconds, we didn't actually see them try to break out if it. Besides, it's not like Korra forced them into it.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

They were still for a second, but again we didn't see what happened afterwards so we don't know if they got out or not. Except that Ming was too agile for them to hit her with anything, and she wasn't wasting anytime trying to fight them since she was seriously bent on freeing P'Li. The only reason Ming was able to incapacitate them like that was because of the environment they were in. So her encounter with the twins and Kya aren't comparable in that sense.

She was emotional, but she was still pretty level-headed when it came to fighting. She was more in control of her emotions even towards the end of season 2. They were in the spout for all of a few seconds, we didn't actually see them try to break out if it. Besides, it's not like Korra forced them into it.

Exactly, so the most logical thing to assume is that they didn't get up again, since we didn't see them continuing to do anything.

Sure, in that sense they're not comparable I guess. But Desna and Eska had the same options. Kya landed a hit on Ming Hua, Desna and Eska didn't.

Fair enough. Eska was enraged and wanted to kill Korra, if she could have attacked Korra she would have. However, she couldn't attack Korra through the waterspout.

Well, Korra formed the waterspout, and she expanded it outwards towards them, so she kinda did force them into it

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

team 2

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korraspirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Korraspirit

@juiceboks

Zaheer tried to leave because he didnt wanna have to fight the whole damn temple.

Fair point

The only reason Kya tagged him was because he used the glider to fly away

She was spamming him with ice pellets right before he took the glider

, he outright owns her when he takes the time to fight her. He didn't even use the glider in combat.

‘He didn’t even use the glider’ I take you missed the part where he uses the tip of the glider to airbend her away and knock her against the wall. He does not ONCE, but TWICE.

How? How in the hell could you get that Korra stomped them when they dodged each and every one of her blasts?

Not once did twins land a hit on Korra

When the only person that got tagged by anything was her? I feel like you're trolling me now.

Are you forgetting the water spout.

@arcus

Are you implying that Eska is a psychic bender?

Being partially encased in ice shouldn't knock someone out, and we didn't exactly see what happened to them right afterwards since it immediately cut to Ming freeing P'Li.

Yes, being encased in ice doesn't knock you out. However, being encased in ice immobilized them hence they were defeated.

And no, she was not overpowering them.

I think you might find that she was. As you can see, she is quite clearly overpowering them when she was created the water spout. Just look at the expressions on their faces. The force of the water was too much for them.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@arcus said:

@juiceboks said:

@arcus said:

They were still for a second, but again we didn't see what happened afterwards so we don't know if they got out or not. Except that Ming was too agile for them to hit her with anything, and she wasn't wasting anytime trying to fight them since she was seriously bent on freeing P'Li. The only reason Ming was able to incapacitate them like that was because of the environment they were in. So her encounter with the twins and Kya aren't comparable in that sense.

Exactly, so the most logical thing to assume is that they didn't get up again, since we didn't see them continuing to do anything.

Sure, in that sense they're not comparable I guess. But Desna and Eska had the same options. Kya landed a hit on Ming Hua, Desna and Eska didn't.

Fair enough. Eska was enraged and wanted to kill Korra, if she could have attacked Korra she would have. However, she couldn't attack Korra through the waterspout.

Well, Korra formed the waterspout, and she expanded it outwards towards them, so she kinda did force them into it

But we don't know that for sure and frankly that doesn't make much sense. All we know is by the time Ming and P'Li got out of the prison, Desna and Eska weren't fighting. Any speculation on what happened after they were encased in ice is fair.

I'd argue that Ming was more focused on getting past the twins and getting to P'Li, thus she was making an active effort to dodge everything they threw at her. Instead of Ming wanting to enjoy a fight like her encounter with Kya. Which the smile on her face she had when was knocked off the ledge indicated she was.

She did. And I could argue Desna wasn't bending to the best of her ability because she wasn't calm and collected, which she clearly wasn't. All that happened was that they went into the water spout and immediately saw the Dark Spirit in the water. They didn't try to do anything.

