Aang vs Korra

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@arcus: why was it harder to avoid then aang had to make himself a freaking mini tornado to do it. Ur saying a guy with a greater range attack is easier to avoid. This is lol worthy. No its not ur arguing against feats here. Again aang had to do very high levels of airbending to avoid. Feats > ur opinion ur merely being biased.

ozai got hit b4, he got faster but his blasts of lightning are bigger and more destructive, showed aang having a harder time dodging it and add to it redirected lightning is faster again feats show it and he made the oh shit face and it was dramatized. so ur opinons are beyond pointless everything shown is againstwhat ur implying

aang had the advantage at the drill and blew her back he won, and azula did have the advanatge in catacomb but thats a wreck these days and equals losing gee i didnt know that.

air blasts are powerful can tank rocks to a much greater degree softening the boulder aang just made a huricane that lifted the big rock bumi threw at him so an airblast similaraly can slow down a rock, the fight was even both of them had them at gun point aang didnt even attack as they were not full out enemies he stopped mid way as did bumi.

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#552  Edited By arv993

@dextersinister: sorry but what ur saying is fanfiction. if they dont show it, itcan't be used in vs thread. she never shot spriit energy out like that once even when her life was in danger. but its impressive but not an offensive power that she has unless she has shown it to be like that. she doesnt have spirit vine energy out of her arms, she created a portal through it she can't create portals at will.

@etheral_dreams:

aang has the power to take and give power in energybending korra only showed giving in energy bending. She has never shown anything like that where she can do that to aang sorry but we have to based on whats shown.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#553  Edited By GXrevolution96

@dextersinister said:

@arv993 said:

@dextersinister:

its not an offensive power she can't shoot spirt vine energy from her hands,she contained the blast its impressive i agree but its not something thats used in a bending battle.

Don't see why not, it was a clear use of vastly more raw power than she had used up until that point when she was forced to dodge those blasts. Considering that was energy bending there is no reason that amount of power couldn't have been translated into dropping rivers, building, or just sucking it into the ground.

Yes. I agree somewhat. Korra has seemingly realised the extent of her powers and has demonstrated this by bending that spirit beam energy. Considering her level of spirituality and her deep connection with Raava, I would say it is not a stretch for her to have the ability to shoot energy beams, much like Vaatu. There is no reason why Raava wouldn't have the same ability as Vaatu. And since Raava is within Korra, Korra should be able to replicate it. This aligns with Zaheer's statement about her power being limitless. Another considering is that not even Aang was able to commune with Raava. It just goes to show you how far Korra has come, spiritually.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#554 Arcus1  Online

@arv993:

No, I'm saying that while Zuko redirected lightning at Ozai at close range. Aang did it at much greater distance, which would be easier to avoid. Aang was avoiding if by jumping.

He was only able to do that because the drill exploded and separated them

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#555  Edited By arv993

@gxrevolution96:

this is called speculation and bordering fan fiction, she was able to stop it into blowing up and made a spirit portal does that mean she can now make spirit portals at will. No i dont think so. unnavatu do that in human form i dont think so

um its like me saying im going to speculate that aang can fly because he did that in the season 2 finale when he let go all of the tethers and was in air without any air balls and he didnt need any earthly connections. i think he can replicate that again.

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#556  Edited By arv993

@arcus: aang showed never before shown tornadoes of himself to dodge it he was having a tough time and eventually resorted to a newly learned skill of redirection, and redirection is faster(feats to back it up). closer doesnt matter by the simple fact that the range is much bigger. there are feats on this matter, and the whole drama of it with the face and everything.why would they do that they make scenes like these very obvious.

yes but their fight still expended and she was trying to fight him and kill him and almost got a hit on him with the fire. she got blown away after that.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#557  Edited By GXrevolution96

@arv993 said:

@gxrevolution96:

t does that mean she can now make spirit portals at will. No i dont think so. unnavatu do that in human form i dont think so

um its like me saying im going to speculate that aang can fly because he did that in the season 2 finale when he let go all of the tethers and was in air without any air balls and he didnt need any earthly connections. i think he can replicate that again.

What are you talking about. I never once said that she can make spirit portals at will.

