Aang the Avatar vs. Magneto

hammerhand231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hammerhand231

one controls metal, the other controls a variety of substances and forces, none of which is as dense and tough as metal

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Precise

Magneto, plus he controls the powers of magnetism, not metal =)

hammerhand231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By hammerhand231

good point, there is a subtle difference

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Aang.....air is everywhere....ferrous metals are not

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Magneto.

Mystica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Mystica

if Aang learns how to Bloodbend, then he would win. But like Phoenix of the Black Throne said, Aang would be reluctant to actually HURT Magneto, whereas Magneto would lash out on him. im gunna hav to giv this one to Magneto

Avatar image for ultimate_magneto
Ultimate Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ultimate Magneto
Lunacyde said:
"Aang.....air is everywhere....ferrous metals are not"

*sigh* Magneto controls ELECTRO-magnetism, it's a helluva lot more than just moving metal.

Magneto wins this one; Aang doesn't bring anything new to the table that Magneto hasn't dealt with before.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

OK...my bad he can generate EMPs, fly, generate shields, see magnetic fields, and possibly open wormholes.

None of those other effects would matter in this fight except maybe levitating/flying and generating shields, and secondly none of those powers are offensive.

At what point are we considering Aang....is this Aang at his peak after learning to control all four main elements? Also is he in his avatar spiritual state

?

hammerhand231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By hammerhand231

Magneto doesn't control electro-magnetism, if that were true his power would be infinitely greater, that includes everything from gamma rays to visible light. He would be able to manipulate and focus all those forces. He can manipulate bi-polar magnetic fields, not electro-magnetism.

I meant Aang at his peak, in the same state he reverted to to defeat Firelord Ozi. I also am going to alter it a little because as someone said metals are not everywhere, or were not. I think it would be a walk in the park for Aang during his day but: The fight is set in our present day, where extremely massive metal structures are everywhere, and Magneto has been known to move buildings weighing 60000 tons+ not to mention the bridge. Aang though, he's a fire bender. How much heat can they really generate? And the melting point of steel is a mere 2500 degrees

Lastly, the point that Aang doesn't like to kill is pretty much moot. He didn't kill Ozi, but he did soundly defeat him. I bet he could pull a similar trick with Magneto and steal his metal-bending.

Ultimate Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ultimate Magneto
hammerhand231 said:
"

Magneto doesn't control electro-magnetism, if that were true his power would be infinitely greater, that includes everything from gamma rays to visible light. He would be able to manipulate and focus all those forces. He can manipulate bi-polar magnetic fields, not electro-magnetism.

You nailed it on the head, he DOES have control over it and those forces, albeit not to such a great control that he'd use them over basic magnetism or shields. Don't believe me? Go ask Pania on Magneto's forum section. I'm not going to even bother argue it, this is something I know as fact since I'm a diehard fan of Magneto and have done a shit ton load of research on him and his powers.
Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By Nahero
hammerhand231 said:
"

I meant Aang at his peak, in the same state he reverted to to defeat Firelord Ozi. I also am going to alter it a little because as someone said metals are not everywhere, or were not. I think it would be a walk in the park for Aang during his day but: The fight is set in our present day, where extremely massive metal structures are everywhere, and Magneto has been known to move buildings weighing 60000 tons+ not to mention the bridge. Aang though, he's a fire bender. How much heat can they really generate? And the melting point of steel is a mere 2500 degrees

Lastly, the point that Aang doesn't like to kill is pretty much moot. He didn't kill Ozi, but he did soundly defeat him. I bet he could pull a similar trick with Magneto and steal his metal-bending.

"

thats true but its kind of i risky move even i wouldn't just do that trick on every evil guy i encounter
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By Strafe Prower

*sigh*

Magneto for the destruction.
hammerhand231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By hammerhand231

dude Im sorry I haven't done the research so I can't know the official word, but it doesn't make logical sense. If he can manipulate electromagnetic forces he can manipulate visible light, that means lasers, making them shoot from anywhere to anywhere, and the shorter wavelength forces like gamma rays and x-rays are immensely more potent than visible light. If he could manipulate electromagnetic forces no mutant on earth would be a threat to him

Ultimate Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ultimate Magneto
hammerhand231 said:
"dude Im sorry I haven't done the research so I can't know the official word, but it doesn't make logical sense. If he can manipulate electromagnetic forces he can manipulate visible light, that means lasers, making them shoot from anywhere to anywhere, and the shorter wavelength forces like gamma rays and x-rays are immensely more potent than visible light. If he could manipulate electromagnetic forces no mutant on earth would be a threat to him"
I know, but his control over it needs focus, and just so you know he channels his power through his nervous system. If he were to try too hard on one of these harder to control powers he'd be hurting himself. Plus, over doing the basic magnetism thing has, in the past caused chemical imbalances and driven him nearly insane. So, while he CAN do that stuff, it's not practical, but it's there and can be used moderately. =)
hammerhand231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By hammerhand231

hmm thats pretty sweet, I had no idea about any of that, but it sounds like that would make it a much more interesting fight. Aang finds it relatively easy to actually transmit energy, while you say that doing that for Magneto is risky. I have never heard that Aang has to hold back anything when he is in his Avatar state

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Ultimate Magneto I will not believed he has any of those powers unless you can show scans where he demonstrates the ability.
Aang doesnt have to kill him...using bloodbending he could merely disable him from moving.