They still chose to go in it, and left as soon as they saw the Dark Spirit. You make it as if Korra rendered them helpless.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh of course any speculation is fair, but what's a more logical alternative? Ghazan was busy with Zuko, and Zaheer was busy with Tonraq

So, are you saying that Ming allowed herself to be hit by Kya, because she enjoyed it? Then why'd she scream when she got hit?

You could, and you might be right. Only difference is that Eska was bloodlusted, while Korra was potentially distracted. I don't think they actually went into the water spout, Korra just formed it and expanded it until it hit them. At least that's how I remember it

She didn't render them helpless, but they couldn't attack her or fight through the waterspout

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@korraspirit

She was spamming him with ice pellets right before he took the glider

And he blocked all of them.

‘He didn’t even use the glider’ I take you missed the part where he uses the tip of the glider to airbend her away and knock her against the wall. He does not ONCE, but TWICE.

My mistake, but it's not like Zaheer can't make air blasts without the glider. She didn't have the chance to try and block it, so she would've gone down just the same without it. And what does it even matter if he used his glider? It's standard gear for him.

Not once did twins land a hit on Korra

Rewatch it. They clearly did right before she made the larger waterspout.

Are you forgetting the water spout.

Which did..what exactly?

Are you implying that Eska is a psychic bender?

Well the ice certainly did melt itself..

Loading Video...

I think you might find that she was. As you can see, she is quite clearly overpowering them when she was created the water spout. Just look at the expressions on their faces. The force of the water was too much for them.

It made it hard for them to see, but they weren't overpowered and unable to do anything. The fact that they just up and left indicates this.

@arcus

We didn't actually see Ghazan engage Zuko until P'Li K.Oed his dragon. And at that point Ghazan was still on the truck, so maybe he K.Oed them with the rocks on the truck from a distance. I just find it hard to believe getting frozen knocks you out..when that's never happened to anybody that's been frozen before. It didn't happen when Katara froze Azula, it didn't happen when Katara froze Zuko, and it didn't happen when Unalaq froze Tonraq. And those were all greater ice formations than the one Ming created.

I'm saying that Ming was more focused on enjoying a fight against Kya than she was getting her out of the way to accomplish a much more important goal like freeing one of her longtime friends. Kya surprised her with the blast of water but she was still clearly on the losing end of the fight.

Well, Eska was potentially more predictable with her attacks so their emotions could have affected each other in different ways. But at least with Eska, we know for sure her emotions played a part in how she fought. Korra expanded it, but they still went into a straight line into it.

They just couldn't see that well, which makes perfect sense considering they were in a fast moving water spout. Nothing suggests they couldn't bend at all. Them leaving like nothing happened actually suggests they weren't helpless.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus Desna was angry but she wasn't intending on killing korra at that point. Remember, Eska and Desna were explicitly instructed by their father to bring Korra back to him alive as his whole plan depended on it her survival.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus Desna was angry but she wasn't intending on killing korra at that point. Remember, Eska and Desna were explicitly instructed by their father to bring Korra back to him alive as his whole plan depended on it her survival.

It's Eska. She specifically told Zuko "I tried to kill Korra after she ruined my wedding." Maybe she didn't care about what Unalaq wanted

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mhhh not sure.

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lachydotc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 (Aangs family) wins

Ill tell you why

Katara.

Not only has she shown to be the greatest water bender along them all (granted with age she would drop below Tonraq) but she has Blood Bending, something which none of the other water benders in Korra’s family has shown to possess.

I mentioned the fact that age would have affected her with water bending but with watching Hama and her age it is believable that she would still be able to blood bend like a master and like Yakone would be able to without even moving.