Yh, it may not be a combat feat, but she arguably displayed more power than Aang has ever shown, especially when you consider how powerful the spirit beam energy is. If anything it, it confirms that Korra's energy/spirit bending>Aang's. But that is going bit off topic, so I'll drop that point.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#558 Arcus1  Online

@arv993: he was also just jumping to dodge. This was the closest Aang came to actually effectively attacking Ozai, and he might have hit Ozai, hence his surprise, but there was no guarantee. Yes, closer does matter, because at close range there's less time to dodge

What do you mean their fight expended? Aang only got an advantage because of environmental circumstances that had nothing to do with either of their skill

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#559  Edited By arv993

@gxrevolution96:

iwas making a point she made energy into a portal and cant do that at will. if its not a combat feat its irrelevant here. its an energy bending feat yes no one said otherwise but its useless here. Her AS feats in combat are lacking in comparsion to aang still and the show is over. aang has both the power to take and give bending so its different but korra can do this, but what are the chances she is going to use it again anywhere ppl arent going to be using spirit vines on her so in combat its not effective which is the whole point of this thread. you said she can make spirit energy and beams or agreed to it i called that speculation.

aang bended Yu dao and stopped a war between two armies in a very short amount of time and saved zuko in AS in comics so i wouldnt say that. but what they both did is different so i consider it impressive for korra. but we're talking combat here.

@arcus;

no closer gets changed by range its the same story zuko shoots it back because the range is smaller in a non comet setting and in a comet setting everything is made bigger so it was able to reach aang even when he was further from ozai, ozai's regular lightning wouldnt have even that kind of range and aang had a much more diffuclt time dodging and feats show redirection speed >regular lightning, i havve feats you have nothing and pure opinion. show me feats to back up what you're saying. these are all feats and add to it the dramatization and face he made ur just in plain denial. he wasnt just jumping but using airbending like never b4 and this is charged lightning not redirected.

oh i thought i typed extended.

using the environment to ur advantage is the point aang created that rock and it woked to his favor, azula tried to do that too she tried to get him out with his fire and got blasted away. she had disadvantage that fight she lost that scuffle.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#560  Edited By MetalJimmor

As of the finale the gap between Korra and Aang's earthbending is vastly smaller. He is still better, but her ability to project massive boulders such a huge distance is a testament to her power. Actually I find it interesting. Both Aang and Korra displayed a level of earthbending power they never achieved before in their finale episodes. Then again, Korra's metalbending was enough to contend with Kuvira's projectiles, which shows she is at least proficient with metalbending. Aang can't even do it, which compensates for her lacking in the earth department.

We can also stop saying Korra isn't an airbending master. She definitely is. The ease in which she uses the air spout for travel and her heavy incorporation of air into her combat style makes it perfectly clear. Still not as good as Aang but the gap is smaller.

Meanwhile the gap between her and Aang in waterbending just became substantially larger. She was able to raise two waves of water over 20 stories high with enough force to push back a mecha that had previously no sold having massive boulders being chucked at it, then flash froze it in ice strong enough to contain it. This being a machine that was strong enough to stand up after having a skyscraper dropped on it.

The difference in their speed is negligible now too, if it even exists. Aang employs air jumps more frequently, but Korra is able to ride air and water spouts for a huge boost in mobility, as well as use jet propulsion for short distance flight. She was able to avoid, and later block after it was fired, Kuvira's super weapon. An attack that was able to cross the span of an entire city in less than a second. There is nothing in the Avatarverse that moves as fast as that beam did, and she was able to avoid it, albeit barely, multiple times through the episodes.

In terms of agility Korra's fights tend to be much faster paced than Aang's were. Kuvira was a speed fighter and Korra was able to keep up with her barrage of tiny metal clips. The fastest attacker in TLA was arguably Azula, and Kuvira fires off attacks at a much faster rate than Azula did, combined with attacking from multiple angles which is something firebenders just can't do. Kuvira's speed, precision, and versatility made her an extremely effective fighter, particularly when surrounded by her own element, and Korra holding her own against her is a huge boon in Korra's favor, not a detriment like some posters here seem to be saying. Frankly, Kuvira is a much better metalbender than Toph was in TLA.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor Another superb analysis. I always look forward to hearing/reading your opinion. You always look a things so objectively and dint tend to biases

@arv993 said:

@gxrevolution96:

iwas making a point she made energy into a portal and cant do that at will. if its not a combat feat its irrelevant here. its an energy bending feat yes no one said otherwise but its useless here. Her AS feats in combat are lacking in comparsion to aang still and the show is over. aang has both the power to take and give bending so its different but korra can do this, but what are the chances she is going to use it again anywhere ppl arent going to be using spirit vines on her so in combat its not effective which is the whole point of this thread. you said she can make spirit energy and beams or agreed to it i called that speculation.

aang bended Yu dao and stopped a war between two armies in a very short amount of time and saved zuko in AS in comics so i wouldnt say that. but what they both did is different so i consider it impressive for korra. but we're talking combat here.