Ultimate Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ultimate Magneto
hammerhand231 said:
"hmm thats pretty sweet, I had no idea about any of that, but it sounds like that would make it a much more interesting fight. Aang finds it relatively easy to actually transmit energy, while you say that doing that for Magneto is risky. I have never heard that Aang has to hold back anything when he is in his Avatar state"

Yeah, it would have to be something so straining that he'd begin to realize he's pushing it. Basic magnetism comes second nature to him, not a problem. His shields have deflected a blast from Galactus before and he didn't even blink. He levitated a Russian submarine that was 25,000+ pounds/tons whatever without even trying. He has incredible reaction time too, enough to snatch Northstar from the sky when flying.

Magneto can do a helluva lot more than his movie/cartoon counterpart, just go and read a bit about his powers, you might find some more things interesting about him.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
Phoenix of the Black Throne said:
"Aang does not bloodbend and considering a woman who was never an avatar created it he won't have any idea how to, not to mention you can only bloodbend under a full moon.  He can't use the same technique he used on Ozi, because mutant powers have nothing to with chi, which is why Ty-lee can block bending.  Magneto on the other had could mess with his bodies bio-magnetic field which is tied to the aura which are tied to the chakras which regulate chi  flow in the body, he could also use his own varitation of bloodbending with that iron in the blood bit."

Iron in the blood thing is ridiculous and doesnt work. The one trick Magneto has pulled on a number of occasions that is outside the realm of real science is “manipulating iron in the blood”. When the iron atoms in the hemoglobin of one’s bloodstream bonds with the oxygen your body so desperately needs, its magnetic field is cancelled out. While there would be some iron in your body that is not bonded to oxygen, it is certainly not enough to do anyhting.

Aang doesnt know bloodbending currently but that doesnt mean at his full potential he doesnt. Its a subcategory of water bending which he has mastered...but yes it would need to be a full moon.

Even without bloodbending there are dozens of things that Aang could do in a fight with Magneto.
Baby Vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Baby Vegeta

Magneto

hammerhand231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By hammerhand231

i wonder if there are any electrically insulating rocks, or if rock itself is a good insulator. It seems like an insulating substance, especially if Magneto were completely encased in it, would be effective to nullify his powers. I know it wouldn't be easy to trap him like that, but genetic memory is a hell of a thing; when Aang is in the Avatar state he is really thousands of people, each with their own tricks, it could be somewhere in all those centuries there was a metal-bender....

hammerhand231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By hammerhand231

I thought Magneto needed very high levels of iron in the blood to pull that off, so high that there is surplus and a good portion goes unmetabolized. It seems to me he could rip anybody apart at any time, nerve cells communicate with the brain via electro-chemical signals and he could probably use that, but the masses involved are so tiny it would be a mighty strain to even detect them let alone control them, and like Ultimate said he puts himself at great risk when he has to strain too much.

Ultimate Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ultimate Magneto
hammerhand231 said:
"I thought Magneto needed very high levels of iron in the blood to pull that off, so high that there is surplus and a good portion goes unmetabolized. It seems to me he could rip anybody apart at any time, nerve cells communicate with the brain via electro-chemical signals and he could probably use that, but the masses involved are so tiny it would be a mighty strain to even detect them let alone control them, and like Ultimate said he puts himself at great risk when he has to strain too much."

Yeah, he's good at "detecting" things like that, but controlling it is a different matter. Doing some of those more in depth things like iron in the blood is tricky and takes time, leaving him open. I don't see him using it in a straight fight at anytime, he'd rather create a shield and blast or throw something. That or levitate his enemy off the ground. Magneto is also a master strategist and tactician, so let's keep this in mind when thinking about this battle. He can use his head when needed.

I've never seen the Avatar show myself, but it looked intriguing.
GTG12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By GTG12

aang
zakman55719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By zakman55719

aange

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#25  Edited By Mercy_
@GTG12 said:
" aang "
Stop bumping Aang threads. Not only is it spamming, manga vs comic battles are no longer allowed and shouldn't be bumped. I suggest that you read the Battle Forum Rules before posting again.
Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Magneto