Aang Vs Edward Elric Vs Crystal Vs Storm

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sceonn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sceonn

Just off my mind.   
They have info on each other and prep for 5 minutes.
Use of imagination on the potential of their perspective abilities is OK so no blind focus on just feats alone as some characters have never been in a situation where they might have needed to do the feats other characters did. 

FemmeFatale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By FemmeFatale

Storm Wins

sceonn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sceonn

I'm going with Ed on this, To me his powers are the most useful and dangerous considering he can transmute anything organic or not so he can basically make any weapon.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@sceonn: What is the starting distance? location? morals on/off?
alcoholbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By alcoholbob

Shounen hero will come up with something.

sceonn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sceonn
@THUNDERBOLT30:  They have an entire island to themselves with the population having been evacuated, they stand at least a hundred feet  form each other with knowledge of each other's positions.  Morals are off!
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@sceonn: Thanks. This could be interesting. I have not watched Full metal Alchemist in years. When you mentioned that Edward can change organic, does he have to have physical contact?
sceonn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sceonn

Yes but he can actually disassemble everything down to atoms or reassemble into anything from atoms i think... that gives him an edge where physical attacks are concern in my opinion.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Thanks. Ed's ability to create metal weapons could make him more dangerous if he can get upclose but I think he will have hard time being able to get close to any of these elementals who can all fly and can deflect his projectiles with air and/or earth (for Aang and Crystal), and his metal creations can be destroyed by lightning, air, fire or earth (or shattered with water and temperature manipulation). Aang and Crystal could open up the earth and BFR him that way or Storm could BFR him via her winds. I think a morals off Aang (I am assuming his avatar state is available) would beat Crystal, and that he and Storm would be the last one's to battle, and I think Storm would beat him.

sceonn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sceonn

But i'm looking at it from a technological point of view, Aang and storm are truly powerful but can they actually block any kind of projectile? Ed has fought against chimeras capable of anything mutans can like regenerating when every cell in they're body has been destroyed or changing the composition of their bodies. To me the only thing holding Ed back is his limited WWII era like scientific knowledge because if you think about if he would have the longest range and greatest destructive capability of them all if he could learn more but that is sadly not the case. I don't think either storm or Aang can stop high explosive armor piercing titanium shells fired from tanks or such.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

I don't see why they would have a problem countering explosive tank rounds. Storm's winds and lightning have easily taken out missiles and countered energy. I don't think either counter any type of projectile, but most physical ones can be stopped by air or by earth. And I don't think that Ed would have the longest range or the most destructive power. Storm and Aang would IMO. I think Ed is definitely a threat to a degree, but these elementals have too many ways of countering and beating him here. What can Ed do to keep himself from being BFR'd via earth or wind? Plus, if he only changes parts of his body to metal and gets hit by a lightning bolt, the metal on his body will further conduct the lightning and fry him.

sceonn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sceonn
@THUNDERBOLT30: As i said Ed can change the composition of things so he could do that to his leg(only automail on him) or just make some material to wear against it. Also alchemy allows control of the elements as well earth being the most basic so its not like it'd be new to him not to mention he knows about them and has prep time not forgetting he's a genius when it comes to chemistry and physics. Can win slice through any material? No, None of the others can really manipulate matter on his level that's why i think he has the highest chance of getting through this. Since it's a battle royal there won't be ganging ups on a single individual so at most only two people gets to fight twice so he won't be taking on Aang and Storm together.
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By isaac_clarke

Storm, Ed isn't going to be able to stop a lightning bolt from frying him.

sceonn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sceonn
@isaac_clarke: Lightning is matter!
TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By TheCerealKillz

No Anime vs Comic battles allowed.

Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Sissel
@TheCerealKillz said:
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think this battle is good. But, yeah, rules are rules.
sceonn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sceonn
@TheCerealKillz: why? aren't they all cartoons?
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By TheGoldenOne
Storm.
Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By GrandSymbiote94
@sceonn said:

-___-
PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By PikminMania
@Sissel
@sceonn: 
Storm stomps Aang, Storm defeats Crystal, and Ed won't be able to do a whole lot to Storm so she beats him as well.