I was speaking generally and wasn't arguing it as point that she would beat Aang. An no. I didn't say she could do it. I just said that going along with what Zaheer said and Korra's ability bend energy, that her being able to shoot energy beams wouldn't be too much of stretch.

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#562  Edited By arv993

@gxrevolution96:

well we might never know but only beings like spirit form of unavatu and korra seem to be able to do it as they have spirit energy within themselves unlike korra. ok so you were taking a guess ok thats fine i guess

@metaljimmor:

that feat is not great and that boulder is not huge by Atla standards whatsoever. aang has shown much bigger manipulation. two she doesnt have seismic sense a very big disadvantage against another earth bender. aang is already a person who is hard to hit with seismic sense hes only better. but yes metal is useful but the gap in pure earth bending is still large bending decent sized boulders are not great.

And by the way she used AS flash right b4 that so those boulders are boosted by AS. So she isnt aang lvl or closer.

her air is really good in combat for her but a lot of those feats outside the mech is due to flashes of AS, aang has used flash of AS to bend a sea and take out forest fires, an kyshi has used it to give her power to separate and make an island.

her speed is not aang level no, she is faster now but not aang level refer to him when he is fully running with air bending korra is not at that level. her air improved greatly but she doesnt fight like an airbender aang can use it in many different ways such as using mini tornadoes and for his agility and being light on foot which is all above korra's feats in that department but she is good i wouldnt say she is a master on tenzin's level but she is good. there is a moment of charge b4 it shoots ater which it is fast many characters dodged it from a decent distance but it is a good feat but not mind blowing level.

this why i think there is still a decent difference in speed and agility using it to dodge and attack. aang has seismic sense a skill that makes it very hard to hit him on the ground as he can sense it and he used it in combat training and against ozai quite well. he uses air to make himself faster to great speeds but that is raw speed bt his use of air bending enables him to be quicker and is good to dodge and block mid air attacks. korra uses air well offensively but does not use it to propel herself in the same way and have seismic sense so aang still has an edge in speed and agility.

kuvira is a suyin level fighter a little better perhaps was she good yes, but was she great like iroh, toph, ozai, bumi, jeong jeong in their elements no way red lotus level of skill is not present either . su yin and lin are not on red lotus status either who are the great individuals in LOK. she is good but lets not overrate her korra with many elements over her and having metal proficiency which should help with air an fire giving an advantage in close quarters she did bad by not beating someone like kuvira.

and her combat feats in AS are still lacking compared to aang just to give some perspective

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#563 Arcus1  Online

@arv993:

Ok, I don't understand what you're trying to say about range. According to feats, Ozai is fast enough to match Aang and to evade AS attacks, and according to feats Ozai's lightning is instant, any speed difference between it and redirected lightning is negligible

It was only extended because of factors that had nothing to do with either of them-the drill exploding

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#564  Edited By arv993

@arcus:

its not negligible it was enough for him to get hit by zuko so no redirected is faster, ozai still has a small charge and is vulnerable after he shoots it out look at zuko and him.

if your attacks are bigger and go further at the same rate then closeness matter is the point ozai couldnt dodge it. zuko being close is a bs argument as even tho aang was further away the lightning reached him in the same manner since he has something called a comet. everything is boosted his speed and his attacks power and range.

Negligible lol thats why he was on the floor a few seconds you are ignoring feats and ignoring portrayl give me feats, but you cant i give u a previous instance with the same result except aang's fight is a grander scale where all his moves become bigger with better range. And not to mention portrayal and expression.

AS attacks are not faster than redirected lightning.

give me feats that disprove redirected lightning is slower i can show u where its faster since no charge is needed and two again AS attacks are not as fast as lightning that is redirected.

stop wasting my time when u keep saying the same thing, I have feats and portrayals where you rather just use your own opinion. I dont even have to say anything beyond that this happened to ozai b4 that feat is proof enough.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno how much of korra's feats in the finale were AS or not. She kept doing the quick AS eye glow thing and we dont know 100% for certain what exactly it does/means. Some would argue that she is actually in the AS when she does that and just doesnt maintain glowing eyes, and some would claim that it is just a temporary boost. Is there any actual cannon confirmation of what it actually is? But tbh, I was under the impression that a lot of her big feats vs the colossus was AS-powered. Her fight with kuvira was all her though, I really enjoyed it, showed her versatility using the elements.

