Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#601  Edited By GXrevolution96

@arv993

@loklegends:

that whole airbending scene is AS boosted, a flash gives you power for a good while(not minutes ofc)

why would they do it for fun, its there for a reason that she kept using flashes it boosted her powers and the second blast came right after the first one meaning it was in the time period of AS powerup.

It makes no sense if both her powers are equal in AS or non-AS absolutely sounds ridiculous, by looking at older examples it makes sense that she has powers boosted for like half a minute or slightly more.

Kyoshi seperated an island with a flash did multiple elements but on much grander scale. aang used a flash to control an ocean and clean forest fires and then push it all back.

The fact that she has multiple flashes means the feats near that timeframe is AS boosted.

Uh, except that Korra does not go into the avatar state at all in the second gif. Period.

I literally just re-watched the finale episodes and Korra goes into the AS a total of three times

1.)

No Caption Provided

2.)

No Caption Provided

3.) And last but not least...

No Caption Provided

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#602  Edited By arv993

@arcus:

i'm not getting into an argument again i wasted too much time on that one subject looking back idk why i argued so long. go ask others on the subject if u want to get a better idea of what ppl interpreted that scene as.

she did all those feats in that time frame, the length shows that she had AS longer and closer to the time she performed the feat and thus if u look at previous feats like kyoshi, aang it all fits in. It is AS boosted i just wanted to show GXrevloution it was longer than aang thus access to more power for a longer time for producing AS feats she normally could not have.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#603  Edited By Arcus1

@arv993 said:

@arcus:

she did all those feats in that time frame, the length shows that she had AS longer and closer to the time she performed the feat and thus if u look at previous feats like kyoshi, aang it all fits in. It is AS boosted i just wanted to show GXrevloution it was longer than aang thus access to more power for a longer time for producing AS feats she normally could not have.

How do we know that the length of the amp after the flash is related to the length of the flash?

Those feats were powerful, but I wouldn't say they were reasonably outside of her normal capabilities, and they weren't as strong as her other AS feats we've seen

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#604  Edited By arv993

@gxrevolution96: no she didnt need to beacuse she just did b4 hand.

DOes that make any sense to you she used an AS flash to make big air blast, then she didnt suddenly need it and had the same level of power. so AS korra in air=non AS korra in air that sounds ridiculous. the second gif is still power from the first flash thus she could make the same feat again.

its like me saying aang only needed As flash for the first part where he cleared the forest fire then to push the whole sea back he didnt need it, ofc he needed he can't push that much water by himself he had AS boost it for a second so he can do both the the clearing or the forest and pushing it away. it doesnt magically mean AS aang in water= Non AS aang in water

Kyoshi did the same thing she used a flash used earth bending to rip apart the island and used air to blow back. There is a pattern AS flash with increased bending powers for the next short amount of time whether its half a minute or something along those line.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#605  Edited By GXrevolution96

@arv993 said:

@gxrevolution96: no she didnt need to beacuse she just did b4 hand.

DOes that make any sense to you she used an AS flash to make big air blast, then she didnt suddenly need it and had the same level of power. so AS korra in air=non AS korra in air that sounds ridiculous.

Wether it sounds ridiculous you or not is irrelevant. The evidence is there. She CLEALY does not use the AS at all when she blasted the mech back in that scene. If you think disagree, then it is up to you to provide evidence that she used it in that particular instance.

That particular air blast is not amped. Fact.

militaryMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#607  Edited By arv993

@gxrevolution96: It is proof the fact that she did all in that time frame if we go by your logic aang bend huge bodies of water at 12. and kyoshi is a god that she can create an island with just a flash. use common sense and use past feats of flashes from avatar they have done this multiple times.

@arcus:

she performed good feats on air, fire and earth together in that time frame she had quantity for her thats above her normal bending prowess and having an AS flash right b4 that makes it quite easily explained.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arv993 said:

@gxrevolution96: It is proof the fact that she did all in that time frame if we go by your logic aang bend huge bodies of water at 12. and kyoshi is a god that she can create an island with just a flash. use common sense and use past feats of flashes from avatar they have done this multiple times.

@arcus:

she performed good feats on air, fire and earth together in that time frame she had quantity for her thats above her normal bending prowess and having an AS flash right b4 that makes it quite easily explained.