I don't know why you think this battle is so good sissell
Fehafare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Fehafare

I bump in before locked, Ed is the weakest here, Storm is strongest, Storm wins.
sceonn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By sceonn

I don't really see why storm is the strongest here anyone of the other three has more to offer than her as i see it though she could overpower Ed and Crystal. She only has power over wind and makes both rain and lightning through clouds or use the same principle through her hands so i don't see how she could overpower Aang at all who can not only control all four elements on grand scale but their composite materials as well not to mention that he can attack with the four elements simultaneously. Can she fend that off with just wind and lightning? both of which he can use given the fact that he has knowledge of past fire bender avatars as well? I'm sure he could use lightning if he wanted to but can always just redirect, something storm cannot counter unless probably with more lightning to cancel it out. Storm can make shield of wind to temporarily shield herself from incoming attacks unlike Aang who can keep all four around him simultaneously for both shielding and attack. 
I am hung up on Ed purely due to his technological edge and his smarts. Wind cannot slice through everything neither is lightning invincible and he know what they are capable of and has prep time. High up metal alone can attract lightning so why would it be a problem to Ed? 
Seriously i rank them as such 
Aang: most powerful but too nice and not much to control composite elements. 
Storm: Mastery over her power 
Crystal: Accomplished 
Ed: Limited WWII era scientific knowledge otherwise would be most powerful without having to fight directly.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jashro44
@sceonn said:
Anime vs comic battles usually lead to flame wars.
Grim_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Grim_Hunter
@sceonn said:
I don't really see why storm is the strongest here anyone of the other three has more to offer than her as i see it though she could overpower Ed and Crystal. She only has power over wind and makes both rain and lightning through clouds or use the same principle through her hands so i don't see how she could overpower Aang at all who can not only control all four elements on grand scale but their composite materials as well not to mention that he can attack with the four elements simultaneously. Can she fend that off with just wind and lightning? both of which he can use given the fact that he has knowledge of past fire bender avatars as well? I'm sure he could use lightning if he wanted to but can always just redirect, something storm cannot counter unless probably with more lightning to cancel it out. Storm can make shield of wind to temporarily shield herself from incoming attacks unlike Aang who can keep all four around him simultaneously for both shielding and attack. 
I am hung up on Ed purely due to his technological edge and his smarts. Wind cannot slice through everything neither is lightning invincible and he know what they are capable of and has prep time. High up metal alone can attract lightning so why would it be a problem to Ed? 
Seriously i rank them as such 
Aang: most powerful but too nice and not much to control composite elements. 
Storm: Mastery over her power 
Crystal: Accomplished 
Ed: Limited WWII era scientific knowledge otherwise would be most powerful without having to fight directly.
Storm's control over the weather(wind, lightning)  is on a grander scale than anything Aang (or any Avatars) have done.
She has control over the elements (wind, lightning, water) on the molecular and even sub atomic level.
Water-Would be no problem for her.
Fire-Again no problem
-Earth- Not really an issue
-Air- No. 
Yes. 
She can counter it. The only time she gets hurt is if the lightning is supercharged then fired back at her. 
Who said it was temporarily?
She can do the same. Her control over air and lightning would be more than enough.
Her wind can do things to normal objects that are insane. Like putting a piece of stray through an armor plate.
Her lightning can be used in levels that are not something that is natural on Earth.
Storm is one of the best tactical minds the X-men have. So she wouldn't be wasting those five minutes either.
sceonn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By sceonn
@Grim_Hunter said: 

Storm's control over the weather(wind, lightning)  is on a grander scale than anything Aang (or any Avatars) have done. She has control over the elements (wind, lightning, water) on the molecular and even sub atomic level. Water-Would be no problem for her. Fire-Again no problem -Earth- Not really an issue -Air- No.  Yes.  She can counter it. The only time she gets hurt is if the lightning is supercharged then fired back at her.  Who said it was temporarily? She can do the same. Her control over air and lightning would be more than enough. Her wind can do things to normal objects that are insane. Like putting a piece of stray through an armor plate. Her lightning can be used in levels that are not something that is natural on Earth. Storm is one of the best tactical minds the X-men have. So she wouldn't be wasting those five minutes either.