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#566  Edited By arv993

@martinceld:

exactly when you do flashes for a minute or slightly more or sometimes less you have AS powers, aang has done this, kyoshi separated an island with this. even her use of jet propulsion seemed like it was done right b4 a flash i have to go see it again carefully.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#567 Arcus1  Online

@arv993:

The lightning Ozai was firing against Aang had little to no charge time. Aang struggled to redirect the lightning, resulting in as much time being needed as Ozai needed to fire

There's no evidence that Ozai's lightning was faster under the comet, just stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arv993 said:

@martinceld:

exactly when you do flashes for a minute or slightly more or sometimes less you have AS powers, aang has done this, kyoshi separated an island with this. even her use of jet propulsion seemed like it was done right b4 a flash i have to go see it again carefully.

korra's eye glows/flashes were only for like 2-10 seconds(except when she blocked spirit cannon) though, not a minute long, which is why im not sure what to think about it

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#569  Edited By arv993

@arcus: he didnt struggle those are split seconds and there is a charge time your whole theory is false beacuse after he shoots it he has a momentary pause thus why he was standing there. it in itself should show his momentary vulnerability. he showed he can do a few then he had a moment of vulnerability. And i would bring up if he was so fast why was he worried cuz he couldnt move no other reason.

if something is stronger and reaches much further than normal at the same rate of speed it is more deadly simple so the feat from before is still valid you are just arguing for the sake of arguing. Aang had him at gunpoint so to speak.

You are being in complete denial and keep saying closeness matters when it doesnt and they put a scene were ozai is so worried for no reason, yea then aang never lost to azula in the 3 way fight, there are many more scenarios like that in LOK and Atla

@martinceld:

no i mean the powers are there for a minute or less. i didnt mean the whole flash time was a 1 minute. look at the fight those feats are AS boosts. she just turned the AS flash on for 3-5 sec then immediately goes and picks up those boulders and uses a big jet propulsion. BOth those feats happened very close to a flash. avatars use flash to make their ability stronger for a short time, aang, kyoshi have done it.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#570 Arcus1  Online

@arv993: so...he just cried out for no reason? Ozai's lightning only takes split seconds to charge. He was standing still because the scene was in slow motion

Again, I'm not saying Aang couldn't have hit him. All I'm saying is that it's not a 100% guarantee that he would

Azula's lightning wasn't any faster, why would Ozai's be faster? Didn't seem any faster to me

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#571  Edited By arv993

@arcus: it was in very fast time so its a minor struggle not a big one. and there is slo mo for a reason, no its not a split second charge he has to move his hands around more, its not split second. and look back to previous feats what im saying is happened b4.

The creators made ozai make that face and he dindt move and its in slow motion he wasnt dodging. Also ozai didnt even move till all the lightning went far away right there u kno that he couldnt have avoided it. he was standing there so if aang pointed at him he would not dodge it . Let me reapeat he stood there and did not move till the lightning went away he wasnt dodging that. Feats are all in favor of aang hitting him and portrayal was beyond obvious

No Caption Provided

And look at his body he wasnt standing up straight he was still in the form where he came out of making the form for lightning.

azula makes a lot more hand motions so its an easier tell an gives ppl some time to react, but what i was saying is the range is much bigger is a lightning range is much bigger and it goes further at the same rate as it did before its faster. its like finishing a 100 m race in 10 sec and 200 m race in 10 sec one covers much more ground. further proof aang had a much harder time getting away used highest airbending feats and became a mini tornado to dodge it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arv993: Oh okay! The way you wrote it can make it mean 2 things haha. But anyway now that you have clarified what you meant, then it seems like we are in agreement that Korra's feats vs the colossus were indeed AS boosted :)

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#573  Edited By GXrevolution96

@arv993

look at the fight those feats are AS boosts. she just turned the AS flash on for 3-5 sec then immediately goes and picks up those boulders and uses a big jet propulsion. BOth those feats happened very close to a flash. avatars use flash to make their ability stronger for a short time, aang, kyoshi have done it.

Watch the scene carefully...

Loading Video...

She only goes into the the AS 0:20, and leaves it a couple of seconds afterwards. Pause it at 0:30 or just look at the video thumbnail. You'll notice her eyes are no longer glowing, which means she is no longer being amped. The bending moves that follow was all under her own power.