Again, prove that she used the AS to amp her air blast in that particular scene. Ive already posted a gif showing you that she didn't go into the AS. If you still disagree, then the burden of proof falls on you.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arv993 said:

@arcus:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I agree the speed of her air spout was enhanced, but she's performed the airspout before

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#610  Edited By arv993

@gxrevolution96: my proof is from previous feats of avatar, kyoshi and aang are examples, look at kyoshi from when she creates her island. she first uses a flash to make an island by seperating the earth first then uses air to blow back further and further away for an extended time. Such a large scale feat is possible with AS flash, so korra doing two consecutive flashes was all in the time where she is granted her AS powerup/boost

@arcus:

exactly her airsprout is faster and she used it to pick up bigger chunks of earth and throw it further

whats the point of the fire feat? its not the same as jet propulsion

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#611  Edited By Arcus1

@arv993 said:

@gxrevolution96: my proof is from previous feats of avatar, kyoshi and aang are examples, look at kyoshi from when she creates her island. she first uses a flash to make an island by seperating the earth first then uses air to blow back further and further away for an extended time. Such a large scale feat is possible with AS flash, so korra doing two consecutive flashes was all in the time where she is granted her AS powerup/boost

@arcus:

exactly her airsprout is faster and she used it to pick up bigger chunks of earth and throw it further

whats the point of the fire feat? its not the same as jet propulsion

Shows raw power of firebending, and it did propel the sand sailer

We've been over this, but the chunks of earth weren't much bigger if at all

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: but i wasnt talking to you about fire whatever i assume u just like that feat, in combat her fire has been the least effective, her combat feats in it are bad.

they were denser and is thrown a lot further than in the feat you have shown.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arv993 said:

@arcus: but i wasnt talking to you about fire whatever i assume u just like that feat, in combat her fire has been the least effective, her combat feats in it are bad.

they were denser and is thrown a lot further than in the feat you have shown.

you mentioned the fire from the fire jets, that was just showing that that kind of power isn't outside her normal capabilities

Do we know that they were denser? Or that that makes a difference in earthbending?

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#614  Edited By GXrevolution96

@arv993 said:

Those examples are irrelevant. We are talking about this particular scene.

I even went thought the hassle of uploading the entire scene to youtube, just for you.

Loading Video...

Now, I am going to ask you one simple question. At what point during this scene does Korra go into the AS to amp her air blast. If you can answer this question, I will roll over and say uncle.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#615  Edited By GXrevolution96

@arv993

Look. Lets do a compassion on Korra's feats since you are unconvinced that Korra wasn't amped when bending those builders

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

As you can see, the boulders she bent were no where near the size as the on she bends in the AS, in the first gif

alphaeyght2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#616  Edited By alphaeyght2

@arv993: Uh, nope.. Did you convinced that Korra bending was still amped by AS when she lifted those boulders and used jet propulsion bc those feats are "impressive" ? We can clearly see that she used the avatar state to increase the speed of her air sprout. Then why she didn't use the AS as short as what Aang did in when he controls the sea ? Simply bc she needed to boosts her speed during the AS. Her avatar state effect stopped when she's done using air sprout. Let me remind you that Mako was also using jet propulsion to enter the hole in the giant mecha. And if you watch the height of the leg where the hole created, the height was about as the same as the building Korra jumped onto. And Mako isn't a better firebender than Korra (he can use lightning yes, but not better in firebending) and he is not an avatar either.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arv993: Let me remind you that Mako was also using jet propulsion to enter the hole in the giant mecha. And if you watch the height of the leg where the hole created, the height was about as the same as the building Korra jumped onto.

I hadn't even considered that. Nice point!

TheDanquah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can for the life of me not see how Aang would win. Korra have better showings than Aang, shown more raw skill in all of her bendings (maybe, just maybe save from air, Aangs main skill) and is even capable of doing bending Aang couldn't even do when he was in AS. That, and the fact that she is almost strictly a fighter, who by the end of the series, have an understanding of pure energy.