Grander scale doesn't mean more power it just means greater reach which makes sense considering she IS the weather goddess but seriously think about it which Storm are you actually speaking of cause not all storms can do what you're saying. Aang can manipulate all four elements on molecular level even the very materials making them up not just wind/water/lightning which are all things he can control. How would storm actually hurt Aang even? He has way more experience than her at controlling any of the elements she commands maybe say for lightning. 
How is earth not an issue? You have granite, metals, carbon/diamond stc... or Aang's specially compressed boulder rapid fire. A successive attack from any of these concentrated on a specific point will sooner or later breach storms shields. I said her shield is temporary because you don't see it around her around the clock unlike Aangs whose you obviously see swirling at speeds fast enough to grate through the ground itself so he even attacks with it. Controlling elements itself means it is no longer NATURAL on earth, ice doesn't normally  get up and walk on it's own. I am speaking of Avatar Aang here at the end of the show in case you didn't know but why are we even arguing over this? I'm on Ed camp, not Aang!
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@sceonn said:

@Grim_Hunter said: 

Storm's control over the weather(wind, lightning)  is on a grander scale than anything Aang (or any Avatars) have done. She has control over the elements (wind, lightning, water) on the molecular and even sub atomic level. Water-Would be no problem for her. Fire-Again no problem -Earth- Not really an issue -Air- No.  Yes.  She can counter it. The only time she gets hurt is if the lightning is supercharged then fired back at her.  Who said it was temporarily? She can do the same. Her control over air and lightning would be more than enough. Her wind can do things to normal objects that are insane. Like putting a piece of stray through an armor plate. Her lightning can be used in levels that are not something that is natural on Earth. Storm is one of the best tactical minds the X-men have. So she wouldn't be wasting those five minutes either.

Grander scale doesn't mean more power it just means greater reach which makes sense considering she IS the weather goddess but seriously think about it which Storm are you actually speaking of cause not all storms can do what you're saying. Aang can manipulate all four elements on molecular level even the very materials making them up not just wind/water/lightning which are all things he can control. How would storm actually hurt Aang even? He has way more experience than her at controlling any of the elements she commands maybe say for lightning. 
How is earth not an issue? You have granite, metals, carbon/diamond stc... or Aang's specially compressed boulder rapid fire. A successive attack from any of these concentrated on a specific point will sooner or later breach storms shields. I said her shield is temporary because you don't see it around her around the clock unlike Aangs whose you obviously see swirling at speeds fast enough to grate through the ground itself so he even attacks with it. Controlling elements itself means it is no longer NATURAL on earth, ice doesn't normally  get up and walk on it's own. I am speaking of Avatar Aang here at the end of the show in case you didn't know but why are we even arguing over this? I'm on Ed camp, not Aang!

Grander scale, as it pertains to Storm in comparison to Aang - she is above him in both power and range. Aang, same as Crystal, has control of the 4 elements at a molecular level.  Storm has manipulated electrons and hydrogen atoms directly....neither Aang not Crystal have done this. And even in the avatar state, factoring in his power and experience boost, he still has not wielded air as powerful as Storm has or with her degree of versatility. And Aang has 'zero' control over lightning. He has redirected a bolt (with difficulty), did not generate his own lightning, and would die if Storm hit him from a dozen directions with lightning silmultaneously. Earth is Aang best defense here in terms of blocking air and lightning to a degree, but his mini-rocks will not get past storm's winds. Also, her pressure control has allowed her to punch through the top of a mountain with little effort. He would lose to Storm.  