And at 0:40, she is clearly not in the AS when she launches those boulders, which reinforces this.

Another thing I would like to point out is that the brief AS amp is not long lasting. It is momentary. The sequence where she uses jet propulsion whilst bending those giant boulders was long after she left the state.

her air is really good in combat for her but a lot of those feats outside the mech is due to flashes of AS

Not all of them...

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

her air improved greatly but she doesnt fight like an airbender aang can use it in many different ways such as using mini tornadoes and for his agility and being light on foot which is all above korra's feats in that department but she is good i wouldnt say she is a master on tenzin's level but she is good.

Korra is not exactly slow either. She can use the air spout to enhance her speed and to fly on, and she has also shown to use air bending to augment her jumps and to become more agile.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#574 Arcus1  Online

@arv993:

This argument is becoming pointless, a facial expression is not proof of Aang having a 100% guaranteed kill shot at Ozai. We've seen Aang avoiding lightning, we've seen Zuko run to intercept lightning after it was fired, we've seen Ozai be fast enough to keep up with Aang and faster than Zuko running, there's no guarantee. Aang only used the tornado once to dodge it, he dodged multiple blasts

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#575  Edited By arv993

@gxrevolution96: look at it closely

she picks up boulders right before she does an AS flash and ur gifs are not even the boulders. and when u do an AS flash u get AS powers for a short time, why is it so close to her good feats since its an AS flash. aang did the same thing with water otherwise that would be called an amazing water feat but its boosted by an AS flash.

seconds after she does an AS flash she picks up big boulders and chucks them oh isnt that to big of a coincidence because its not its AS boosted.

i did say her air improved greatly but she is not used like aang to dodge who made mini tornadoes, shes good but i was comparing to aang but dont get me wrong its become one of her more impressive elements.

@arcus:

aang also used big earth moves that he never used b4 to avoid it.

but main point ozai didnt move until the lighting wnt away right there u kno he cant dodge it add to it,

look at the pic he was not out of form yet he was vulnerable all indications to he would be hit.

stop ignoring previous feats and the fact that he is not even in a moving state he was still coming out of his form not even fully standing up. and main point didnt move till aang shot all the lighning away what more do u need. ALL feats and portrayal says that he was getting hit. azula and ozai are not the same so comparing zuko running is not the same.

I'm fine with ending it here because at this point we're are pretty much copy pasting our previous points.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#576  Edited By Arcus1  Online

@arv993 said:

@gxrevolution96: look at it closely

she picks up boulders right before she does an AS flash and ur gifs are not even the boulders. and when u do an AS flash u get AS powers for a short time, why is it so close to her good feats since its an AS flash. aang did the same thing with water otherwise that would be called an amazing water feat but its boosted by an AS flash.

seconds after she does an AS flash she picks up big boulders and chucks them oh isnt that to big of a coincidence because its not its AS boosted.

i did say her air improved greatly but she is not used like aang to dodge who made mini tornadoes, shes good but i was comparing to aang but dont get me wrong its become one of her more impressive elements.

The AS flash boosted her air spout speed, not the boulders.

She did a similar feat again later with no AS flash anytime near it

No Caption Provided

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#577  Edited By arv993

@arcus: smaller rocks and much smaller range so its not quite a feat.nothing special for an avatar. her other one was more impressive snce she took the rock up the building had bigger parts and threw them a lot further

what lol ofc it helped her boulders and made her give a big jet propulsion, she just had the flash then she picks up boulders and chucks it far, it was really close to a flash. a flash has power to last for a short time, and she had that flash too boost the whole way through for her sprout

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#578  Edited By Arcus1  Online

@arv993 said:

@arcus:

aang also used big earth moves that he never used b4 to avoid it.

but main point ozai didnt move until the lighting wnt away right there u kno he cant dodge it add to it,

look at the pic he was not out of form yet he was vulnerable all indications to he would be hit.

stop ignoring previous feats and the fact that he is not even in a moving state he was still coming out of his form not even fully standing up. and main point didnt move till aang shot all the lighning away what more do u need. ALL feats and portrayal says that he was getting hit. azula and ozai are not the same so comparing zuko running is not the same.

I'm fine with ending it here because at this point we're are pretty much copy pasting our previous points.

