Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arcus1
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In this battle, Avatar Aang will take on Avatar Korra (again). To make things more interesting, neither Avatar will have access to their native element.

Fight takes place in the Spirit World where Wan fought Vaatu. Time is perpetual twilight. Starting distance is 25 feet.

Aang can bend all elements except air. Korra can bend all elements except water.

All agility feats will apply for both as though they had airbending (since we really don't know how agile Aang is without airbending)

Korra is perfectly healthy.

No Avatar State

Both are in character. Victory by ko

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Arcus1

@dratini1331@joewell@strictlyanime@nighthunder

@norrinboltagonprime21@pooty@pr0metheus@sophia89@princearagorn1 @lvenger

@funsiized@princearagorn1@ssj_god @jmarshmallow

@redbird3rdboywonder@pierpat@knightofzero

@dccomicsrule2011@lunacyde @etheral_dreams

@killerwasp@kidphillip@aressword@wbr17@korraspirit@gxrevolution96@jr_avatarexpert@dextersinister@thunderbolt30@nighthunder@metaljimmor@spartankobe@jacthripper@deathhero61@primebonnick@gizmorino@saint_sophie@rijehu @myerlanski @koays @useyourname @stormdriven @hypnosis @pirateking @mitcheii @deranged_midget @abyssdarkfire @hatemalingsia @arv993 @dreadpool10 @batking200: @sirneko @loklegends @kingvenus @speedster101 @marvelfan1992 @martinceld @106me @therapist1

@thenewbluebeetle007: @johnfrank120 @llehdevil: @darkdefender @hulkage @d3athstroke @linark

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stalemate.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang is just better.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@highaccuser said:

Aang is just better.

any reasons?

He's just rolling with better showings.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

Aang. The gap between his earthbending and her's is quite large. The gap between his firebending and her's is noticeable, but not to the point where he's completely outclassed. And her airbending pales in comparison to his waterbending.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: aang imo uses air the most, while korra as we've talked about this uses water the least per say in all the books combined. With that said Aang's got moves, and good stuff that would cause korra problems. However, what i remembered was that at least in the first book they ditched the good old hunking rocks at each other and went to the more tactical strikes and critical strikes per say. I feel this newer method could be a tad bit in her favor, and since she uses a lot of other elements it wouldn't be more than reasonable that her durability would allow her to tank multiple hits something aang wasn't really known for per say. Not claiming that he couldnt take a punch, just she seemed more durable.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: His earth bending is far superior to her's, his fire bending is weaker, but not by much, and his waterbending is at least on par with her air bending.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Korra has metal, earth, air, and fire, aang has water, fire and earth.

Korra is better than aang at fire, her air skills are better than his water skills, his earth bending is better than hers, and pro-bending was a cool stuff, it is like a street bending stuff, and aang has no answer to metals so korra takes a close victory over aang.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang is just too much faster and has a better earthbending, while his waterbending is >>>>>>>>>>her airbending.Ok, the firebending is not his best skill, but he simply won't use it that much.

He's winning this.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 juiceboks  Moderator

@gizmorino: There's no metal in the Spirit World so metalbending is irrelevant.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Arcus1

@arcus: His earth bending is far superior to her's, his fire bending is weaker, but not by much, and his waterbending is at least on par with her air bending.

Aang. The gap between his earthbending and her's is quite large. The gap between his firebending and her's is noticeable, but not to the point where he's outclassed. And her airbending pales in comparison to his waterbending.

No Caption Provided

Considering Aang's firebending feats are almost nonexistent I'd say the gap is fairly significant

@arcus: aang imo uses air the most, while korra as we've talked about this uses water the least per say in all the books combined. With that said Aang's got moves, and good stuff that would cause korra problems. However, what i remembered was that at least in the first book they ditched the good old hunking rocks at each other and went to the more tactical strikes and critical strikes per say. I feel this newer method could be a tad bit in her favor, and since she uses a lot of other elements it wouldn't be more than reasonable that her durability would allow her to tank multiple hits something aang wasn't really known for per say. Not claiming that he couldnt take a punch, just she seemed more durable.

I'd agree Korra's more durable, which is part of the reason I allowed airbending agility feats for both, since Aang's more agile

Korra has metal, earth, air, and fire, aang has water, fire and earth.

Korra is better than aang at fire, her air skills are better than his water skills, his earth bending is better than hers, and pro-bending was a cool stuff, it is like a street bending stuff, and aang has no answer to metals so korra takes a close victory over aang.

There's not really any metal here

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Gizmorino

No metal bending? Guess i skipped the location. Well her airbending is slightly better or even better than his water bending, his earth bending is better than hers and her firebending his better tha his' considering the fact that he never really used it even being trained by the dragons, he was more of earth air and water. Am going with @killerwasp: on this one, it's either a stalemate or a close win for korra.

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang should win. His water fears are better than Korra's air feats. Plus dragon training gives a big boost to his fire

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Arcus1

@knightofzero: any firebending feats other than dragon training to support his firebending being stronger than hers?