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#619  Edited By arv993

@gxrevolution96:

dude all those feats happened in that time frame and add to it she controlled 3 elements air, fire and earth. As i mentioned going by feats thats more than the regular one and it happened right after an AS flash, th other feat with zaheer is a large scale feat some AS feats are better than others and the one in finale is a flash compared to an enraged avatar which is higher level going by what we saw from aang many times in his rage.

aangs feats as well as any avatar feat is not always equal somtimes its used differently such as sometimes large scale used sometimes small scales are used like when aang made earth bullets or when he concentrated water and air to take out huge fires. in this case korra also threw it a lot further but she used it for a different purpose not just rage mode killing.

go back right b4 that video she used an AS flash to make the same exact feat (she used it right b4 the attack and repeated the same attack after the laser missed), so suddenly she became as good as her AS boost either, AS boosts give u a short time of boosted powers thats so easily seen in ATLA and LOK. she did the same thing with unalak she used AS to create a massive wind sprout and continued it for a short while after her eyes stopped blinking.

@thedanquah:

mako is not automatically inferior to korra in firebending because she is avatar. he showed good lightning skills and amazing redirection skills enough to take all the lightning in the mecha, so thats a bad argument its like saying aang>zuko in firebending cuz he is the avatar. mako has shown more high level bending and korra doesnt even have good fire combat feats she always gets opponents with air, metal or water the other elements in combat are a lot less used and not as effective. she uses fire a lot but her opponents dont seem to be affected much at all and relies on air, metal(in the recent ep) a lot more and thats when she gets more effective in fighting in general. so no she is no way better than mako in firebding especially when uses his sub element quite well which korra doesnt have.

Aang's As feats demolishes korra, he has created bending on huge scale and made the elemental ball which wrecked the huge areas where him and ozai fought in korra hasnt shown that level of combat ability.

and her AS was there for quite a few seconds its not a flash she performed better than avg feats all in the frame of AS boost. aang used one flash not even holding for a long time and was able to clear all the forest fires then push it back more than one feat i guess we should count that too huh. kyoshi did that too broke the island used a good air feat. all this shows that the AS boosted her anywhere near her AS flashes which btw was for quite a few seconds so its not one flash and bam.

raw skill in what, aang has much better earth feats, seismic sense, bending huge boulders that korra did in AS, making a whole wildlife arena for animals, his earth in raw other than metal bending which he doesnt have is far better than korra, korra has better water feats by a good margin there is no doubt there, and her use of airbending is stil quite below aang as he uses it with no effort to improve his speed vastly, and defensively and also at the same time has shown better feats in general with creating mini hurricanes many times. but her combat feats in fire is meh and her is good but not great. her physicla strength is superior though no doubt Not to mention aang has shown agility beyond her capability add seismic sense korra would have a tough time landing a single hit. And his AS feats are better by a quite a big margin.

i'm not gonna comment on your other opinions since ppl sometimes interpret korra being a rash and headstrong fighter equals good but i'll leave that up to them.

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus:

those arent the same technique, its different usage, she has decent capablity in producing fire but using it well in epecially in combat is not good. And we have a ton of feats to back it up here none of her major enemies had trouble with her fire but more with her air and water.

hell aang had better combat water feats than korra's fire,he took out zuko in season 1 when he matched aang in air and showed fast movements in that fight and when he was able to overwhelm combustion man in combat with water in comics. both are solid feats.

its like me showing aang having a really good water feats and say that other thing shoulnt be outside his capability. his non combat water feats are pretty good such as putting out the fire in sokkas master and making weather changes while at it in an instant which is quite good and he bended a large amount of water in the sea with waves in book 3 ep 1 while injured does that mean he can make water sprouts cuz that shouldnt be outside his abilities. i wish i had gifs for these.

all those feats are under AS boost which she had for seconds even after just boosting her sprout. but main point is she did 3 elements at once which is above her normal capability along with the rock range which was quite higher than normal

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#621  Edited By GXrevolution96

@arv993

The brief AS only gives Korra a momentary amp and was used only to boost her first Air blast. Thats it. By the time the laser is shot at her and she dodges, the amp is gone. Furthermore If Korra's second blast was amped you would have seen her flash before getting off the attack.

Saying Korra can use the AS power without going into it just sounds ridiculous to me.