No Caption Provided

He also just jumped around to avoid it

The point with Zuko and Azula is showing that people can react to lightning after it's been fired

Yeah we're pretty much just repeating ourselves on this point. Yes, Aang could have hit Ozai. Was it absolutely guaranteed? No. Was Aang losing for the rest of the fight? Yeah, pretty much

@arv993 said:

@arcus: smaller rocks and much smaller range so its not quite a feat.nothing special for an avatar.

Smaller range, maybe, idk though. The rocks aren't really smaller

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#579  Edited By arv993

@arcus: look at the burst of air he came out of the tornado then he used the earth to block it then the gif stops right b4 we see what he does. he's jumping arund to avoid the next one and aang can jump high we all know that but he resorted to using some of the best bending to avoid lightning. aang had ozai gunpoint and let him go as a symbol of his pacifism and not to mentions feats from b4, he had a win right there is my opinion and many others i have talked with but i guess not everyone. aang has shown he can take ozai on ground quite handily so if its not comet he would win without a doubt but yea he was at a disadvantage in the fight with no AS no doubt about it.

they are smaller and a lot less thicker, these are somewhat bigger scale of regular big earth chunks those were big parts of the road she picked up there with a lot more mass. and the main thing is range that was what was impressive in that feat but here the range is a lot smaller.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#580 Arcus1  Online

@arv993: he's clearly jumping away from that last blast, and Ozai was clearly keeping up with him as he evaded. All I'm saying is it wasn't a guaranteed win

They might be a bit smaller, but she also picked up more of them

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#581  Edited By arv993

@arcus: ozai dodged a big rock not lightning he can keep up with aang, but he gets tired after multiple shots, he was vulnerable for those moments picture proves he is not out of form dont ignore all of that. and he didnt move till the lightning all went away you dont need any other feat than that. he dindt move till all the lightning moved away simple.

i didnt see as the gif ended but thats still doesnt excuse the fact that ozai is not out of his form and couldnt move till after the lightning went away.

it was clear aang was going to hit him, its obvious we dont agree so why continue

smaller still with onne more piece and bigger is better and the range is not there not a mindblowing feat or a great one either.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#582 Arcus1  Online

@arv993 said:

@arcus: ozai dodged a big rock not lightning he can keep up with aang, but he gets tired after multiple shots, he was vulnerable for those moments picture proves he is not out of form dont ignore all of that. and he didnt move till the lightning all went away you dont need any other feat than that. he dindt move till all the lightning moved away simple.

i didnt see as the gif ended but thats still doesnt excuse the fact that ozai is not out of his form and couldnt move till after the lightning went away.

it was clear aang was going to hit him, its obvious we dont agree so why continue

smaller still with onne more piece and bigger is better and the range is not there not a mindblowing feat or a great one either.

He was matching Aang's speed is the point. He doesn't need to be out of his form, lightning is avoidable after fired. It was clear that Aang, for the first time in the fight, had a decent chance of getting Ozai, sure, but was it absolutely guaranteed? No

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

the size really isn't that different if there's a difference at all (for the biggest rocks in the second gif), and in the second gif she picked up five rocks instead of just two. The range was a bit smaller in the second one but still a relatively far distance

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#583  Edited By arv993

@arcus: it doesnt matter you arent in position to move well you are dead wrong he wasnt in the right form. and redirected is faster there was a charge on each point when he shot it there wasnt nearly that much time for aang and it was in slo mo. He would have gotten ozai. feats for redirected>regular lightning pls use feats not your opinion

AND HE DIDNT MOVE TILL ALL THE LIGHTNING WENT AWAY. that means he is a dead man based on that simple fact. feats >ur opinon im talking about what happened here.

the size is smaller and the rocks she picked up in AS boost were thicker the range is much further a little more than twice the distance.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#584 Arcus1  Online

@arv993:

You say that like he was stuck and couldn't possibly move

You're redirected is faster than regular feats are shaky at best, especially considering that the time Ozai took to charge is pretty much the same as the time Aang took to redirect

Feats show Ozai's speed and the avoidability of lightning

I don't see a significant size difference, and she picked up more than twice as many rocks in the second one

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#585  Edited By arv993

@arcus: they're not shaky he got hit b4 have a previous feat for that

the picture shows ozai isnt moving hes not stuck but he just coming out of form out of the form.

redirected is faster the fact that he was still in form is further proof he wasnt about to shoot another one there he was coming out of form redirected>regular lightning. its solid.

and he didnt move till all the lightning went away,ozai was a deadman if aang had an ounce of bloodlust.

