Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arcus1
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In this battle, the Last Airbender will take on the Dragon of the West. Who will win?

Fight takes place in the Spirit World where Wan fought Vaatu. Time is mid-afternoon. Starting distance is 25 feet

No Avatar State

Round 1:

Aang has airbending only

Both are in character but determined to win

Round 2:

Aang has air and earth

Both are in character

Round 3:

Aang has all elements

Both are in character

Bonus Stage:

The same three rounds as above, except that Iroh and Aang are morals off

Can the Dragon of the West triumph, or will the Avatar prevail?

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

Aang all rounds. Iroh hasn't done much with firebending to suggest he's anymore powerful than Zuko by Season 3 other than lightning of course. Skilled sure..but raw power-wise he's nothing special.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rogueshadow  Moderator

Loses all of them morals on, he ain't winning this without killing Iroh, and he won't kill Iroh.

With morals off Aang can win all 3 in tough fights. Aang's raw airbending power is more powerful than anybody out of the Avatar State or Sozin's Comet. The guy blew back a volcano with his breath. Only Iroh's wall busting and Ozai's fireblast come to mind when I think of comparable feats.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang all rounds. Iroh hasn't done much with firebending to suggest he's anymore powerful than Zuko by Season 3 other than lightning of course. Skilled sure..but raw power-wise he's nothing special.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks said:

Agreed, if both combatants are willing to kill or KO the other.

Signed,

L. D.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loses all of them morals on, he ain't winning this without killing Iroh, and he won't kill Iroh.

With morals off Aang can win all 3 in tough fights. Aang's raw airbending power is more powerful than anybody out of the Avatar State or Sozin's Comet. The guy blew back a volcano with his breath. Only Iroh's wall busting and Ozai's fireblast come to mind when I think of comparable feats.

You make it sound like he contained a volcanic eruption, he just blew back some of the lava, still impressive though

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aangs got movement but Iroh's got power.

R1 & 2 Aang goes down fighting. I'm mostly sighting Azula's breaking through his earth defenses and using the assumption that Iroh is at bear minimum as strong as she is bending wise (since it looks like this is going to be an argument of feats). He's strong enough to do some damage and defend against most attacks and will make Aang come to him since Iroh's not gonna try an chase him down. Then we've got Aang close up with

R3 - Aang. Non bloodlusted Iroh takes out one of the few moves we know he has out of his arsenal and Aang can supplement his Earth and Air with a little water to even the score and dig out a tough win.

Bonus. Iroh. Kill shot lightning and a tactical mind while Aang still has to rely on Earth and Air for his best shots.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@arcus said:

@rogueshadow said:

You make it sound like he contained a volcanic eruption, he just blew back some of the lava, still impressive though

You're downplaying that feat. He blew back a monstrous, sh*t ton of lava:

No Caption Provided

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@rogueshadow said:

You're downplaying that feat. He blew back a monstrous, sh*t ton of lava:

No Caption Provided

oh I agree, just clarifying that that's not the whole volcano

@koays said:

Aangs got movement but Iroh's got power.

R1 & 2 Aang goes down fighting. I'm mostly sighting Azula's breaking through his earth defenses and using the assumption that Iroh is at bear minimum as strong as she is bending wise (since it looks like this is going to be an argument of feats). He's strong enough to do some damage and defend against most attacks and will make Aang come to him since Iroh's not gonna try an chase him down. Then we've got Aang close up with

R3 - Aang. Non bloodlusted Iroh takes out one of the few moves we know he has out of his arsenal and Aang can supplement his Earth and Air with a little water to even the score and dig out a tough win.

Bonus. Iroh. Kill shot lightning and a tactical mind while Aang still has to rely on Earth and Air for his best shots.

Aang can dodge lightning and has lightning redirection

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rogueshadow  Moderator

@arcus: He blew back all of the lava that was coming at him from the eruption, I don't think I was remiss in saying Volcano.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: He blew back all of the lava that was coming at him from the eruption, I don't think I was remiss in saying Volcano.

imo, blowing back the volcano implies that he stopped an eruption (like Roku did/tried to do)

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iroh.

Aang.

Aang.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Iroh round 1 only.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rogueshadow  Moderator

@arcus said:

@rogueshadow said:

imo, blowing back the volcano implies that he stopped an eruption (like Roku did/tried to do)

He didn't stop it at its root, but he stopped all the erupting lava that came at him, after that the Volcano just became dormant. No I didn't mean to imply he stopped it from erupting altogether. Roku's volcano was an entirely different beast, that thing was still spewing a century later.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RBT

Going with Aang. Better reflexes, faster and overall more powerful.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: If aang is determined to win then he can win. But if he doesn't bring his A-game then Iroh will find a way to beat him.