I will ask you again, show me proof of Korra going into the AS to amped that particular attack?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arv993:

The fire feat shows that kind of power isn't outside of her normal limits, combat feats or no. Fire jets aren't a combat feat either (not that it matters but whatever).

Aang putting out the fires is clearly far more powerful than any of his other feats

alphaeyght2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#623  Edited By alphaeyght2
@arv993 said:

@thedanquah:

mako is not automatically inferior to korra in firebending because she is avatar. he showed good lightning skills and amazing redirection skills enough to take all the lightning in the mecha, so thats a bad argument its like saying aang>zuko in firebending cuz he is the avatar. mako has shown more high level bending and korra doesnt even have good fire combat feats she always gets opponents with air, metal or water the other elements in combat are a lot less used and not as effective. she uses fire a lot but her opponents dont seem to be affected much at all and relies on air, metal(in the recent ep) a lot more and thats when she gets more effective in fighting in general. so no she is no way better than mako in firebdingespeciallywhen uses his sub element quite well which korra doesnt have.

I guess this reply was supposed to me ??

I'm never saying that Korra is a better firebender simply bc she is an avatar. What i meant in my post before was : Mako can use fire jet propulsion like Korra did. You claimed that Korra was in Avatar State while using it because that's impressive. Mako isn't an avatar who can use AS to do jet propulsion, but he still could. Mako showed a very good manipulation over lightning, but in firebending, Korra's feats were better. There's nothing Mako did in firebending that Korra couldn't do too. And she showed more raw power in fire than Mako. And while using jet propulsion, raw power is very important. So what make you think that Korra should needed AS to jumped onto that building, while Mako did the same( same height ) obviously without avatar state ? Korra has done things better than lifted those boulders and using jet propulsion before with AS. And i'm still with my opinion that Korra Avatar state effect was done when her air sprout vanished.

And having subunit power doesn't mean you're a better bender in original element. Zaheer can fly, but not better in airbending than Aang. Suyin can metalbend, but King Bumi is much better than her in earthbending.

Aang's As feats demolishes korra, he has created bending on huge scale and made the elemental ball which wrecked the huge areas where him and ozai fought in korra hasnt shown that level of combat ability.

Yes, i don't know exactly the mechanism of avatar state, and whether Raava boosts Korra and Aang's bending with different scale. But i agree that Aang's feats in Avatar State was better.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#624  Edited By GXrevolution96

@arv993 In regards to Korra's jet propulsion, there is no reason to believe her AS amp was in effect or that she even needed it. And as @alphaeyght2 pointed out, Mako performed a similar propulsion feat when he flew up up onto the mech. So we can infer that Korra wanst being boosted by the AS.

Ive compiled a couple of images so we can scale and compare the height/distances of Mako and Korra's propulsions

First off, here is the shot of Mako using jet props ion to fly up onto the mech

No Caption Provided

As you can see. the hole Hiroshi cut in the mech was just below it's waist, right near the leg "ball and socket joint".

Now, to paint a clear picture how tall the mech is...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Now, lets move on to Korra's propulsion

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

As you can see, the building Korra is standing on is roughly level with the mech's waist, which is roughly where Hiroshi drilled the hole.

By comparing both, we can conclude that Mako was able to propel himself just as high as Korra. The only difference between korra's technique and Mako's is that she uses her feet,(which is a more skilled version) while he uses his hands, much like Azula.

The bottom line is--If Korra was flying around like in her fight with Zaheer, I would be more inclined to believe that her propulsion was being amped by the AS. However, in this particular instance, the propulsion is not as potent and is comparable to Mako's. Korra can only propel herself in a straight line, which is not quite the same as how she has used it in the AS

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#625  Edited By arv993

@gxrevolution96:

the point isnt just her propulsion but in the same time with earth and air and the use of it all at once which is beyond the common capability of her regular powers. she throws rocks usually bigger and further than her common capability and has faster sprout speeds and does it all very quick which is better than her regular feats and it happened right after a flash. her culmination is the more impressive part.