As for Ed, he has no defense to any of these opponents. He can be easily BFR'd by any of the 3 elementals, the metal attached to his flesh can be super heated by lightning or flame, frozen and possibly shattered through water/temp control and all 3 of them can fly. They don't need to team up to beat him. I think any one of them could beat him by themselves. What is his defense to either Aang or Crystal opening up a fissure under him? Or Storm pulling him up in a massive tornado or attaching him to a jetstream and hurling him miles away?
PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By PikminMania
@sceonn: Listen to what THUNDERBOLT30 is saying. He summed it up perfectly.
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Roddy010
@THUNDERBOLT30:  
@Grim_Hunter:Nice post guys...You summed up my points perfectly... 
@sceonn: Lightning isn't  matter it is energy....
sceonn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By sceonn
@Roddy010 said: 
@sceonn: Lightning isn't  matter it is energy....
Seriously??? dude, i know you took physics which if you did you would know there are four phases to matter: solid, liquid, gas, and finally plasma. I don't think i need to tell you which lightning would correspond to.
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Roddy010
@sceonn
sceonn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By sceonn
@THUNDERBOLT30 said                 

Grander scale, as it pertains to Storm in comparison to Aang - she is above him in both power and range. Aang, same as Crystal, has control of the 4 elements at a molecular level.  Storm has manipulated electrons and hydrogen atoms directly....neither Aang not Crystal have done this. And even in the avatar state, factoring in his power and experience boost, he still has not wielded air as powerful as Storm has or with her degree of versatility. And Aang has 'zero' control over lightning. He has redirected a bolt (with difficulty), did not generate his own lightning, and would die if Storm hit him from a dozen directions with lightning silmultaneously. Earth is Aang best defense here in terms of blocking air and lightning to a degree, but his mini-rocks will not get past storm's winds. Also, her pressure control has allowed her to punch through the top of a mountain with little effort. He would lose to Storm.   As for Ed, he has no defense to any of these opponents. He can be easily BFR'd by any of the 3 elementals, the metal attached to his flesh can be super heated by lightning or flame, frozen and possibly shattered through water/temp control and all 3 of them can fly. They don't need to team up to beat him. I think any one of them could beat him by themselves. What is his defense to either Aang or Crystal opening up a fissure under him? Or Storm pulling him up in a massive tornado or attaching him to a jetstream and hurling him miles away?

She is not above aang in terms of power because none has made it clear WHICH storm you're referring to! Aang has manipulated crystal directly to, big deal she is just more knowledgeable than him i mean the highest tech in avatar universe are airships for god's sake and storm has traveled to different planets & species.
Anyway I'm arguing for Ed here And why would he engage in direct combat with them if he knows they're abilities and has prep time? Wouldn't that be pretty stupid for someone who's not only smart but also has military background since he was a kid? Whatever happen to weapons? Also he only has a single mechanical leg now and as i said before he can always change it's constitutions. Now i'm not trying to said Ed is a batman but he's kinda has the same (bit different) background  and stuff so would you say a batman with the ability to change and shape matter however he wished would lose to storm? i don't think so. He might not be batman but i'm sure he would use his smarts and abilities to their fullest advantages and that doesn't mean rushing towards the enemy foolishly or allowing himself to be found easily either. Camouflage is basic in any army and he knows his tactics.
sceonn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By sceonn
@PikminMania said:
@sceonn: Listen to what THUNDERBOLT30 is saying. He summed it up perfectly.
Not quite so perfectly but i'm still listening...
Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By Blood1991

Storm, a better battle would be Aang vs Crystal in general.
PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By PikminMania
@sceonn: Ed is nowhere even close to Batman's intelligence level. Also, this still begs the question on how Ed has a chance, since Storm will be in the air the whole time, most likely kicking Aang's ass.
sceonn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By sceonn
@PikminMania: Who ever said Ed and batman had the same intelligence level? Did you even bother to read my post before replying? Also just please tell me what you know of Ed's power because i'm getting the feeling you don't in which case debating with you would be meaningless.   

To EVERYONE: Also from now on i'll Only be replying to comments that i find were written with intelligence, supported by a good argument!

