Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1 Lunacyde  Moderator

Situation 1.

3 on 3 Pro-bending Match, Gaang has had practice to familiarize themselves with the rules and gameplay.

Korra, Bolin, and Mako

Vs.

Katara, Toph, Zuko

-all standard match rules apply

-this is all characters in their respective season finales.

Situation 2.

Straight up fight. Takes place in the Crystal Catacombs of old Ba Sing Se.

Aang, Katara, Toph, Zuko, Suki

Vs.

Korra, Tarrlok, Bolin, Mako, Asami

- No blood bending

- in character

- No Avatar State

- Standard Gear

- All characters from their respective Season Finales.

SOKKA AND MEELO ARE COLOR COMMENTATING THE MATCHES.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Avatar Gang were the best. They perfected Air, Water, Earth and Fire bending.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dondave
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

No one thinks the Fire Ferrets even have a chance in their own sport? Lol

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@lunacyde: I probably prefer TLOK over the original but the cast did not impress me at bending as much as the original cast did *shrugs*

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lunacyde  Moderator

@dccomicsrule2011: I will agree that overall their bending/fighting was not as impressive. However their styles seemed to me to be better suited to Pro-Bending. Then you have Toph's blindness to account for and I believe the fire ferrets are a little more cohesive as a team overall.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@lunacyde: Toph's blindness is better then them actually seeing isnt it? I havent seen the series in a while but didnt it give her an ability to pre-cog some attacks?

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Final season of ATLAB would WRECK, i mean WRECK Korra's Krew in a all out fight. In a professional match, Aang's Crew might lose the first 2, then destroy them 8 in a row

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lunacyde  Moderator

@pooty: While I agree in the all out fight, I don't believe the Gaang's old school forms would translate well to Pro-bending

@pr0metheus: In general yes, but she couldn't sense all attacks. She is very well suited to take on other Earthbenders as she can sense Earth even if it isn't touching the ground. However she may be vulnerable to certain fire and water attacks.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Korra's team could win because Aang's team's fighting style doesn't work as well.

Round 2: Team Aang stomps.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@lunacyde: Hmm that sounds fair enough. Well then I change my opinion I think Korra's Krew wins round 1 because, as you've pointed out, their adroitness with pro-bending but Avatar Gang would take 2.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

@pooty: While I agree in the all out fight, I don't believe the Gaang's old school forms would translate well to Pro-bending

@pr0metheus: In general yes, but she couldn't sense all attacks. She is very well suited to take on other Earthbenders as she can sense Earth even if it isn't touching the ground. However she may be vulnerable to certain fire and water attacks.

Korra seemed to adapt very quickly to the fighting style. The Ferrets could win but i'm not counting the Gaang out

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gaang wins in a blow out

RageEx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1, Krew might take it due to being better at pro bending

Round 2, Gaang stomps, Aang is a more powerful Avatar from what we've seen so far, Toph is already an Earthbending master, and Katara can probably cancel out Tarrlock's bloodbending. Suki is a better fighter than Asami.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Crew. I can see Aang members taking things lightly and running about uselessly making weird faces.

Round 2: Team. Aang>>Korra. Deal with it. :D

Round 3: Team.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Lunacyde  Moderator

@pooty: Korra seemed to learn quickly but she was A.) The Avatar B.) Taught the newer styles used in Pro-Bending by two experienced and skilled Pro-Benders.

In this situation Zuko, Toph, and Katara are merely explained the rules and given time to practice. They don't have any knowledge of these newer styles or anyone to train them.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

@pooty: Korra seemed to learn quickly but she was A.) The Avatar B.) Taught the newer styles used in Pro-Bending by two experienced and skilled Pro-Benders.

In this situation Zuko, Toph, and Katara are merely explained the rules and given time to practice. They don't have any knowledge of these newer styles or anyone to train them.

I see no reason why their newer styles would be better then Gaangs older style. If their style was superior they would win both rounds. But they wouldn't. The Gaang had to adapt instantly to different situations and they used team work to get out of many jams. I'm not saying they would definitely win, but the only reason the Ferrets got so far is because it was their show. I didn't see anything that Gaang couldn't do.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lunacyde  Moderator

@pooty:

In the show itself it explained why the newer styles were superior (in Pro-Bending). As can be seen in LoK, Korra doesn't fair that well until she starts training in the newer style. I am in NO way advocating that the newer styles are better overall, just they are more adept for the sport of Pro-Bending.

The Gaang did adapt well and work their way out of jams, but they also fought a lot, didnt always see eye to eye, and downright didnt trust each other at times.

StrictlyAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By StrictlyAnime

Situation 1: Korra Krew, better style for probending, and I'm not entirely sure Toph could even see on the arena

Situation 2: Aang Gang

Aang is just a little better an Avatar than Korra since hes mastered Airbending and she hasn't. On top of that hes easily more controlled and focused due to his training as a Monk.

Toph Stomps Bolin in earthbending the same way she does against any other earthbender she faces

While Mako can lightningbend Zuko can redirect it, Zuko is also a more powerful Fire Bender

Katara is easily a better waterbender than Tarrlok

And Suki is superior at hand to hand combat, but is Asami has the Chi-blocking glove she probably wins

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

@pooty:

In the show itself it explained why the newer styles were superior (in Pro-Bending). As can be seen in LoK, Korra doesn't fair that well until she starts training in the newer style. I am in NO way advocating that the newer styles are better overall, just they are more adept for the sport of Pro-Bending.

The Gaang did adapt well and work their way out of jams, but they also fought a lot, didnt always see eye to eye, and downright didnt trust each other at times.

Korra's main problem was her stance which is why she struggled. And she was able to learn pro bending pretty quickly so Aang's team is just as capable of learning as fast.

Majority of their fighting was in Book 2. In Book 3, they didn't fight nearly as much and bonded a lot with each other.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22 the_stegman  Moderator

Boomer-Aang Squad take both rounds, Toph is on a whole other level that Bolin, same with Zuko and Mako respectively. Korra may be more fast paced than Katara, but Katara has more impressive water bending feats

Round two a just a clean sweep for the Aangsters.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@the_stegman: you know I respect your Avatar knowledge and opinion, but I disagree on the Pro-Bending match. Pro-Bending isn't about pure power or mastery of an element which really levels the playing field. Toph's great variety of Earthbending powers is basically wasted when throwing Earth discs around is all she is allowed to do as per the rules. Her blindness could also be exploited in this particular situation. Same for Katara, none of her most impressive water ending feats would even be legal in a match.

Pro-Bending is about specific Pro-Bending centric techniques, strategy, and teamwork. All things I could argue give Korra's Krew a leg up.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 the_stegman  Moderator

@lunacyde said:

@the_stegman: you know I respect your Avatar knowledge and opinion, but I disagree on the Pro-Bending match. Pro-Bending isn't about pure power or mastery of an element which really levels the playing field. Toph's great variety of Earthbending powers is basically wasted when throwing Earth discs around is all she is allowed to do as per the rules. Her blindness could also be exploited in this particular situation.

Pro-Bending is about specific Pro-Bending centric techniques, strategy, and teamwork. All things I could argue give Korra's Krew a leg up.

Eh, Pro-Bending is about strategy and teamwork, but Korra herself mastered it pretty quickly, didn't she win her debut match for her team? Maybe she's a prodigy being the Avatar, but heck, Team Aang are all prodigies in their own right. The OP says they have time to learn the rules and practice strategics, since they work very well as a team already, adding their superior bending feats, I see them winning. Plus, Toph was the champion in her own Earth bending tournament, granted it wasn't as...refined as Pro Bending, but still, she could be pretty slick with little moves.

Loading Video...

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@the_stegman:

I still see her being limited to Earth discs as taking away basically all of her impressive feats as well as Katara's. It really evens out the match IMO.

Furthermore people keep saying how well they work together, but well into the 3rd Season Toph and Katara still had friction, and these three have never actually all fought together at the same time. Right before Sozin's Comet they weren't even on the same page as Zuko.

No need to post the video, I can't count how many times I've seen the episode lol.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 the_stegman  Moderator

@lunacyde: Lol, I didn't post it for just Toph awesomeness, it shows her dodging attacks that are similar to Earth discs (small rocks and such) which to me, shows that her blindness won't really limit her even if the things being thrown are small. And yeah, Toph doesn't use..such small weapons to attack, but she has been shown to simply jab rocks at people, I think she'd get the hang of it eventually..after a few anger caused penalties. As for teamwork, It's true the Fire Ferrets have shown better teamwork, but the Aang Gang seem to be able to work together without communicating, like when they stormed the Dai Lee compound, they protected each other as well as attacked incoming threats simultaneously. Toph and Katara did have friction, but I think they got over that for the most part, even then, it was basically just them bickering. And as for Sozin's Comet, each team member were working by themselves for the most part.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Lunacyde  Moderator

@the_stegman:

I know, it's not about the size of the object, she can detect things made of Earth even if they are airborn. However fire and water attacks could potentially be a problem. She will know they are coming and from what direction, but she cannot sense them in the air. Just saying the rules really cut back on what she can do since most of her impressive feats would be pointless in a Pro-Bending match.

AzorAhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a pro-bending match, the Fire Ferrets would take this. They would have been champs if the other team didn't cheat.

I think Korra Krew is being underestimated here. I think Korra would beat Aang. Korra is super aggressive, and Aang isn't so good with aggressive fighters + correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Aang kinda passive?

IDK why Mako is being undermined here. The dude had NO teachers, NO parents and he taught himself to lightning bend. I think he would beat Zuko here if didn't use the usual pro-bending style he has.

As much as I love Bolin, Toph takes this. Lin vs Toph would've been better. But I think Lin would take it, she could do everything Toph can and more.

I wanna say Katara but Tarrlok is taking this. His bloodbending his only rivaled by Yakone and Amon. In a straight up waterbending fight, I think it would be a good match but still, Tarrlok takes it.

Yeah yeah, Suki knows Martial arts but so what? So do the equalists? They can chi block too. Since Asami has that glove, it only takes ONE touch and Suki is done. Idc how good your martial arts are.

No Caption Provided

Just thought this was pretty funny!

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Funsiized

Round one goes to the Fire Ferrets, their style is much more suited for pro bending.

Round two goes to the BoomerAang crew.

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AzorAhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AzorAhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Haha I realized Meelo and Sokka are commentating this! The producers should put more Meelo!

AzorAhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azorahai: I do, Tarrlok doesn't have many feats and nothing besides blood bending to say he is a better bender than Katara. Katara is more creative and innovative with her bending and battle situations.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Arcus1

I was considering making this, just the probending part though.

Anyway, Fire Ferrets win round 1, Toph and Katara are too static, they'll have problems with fast paced, agile pro-bending.

The Gaang takes round 2, it's a much closer fight now but I'd still give them the edge

schleck33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probending- Think they would be evenly matched.

Catacombs- Toph keeps Korra busy, Aang and Zuko waste the rest of the krew. Come back and finish Korra.

Reasons- Aang lightning redirect, can negate lava, his own seismic sense, faster and more powerful than any normal bender.

schleck33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By schleck33

Probending- Think they would be evenly matched.

Catacombs- Toph keeps Korra busy, Aang and Zuko waste the rest of the krew. Come back and finish Korra.

Reasons- Aang lightning redirect, can negate lava, his own seismic sense, faster and more powerful than any normal bender.