mako can excel better at certain areas than her and its shown in lightning and when he uses fire against the northern tribe forces he uses it more effectively than korra,

and two the blast is not an hour long it takes a few seconds, she used the same move after the blast that she did with the flash before. AS flash lasts a little while after not minutes but a few moments such as maybe half a minute or little less(i'm ball parking). but it was all in the time frame she did one air blast then gets shot by the thing dodges and does another one its weird that she is as strong as her AS amp. if i had gifs i can show u but u should know that both air blasts happened one after the other with a shot of the laser in between. looking back at other avatars it makes sense for this rather than her be able to replicate the same feat that was boosted by AS.

the proof would be aang and kyoshi go back and look they used two moves and for an extended time after the flash especially kyoshi she has shown to do it for quite a bit of time after the flash. korra did something similar with a smaller feat.

alphaeyght2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

actually, Korra has done using air sprout in that time. So, she just using fire+earth afterwards. Her propulsion was under her feet, and she lifted those boulders with hands movement. It's something normal. She has been using water/air sprout while attacking with fire or earth without AS before. Those boulders were big, but ain't that big, it's her feats in final book. some of aang's most powerful feats in earth and fire were also in final book in final battle. He has never shown that kind of power before, but it's still his feats, even in the last battle.

Like what i said before, having subunit power doesn't mean better in original element. In what time exactly ? If you meant when Mako created fire barrier in front of northern tribe waterbenders, he just casually firing the ground while moving with airplane. Some of Korra's blasts were much larger than that. I was pointing out that Korra has more raw power in Firebending based on feats.

And it's the movement of airbending, whether she was using AS or not, the movement would still be the same bc she was about to repeat the first action, creating wind canon. Should korra movement been any different if she wasn't using AS ?

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#627  Edited By GXrevolution96

@arv993

The point isnt just her propulsion but in the same time with earth and air and the use of it all at once which is beyond the common capability of her regular powers.

Nope. Korra has already shown the ability to bend multiple elements without the avatar states, so you are wrong on this point.

No Caption Provided

Those rocks weren't big. They were nowhere near the size of the boulders she was bending at Zaheer.

mako can excel better at certain areas than her and its shown in lightning and when he uses fire against the northern tribe forces he uses it more effectively than korra,

I never said that Mako couldn't excel in certain areas. Yes, Mako can use Lightning, but that does not automatically make him a better fire bender than Korra. Korra's has demonstrated better feats and has shown far more raw power than Mako has. By your logic

and two the blast is not an hour long it takes a few seconds, she used the same move after the blast that she did with the flash before. AS flash lasts a little while after not minutes but a few moments such as maybe half a minute or little less(i'm ball parking). but it was all in the time frame she did one air blast then gets shot by the thing dodges and does another one its weird that she is as strong as her AS amp.

You are speculating.

Whoever saidif i had gifs i can show u but u should know that both air blasts happened one after the other with a shot of the laser in between. looking back at other avatars it makes sense for this rather than her be able to replicate the same feat that was boosted by AS.

I have already posted the the scene for you, and it shows that Korra did not go into the AS.

I dont see why you think Korra's second air blast is beyond her capabilities. She effortlessly bent sky scraper sized waves at the mech like it was nothing. It is also consistent with everything else that was shown.

Emanresu-ehT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#628  Edited By Emanresu-ehT

Round 3 would most likely favor Korra over Aang

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I can for the life of me not see how Aang would win. Korra have better showings than Aang, shown more raw skill in all of her bendings (maybe, just maybe save from air, Aangs main skill) and is even capable of doing bending Aang couldn't even do when he was in AS. That, and the fact that she is almost strictly a fighter, who by the end of the series, have an understanding of pure energy.

Korra has better showings? Literally Aangs first time water bending he was creating waves. In an AS FLASH(not full on Avatar state), he bended a whole ocean. He was heaving large boulders at firelord Ozai with ease in the final battle. Boulders much larger than the ones Korra was bending. The only element I would say Korra is better in is fire, and that's cause Aaang only learned that element for about 2 weeks max. And we all know he's a FAR better air bender. Aangs far more talented. Give him 3 months to learn, and he becomes a top notch bender. Imagine how powerful he was by age 21. He would murderstomp Korra. He's more skillful than Korra, and is naturally more talented.

LokLegends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#630  Edited By LokLegends

@petey_is_spidey

Korra has better showings? Literally Aangs first time water bending he was creating waves.