Round 2: Aangs pacifist ways are always his downfall. Iroh aka THE MAN wins

Round 3: See round 2

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Arcus1

@pooty said:

Round 1: If aang is determined to win then he can win. But if he doesn't bring his A-game then Iroh will find a way to beat him.

so he wins with just air but loses with air/earth and all his elements?

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@pooty said:

so he wins with just air but loses with air/earth and all his elements?

the elements he uses doesn't matter IMO. it's his ATTITUDE that matters. If Aang was determined to win in all rounds then he would win all rounds

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: ok, gotcha. What about the morals off bonus stage?

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@pooty: ok, gotcha. What about the morals off bonus stage?

Umm, didn't I kinda answer this with my last post when I said

"If Aang was determined to win in all rounds then he would win all rounds"

lol (:

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

iroh rounds 1 and 2. aang round 3 and bonus

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang verrrrrry slightly

Aang slightly

Aang

Aang

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

For a man of iroh's age he is very fast, agile and has endurance and durability.

Iroh.

Iroh.

Aang.

Aang.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Aang all rounds.

He has extreme speed and agility, and his raw power edges out iroh's by a lot. Morals on, the closest round he has is 1, because there he'll have to KO iroh, and he doesn't hit that hard in character. But with round 2 and 3, he can easily incap with earth.

iroh rounds 1 and 2

how? No way aang's airbending loses to iroh. He has better in just about everything but experience.

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1 i would argue that iroh is even the better fighter. he managed to break himself out of prison without the use of firebending, he almost conquered ba sing se (which he would have done if his son didnt die), and kicks the crap out of fire nation soldiers on a regular basis with only 1 element.

he could easily overpower aang with his firebending, especially in round 1. his destructive potential is through the roof, and his speed/reaction time could easily keep up with aang (seeing how he is the only character in avatar to react to natural lightning)

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks said:

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: Iroh

R2: Aang

R3: Aang

Bonus Round: Aang

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1 - could go either way but I think Aang would likely win.

R2 - Same as round 1

R3 - Aang

Bonus - Aang for a majority

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks said:

Agreed, if both combatants are willing to kill or KO the other.

Signed,

L. D.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

Not seeing how Iroh is taking any rounds. His firebending is nothing special from what we've seen, and raw power wise he's hopelessly outclassed by Aang. The only advantages he has are strength and intelligence..neither of which should make a difference.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightofzero:

i would argue that iroh is even the better fighter. he managed to break himself out of prison without the use of firebending, he almost conquered ba sing se (which he would have done if his son didnt die), and kicks the crap out of fire nation soldiers on a regular basis with only 1 element.

I don't see how iroh is a better fighter at all:

1. Broke out of prison when firebenders didn't have their bending.

2. I'm not sure how 'almost' conquering ba sing se shows his individual fighting skill. He had an army backing him, and by that logic azula actually did conquer it.

3. Taking out fire nation soldiers with one element? Aang did it pretty well in the first time. Book 1 zuko was doing it without any fire, and he is nowhere as good as aang.

he could easily overpower aang with his firebending, especially in round 1. his destructive potential is through the roof

I don't see how he could possibly overpower aang with his firebending. Aang's airbending feats are already as good as his sozin's comet bending:

aang vs volcano

or this:

aang kicks fireball

I feel like you're forgetting what a powerful airbender that kid is.

Aang was easily neutralizing ozai's comet amped blasts with air. Iroh didn't show enough output to overpower aang's airbending - that's assuming aang tries to engage him head on.

and his speed/reaction time could easily keep up with aang (seeing how he is the only character in avatar to react to natural lightning)

Lightening in avatarverse is an extension of fire. If he's capable of reacting to real-world lightening, he'd be massively hypersonic, which is definitely not true. Aang is faster than he is, has much better reactions than him, is more mobile and has better skill showings. We could post point by point, but it seems you already know you atla well.

I don't see any reason iroh could win this at all though.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: Well to be fair, Iroh DID react to natural lightning; although this is an outlier like Roshi moon busting or Wolverine tanking a punch from the Hulk.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams: Never said he didn't. I'm saying lightening in avatarverse is an extension of fire, unlike real world. We don't know how fast it is.

Batking200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If iron is as strong as his brother, which was hinted, he would win all rounds

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By KnightOfZero

@princearagorn1

lets take a look at good old iroh:

No Caption Provided

that is a lot of raw power for one man to generate

also, here is proof that iroh reacted to natural lightning. not firebender lightning. actual, natural lightning.