Even without the other benders Katara is able to control, emmoblive and/or knockout all four of the other family. With anger against blood bending aside it is OP and even if it was to just take out one of the other family (Tonraq) Unalaq, Desna and Eska wouldn’t be able to beat Kya, Tenzin and Bumi since Tonraq is the rock to their family and is the stronger out of all of them (He has mentioned to Unalaq he has beaten him before)

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@lachydotc: You should have thoroughly read the OP before you wrote all that. There is no full moon in this scenario, thus no bloodbending.

lachydotc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: She doesn't need full moon as shown in the Book: 3 The Southern Raiders, Katara does it on the Captain of the ship without the moon and Korra's Book: 1, Yokone and his sons do it on many occasions without the moon

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 juiceboks  Moderator

@juiceboks: She doesn't need full moon as shown in the Book: 3 The Southern Raiders, Katara does it on the Captain of the ship without the moon and Korra's Book: 1, Yokone and his sons do it on many occasions without the moon

That was during a full moon..and Yakone's family has nothing to do with this thread.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks I think the point of it was that Desna and Eska couldn't do anything. The water spout was too powerful for them to push through. They couldn't get to Korra. Additionally, they didn't just leave. They left after the Dark Spirit swallowed Korra.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Korra's Family

Round 2: Aangs family (blood ending ftw)

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@gxrevolution96: They just couldn't see that well for a brief second, nothing suggests they couldn't bend at all (the very fact that they WERE bending kinda goes against that idea). Rewatch it, they saw the spirit in the water, looked at each other, left, and then the dark spirit appeared to Korra.

@jachripper Name one person in this scenario that can bloodbend.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: no one here can bloodbend without a full moon@juiceboks: the point is they couldn't break through to attack Korra, if they could have a bloodlusted Eska would have

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 juiceboks  Moderator

@arcus: They were in the spout for all of a few seconds, we didn't actually see them try to attack her mostly because they probably couldn't see her. Eska was trying to see through the water, she saw the glow of the spirit, looked at Desna, and then left. If they were actually being overpowered they wouldn't have been able to leave so casually.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: the waterspout wasn't meant to trap them, it was meant to keep them out and get them away. Of course they could leave, it was getting through to attack that was the problem for them

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By GXrevolution96

@juiceboksI I wasn't suggesting that they couldn't waterbend as they quite clearly were, just that the waterspout pushed them back and kept them at bay. It engulfed them in water. They couldn't attack Korra because they couldn't get through. They couldn't counter attack. The force behind it was pushing them back and you can see here that it briefly overwhelms them...

No Caption Provided

As for them dodging all of Korra's attacks, you have to consider that they hardly barely managed to land a hit on Korra. When they did hit her, she recovered almost instantly and generated the super water spout.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 juiceboks  Moderator

@arcus: And it didn't really do either. Eska was clearly hindered, but that's not the same as overpowered. The spout had nothing do with power, it was just to make it hard for them to fight her. They didn't try to disperse it or anything since they left right after they went in, so we can't just say they couldn't.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks:

What do you mean it didn't do either? It got Korra some space and kept them from attacking her. They didn't "go into" anything, it was a giant wall of water to keep Desna and Eska away from Korra

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 juiceboks  Moderator

@gxrevolution96:

Yes the spout made it difficult for Eska to fight her, because the force made it hard for her to see which is why she was covering her face and squinting. You can't say they couldn't counterattack because they were only in there for literally a second.

Hardly? They landed a clean hit that knocked her off balance for a moment. In other words, she was overwhelmed for a second.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@arcus: It didn't trap them because they left a few seconds after they entered, and yes it did give Korra some breathing room while they had to deal with it for all of a second or two. But it didn't keep them from coming towards her, and there's nothing to suggest it was too powerful for them to do anything about. Again, if it was so overwhelming they wouldn't have been able to escape so casually.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: why do you keep mentioning them escaping? There was nothing to escape because it wasn't meant to trap them or hold them in the first place

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@arcus: Because if the force of the water spout was so great that couldn't do anything about it, then they shouldn't have been able to just stroll out. I'm just saying they weren't rendered helpless, and it gave them difficulty in fighting Korra. That is it.

Of course the whole point of me bringing up the encounter in the first place was to show they are skilled enough to give Korra trouble..but yea lol.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks. They didn't stroll out though. Korra dissipated the waterspout just before the dark spirit attacked her. You keep saying that why could counter attack but how could they? There was a massive wall of water separating the twins from Korra. There is every indication leaning to that they couldn't escape.