Aang bends a 25 ft wave. Meh. Korra bends 25 story waves like it is nothing and with a simply arm gesture. Just note that 25 stories is roughly 200ft, which is around the height of the golden gate bridge. Aang never came close to demonstrating that level of power with the AS or some other assistance.

In an AS FLASH(not full on Avatar state), he bended a whole ocean.

That is irrelevant. Aang used the avatar state power to perform that feat. Regardless of the flash.

The only element I would say Korra is better in is fire, and that's cause Aaang only learned that element for about 2 weeks max.

No. Korra outclasses Aang in water bending. They are at the point of being incomparable. Aang hardly used water bending, and when he did, it was subpar. Water is Korra's native element and she has far better feats, and would arguably go toe-to-toe with katara, if not beat her. The only element(s) that Aang legitimately has over Korra is Air, and arguably earth, albeit I'd go with Aang on that one.

Imagine how powerful he was by age 21. He would murderstomp Korra. He's more skillful than Korra, and is naturally more talented.

We are comparing Eos Korra to EoS Aang. Aang's power level in his later ages is venturing into speculation territory.

He's more skillful than Korra, and is naturally more talented.

Korra was bending 3 elements at the age of 4 while Aang was still diapers, and starting his air bending. I think its obvious who the more talented one is

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey

Korra has better showings? Literally Aangs first time water bending he was creating waves.

Aang bends a 25 ft wave. Meh. Korra bends 25 story waves like it is nothing and with a simply arm gesture. Just note that 25 stories is roughly 200ft, which is around the height of the golden gate bridge. Aang never came close to demonstrating that level of power with the AS or some other assistance.

In an AS FLASH(not full on Avatar state), he bended a whole ocean.

That is irrelevant. Aang used the avatar state power to perform that feat. Regardless of the flash.

The only element I would say Korra is better in is fire, and that's cause Aaang only learned that element for about 2 weeks max.

No. Korra outclasses Aang in water bending. They are at the point of being incomparable. Aang hardly used water bending, and when he did, it was subpar. Water is Korra's native element and she has far better feats, and would arguably go toe-to-toe with katara, if not beat her. The only element(s) that Aang legitimately has over Korra is Air, and arguably earth, albeit I'd go with Aang on that one.

Imagine how powerful he was by age 21. He would murderstomp Korra. He's more skillful than Korra, and is naturally more talented.

We are comparing Eos Korra to EoS Aang. Aang's power level in his later ages is venturing into speculation territory.

He's more skillful than Korra, and is naturally more talented.

Korra was bending 3 elements at the age of 4 while Aang was still diapers, and starting his air bending. I think its obvious who the more talented one is

Well I guess I can agree she's a better water bender. But all other elements Aang outclases her, with maybe the exception of Fire(which is debatable since he only had 2 weeks to learn). And Korra was bending 3 elements at three, but Aang was nearly a master of ALL the elements in a years time, while Korra was still learning by age 17. Aang is a far better fighter, is more versatile, and knows how to use the elements at their strengths. He's also a way better defensive fighter.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey: Aang has very few feats in firebending, nothing to suggest he's better than Korra. Aang's a more defensive fighter, true, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's a better fighter. His relative lack of offense could easily be a weakness

LokLegends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#633  Edited By LokLegends

@petey_is_spidey

Well I guess I can agree she's a better water bender. But all other elements Aang outclases her, with maybe the exception of Fire(which is debatable since he only had 2 weeks to learn)

Again, Irrelevant. We are comparing EoS Aang and EoS Korra. Korra's fire bending>Aang's fire bending. Unless you can produce feats that show otherwise.

And Korra was bending 3 elements at three, but Aang was nearly a master of ALL the elements in a years time, while Korra was still learning by age 17.

Uh, no. Aang wasn't "nearly a master of ALL the elements in a years time". The only element(s) Aang had down was air and arguably water. He had only begun training in fire bending and Toph stated that his earth bending needed work.

Firstly, Korra had already mastered fire, earth & water. Secondly, Korra did not need to rush her training like Aang did. Aang had a deadline where had to learn the elements. Thirdly, Roku took just as much time learning the elements as Korra, give or take. It took Roku 12 years.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loklegends:

To be fair, Toph might've said his earthbending could use work, but he's still one of the best earthbenders in the series, I'd put him above Korra in earthbending

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: It's not that Aang has no offense, he's proven to be an effective attacker, its just that he's more defensive by nature, because he's a monk. Korra, on the other hand has shown know defensive capabilities, at least none like Aangs.