alphaeyght2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When i watch the battle again, i saw Korra using continuous AS for short amount of time. I noticed that an avatar using this state to boost their bending power to the max during the state. In this case, Korra started to used it while approaching the giant mech. I think it's obvious why, to increased the speed of her air sprout, because that spirit beam sure was very fast. We can see that Korra stopped using it while she was about to turn away. The difference between the continuous AS and the not is that the avatars using the not to accomplish the bending they're about to do, like when Korra vs Unalaq, Korra's eyes glowed for a second before she attacks Unalaq with wind slash while they both using water and air sprout. I also noticed that Korra used her 'might' when she lifted those boulders, we could heard her voice... There's no proof that when an avatar's eyes stopped glowing after using continuous avatar state, their bending power is as the same as while using it.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#587 Arcus1  Online

@arv993: under different circumstances where he couldn't fly, at much closer range where he would have had less time to dodge, and against a better firebender

So...what...because he's coming "out of form" he can't move?

Ozai didn't need to move because Aang didn't shoot the lightning at him

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#588  Edited By GXrevolution96

@arv993 said:

the size is smaller and the rocks she picked up in AS boost were thicker the range is much further a little more than twice the distance.

I already explained it to you. The brief AS only amps bending momentarily. Korra was clearly not in the AS when she launched those boulders.

As you can see, she is in the AS, which boosts the speed of her air spout

No Caption Provided

In this still, her eyes are no longer glowing, but the amp is still in effect.

When Korra comes off, the amp and she no longer in the AS. Remember, the amp was only ti increase her air spout speed, which she no longer needed anymore. The amp is now gone at this point since the it only lasts momentarily.

No Caption Provided

As you see in the stills below, she is not in the AS

No Caption Provided

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#589  Edited By GXrevolution96

@alphaeyght2 said:

When i watch the battle again, i saw Korra using continuous AS for short amount of time. I noticed that an avatar using this state to boost their bending power to the max during the state. In this case, Korra started to used it while approaching the giant mech. I think it's obvious why, to increased the speed of her air sprout, because that spirit beam sure was very fast. We can see that Korra stopped using it while she was about to turn away. The difference between the continuous AS and the not is that the avatars using the not to accomplish the bending they're about to do, like when Korra vs Unalaq, Korra's eyes glowed for a second before she attacks Unalaq with wind slash while they both using water and air sprout. I also noticed that Korra used her 'might' when she lifted those boulders, we could heard her voice... There's no proof that when an avatar's eyes stopped glowing after using continuous avatar state, their bending power is as the same as while using it.

I agree with what you said, and is what I have been trying to argue. I just want to point out that Korra never used the continuous AS in the fight against the mech. The only time the continuous was used in the entire finale was when she deflected the spirit energy beam before created the portal

alphaeyght2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96: Yeah, what i meant was that she didn't use those avatar states that only lasted for one sec. And i agree she did used it just to boosts her air sprout's speed.

TheGreatUniter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#591  Edited By TheGreatUniter

I think this is a prime example of the non-continous AS aka momentary amp.

No Caption Provided

Korra quick glow only amps her bending for this one particular move.

LokLegends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#592  Edited By LokLegends

I am starting to think that the AS was just for show and was merely added just for the sake of doing it. Think about it. Korra did not demonstrate any feats in the AS that she could not already perform, under her own power. It did not seem to boost her bending at all. For example, these two air blasts

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Korra's non AS is air blast is notably more effective than her AS amped one.

Another example was when she ran from the spirit beam. The AS did not seem to have amped her bending at all. She was already riding the air spout when she went into it(which confirms that its a move she can do without the AS), and comes out of it a second later, and then performs jet propul

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#593  Edited By arv993

@gxrevolution96: SH had it for multiple seconds and it boosted all her bending abilities. Why wouldd they make her do feats right around that time fram. unlike aang she used it for more than a flash it was an extended AS flash she used. aang used one for a split second and he did that move, kyoshi did the same thing, korra had it longer and did better than usual feats, its AS boosted.

Going by your logic roku and especially kyoshi is a god

all around the fight she kept having flashes and had her best moves came from it. flashes give you power for than a second look at kyoshi and korra used it for seconds. that means all the feats near that period are all boosted. she was airbending faster than b4 used jets better than b4 and pickked up rocks while at it, its an example of AS boosting. kyoshi did the same thing.

@arcus:

keep ignoring he came out of form and he didnt dodge and a previous feat, yup that totally makes sense.

i'm done here believe what you want its only a show and i have been arguing for a day on this.

