Aang VS Gaara

• 91 results
hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Any genin equal (or above) haku is way too fast for aang to handle. What purpose is that, exactly? Mismatch doesn't serve many.

The world may never know.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatemalingsia:

That's so out of context and wrong. This is Chunin-exam Lee and that's post time-skip.

Really? To quote you: "Wrong. Lee never fought Haku."

I already mentioned this in my post. Also can you show me scan of him "fighting on par" with his "sound speed moves"? He was either winning with the lotus or trashed after that.

He was fighting with dosu before releasing the lotus. The whole tree root sequence. Plus, even with a wounded body, he managed to intercept dosu's moves.

Already mentioned it in my previous post. Already mentioned it.

Where?

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@hatemalingsia said:

@princearagorn1 said:

Any genin equal (or above) haku is way too fast for aang to handle. What purpose is that, exactly? Mismatch doesn't serve many.

...what? You made the thread, knowing it was a mismatch, said it served it's purpose and now you're saying "The world may never know"?

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

MudaMudaMuda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatemalingsia:

Yes. That's so out of context and wrong. This is Chunin-exam Lee and that's post time-skip. Chunin-exam Lee never fought Haku. Either you deliberately ignored the comments before or trying to pull the tiniest strings to take that "Lee" way out of its original context.

He was fighting with dosu before releasing the lotus. The whole tree root sequence.

Already mentioned it in my previous post. Already mentioned it.

Plus, even with a wounded body, he managed to intercept dosu's moves.

You mentioned this first, though.

Where?

Read my post after you mentioned the lotus thing.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatemalingsia said:

@princearagorn1 said:

...what? You made the thread, knowing it was a mismatch, said it served it's purpose and now you're saying "The world may never know"?

You want to know?

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Gaara, I don't know why people are so adamant on focusing on Gaara vs. Lee, where Gaara keeping Kimimori at bay is a far better testament to his speed.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1 said:

@hatemalingsia:

Yes. That's wrong.

Exactly.

@princearagorn1: He is trolling lol

Clearly.

@princearagorn1 said:

@hatemalingsia said:

@princearagorn1 said:

You want to know?

Nope..

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatemalingsia:

Doesn't look like you are understanding though.

If you think so. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Once again : I'm asking you why you were even talking about Lee's speed being supersonic as if it is of relevance.

Did I? The only time I mentioned it in the same sentence with Aang was when I asked you what's the relevance. Unless you were referring to other person who mentioned it first and started this all.

Why would I complain ? Like i said I was advising you against making mismatches for the fun because that could get you flag banned. Apparently you somehow misunderstood that since you got all defensive.

So to put this in a line: I was replying to your comment about being flag banned and you think I got all defensive because I answered you, yet you didn't expect me to answer you back? Like I said, just remember you are here by your own accord.

Oh ? I'm not the one saying that you either like the thread or GTFO lol

So now you are getting all defensive.

And I like how you only answered to the off topic parts. I guess this means everything else has been dealt with ?

I guess. Less time consuming, more entertaining.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatemalingsia said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@hatemalingsia:

Yes. That's wrong.

Exactly.

Lol. Not going to bring up the out of context Lee anymore?

@mudamudamuda said:

@princearagorn1: He is trolling lol

Clearly.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@hatemalingsia said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@hatemalingsia said:

@princearagorn1 said:

You want to know?

Nope..

Thought so.

MudaMudaMuda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mudamudamuda said:

@hatemalingsia:

And I like how you only answered to the off topic parts. I guess this means everything else has been dealt with ?

No Caption Provided

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatemalingsia said:

@mudamudamuda said:

@hatemalingsia:

No Caption Provided

Congrats for keeping me company for this long. Fulfilled its purpose indeed.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By hatemalingsia

Ok guys. Got to go. Thanks for the company. No hard feelings. I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did.

someoneisone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MudaMudaMuda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mudamudamuda: I'm not saying Aang wins, I don't know enough about Gaara to determin, but in post #25 you said explosions move at hypersonic speeds. If that's true, then Aang has hypersonic reactions, considering this happened; http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11120/111208964/4410523-2672519133-Aang_.gif

MudaMudaMuda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell said:

@mudamudamuda: I'm not saying Aang wins, I don't know enough about Gaara to determin, but in post #25 you said explosions move at hypersonic speeds. If that's true, then Aang has hypersonic reactions, considering this happened; http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11120/111208964/4410523-2672519133-Aang_.gif

Interesting, but no quite accurate. The hypersonic part of an explosion is that blast itself. In that gif Aang was reacting to the projectile before the blast occurred. Still interesting nonetheless.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@joewell said:

Only problem is, if it was a combustion man's explosions are legit hypersonic, then for aang everything else - arrows, for example, would be moving extreme slow motion. We haven't seen him fight at high tier street level speeds yet...

someoneisone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell said:

Only problem is, if it was a combustion man's explosions are legit hypersonic, then for aang everything else - arrows, for example, would be moving extreme slow motion.

Are you seriously using this as an arguement? It fails on so many levels because it isn't just Avatar, it's basically every manga.

Itachi is calc'd to be around mach 300+. Yet the kunai he dodges without the sharingan don't move in "Slow motion" and kunai would literally be impossible to hit him which obivously isnt the case as he dodges it anyway.

Now don't use this arguement again as it's basically conceding to below mach 1 manga.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@someoneisone said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@joewell said:

Only problem is, if it was a combustion man's explosions are legit hypersonic, then for aang everything else - arrows, for example, would be moving extreme slow motion.

Are you seriously using this as an arguement? It fails on so many levels because it isn't just Avatar, it's basically every manga.

Avatar isn't a manga, but go on.