@loklegends: Toph said his earthbending could use some work, but that doesn't mean he wasn't nearly a master, just not as good as toph thought he could be(which is a high standard). He was still the 3rd best earthbender in the entire series after Bumi and Toph.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: It's not that Aang has no offense, he's proven to be an effective attacker, its just that he's more defensive by nature, because he's a monk. Korra, on the other hand has shown know defensive capabilities, at least none like Aangs.

@loklegends: Toph said his earthbending could use some work, but that doesn't mean he wasn't nearly a master, just not as good as toph thought he could be(which is a high standard). He was still the 3rd best earthbender in the entire series after Bumi and Toph.

Yeah, obviously he has offense, he's just not always as offensive as he could/should be. The three way fight with him, Zuko, and Azula is a good example, where he spent the whole fight avoiding and evading until he eventually got pinned down, didn't attack once. Korra's made shields, shown evasive abilities, etc., she's not as defensive as Aang, sure, but she's generally more offensive, which could be a good thing

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I give this to aang. I think believe that they are equals as benders but aang is just so agile that in a fight, i see it going as korra spamming him with attacks, he dodges them and executes a counter attack. It is by no means gonna end that quickly and easily, its gonna be one hell of a fight, but basically thats how i think the flow of the fight will go

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra seems to have overall more raw power & is more ruthless . I see her taking the majority

alphaeyght2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Back to topic, i'd go with Korra... More overall raw power and the environment vastly giving her advantages here..

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#640  Edited By silentbat

Round 1:

• morals on
  • no bloodlust
  • winner by KO
  • fight on the beach
  • no avatar state

Korra wins this round. Aang morals on has always left something to be desired. Korra is a far more viable fighter. The physical part of being the Avatar came naturally to her.

Round 2:

• morals off
  • bloodlusted
  • winner by KO, death, or removal of bending
  • fight on beach
  • no avatar state

Harder to say. Maybe a stalemate though I still favor Korra.

Round 3:

• everything in round 3 but avatar state is available.

Aang. When in the Avatar state he has shown a greater use of it, which makes sense. Aang had far more power with the spiritual part of being a Avatar, it was the physical stuff that was allusive to him. But the second they both go into Avatar-state, Aang takes the cake.

militaryMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

Round 1: Korra

Round 2: closer but Korra again

Round 3: Aang

schleck33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 Korra 6/10

Round 2 Aang, Aang is a much better air bender than Zaheer. Korra seem to struggle against agile benders.

Round 3 Aang his AS is more powerful.

monkey1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#644  Edited By monkey1992

To those that didn't read the comic, Aang can actually fight that Giant Mecha on his own cuz he show to be able to fight a giant opponent 1 on 1 while Korra needed help from people or the tree of time to create astral projection form.

No Caption Provided

Aang can shoot a 4 elements flash which is strong enough to pierce Old Iron's chest. If it was Aang, I think he could have killed UnaVaatu the same way.

No Caption Provided

So overall, Korra's feats are really pale compare to Aang's. Aang would simply win in round 3 with avatar state.

monkey1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#645  Edited By monkey1992

@arcus: Aang can also use air spout without avatar state.

No Caption Provided

Aang did threw a bunch of giant rocks from very long range as well. Remember how he took down Ozai's airship?

No Caption Provided

Regardless of the Sozin's comet, Aang's fire was still as powerful as Ozai's.

Except water bending, his feats of other elements are way better than Korra's + his speed, he would beat Korra in a non-avatar state match.

Avatar image for wolverineistoaa
WolverineIsTOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: korra

Round: 2 Aang

Round 3: Ends in sex

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is this kid Aang? wait, doesn't matter either way, imo, it is a complete stomp in both rounds.

War_Ruin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Korra would take the majority, but Aang could win in his Avatar State. He has more power with it than Korra did when she entered Avatar State.

xXxcarzellxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra takes majority because of her greater Raw prowess and aggression

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers