Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arcus1

Team 1: Aang, Mako, Bolin, Asami, Tenzin

Team 2: Korra, Zuko, Toph, Katara, Sokka

.Korra and Aang have switched places on their respective teams to do batle, but which team will win?

Korra is perfectly healthy. The Avatars can bend all elements, but no Avatar State

Fight takes place here:

No Caption Provided

Starting distance is 25 feet. Time is afternoon.

Aang, Tenzin, and Korra can use glider staffs. Korra and Katara have four water pouches should they be needed. Asami has her electric glove. Sokka has his boomerang and space sword.

All fighters are in character but determined to win. Victory by ko

Which team will claim victory?

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang v korra: aang should win this. all around better avatar

Mako vs zuko: zuko wins. dragon training plus lightning redirection gives him the edge.

Bolin v toph: as much as i love toph, she will lose. lava bending is basically the anti-earthbending. bolin can lava-fy anything she throws at him, or he turns the groud under her feet into lava.

Tenzin v katara: experience should win over here. between his experience and probable knowledge of water benders (from his mother and sister), tenzin would be able to counter/dodge katara's moves

asami vs sokka: im thinking asami should win. electric glove for the win.

from there, team LOK collapses onto zuko and takes him out

Aang and LOK win

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jmarshmallow

Aang's team. Too much power.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightofzero: Aang's better in air and earth, but I'd say Korra's better in water and fire

Bolin's not gonna try to bury Toph in lava with morals on

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1.

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus bolin is a soldier. he was willing to kill the 2 people in the mecha tanks just to escape

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By johnfrank120

Woah, close one.

I can't think of a winner, but team 1 might have an edge.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mako vs zuko: zuko wins. dragon training plus lightning redirection gives him the edge.

Bolin v toph: as much as i love toph, she will lose. lava bending is basically the anti-earthbending. bolin can lava-fy anything she throws at him, or he turns the groud under her feet into lava.

Tenzin v katara: experience should win over here. between his experience and probable knowledge of water benders (from his mother and sister), tenzin would be able to counter/dodge katara's moves

Aang and LOK win

good answer, and i'd side and stick with this.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Good matchup, Arucs. Switching Aang and Korra was very interesting move. I am going to need time to think about this one.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like I have said previously, Aang can solo his Gaang, while Korra, ehh not so much, she's definitely massively outpaced in each of their respective elements, where as Aang is almost as good of a water bender as Katara and a pretty decent earth bender, and Mako makes up for his weakness in fire bending. The individual Gangs (w/o the avatar) would be a pretty close match, which I think could go to the new one if they attack right.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Korra has the metal bending edge and is a top-notch water bender, i give her a close win over aang, zuko beats mako, bolin beats toph, tenzin beats katara.

Tenzin and bolin vs korra and zuko, korra should take tenzin out while zuko is downed by bolin or held for korra to help him take him out, or he beats zuko and loses to korra.

Team korra wins.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tenzin wins it for team 1. Two powerful air benders on the same team is not good for team 2 where the only airbender is korra who still isn't that good but has improved.

Abyssdarkfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

team 1 zuko is the only person i see pulling out a win

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang v. Korra: Aang.

Mako v. Zuko: Zuko. More skilled, more powerful and he has lightning redirection.

Bolin v. Toph: Bolin get's rekt.

Tenzin v. Katara: Pretty much what Knight said: Experience wins here as Tenz-man most likely already has had knowledge of water benders (from his mother and sister). Not only that but in this case Tenzin will overpower, outmanuever, block, and counter anything Katara throws at him. Especially because she's very limited here. If only she had more than 4 pouches of water here against an airbender more technically skilled than Aang.

Asami v. Sokka: Interesting battle. But they're pretty much non-facors in this battle without any bending.

In the end, it comes down to Aang & Tenzin against Zuko & Toph. In which case, Team 1 wins.

Signed,

L. D.

healed1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By healed1337

I would agree that overall, Zuko is the better firebender, but keep in mind that Mako demonstrated both lightning generation and redirection in season 1. It could be a more interesting fight than most people give it credit for.

I would argue that Korra would beat Ang, due to having a more aggressive fighting style (yet has still shown feats of agility like when she defeated a bunch of waterbenders without using any bending herself, instead dodging around and knocking them out with punches or tying them up in banners), has demonstrated more special bending techniques (healing, metal bending, forms of spirit bending Aang hadn't even heard of even if it wouldn't make a difference in the fight, resisting blood bending without the avatar state). She's also actually fought a dark avatar whereas Aang never had a chance to fight any kind of equivalent, and she was winning until Tarlok brought out the weird spirit tentacles. Either way, their fight would be very impressive, with each of them bettering the other in 2 elements if you go by feats in the shows (Korra with water and fire, Aang with air and earth).

Toph would most likely wreck Bolin with her more consistently impressive feats and seismic sensing, although his lava bending could potentially give him a few wins.

As with everyone else's thoughts so far, Tenzin and Asami would most likely beat Katara and Sokka, even if Katara would give Tenzin a bit of a fight.

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang and LOK win

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Arcus1

Bump, finale gave Korra some nice feats that might change things (plus I enjoy posting gifs)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My answer doesn't change. If Korra tries Waterbendind the way she did in the above gifs Mako will just electrocute her. While the earthbending above is good it's still not really as good as Toph's.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My answer doesn't change. If Korra tries Waterbendind the way she did in the above gifs Mako will just electrocute her. While the earthbending above is good it's still not really as good as Toph's.

Korra wasn't even in contact with water there

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser:

Korra wasn't touching the water. She wouldn't be fried the same way Ming Hua was.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nope no changes!! XD

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus:

Hard to say. All the fighters here are extremely close now. Bolin lifting that huge wall and aiding in pushing over a skyscraper gives him the raw power feats to hold his own against Toph when you include his lavabending advantages. Mako and Zuko are almost dead even in terms of speed, agility, and firepower, though Mako is clearly the better manipulator of lightning. Tenzin is probably the most skilled bender here, but his raw power isn't so high that he can't be taken down. The two avatars are very close, though I'd give Korra the edge there.

I think I'd ultimately give it to team one. Two master airbenders on that team and one of the heavy hitters on Team 2 is super vulnerable to airbending. It could make the match a 4v5 early on if Team 2 isn't careful, which would result in a steady snowball effect leading to a win. Team 1 also has access to lavabending and a character actually capable of lightning generation. Just a wider array of skill sets.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus:

Hard to say. All the fighters here are extremely close now. Bolin lifting that huge wall and aiding in pushing over a skyscraper gives him the raw power feats to hold his own against Toph when you include his lavabending advantages. Mako and Zuko are almost dead even in terms of speed, agility, and firepower, though Mako is clearly the better manipulator of lightning. Tenzin is probably the most skilled bender here, but his raw power isn't so high that he can't be taken down. The two avatars are very close, though I'd give Korra the edge there.

I think I'd ultimately give it to team one. Two master airbenders on that team and one of the heavy hitters on Team 2 is super vulnerable to airbending. It could make the match a 4v5 early on if Team 2 isn't careful, which would result in a steady snowball effect leading to a win. Team 1 also has access to lavabending and a character actually capable of lightning generation. Just a wider array of skill sets.

At the same time, Team 2 has 2 master waterbenders, while team 1 has none. While Mako's got some good feats, I'd say that Zuko's firepower is more consistently powerful. Bolin barely lifted that wall and was struggling with the skyscraper (though that was an awesome scene)

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Aressword

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh. I give it to Korra.

The sheer power is firmly on her teams side with just her and Toph. But with Katara, you add a level of untouchability against anyone not airbending. I don't see the other team getting very close and i likely see Korra over powering Aang.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang+LoK team should win this.

Aang is stealmating or beating korra, but Tenzin can take on anyone and bolin can take on toph, because lava is just hax against earth.

And to whom gives zuko the edge against mako due to lightning redirection, i'd like to remind you guys that zuko has never met someone who generates lightning as fast as Mako.

Loving how nobody is considering asami and sokka xD

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat:

Ozai generates pretty much instant lightning.

Bolin has lavabending, true, but Toph's got raw power over him, and as we saw with Bolin and Ghazan's first fight an earthbender can stand against a lavabender

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Pierpat

@arcus said:

@pierpat:

Ozai generates pretty much instant lightning.

Bolin has lavabending, true, but Toph's got raw power over him, and as we saw with Bolin and Ghazan's first fight an earthbender can stand against a lavabender

Stand=/= win

Ghazan was toying with him

the problem with earthbending that with bumi's exception, all really powerful attacks are slow.

Bolin can melt all the fast and little attacks and avoid all the slow and powerful ones.

Ozai's was not as fast as mako's and zuko was expecting it

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat:

It took Ozai about a second to generate the lightning, Mako's not that much faster

Bolin's lava bending is just as slow as powerful earthbending attacks

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@pierpat:

It took Ozai about a second to generate the lightning, Mako's not that much faster

Mako seemed literally instant to me, ozai needed some gestures, abeit short, but he needed them.