No Caption Provided

and as for iroh not being a good fighter:

first, you can see his skill without using firebending.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

now you see that he effortlessly walks through an entire squadron of elite fire nation soldiers.

No Caption Provided

for when he broke out of prison, he also had no firebending. he used his own strength/skill to break through his cell, a brick wall, and walk through fire nation soldiers. pretty good in my opinion

for my comment on how he almost conquered ba sing se, that was meant to show 2 things, his skill at planning attacks, and his ability as a soldier. That city was virtually un-takable, even azula had to resort to espionage to take it down (and even then, her giant ass drill wasnt able to seal the deal in taking down the earth kingdom capital). iroh would have been able to do it. he had broken through the wall and he could have conquered the city, but when his son died in the fight, he lost his will to keep going and ordered a retreat. if it wasnt for that, he would have taken over the city.

lastly, everyone agreed (including the very powerful and experienced white lotus) that if aang failed to defeat the firelord, then the only one who could do it was iroh. This implies that they are about equal in power. do you really thing that aang with only air bending could defeat the firelord on his own?

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang all rounds

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightofzero:

lets take a look at good old iroh:

I'm not entirely sure how that's as good as what was posted earlier.

also, here is proof that iroh reacted to natural lightning. not firebender lightning. actual, natural lightning.

I didn't say he didn't - what I said was, we don't know how fast the lightening in avatarverse is - if it's as fast as real world lightening, he has massively combat speed, which is impossible.

first, you can see his skill without using firebending. now you see that he effortlessly walks through an entire squadron of elite fire nation soldiers.

Since both of them have their bending here:

I'll post some overlooked feats for aang:

Shows his speed and skill:

Loading Video...

Or here, I'd say it's a lot more impressive/effortless than iroh, and it's a lot more soldiers.

Loading Video...

He's not just good at fighting, he is extremely fast, and clever with it:

Loading Video...

for when he broke out of prison, he also had no firebending. he used his own strength/skill to break through his cell, a brick wall, and walk through fire nation soldiers. pretty good in my opinion

I do know that it's good. But fire nation soldiers hardly have any showings without their bending, while iroh is clearly trained in that regard. I don't recall iroh ever keeping up with these kind of movements:

Loading Video...

for my comment on how he almost conquered ba sing se, that was meant to show 2 things, his skill at planning attacks, and his ability as a soldier. That city was virtually un-takable, even azula had to resort to espionage to take it down (and even then, her giant ass drill wasnt able to seal the deal in taking down the earth kingdom capital). iroh would have been able to do it. he had broken through the wall and he could have conquered the city, but when his son died in the fight, he lost his will to keep going and ordered a retreat. if it wasnt for that, he would have taken over the city.

The giant drill had pretty much sealed the deal, if it wasn't for team avatar - they had already taken down the forces outside the wall, and nearly drilled the wall.

lastly, everyone agreed (including the very powerful and experienced white lotus) that if aang failed to defeat the firelord, then the only one who could do it was iroh. This implies that they are about equal in power. do you really thing that aang with only air bending could defeat the firelord on his own?

Actually, iroh himself wasn't sure he could defeat the firelord. He stated so when zuko said he could beat ozai. And their fight was pretty close till the lightening redirection. Aang's feats with air seem to be more than enough to take down iroh to me.

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marty2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll give all three rounds to Aang - but with a big caveat. We've never actually seen Iroh go all out in a fight. Even in regular fights, he hardly ever uses fire-bending. He was able to KO Azula in 2 moves flat - but that could be attributed to the element of surprise.

However, it was established in Korra that old master, no matter how powerful, can't sustain combat for long periods. Age catches up to them. So it should be possible for Aang to keep running in circles around him until Iroh tires out.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only round I see Iroh winning is R1, the others are Aang's

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iroh wins round 1 and 2, round 3 goes either way.

Round 4 is a stalemate as well.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

Aang all rounds with the first one being difficult.

lmao, it's funny that people think Iroh has a chance...EoS Aang is nearly even with Comet Ozai, and people think normal Iroh can keep up. Airbending Aang alone is enough.

Kwabena_nana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iroh all rounds with ease.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As far as i'm aware, Iroh hasn't shown the speed or agility needed to keep up with Aang.

The Avatar wins all rounds.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By vengefulshot

@thedarkpaladin said:

As far as i'm aware, Iroh hasn't shown the speed or agility needed to keep up with Aang.

The Avatar wins all rounds.

This, round 1 is close though.

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang all rounds easily by feats. Wins mid-high dif (at most) all rounds if we count Iroh's hype.