I want to enjoy a good debate, which is why i'm on Ed camp to begin with so anyone not interested.....>-<
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@sceonn said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said                 

Grander scale, as it pertains to Storm in comparison to Aang - she is above him in both power and range. Aang, same as Crystal, has control of the 4 elements at a molecular level.  Storm has manipulated electrons and hydrogen atoms directly....neither Aang not Crystal have done this. And even in the avatar state, factoring in his power and experience boost, he still has not wielded air as powerful as Storm has or with her degree of versatility. And Aang has 'zero' control over lightning. He has redirected a bolt (with difficulty), did not generate his own lightning, and would die if Storm hit him from a dozen directions with lightning silmultaneously. Earth is Aang best defense here in terms of blocking air and lightning to a degree, but his mini-rocks will not get past storm's winds. Also, her pressure control has allowed her to punch through the top of a mountain with little effort. He would lose to Storm.   As for Ed, he has no defense to any of these opponents. He can be easily BFR'd by any of the 3 elementals, the metal attached to his flesh can be super heated by lightning or flame, frozen and possibly shattered through water/temp control and all 3 of them can fly. They don't need to team up to beat him. I think any one of them could beat him by themselves. What is his defense to either Aang or Crystal opening up a fissure under him? Or Storm pulling him up in a massive tornado or attaching him to a jetstream and hurling him miles away?

She is not above aang in terms of power because none has made it clear WHICH storm you're referring to! Aang has manipulated crystal directly to, big deal she is just more knowledgeable than him i mean the highest tech in avatar universe are airships for god's sake and storm has traveled to different planets & species.Anyway I'm arguing for Ed here And why would he engage in direct combat with them if he knows they're abilities and has prep time? Wouldn't that be pretty stupid for someone who's not only smart but also has military background since he was a kid? Whatever happen to weapons? Also he only has a single mechanical leg now and as i said before he can always change it's constitutions. Now i'm not trying to said Ed is a batman but he's kinda has the same (bit different) background  and stuff so would you say a batman with the ability to change and shape matter however he wished would lose to storm? i don't think so. He might not be batman but i'm sure he would use his smarts and abilities to their fullest advantages and that doesn't mean rushing towards the enemy foolishly or allowing himself to be found easily either. Camouflage is basic in any army and he knows his tactics.

I am lost on the first part of your post, as to "WHICH" Storm this is. I am assuming it is 616 Storm. The OP did not indicate if this is a different version of Storm (i.e. - anime, animated series, ultimate, etc.). Aang has never manipulated atoms or electrons directly, which is what I was refering to. His manipulating crystal does not shoe that his control of the elements is more acute. Crystal and Aang's powers are the same, except she has shown more versatility and refind control, while he has shown more raw power than Crystal.  

As for Ed, it's not like Storm, Aang and Crystal don't have a few minutes prep, though I doubt  they will need it, and they get knowledge on him as well.

And it doesn't matter if Ed engaged them directly or not. You stated they start only 100ft apart. It would be nothing for either Crystal or Aang to swallow Ed up in the ground from this distance (unless Ed can fly), or for Storm's, Aang or Crystal's winds to grab hold of him (his flying won't help him), for for them to freeze him with water and temp control. There range of attack is beyond Ed's, and they have means to move faster than him. If your stating that Ed can change the elements of his leg to something other than metal, then that's fine. It doesn't keep the rest of his human body from being hurt by any of the elements wielded by his opponents. And how does Ed's intelligence of prep skill compare to Batman's?  