It makes a huge difference given that redirection needs a particular stance to be effective.

There's a huge difference between lavabending's attakc and powerful earthbending ones in this case

Toph usually avoids getting hit with shields or little adjustaments, that are not effective vs lavabending

While bolin avoids with pure speed/agility and melting, that will work against toph's attacks

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Arcus1

@pierpat said:

@arcus said:

@pierpat:

Mako seemed literally instant to me, ozai needed some gestures, abeit short, but he needed them.

It makes a huge difference given that redirection needs a particular stance to be effective.

There's a huge difference between lavabending's attakc and powerful earthbending ones in this case

Toph usually avoids getting hit with shields or little adjustaments, that are not effective vs lavabending

While bolin avoids with pure speed/agility and melting, that will work against toph's attacks

Fair enough

Bolin's blocked lavabending with earth shields before

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By vengefulshot

Korra vs Aang: Without avatar state I have Korra above Aang. Morals only seals it for her.

Katara vs Tenzin: Stalemate. I might lean towards Katara with that much water but the margin is too small to give her a majority. He has more experience, but she is more naturally talented imo and is not lacking in experience herself. She is also more versatile and call pull water from plants allowing her to attack from any direction here. She does pretty well vs agile opponents (see Azula).

Toph vs Bolin: Morals on Bolin will be too conservative with his lava for it to be too problematic vs Toph.

Zuko vs Mako: Zuko is better than Mako in firebending and can redirect his lightning.

Sokka vs Asami: Shes faster, more agile, better in cq and has an easy onehit with her glove. She still needs to get into range but the only way Sokka wins is if he gets incredibly lucky with his boomerang.

Asami finishes her fight first and helps Tenzin to defeat Katara.

Then it's Korra, Toph and Zuko vs Tenzin and Asami.

Tenzin and Asami proceed to get curbed/ Korra solos them mid-high dif.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 anthp2000  Moderator

Aang > Tenzin >= Toph = Katara >= Korra > Zuko >= Boln > Mako > Asami > Sokka

Could go either way. Aang is MVP, but Toph and Katara in the same team is too problematic and Korra can hold her own against Tenzin or Aang before going down.

viren809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang > Tenzin >= Toph = Katara >= Korra > Zuko >= Boln > Mako > Asami > Sokka

Could go either way. Aang is MVP, but Toph and Katara in the same team is too problematic and Korra can hold her own against Tenzin or Aang before going down.

Unlimited1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra vs Aang

Zuko vs Mako

Toph vs Bolin

Katara vs Tenzin

Sokka vs Asami

Team two wins Without much trouble, Aang and Tenzin are overrated.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 anthp2000  Moderator

Nowadays, I would actually say Asami is definitely superior to Mako and has a good shot of being better than Bolin too in here.

I'm not sure tho.

Avatar image for deactivated-6249a821a8c64
deactivated-6249a821a8c64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team KorrATLA has a huge weak link, and is weak against two airbenders. I think I'm going with Team LOKAang.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra vs Aang

Zuko vs Mako

Toph vs Bolin

Katara vs Tenzin

Sokka vs Asami

Team two wins Without much trouble, Aang and Tenzin are overrated.

This.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So disappointed I only saw this now :(

But I'd give the edge to Team 1 because of Aang and Tenzi. Also, Asami > Sokka

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra vs Aang: Without avatar state I have Korra above Aang. Morals only seals it for her.

Katara vs Tenzin: Stalemate. I might lean towards Katara with that much water but the margin is too small to give her a majority. He has more experience, but she is more naturally talented imo and is not lacking in experience herself. She is also more versatile and call pull water from plants allowing her to attack from any direction here. She does pretty well vs agile opponents (see Azula).

Toph vs Bolin: Morals on Bolin will be too conservative with his lava for it to be too problematic vs Toph.

Zuko vs Mako: Zuko is better than Mako in firebending and can redirect his lightning.

Sokka vs Asami: Shes faster, more agile, better in cq and has an easy onehit with her glove. She still needs to get into range but the only way Sokka wins is if he gets incredibly lucky with his boomerang.

Asami finishes her fight first and helps Tenzin to defeat Katara.

Then it's Korra, Toph and Zuko vs Tenzin and Asami.

Tenzin and Asami proceed to get curbed/ Korra solos them mid-high dif.