Obtrusive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra rarely has had bending problems like aang, so i will say korra.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

itzxsloth345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang, big difference in earthbending, he became a master of defensive earth bending. His waterbending is also better then her air bending, while all shes got is the fire advantage.

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By KnightOfZero
Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Korra, the majority of Aang's combat style, especially his defense, relies a great deal on Airbending. Also while Aang was able to produce more larger scale Earthbending it isn't anything that Korra can defend against.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra. Her firenending is more than a match for his earth bending and her air and earth bending are greater then his fire and water bending.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I give it to aang with high difficulty he is just a better fighter to me.

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That took extra focus for Aang to do. Korra could casually do that casually.

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus name one time when Korra did anything like that?

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry, ment to tag @thatguywithheadphones

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arcus already posted it.

No Caption Provided

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatguywithheadphones

Yeah, that took no extra effort (sarcasm)

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatguywithheadphones

Yeah, that took no extra effort (sarcasm)

It kinda didn't, she just turned around and shoot fire at him.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Arcus1

Well for starters:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And of course (because I like this one)

No Caption Provided

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus no where near what aang did. At the vet least, they are even in fire, but her air isn't as good as his water.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus no where near what aang did. At the vet least, they are even in fire, but her air isn't as good as his water.

How are none of those anywhere near what Aang did?

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

If Aang can use waterbending to block and briefly overpower Ozai's comet enhanced firebending, then Korra's blasts shouldn't be much of a problem. His earthbending is gonna be his best asset here.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Arcus1

If Aang can use waterbending to block and briefly overpower Ozai's comet enhanced firebending, then Korra's blasts shouldn't be much of a problem. His earthbending is gonna be his best asset here.

He used that once, and it wasn't Ozai's strongest blast

No Caption Provided

It is a solid feat, don't get me wrong, but I don't think it means Korra's firebending won't be a problem at all

No Caption Provided

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus shooting a fireball or jumping through fire (something Amon did no problem) isn't the same as shooting 3 giant/sustained fire blasts. The only one on that level was korra vs giant fish, which is why I said they might be on the same level for fire.

Now I ask you (and @thatguywithheadphones) any proof that Korra's earth ending is greater than aang's? Or her air bending is greater than his water?

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Hes better than her in almost everyway

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#42  Edited By GXrevolution96

@juiceboks said:

The gap between his firebending and her's is noticeable, but not to the point where he's completely outclassed.

If I can recall, Aang's only fire bending feats were during comet. Outside of it, he has none. Additionally, he had just started his fire bending training. Korra has mastered fire bending and has shown to be a capable fire bender, even demonstrating advanced techniques such as jet propulsion .

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#43  Edited By GXrevolution96

@knightofzero said:

@arcus no where near what aang did. At the vet least, they are even in fire

No, they are not even. Aang hadn't even mastered fire bending. Korra has, and has the feats to back it up. Firebending may as well be Korra's native element as it is he preferred choice and aligns more with her personality. Though, Aang does take Korra in earth and air.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus shooting a fireball or jumping through fire (something Amon did no problem) isn't the same as shooting 3 giant/sustained fire blasts. The only one on that level was korra vs giant fish, which is why I said they might be on the same level for fire.

Now I ask you (and @thatguywithheadphones) any proof that Korra's earth ending is greater than aang's? Or her air bending is greater than his water?

Jumping through a gap in a fire that Korra started in a hall and then left isn't the same as negating large fire blasts at all, you know that

The blast Korra used against the fish is significantly larger than those blasts Aang used, plus it actually did something

Oh I agree Aang's earthbending is better than Korra's. As for comparing their water and air it kinda depends: Aang's got more raw power feats for water but Korra has more combat feats for air

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not even debatable. Korra has shown to be a much stronger fire bender than Aang.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Arcus1

@arcus: Hes better than her in almost everyway

He's hardly better than her in firebending

Archanfel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang is significantly better than Korra at earthbending and waterbending.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang is significantly better than Korra at earthbending and waterbending.

Earth and air, sure, but how is he better than her at waterbending?

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 juiceboks  Moderator

@arcus I didn't say it was, but Ozai's firebending power is still greater than Korra's. My point is that he can defend against her most formidable element with water and earth.

@juiceboks said:

The gap between his firebending and her's is noticeable, but not to the point where he's completely outclassed.

If I can recall, Aang's only fire bending feats were during comet. Outside of it, he has none. Additionally, he had just started his fire bending training. Korra has mastered fire bending and has shown to be a capable fire bender, even demonstrating advanced techniques such as jet propulsion .

He's shown some solid blasts when he was training with Zuko, obviously it's not his preferred element in combat but let's not pretend it's nonexistent.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By AvatarReiko

I don’t think people give Korra enough credit for air bending. She is not quite as good as Aang, but she is also not as bad as some make her out to be. She has demonstrated some impressive air bending moves and has shown to be capable of using the air spout, a highly advanced air bending technique, which according to The wiki, is a move used by air bending masters.

No Caption Provided

Going by feats...

• Water=Korra
  • Fire=Korra
  • Air=Aang
  • Earth=Aang