All 3 of these elementals have years of combat training and experience against threats more powerful than Ed. And Ed has no way real way of hiding from Crystal or Storm. Crystal can sense his movement through his foot falls on the ground or movement through the air, and Storm can also sense him through air. And the elementals all have powers with a wide AOE and techinically do not have to physically see their opponent to effect him or limit his abilty to track them.
sceonn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By sceonn
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:         

I am lost on the first part of your post, as to "WHICH" Storm this is. I am assuming it is 616 Storm. The OP did not indicate if this is a different version of Storm (i.e. - anime, animated series, ultimate, etc.). Aang has never manipulated atoms or electrons directly, which is what I was refering to. His manipulating crystal does not shoe that his control of the elements is more acute. Crystal and Aang's powers are the same, except she has shown more versatility and refind control, while he has shown more raw power than Crystal.   As for Ed, it's not like Storm, Aang and Crystal don't have a few minutes prep, though I doubt  they will need it, and they get knowledge on him as well. And it doesn't matter if Ed engaged them directly or not. You stated they start only 100ft apart. It would be nothing for either Crystal or Aang to swallow Ed up in the ground from this distance (unless Ed can fly), or for Storm's, Aang or Crystal's winds to grab hold of him (his flying won't help him), for for them to freeze him with water and temp control. There range of attack is beyond Ed's, and they have means to move faster than him. If your stating that Ed can change the elements of his leg to something other than metal, then that's fine. It doesn't keep the rest of his human body from being hurt by any of the elements wielded by his opponents. And how does Ed's intelligence of prep skill compare to Batman's?   All 3 of these elementals have years of combat training and experience against threats more powerful than Ed. And Ed has no way real way of hiding from Crystal or Storm. Crystal can sense his movement through his foot falls on the ground or movement through the air, and Storm can also sense him through air. And the elementals all have powers with a wide AOE and techinically do not have to physically see their opponent to effect him or limit his abilty to track them.

I never said Aang manipulated electrons i said he could control sub elemental composite materials at base level. Now what is lightning? How do benders summon it? It's clearly said it involves Yin and Yang clashing together which they translated as electrons and positrons so how would you define those? Sub atomic particles right? Firebenders can do it , Aang learned the principles behind it and how to counter it but would not do it due to his monk upbringing. Anyway that itself proves Benders can affect matter on subatomic scale, only with all four elements. I said Aang lacked Storm's raw scientific knowledge, not that he wasn't capable of doing it. 
As for Ed his powers works slightly differently. While the others go from elemental to sub atomic, He goes from sub atomic to elemental so it's like the others already have a fully functioning toy and only needs to figure out how it works he figures how it works and has to build it himself. Why do you think they have longer range than Ed, Storms range is indeed long but wind is also the lightest element and would not require much to move while earth would be much harder right, big weight difference and weight does effect these abilities. Alchemy can also manipulate elements but would require know-how and training so it's just easier for them to alter stuff. Can he just not make a tall pillar of steel and have metal spikes grow out of it to reach skybound enemies? Or better yet make a cannon on top of it that would shoot titanium shells? He is much better control, versatility on subatomic level than any of them, hell with a philosopher stone he should even be able to make a miniature star. And why would he engage them without making himself a super strong weather proof armor lol.
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@sceonn: My point is, you mentioned he could control crystal (i.e. - an earth composite substance), which I am already aware of, but that showing is not as acute as Storm's manipulation of electrons or hydrogen atoms. Aang, as well as the benders do not have direct control of the elements at a sub-atomic level. What proof is there that there control is derived fine control of the elements sub-atomically? If Aang could create lightning, which I doubt his morals/monk upbringing would keep him from doing so, then he should have been throwing lightning bolts at Ozai when they fought in the final episode or should have been able to redirect lightning with ease. 

And you have yet to counter any of the BFR arguments I have presented. Manipulating air or earth would take little effort for the elementals, and what is Ed going to do not get BFR'd? 