Itachi is calc'd to be around mach 300+. Yet the kunai he dodges without the sharingan don't move in "Slow motion" and kunai would literally be impossible to hit him which obivously isnt the case as he dodges it anyway.

Why? Kunai can travel from any speed depending on who is throwing it. This isn't something like arrows and bullets that need to have a fixed speed. Batman throwing kunai - peak human. Superman throwing kunai - ftl.

Now don't use this arguement again as it's basically conceding to below mach 1 manga.

Eh, no worries there. Manga, comics, animation.. about every source has explicitly stated speeds many times. even genins actually perceive things in slow motion, so that's a pretty poor counter-argument.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mudamudamuda: Aang didn't airbend until the explosion was already starting to happen.

MudaMudaMuda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell said:

@mudamudamuda: Aang didn't airbend until the explosion was already starting to happen.

I've watched the gif several times and it seems to me like Aang started his air bending motion when the projectile was fired. Only due to his speed the actual air bending was delayed till the blast started.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mudamudamuda: He started the motion itself after the projectile was fired and it was directly infront of him. Then the air blocked it as it was exploding.

MudaMudaMuda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: Hmmm, that isn't really a reaction speed feat for Aang but it could suggest that his wind barriers can form at super/hypersonic speeds. A little bit of research will be needed since this could result in inconsistencies.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mudamudamuda: How not? He reacted to a supersonic explosion.

And has Aang ever been tagged by slower things? I mean, he probably has, but I can't remember a time.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gaara, I don't know why people are so adamant on focusing on Gaara vs. Lee, where Gaara keeping Kimimori at bay is a far better testament to his speed.

To be fair, Kimimaro would've killed Gaara if he wasn't already dying.

MudaMudaMuda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell:

How not? He reacted to a supersonic explosion.

No he did not. What Aang reacted to was the projectile not the blast itself. It's similar to how people react to lasers via aim-dodging. Claiming that Aang is supersonic in reactions due to this feat is like claiming the same for Shikamaru because of this :

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Shikamaru obviously reacted the the explosive Kunai and dodged the explosion. The same thing Aang did except he created a wind barrier.

And has Aang ever been tagged by slower things? I mean, he probably has, but I can't remember a time.

Has was tagged by several elemental attacks before, non of which have quantifiable speed feats putting them as sonic speeds. And t be fair the mere fact that arrows are considered a legit weapon in Avatar verse is pretty much self-explanatory.

BTW It's about time for me to log off. We can continue this tomorrow if you don't mind.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mudamudamuda: Fair enough. I just thought it was worth bringing up. But looking back on it, you're right, he did react to the projectile. Still pretty impressive feat though, especially by Avatarverse terms.

someoneisone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@someoneisone said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@joewell said:

Avatar isn't a manga, but go on.

Why? Kunai can travel from any speed depending on who is throwing it. This isn't something like arrows and bullets that need to have a fixed speed. Batman throwing kunai - peak human. Superman throwing kunai - ftl.

Eh, no worries there. Manga, comics, animation.. about every source has explicitly stated speeds many times. even genins actually perceive things in slow motion, so that's a pretty poor counter-argument.

Then thats my arguement. Arrows can travel from any speed depending on the bow/user. Fixed speed? Dude. Those "MHS" thrown kunai (which btw is a baseless claim) can barely dent trees that it lands on. Hell My's Kunai pierce trees better than "Superhuman" thrown kunai.

Your arguement is "They aren't this speed because they failed to react to slower things" and it's bad because it's universal.

For example from your logic, i can easily claim goku isn't even mach one because they had to "try" and failed to dodge chichi's weak attacks.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@someoneisone:

Then thats my arguement. Arrows can travel from any speed depending on the bow/user. Fixed speed? Dude.

What? Given a regular bow, superman using it and regular human using it will give get the same max speed without breaking the bow. However, if superman throws that arrow beside an average human, results are vastly different.

Those "MHS" thrown kunai (which btw is a baseless claim) can barely dent trees that it lands on.

Baseless? Since it is thrown by massively hypersonic characters against characters in the same speed range, it is MHS.

Hell My's Kunai pierce trees better than "Superhuman" thrown kunai.

Sure, why not.

Your arguement is "They aren't this speed because they failed to react to slower things" and it's bad because it's universal.

For example from your logic, i can easily claim goku isn't even mach one because they had to "try" and failed to dodge chichi's weak attacks.

Beginner mistake. You're confusing PIS instance as a legit fight scene. Aang is consistently slower than many peak humans. Combustion man's bending doesn't have a specified speed, it can be in any range, so it fits with aang's own range.

someoneisone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By someoneisone

lol ignore my post about the kunai(those mhs kunai have the exact same feats as a peak human character's kunai)

which probably means something along the lines of not mhs kunai

But goku didnt see it in slow motion like you said! Hes below mach 1 hur dur

Theres you answer right there, those showings your trying to make a big deal of outta aang are pis. You cant honestly believe thats his true speed.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would assume Aang wins, he's so much more versatile and can cancel out a lot of Gaara's sand attacks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: Aang can go past his defenses, their prolly at the same speed, aang might be able to blitz with his speed. Have you seen aang's speed? Aang can also be fine in space too, could the same be said about Gaara?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: Prepare to be wrong,

can grab Gaara and blow him up like this.

Aang's personal dummy.

Aang is so good he can bounce on air, try being that quick Mr. Gaara! XD

aang bounces

Goes into space, and comes back not even hurt, on top of that eats clouds oh and i forgot he can create air bubbles in space to do whatever he wants as well even though theres no air in space.

aang flying.

All in all aang stomps!!!!!!

XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: LOL dude how can u take these arguments serious leo lol. XD

Avatar image for deactivated-600f199354a16