@loklegends:

that whole airbending scene is AS boosted, a flash gives you power for a good while(not minutes ofc)

why would they do it for fun, its there for a reason that she kept using flashes it boosted her powers and the second blast came right after the first one meaning it was in the time period of AS powerup.

It makes no sense if both her powers are equal in AS or non-AS absolutely sounds ridiculous, by looking at older examples it makes sense that she has powers boosted for like half a minute or slightly more.

Kyoshi seperated an island with a flash did multiple elements but on much grander scale. aang used a flash to control an ocean and clean forest fires and then push it all back.

The fact that she has multiple flashes means the feats near that timeframe is AS boosted.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#594  Edited By GXrevolution96

@arv993 said:

@gxrevolution96: SH had it for multiple seconds and it boosted all her bending abilities. Why wouldd they make her do feats right around that time fram. unlike aang she used it for more than a flash it was an extended AS flash she used. aang used one for a split second and he did that move, kyoshi did the same thing, korra had it longer and did better than usual feats, its AS boosted.

Korra did not use it more than a flash. Korra was not using the extended flash at all. You can clearly see it in the pictures I posted. She flashes when she increases her air spout speed and that it. The amp is only brief.

Erm…What? Could you elaborate?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#595 Arcus1  Online

@arv993: I'm not ignoring anything, you're the one who's ignoring any possibility that Ozai could have dodged

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#596  Edited By arv993

@gxrevolution96: its not a split second flash we can see her glowing for more than a second and later she took it off but for that brief amount of time she had AS boosted powers. SHe had it longer than aang did which is the point she was looking at the mech with her eyes glowing for more than a secon

Kyoshi used one AS flash then made an island she was able to use incredible air and earth bending for an extended time, aangs move was a flash for less than a second and he could control the sea for one big move which cleared forest fires, korra did the same but combined it with multiple elements it all happened in the time frame of the AS flash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmWepWNwPZ0

from 21 to 26 she had a flash lot longer than aang, she even made a hand motion to go in it and was showing her eyes in AS and at 26 u see it again. so from there on she has AS boosted powers for a short time where she did all her feats

@arcus:

i can copy and paste what i said b4 but its gonna the same way im not gonna agree and neither are u so whats the point.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#597  Edited By GXrevolution96

@arv993 said:

@gxrevolution96: its not a split second flash we can see her glowing for more than a second and later she took it off but for that brief amount of time she had AS boosted powers.

Exactly. "that brief moment". She flashed for couple of seconds, which amped her and allowed her air spout to go faster. Thats it. The amp does not last that long after the glow. When Korra flies around rthe street corner, her eyes are no longer glowing.

I dont know why it is hard for you to believe that her later bending moves are not under her own power when she shown to be capable of summoning 20 story waves with ease.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#598 Arcus1  Online

@arv993: just pointing out that you're the one ignoring things, not me

Aang's flash when he put out the fires lasted longer than a second

arv993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#599  Edited By arv993

@gxrevolution96: look at the edit in the video she had it for seconds the pictures are momentary but in the video you see her having it for seconds a long time. WHich is a lot longer than aang and in the same time frame she performs all the feats in that time limit

when i say brief amount of time i mean the little amount of time after it maybe 10-15 seconds maybe more depending on the flash. she did all that immediately after a decently long flash.

shes great at water, fire and earth she is ok and air she is good but not great.

@arcus:

haha ok sure whatever floats your boat

barely a second and a half, korra had it from the time b4 the thing shoots the laser and again shows u a flash when she is using the sprout which is 5 seconds. a lot longer and she used smaller moves unlike aang's big moves tahts the difference

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#600 Arcus1  Online

@arv993 said:

@gxrevolution96: look at the edit in the video she had it for seconds the pictures are momentary but in the video you see her having it for seconds a long time. WHich is a lot longer than aang and in the same time frame she performs all the feats in that time limit

when i say brief amount of time i mean the little amount of time after it maybe 10-15 seconds maybe more depending on the flash. she did all that immediately after a decently long flash.

@arcus:

haha ok sure whatever floats your boat

barely a second and a half, korra had it from the time b4 the thing shoots the laser and again shows u a flash when she is using the sprout which is 5 seconds. a lot longer and she used smaller moves unlike aang's big moves tahts the difference

I'm not ignoring the possibility that Aang could have hit Ozai. You're ignoring the possibility that Ozai could have dodged

Where was it ever said that the length the amp lasts after the flash is related to the length of the flash?