Ed's ability is limited to metal alchemy IIRC, and he has to make physical contact with what he is looking to transmute.With making an all encompassing armor, he could better protect himself physically to a degree, but his armor is still metal, which can conduct electricity and is vulnerable to temperature extremes and force, and his human body inside of it has limits. If steel is the best he can come up with, then his armor or weapons can be obliterated by lightning, fire or earth projectiles. Crystal has manipulated massive amounts of earth with ease, so it would not be more difficult for her to flatten Ed with massive slab of earth. Also, Crystal can unleash ice blasts to freeze him inside his armor or flame blasts to melt it, or Aang can freeze him with atmospheric moisture, and the same for Storm, who has actually shattered steel with ease by freezing it. And he doesn't have a philospher stone in this battle so I don't see why that is being mentioned.
sceonn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By sceonn
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@sceonn: My point is, you mentioned he could control crystal (i.e. - an earth composite substance), which I am already aware of, but that showing is not as acute as Storm's manipulation of electrons or hydrogen atoms. Aang, as well as the benders do not have direct control of the elements at a sub-atomic level. What proof is there that there control is derived fine control of the elements sub-atomically? If Aang could create lightning, which I doubt his morals/monk upbringing would keep him from doing so, then he should have been throwing lightning bolts at Ozai when they fought in the final episode or should have been able to redirect lightning with ease.    And you have yet to counter any of the BFR arguments I have presented. Manipulating air or earth would take little effort for the elementals, and what is Ed going to do not get BFR'd? Ed's ability is limited to metal alchemy IIRC, and he has to make physical contact with what he is looking to transmute.With making an all encompassing armor, he could better protect himself physically to a degree, but his armor is still metal, which can conduct electricity and is vulnerable to temperature extremes and force, and his human body inside of it has limits. If steel is the best he can come up with, then his armor or weapons can be obliterated by lightning, fire or earth projectiles. Crystal has manipulated massive amounts of earth with ease, so it would not be more difficult for her to flatten Ed with massive slab of earth. Also, Crystal can unleash ice blasts to freeze him inside his armor or flame blasts to melt it, or Aang can freeze him with atmospheric moisture, and the same for Storm, who has actually shattered steel with ease by freezing it. And he doesn't have a philospher stone in this battle so I don't see why that is being mentioned.

Aang avoided redirecting lightning back at ozai, the guy he hated the most putting himself at risk and you're still saying that? I have nothing to say then...And proof of manipulating sub-atomically i've already stated but you chose to not mention it  "positron/electron" 
So you think Ed cannot manipulate the earth too? Not only can he control it he can even alter what it's made off, something none of the three can. 
Ok! Ed can destroy anything on contact on atomic level. Flatten him? i don't think so, not only that he can also animate that very earth crystal used on him back against her cause he once made a giant zeus like statue and animated it to squash his enemy and that was stone. What gave you the idea that he can only use metal, his name is just a code name due to he metallic limbs not an indication of his power. 
 You think lightning is omnipotent, Then what about lightning rod, why doesn't it get obliteration and as you've said before he is good at metal alchemy and there are plenty of metal resistant metals not that he's limited to that and he's familiar to it thanks to Colonel Mustang. Ed fought an ice alchemist and defeated him and he could freeze an entire city cold. He even made water i think, don't remember much. It wasn't said he didn't have a philosopher stone either so it can go either way!
TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TheCerealKillz
@TheCerealKillz said:
Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to go with Storm. She can make more high level effects before the others can counter them...

TenguMan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TenguMan8

1.Storm 2.Aang/Crystal 3.Ed

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43  Edited By Static Shock
@sceonn said:
Electromagnetic energy isn't exactly matter. Plus, lightning isn't solid. Has Ed shown the ability to transmute lightning?
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By cascadeking09
@Static Shock: As far as I know Ed's never transmuted any type of energy and it would be very hard to properly do, because what would be the proper equivalent of lightning to exchange.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Static Shock
@cascadeking09: Even I can't answer that question.
TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TheCerealKillz
@Static Shock said:
@cascadeking09: Even I can't answer that question.
Isnt this comic vs anime?
sceonn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By sceonn
@Static Shock said:

@sceonn said:

Electromagnetic energy isn't exactly matter. Plus, lightning isn't solid. Has Ed shown the ability to transmute lightning?
I'm pretty sure it's plasma, which is the fourth state of matter. But i guess since it's also got electricity it contains energy.....yes plasma created through electricity.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Static Shock
@sceonn: Well, this still doesn't answer my question. 

@TheCerealKillz
said:
Isnt this comic vs anime?
Ah. I didn't catch that.